Top 5 most overrated wrestlers of all time.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I can prove that your list is dumb easily

1. Ric Flair was a major draw for the NWA. He could make any wrestler he was wrestling against look like world championship material. His gimmick is what made him a star. He carried himself like a world champion. He had star power.

2. Nigel McGuiness and Bryan Danielson helped put Ring of Honor on the map (along with Samoa Joe and CM Punk). Not to mention they are better workers than maybe 95% of the WWE/TNA rosters. And as far as Danielson's opponent's helping him with moves uhh newsflash it's a work! You really think John Cena could lift the big show on his shoulders if Big Show wasn't helping him. And guess what-when Hogan slammed Andre Andre did nearly all the work. And as far as Nigel's boring matches with Kurt Angle and Austin Aries one thing for sure is this-you are not a fan of professional wrestling nor do you know anything about the psychology of professional wrestling. His match against Kurt Angle was about how everything Angle tried Nigel had a counter for it. And both Nigel and Angle are technical wrestlers with several submissions in their arsenal.

3. Angelina Love may not be the second coming of Manami Toyota (someone you probably have no idea who they are) in the ring but there's no denying that she, along with the beautiful people bring TNA alot of ratings. And ratings = money which is what this business is about-making money.

4. If Bret Hart's Iron Man match would have been really exciting and action packed the entire time #1 both wrestlers would have died from oxygen deprivation. and #2 so would the crowd.

Next time you try to sound smart learn a little about the subject.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

dstebbins

Reaction score
I can prove that your list is dumb easily

1. Ric Flair was a major draw for the NWA.
That doesn't mean he's not overrated. Rather, to be overrated, you must first have a lot of people think that you're not overrated.

He could make any wrestler he was wrestling against look like world championship material.
Prove it.

PROVE that it was Flair, not Flair's opponent's own talent, that got his opponents to stardom.

His gimmick is what made him a star.
I already said that.

He carried himself like a world champion.
Yes, and I, too, am fully capable of carrying myself.

I'm not in a wheelchair, damn it.

He had star power.
Asked and answered.

2. Nigel McGuiness and Bryan Danielson helped put Ring of Honor on the map (along with Samoa Joe and CM Punk).
The fact that they are so popular is what makes them overrated.

If they weren't already popular to begin with, they would just have the popularity that they deserved.

Not to mention they are better workers than maybe 95% of the WWE/TNA rosters.
Prove it.

And as far as Danielson's opponent's helping him with moves uhh newsflash it's a work!
1. "News flash" is two words.
2. Yes, I know it's a work, dumbass.

You really think John Cena could lift the big show on his shoulders if Big Show wasn't helping him.
Duh!

And guess what-when Hogan slammed Andre Andre did nearly all the work.
Learn to use commas, you idiot.

And as far as Nigel's boring matches with Kurt Angle and Austin Aries one thing for sure is this-you are not a fan of professional wrestling
Prove it.

nor do you know anything about the psychology of professional wrestling.
Prove it.

His match against Kurt Angle was about how everything Angle tried Nigel had a counter for it.
Your point?

And both Nigel and Angle are technical wrestlers with several submissions in their arsenal.
You're point?

3. Angelina Love may not be the second coming of Manami Toyota (someone you probably have no idea who they are) in the ring but there's no denying that she, along with the beautiful people bring TNA alot of ratings. And ratings = money which is what this business is about-making money.
You obviously don't know the definition of "overrated," you fucking idiot. Look it up in the fucking dictionary, motherfucker.

4. If Bret Hart's Iron Man match would have been really exciting and action packed the entire time #1 both wrestlers would have died from oxygen deprivation. and #2 so would the crowd.
No one ever said it had to be the whole sixty minutes of nothing but spots and hurricanranas. But, the whole hour doesn't need to just be armbars and clotheslines, either.

[quote[Next time you try to sound smart learn a little about the subject.[/QUOTE]
I could say the same thing to you.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Reaction score
Opinions cannot be proven; opinions can be supported. The concept of "overrated" is completely dependent upon one's opinion of how much value something or someone deserves.

dstebbins

Reaction score
Opinions cannot be proven
That is bullshit.

Here is the first video that I ever uploaded to Youtube, ever. I used an essay that I wrote in college as my script. As you can see, it only has one opinion in it (that opinion being, that at-will employment is an evil doctrine and needs to be replaced with strict firing policies). The rest of my sentences prove this thesis with cold, hard, indisputable facts. I left the references out of this video, but they were in the essay that I used as my script. I got an A on this essay, so the quality is good. The school is accredited by the US Department of Education, so, if you question me, you question my school and, in turn, question the US government.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiPoCMbhaQA

So, you ask how we can "prove an opinion?" Well, there's a method, right there, and you have the gal, you have the audacity to say that opinions can't be proven? Stay in school, bitch!

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

dstebbins

Reaction score
No.

Prove it.

Hey, I can get my brother in law to stand in for that opponent while I go on camera and do those elbows - oops, I mean, triceps - to his head, and prove it that way. It'll take me a few days, but I can do it.

I'll make you a deal: I think I can prove it if you give me enough time to set it all up. You think otherwise. The looser has to go 90 days with a sig that shows two guys making out with a subtitle that says in big, bold letters "I'M PROUD TO BE GAY!"

Are you up for it?

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
You want to look at someones signature that has two guys making out in it?

edit- Saw your video. Not surprised. Nevermind.

Reaction score
I'm not going to argue your essay and it's flaws because this isn't the forum for it.

Obviously given the fact you think that you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt something that is mere opinion and then use such poor logic such that questioning you is analogous to questioning the US government, you have some deficiency in rational thinking.

(As a side note, I question the US government all the time, as should any US citizen.)

dstebbins

Reaction score
You want to look at someones signature that has two guys making out in it?
Do you, or do you not, accept my challenge?

edit- Saw your video. Not surprised. Nevermind.
You did NOT edit that post, you fucking liar! If you had edited that post, this paragraph would not have appeared in the email that told me that you had responded.

dstebbins

Reaction score
I'm not going to argue your essay and it's flaws because this isn't the forum for it.
What about arguing on the actual youtube video?

Obviously given the fact you think that you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt something that is mere opinion and then use such poor logic such that questioning you is analogous to questioning the US government, you have some deficiency in rational thinking.
Can you prove how my belief makes me an irrational thinker?

Can you PROVE that connection?

(As a side note, I question the US government all the time, as should any US citizen.)
Do you question the competency of schools that the US Department of Education gives its accreditation to?