TNA Victory Road 2011 - Official Card

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
b0dc5fa189d9a52116889fd04ae3106c_M.jpg

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE
Jeff Hardy vs. (c) Sting

#1 CONTENDER MATCH
Mr. Anderson vs. Rob Van Dam

Matt Hardy vs. AJ Styles

FIRST BLOOD MATCH
Hernandez vs. Matt Morgan​

ULTIMATE X MATCH FOR THE X TITLE
Jeremy Buck vs. Max Buck vs. (c) Kazarian vs. Robbie E​

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Ink Inc vs. (c) Beer Money​

CHALLENGE MATCH
Bully Ray vs. Tommy Dreamer​

KNOCKOUTS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Sarita & Rosita vs. (c) Angelina Love & Winter​

The PPV is this Sunday, March 13, and TNA only annouced these matches on IMPACT last week. Leaving things a bit late but anyway what do you think of the card so far? What other matches do you think will be added?​

This post will be updated when more matches are announced on TNA's website.​

Last edited:

Rev

Reaction score
Pretty good opener, not so sure about Ultimate X. I hope to god it's good.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Why the hell would they wait almost the week before the PPV to announce matches? Do they even care about buyrates? How do you advertise a PPV without properly building up feuds? This is bush league, look at WWE right now, pretty much every match has been mapped out and booked already. Now they have a solid four weeks or more to build up the feuds.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE are normally guilty of this as well, the announced one or two matches well in advance and then wait the week or two before the PPV before announcing the rest of the card. WWE are finally being ahead of the game since it is WrestleMania.

TNA should have announced this a lot sooner though, the mainevent won't even be announced until a few days before the PPV which won't help buyrates.

So far with the card nothing really stands out. First Blood matches are so hard to work I don't really enjoy them. The Ultimate X match should be good but the only issue I have is having tag team partners in there potentially working against each other. TNA don't need to break up another tag team since currently they don't have that many. Ink Inc vs Beer Money should be really good and so far is the match I am most interested in. Ray vs Dreamer doesn't interest me at all, should be an Impact match rather than a PPV match. Surprised the Knockouts Championship is actually being defended and on PPV as well.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
This does look completely thrown together. Nothing stands out, it is just kinda there. Don't know how this will add sales to the company at all.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WWE are normally guilty of this as well, the announced one or two matches well in advance and then wait the week or two before the PPV before announcing the rest of the card. WWE are finally being ahead of the game since it is WrestleMania.

TNA should have announced this a lot sooner though, the mainevent won't even be announced until a few days before the PPV which won't help buyrates.

So far with the card nothing really stands out. First Blood matches are so hard to work I don't really enjoy them. The Ultimate X match should be good but the only issue I have is having tag team partners in there potentially working against each other. TNA don't need to break up another tag team since currently they don't have that many. Ink Inc vs Beer Money should be really good and so far is the match I am most interested in. Ray vs Dreamer doesn't interest me at all, should be an Impact match rather than a PPV match. Surprised the Knockouts Championship is actually being defended and on PPV as well.

Yes, you are definitely right about WWE being guilty of this as well, especially the gap between Summerslam and Survivor Series. But the thing is, TNA is not in any position to be making mistakes like this. If they are supposed to be competition, then they should be putting more thought into their product.

OK, If TNA wanted their shows to mean something, maybe they should scale back on the PPVs, if they scale it back to on every two months, that gives you enough time to properly build feuds and angles. Wouldn't it be better to get people into watching Impact when they have an actual angle that was built properly instead of thrown away after a few weeks or less.

But saying that for TNA, I think WWE should be doing that as well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
TNA have added the three biggest matches for Victory Road three days before the PPV.

Sting vs Jeff Hardy for the title. I still don't understand all the switching around of the title in recent months but because of all those changes there is no way Jeff is winning the title here especially with his court case STILL hanging over his head.

Anderson and RVD both claimed to have reasons for a title shot but lost their chance and so have to go through a number ones contender match to get another shot at the title. Very hard to predict how this will go since the mainevent in TNA has been very unpredictable in recent months. Anderson would make sense so it will probably be RVD.

Matt Hardy vs AJ Styles just happened on Impact this week so that match has already been given away for free. I guess it is a way to get two more big names onto the card.

What do you think of the final card now that the big matches have been added?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
One of the most unespiring looking line-ups in years.

Sting has had more comebacks than the Undertaker, him and TNA need to part company for good now.

Ultimate X is lame.

The only title I can see changing hands is the KO's tag title.

Seen Hernandez against Morgan too many times, don't have a lot of time for either.

Don't care about Matt Hardy, don't care about Rob Van Dam.

Awful.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Posted my thoughts for these mathces in the TNA sub forum.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Well suffice to say this was awful. Really short match reviews

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE
Jeff Hardy vs. (c) Sting
Lasted all of one minute. Bischoff comes out before the match and says it is no DQ. Sting rolls up Hardy a minute in and wins.

#1 CONTENDER MATCH
Mr. Anderson vs. Rob Van Dam
Match was decent but ended in a double countout making the stipulation worthless

Matt Hardy vs. AJ Styles
This was actually pretty good. AJ busts out Spiral Tap for first time in years for the W.

FIRST BLOOD MATCH
Hernandez vs. Matt Morgan
Awful Hernandez wins by splashing "blood" onto Morgan.

ULTIMATE X MATCH FOR THE X TITLE
Jeremy Buck vs. Max Buck vs. (c) Kazarian vs. Robbie E
Decent Spotfest nothing we haven't seen before.

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Ink Inc vs. (c) Beer Money
Solid tag match nothing special.

CHALLENGE MATCH
Bully Ray vs. Tommy Dreamer
Served it's purpose and Devon came out and got revenge but was a typical streetfight/brawl.

KNOCKOUTS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Sarita & Rosita vs. (c) Angelina Love & Winter
Weak finish to not so great match.

Waste of 2 and a half hours (ended at like 10:35) and killed more Brain Cells than a Bottle of Jack.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Thats what I thought you might say!:nod:

Reaction score
I just watched the main event on youtube. That was totally pathetic on TNA and Jeff Hardy's part. If Hardy wasn't in any shape to wrestle, why not change the match? Hogan and Bischoff are seriously killing TNA right before our eyes. This is the new "fingerpoke of doom". I really think TNA's death will be worse than WCWs.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sort of looks like a work at the start of it, probably what TNA is going toplay it off as anyway. Would be stupid even if it was, because you just ripped off the 135 people who ordered it.

Sting at then ends looks like he realized he could've been at Wrestlemania in a marquee match, but now he is stuck in 5 second squash matches with a junkie.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Hardy's a piece of shit. Did a great no-sell job on Sting and looked absent throughout the entire match (all 90 seconds of it). Makes you wonder why he has so many blind followers.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What a waste of money to those who paid for it, I feel bad for everyone that did. That mainevent finish was horrible and will hopefully hurt them, they don't deserve any luck after what they did. They could easily have changed the match to Sting vs Anderson vs RVD, the two wrestlers who wrestled for the number one contender spot, and just pulled Hardy from the match when they saw that he was in no condition to perform.

Like you said deezy, Sting could have wrestled at WrestleMania in front of 50k+ people, 1 million PPV buys and would have had an actual match.