Top 5 most overrated wrestlers of all time.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
1. It takes 60 seconds to recognize an edit

2. That was not a paragraph.

3. You have downs

Reaction score
This guy is a good troll. No doubt. But the only person on your list that is over rated is Bret. His in ring stuff is easily the most over rated stuff on the net. But this guy's cred dies instantly by calling Flair over rated. Flair is easily one of the top 5 greatest North American Workers ever. He, Thesz, HBK, Jack Brisco and Stangler Lewis. Jack Brisco can be argued with some one else, but Flair isn't debatable. And Angelina Love?? WTF? Who over rates her?

The most over rated in history? None of us are old enough to qualify to make a list like that. But to my personal knowledge and lifetime, a fair list would look something like this:
Bret Hart
Hulk Hogan
Eric Bischoff
Vern Gagne
The 2007- present Indy scene

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

dstebbins

Reaction score
Reaction score
Sigh, I've got some time to kill before UFC tonight. Let's rock and roll then. To everybody who is reading this thread for a wrestling related topic, I apologize.

"Workers have families to support; workers have bills to pay" That is a sweeping generalization. Not all workers have families to support, not all workers have bills to pay.

"[Managers] tend to be rather careless in their hiring and firing practices" Another generalization. SOME managers may be careless, but you provide no evidence to show that ALL managers do this.

"Most people after being fired will often...sue accordingly" One again, generalization. I find that statement highly suspect. Please provide your source for that so it can be verified.

"...the kind that they have in United Kingdom" Analogy flaw - just because a system necessarily works in another country does not mean it will necessarily work in America.

"What happens outside of the workplace....is none of the boss's business" An employee reflects his or her employer both in and out of the workplace. I would argue that it is indeed the boss's business if his employee is harming the business's reputation by outside of work activities.

"There will be less unemployment" Unemployment is based upon the number of available jobs and the number of available people to fill those jobs. You give no mention of even a correlation between job security and job creation.

In your conclusion, you gave the benefits to workers of your proposed system. You failed to address how the system works with regards to an employee voluntarily terminating his or her employment.

Now, I actually agree with some of the points you make in there. However, to say that you PROVED something here is just plain wrong. I would argue that Employment-at-will is a just system, and that since a person owns his or her company, he or she has the right to surround himself with who he or she wants. To say you proved your opinion is correct would mean that all other opinions are subsequently incorrect. My opinion cannot be proven incorrect. Your logic is asinine.

I suggest you take an LSAT pre-course - it may help with your logical thinking.

dstebbins

Reaction score
not all workers have bills to pay.
...the fuck?

EVERYONE has bills to pay! They have to pay their rent or mortgage, even if they're all alone. They have to buy their food. That stuff costs money.

"[Managers] tend to be rather careless in their hiring and firing practices" Another generalization. SOME managers may be careless, but you provide no evidence to show that ALL managers do this.
I never said that ALL managers do that.

"Most people after being fired will often...sue accordingly" One again, generalization.
Which is why I said MOST of them!

I find that statement highly suspect. Please provide your source for that so it can be verified.
How about the fact that the EEOC consistently files over 90,000 claims each year?

http://blog.csihro.com/index.php/20...h-up-with-federal-race-discrimination-claims/

"...the kind that they have in United Kingdom" Analogy flaw - just because a system necessarily works in another country does not mean it will necessarily work in America.
And, where do you get that logic? "Just because it's been proven to work in the past doesn't mean it stands a good chance of working, now." What the FUCK are you smoking?

An employee reflects his or her employer both in and out of the workplace.
Your point?

"There will be less unemployment" Unemployment is based upon the number of available jobs and the number of available people to fill those jobs.
No, it is based on the number of people who don't have jobs.

if what you're saying is true, we wouldn't be in a recession, right now, because there are a lot of people without jobs, but there are no available jobs for them to get, so the unemployment rate would still be at around 100%.

You give no mention of even a correlation between job security and job creation.
The lack of probability of getting fired (job security) will cause people to stay employed! That, in turn, will cause a decrease in unemployment.

In your conclusion, you gave the benefits to workers of your proposed system.
Job security is not a benefit?

You failed to address how the system works with regards to an employee voluntarily terminating his or her employment.
That is at-will. At-will employment on the employer's part is terminated because, historically, they have sufficient bargaining power to abuse it, and, as we all know, you loose you rights if you abuse them.

However, to say that you PROVED something here is just plain wrong.
Your allegation that I haven't proved anything is just plain wrong.

I would argue that Employment-at-will is a just system, and that since a person owns his or her company, he or she has the right to surround himself with who he or she wants.
Your rights end when you're unfairly infringing the rights of others (in this case, the right to make an honest living).

To say you proved your opinion is correct would mean that all other opinions are subsequently incorrect.
They are incorrect until they can provide evidence in their own favor.

I suggest you take an LSAT pre-course - it may help with your logical thinking.
I suggest you take a kindergarten course. It may help with your thinking.

dstebbins

Reaction score
PROVE IT!!

Go back and read his post, you fucking idiot! He said "it only takes 60 seconds to recognize an EDIT."

That's just a simple matter of looking at what he wrote!

You fucking moron!

dstebbins

Reaction score
Enzo, you fucking Blue dumbass, why do you still demand that I prove it when I already have proven it?

Don't challenge me to prove something that you know I'll be able to prove. You'll just look stupid when I do prove it.

Reaction score
EVERYONE has bills to pay! They have to pay their rent or mortgage, even if they're all alone. They have to buy their food. That stuff costs money.

What about a 16 year old who lives with his/her parents, in a situation where the parents pay all of the bills? That person can still get a job. DISPROOF

I never said that ALL managers do that.

