TNA: Resurgence

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
T9b2gDL.png

February 10, 2016
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center - New York, NY

The TNA theme song plays throughout the arena. The theme continues as the cameras pan across the excited New York crowd. They cheer as we head to the announcers’ booth located to the side of the stage.

Josh Mathews: Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to what is probably our biggest episode of TNA Impact to date. What do you think Pope?

The Pope: The Pope hears you Josh. Tonight we have the action packed in from bell to bell.

Josh Mathews: Action is right! Tonight, live on Impact we will see the TNA Knockout’s champion, AJ Lee, will defend her title against Brooke. Not only that, but we will also be naming a new number one contender for the TNA World Heavyweight championship.

The Pope: All of this action gets me excited Josh, but nothing gets me more excited than X Division action.

Josh Mathews: Well you’re not going to have to put it off much longer, as we are set for X Division action right now!

Cage vs. Rockstar Spud w/ Mandrews

Although this was a quick match, Spud gave Cage the most competition he’s seen since joining the roster. The crowd got behind Spud as he started to gain a little momentum, but Cage ultimately won the match with a Drill Claw.

As the bell rings, the ref goes to raise Cage’s hand, but he quickly yanks his arm away. Mandrews climbs into the ring to aide his friend, only to be hoisted into the air by Cage.

Tigre Uno comes running to the ring. Cage drops Mandrews who quickly rolls out of the ring and pulls his partner out with him. Tigre Uno slides into the ring and stands face to face Cage. Cage takes a step towards the X Division champion. Tigre Uno stands tall in the face of Cage. The crowd continues to cheer at the anticipation of a fight between the two.

Kenny King makes his way out on the stage with a microphone in hand.

Kenny King: Woah, woah, woah! It looks like we are going to see some action between you two. But I suggest that you two wait.

The crowd boos

Kenny King: If you all would let me continue…. I just got off the phone with Dixie Carter herself, and it appears that we have our first match set for Lockdown. I have word that at Lockdown it will be Tigre Uno vs Cage for the X Division Championship.

The crowd cheers

Kenny King: I know, I thought that too. Then I was like, wait one minute. What about the [HASHTAG]#KingoftheNight[/HASHTAG], Kenny King. I was the one who was screwed out of his X Division Championship shot at Genesis. I am deserving of a shot at my title. And apparently, I’m not the only one that thinks that. In fact, Dixie says that if I can beat both of you in singles matches, I will be added to the match at Lockdown. So I hope you’re ready, because next week one of you will fall to the King.

Kenny King drops the mic and heads backstage. Back in the ring, Cage and Tigre turn their attentions back to each other. Cage smirks as he backs up and exits the ring, heading up the ramp. Tigre Uno lifts the TNA X Division Championship high in the air as they continue their stare down.

Josh Mathews: Exciting news for the X Division.

The Pope: You know that Pope is excited for these matches.

Josh Mathews: How could you not be? And we are guaranteed one of these amazing matches next week.

Josh Mathews: And it looks like we are being joined for our next match by the TNA Tag Team Champions, Bram and Eric Young. How are you guys doing tonight?

Bram: Like you care! Like anyone cares. As we worked our asses off to earn these championships, nobody cared. You Josh, as well as all the pathetic people at home booed us, you waited for us lose. And now, you are sitting here trying to suck up to us as champs.

Josh Mathews: I wasn’t…

Eric Young: You weren’t what, Josh? You should do yourself a favor and just shut your mouth, shut your mouth right now. You say one more word and I will break your freakin’ neck, just like I did to that crippling old man, Kurt Angle.

The Pope: So what brings you fine gentlemen out here?

Eric Young: Thanks for asking Pope! We are out here to scout the competition.

Bram: Although, it doesn’t matter who wins this tournament because they are going to end up with the same fate. There is no one that can even stand in the same ring as us, let along beat us.

The Pope: Well, as it seems Josh is at a loss for words, I will send us into our first tag team match of the night.

Brian Myers and Trevor Lee vs. The BroMans
TNA Tag Team Number One Contender Tournament

Although it wasn’t the shortest match of the night, it was a relatively quick match filled with decent action. Myers and Lee looked strong in the match, but the BroMans ultimately picked up the win when DJ Z hits Myers with a springboard tornado DDT.

The BroMans celebrate their win in the ring and Bram and Eric Young get up from the commentary booth and they head down the ramp to the ring. The BroMans stand tall as they face the champions who are outside of the ring. The champs circle the ring and then jump up on the apron. They hoist their TNA Tag Team Champions into the air, taunting their possible opponents. The BroMans go to attack them, but Bram and Young jump down off the apron and make their way up the ramp. They stand on the stage with a smirk on their face as they continue to taunt The BroMans.

cwp2waA.png

AJ Lee vs. Brooke

TNA Knockout’s Championship

There was great Knockout’s action between these two competitors. The match between the two, which is the best that they have had, saw Brooke take control early. However, AJ Lee came out on top after Brooke tapped out to the Black Widow.

AJ Lee gets her hand hoisted into the air as she celebrates her successful title defense. Jeremey Borash announces her win as another worker hands her the TNA Knockout’s championship. She continues her celebration as we shift over to the announcers’ booth.

The Pope: What an amazing match from the Knockouts!

Josh Mathews: This just proved that TNA is the place to be for women’s wrestling.

The Pope: No doubt Josh! The only question I have is what is next for the champion, AJ Lee?

Josh Mathews: Well, we are going to have to wait and see! But what we won’t have to wait for is EC3’s thoughts on the main event tonight, as we have an exclusive interview right now!

We cut back to EC3, who is sitting in a backstage office (presumably his Aunt Dixie’s). He has the TNA World Heavyweight Championship sitting on the desk in front of him. The audio cuts in.

EC3: Are you seriously asking me this? No, I don’t give a damn who wins tonight! All I see in that ring is three losers and one loyal partner. And those three men who are facing my man, Tyrus, they mean nothing to me. I ran through each and every one of them on the way to the top, on the way to winning my TNA World Heavyweight Championship. And you want to know something else, not one, not a single one was able to pin me. Not one was able to make me submit. So, do I care who wins tonight? No, I don’t. Does that answer your idiotic question? ...Then get the hell out of my office!

Bad Influence vs. reDRagon

Both of these teams had a great amount of chemistry which led to an amazing matchup. Both of the teams had a chance to take control of the match. The end came when reDRagon hit Kazarian with Chasing the Dragon after a distraction by Dolph Ziggler.

Team reDRagon quickly roll out of the ring to avoid their angry opponents. reDRagon make their way up the ramp and join Dolph Ziggler. Dolph Ziggler’s music hits again as he celebrates with the victors. Christopher Daniels helps Kazarian up as they have a stare down with Ziggler.

4HJcYMA.png

Mr. Anderson vs. Tyrus vs. Bobby Roode vs. Lashley

Number One Contender Match

This was a back and forth match between all four competitors with several near falls. Toward the end of the match, Roode took control as the action spilled to the outside of the ring. As Roode and Lashley fought on the outside, Anderson took out Tyrus in the ring. Roode finished off Lahsley as Anderson hits Tyrus with a Mic Check. As Roode goes to break up the pin, a masked man attacks him and Mr. Anderson gets the win.

The ref raises Mr. Anderson’s arm as the new number one contender celebrates his win. He slowly makes his way up the ramp and backstage. Meanwhile, Bobby Roode continues his fight with the masked man on the outside of the ring. Bobby Roode takes control of their brawl and sends the masked man into the steel steps. Roode hoists him up for a Roode Bomb, but the masked man fights out.

Roode misses with a wild swing, and the man counters with a backbreaker. He then sends Roode flying into the barricade. He reaches under the ring and pulls out a steel chair. The man under the mask taunts the crowd with chair before letting go on Roode. He lays shot after shot relentlessly into Roode until Roode is left lifeless laying on the ground.