You said "Managers..." which would give the reader/viewer the impression it is true of all managers. You should have stated it was not all managers. If I were to say "British people have bad teeth." the implication is that it applies to all British people because I did not use a qualifier.

How about the fact that the EEOC consistently files over 90,000 claims each year?

http://blog.csihro.com/index.php/201...nation-claims/

You provide evidence if the number of claims. Super. You claimed that MOST people who get fired file a claim. Show me the data on the number of people who get fired then so we can see if the majority would be near 90,000.

Your point?

That job performance while on the clock is not the only way an employee can affect the company that employee works for.

No, it is based on the number of people who don't have jobs.

if what you're saying is true, we wouldn't be in a recession, right now, because there are a lot of people without jobs, but there are no available jobs for them to get, so the unemployment rate would still be at around 100%.

Because you fire somebody, that job does not cease to exist. It creates an opening that somebody else can fill, thus not affecting the overall unemployment rate.

The lack of probability of getting fired (job security) will cause people to stay employed! That, in turn, will cause a decrease in unemployment.

The only way unemployment can be decreased is for unemployed people to get jobs. The maintaining of current jobs does not accomplish that.

Job security is not a benefit?

I gave you credit for proposing the benefits. I assume you just read that wrong.

And, where do you get that logic? "Just because it's been proven to work in the past doesn't mean it stands a good chance of working, now." What the FUCK are you smoking?

I was pointing out the poor logic of comparing place A and place B - yet your rebuttal is about time A and time B. Not a good rebuttal at all.

Your allegation that I haven't proved anything is just plain wrong.

Why don't you prove your allegation about my allegation then? /snicker You haven't proved anything because your point can be argued against intelligently. Contrary to what you believe, just because you state something doesn't make it so.

Your rights end when you're unfairly infringing the rights of others (in this case, the right to make an honest living).

"Unfairly" is a subjective term. That right isn't being taken away. The employee has a right to march his ass down the street and work somewhere else. Also, I don't remember seeing the right to make an honest living in the Constitution. Maybe I missed it - I did sleep through government class occasionally. Can you point it out for me?

I suggest you take a kindergarten course. It may help with your thinking.

A truly witty rebuttal. Bravo.

dstebbins

Reaction score
What about a 16 year old who lives with his/her parents, in a situation where the parents pay all of the bills? That person can still get a job. DISPROOF
No, that just gives one (rare) example where my statement is not the case.

It's like showing a bodybuilding woman is physically stronger than Bill Gates, and saying that that disproves the statement that men are physically stronger than women.

You said "Managers..." which would give the reader/viewer the impression it is true of all managers.
No, you got that impression because you're a fucking idiot.

You should have stated it was not all managers.
You should have known that I meant it.

If I were to say "British people have bad teeth." the implication is that it applies to all British people because I did not use a qualifier.
No, it means that, on a general level, the average quality of British teeth is lower than the average quality of American teeth.

Fucking moron.

You provide evidence if the number of claims. Super. You claimed that MOST people who get fired file a claim. Show me the data on the number of people who get fired then so we can see if the majority would be near 90,000.
Do you want the number of yearly workers who get fired for a reason they believe is unfair? Can I exclude the workers who are dismissed on good terms, such as a common layoff due to downsizing due to the state of the economy? Also, can I exclude workers who were forced to quit due to injury?

That job performance while on the clock is not the only way an employee can affect the company that employee works for.
But, it's the only part of the employment that is actually within the course and scope of employment.

If the employer cannot be held liable for the acts of the employee via the doctrine of respondiat superior, they have no business regulating it amongst their allumni.

Because you fire somebody, that job does not cease to exist. It creates an opening that somebody else can fill, thus not affecting the overall unemployment rate.
Fair enough.

However, while that might be a common denominator, we still must look at the grand scheme of things. If the employment rate stays the same, then we should look to improve another portion of the employment relationship. Job security for existing jobs is the next best target.

The only way unemployment can be decreased is for unemployed people to get jobs. The maintaining of current jobs does not accomplish that.
Actually, it does by keeping the unemployment rate from increasing at a faster rate.

I was pointing out the poor logic of comparing place A and place B - yet your rebuttal is about time A and time B. Not a good rebuttal at all.
Ok, let me use places instead of times.

If something works in San Fransisco, does that mean that it doesn't stand a good chance of working in Las Angelas?

If something works in Texas, does that mean that it doesn't stand a good chance of working in Louisiana?

Gay marriage has worked in Canada for several years. Does that mean it doesn't stand a good chance of working in the United States?

The fact that something works elsewhere increases the likelihood that it would work here!

Why don't you prove your allegation about my allegation then? /snicker You haven't proved anything because your point can be argued against intelligently. Contrary to what you believe, just because you state something doesn't make it so.
You're right. Just because I say something, doesn't make it true. If I said that Z was the first letter of the English alphabet, that wouldn't make it true.

However, what DOES make it true is when I can provide citations for the things I say.

"Unfairly" is a subjective term.
For such subjective concepts, common law has developed the "Reasonable Person" doctrine.

Would the Reasonable Person think that your rights have been unfairly violated?

That right isn't being taken away.
So, getting fired is taking not taking away your right to make a living?

The employee has a right to march his ass down the street and work somewhere else.
What if it's hard as hell to get another job?

If that were the case, labor unions would not be so concerned with job security. If it were as easy you imply to just "get another job," there would be no need for collective bargaining and anti-discrimination laws because employees would already have sufficient bargaining power to get jobs on their own.

Also, I don't remember seeing the right to make an honest living in the Constitution. Maybe I missed it - I did sleep through government class occasionally. Can you point it out for me?
Does the Constitution protect the right to privacy?

Does the Constitution protect the right to peaceful enjoyment of your property?

These rights come from the 9th Amendment.