The man drops the chair on Roode’s body and hops the barricade. The crowd boos him as he makes his way out of the arena. The camera flips over to Roode who is still down at ringside. The camera fades out as we end Impact.

What are your overall thoughts on the show?
What was your favorite part?
What was your least favorite part?
Will Kenny King fight his way into the X Division match at Lockdown?

Last edited:

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
kAImHXh.png

4 weeks away!

Confirmed matches
-TNA World Heavyweight Championship - EC3 (c) vs Mr. Anderson
-X Division Championship - Tigre Uno (c) vs Cage

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
7keTSwK.png

Here is the updated bracket for the TNA World Tag Team Championship Number One Contender Tournament.

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Here is the weekly Impact Top 5 for week 7.
hRigc4h.png

1. Mr. Anderson
2. Dolph Ziggler
3. Lashley
4. Bobby Roode
5. Cage

Last edited:

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Preview for Impact

7keTSwK.png

ovNuNR1.png

8ceVsJk.png

TNA Impact airs live this Wednesday with yet another exciting night. We continue our exiting tag team action as we continue our tournament with two exciting match ups. First, the BroMans taking on the Hardy's. Next, we have ROH's reDRagon returning to take on one of TNA's most talented tag teams in the Wolves. We also have exciting X Division action as we start the best of five series between Manik and Sanada. Who will be able to pick up the very important first win in the series? If that's not exciting enough, we will also have Dolph Ziggler taking on the Destroyer, Bobby Lashley. And to top all of this action off, we have a contract signing between the new number one contender Mr. Anderson and the TNA World Heavyweight Champion EC3.

Make sure to tune into TNA Impact for the best wrestling action on TV!

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
T9b2gDL.png

February 17, 2016

We start off with the TNA intro video. The camera pans across the crowd as the TNA theme blasts across the arena. The crowd continues to cheer as we head to the announcers booth.

Josh Mathews: Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the number one product for pro wrestling, TNA Impact. I am Josh Mathews alongside my broadcast partner The Pope. How’s it going Pope?

The Pope: It is going great Josh. After a great night of action last week, I can’t wait to see what’s in store for this week.

Josh Mathews: Well, we have plenty in store for this week. We have X Division action, we have Knockout’s action, and we have tag team actions. You get a little bit of everything when you tune into Impact live on MTV.

The Pope: We all know that Pope loves him some X Division action, but I am super excited to see who will be in the finals of the Tag Team tournament.

Josh Mathews: No doubt that we will have some exciting tag matches here tonight as we have some of the hottest tag teams in pro wrestling competing here in TNA.

The Pope: And you know I can dig that.

Josh Mathews: We will have a chance to discuss this a little more later tonight, as for right now, we are shifting over to the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Last week, Mr. Anderson won the four way match to become the new number one contender for EC3’s championship. We are set to have a contract signing tonight, and I have just gotten word that it will happen right now.

We head to the ring where Jeremy Borash is standing next to a table.

Jeremy Borash: Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight we will have a contract signing for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship match at Lockdown. Introducing first, the challenger, Mr. Anderson.

Mr. Anderson makes his way out to the stage. He looks around at the crowd as they cheer him on. He slowly raises his hand to the sky as a microphone drops from the rafters.

Mr. Anderson: Hailing from GREEN BAY, WISCONSIN.

The crowd yells along with him.

Mr. Anderson: He is your number one contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, MR. ANDERSON……….Anderson!

He makes his way down the ramp and into the ring. He plays to the crowd before taking his seat at the table in the middle of the room.

Jeremy Borash: And your TNA World Heavyweight Champion, Ethan Carter the Third, EC3.

EC3 makes his entrance with the TNA Wold Heavyweight Championship, looking as arrogant as ever. Tyrus, who is walking at his side, parts the ropes for the champion to enter the ring. EC3 smirks at Anderson before taking his seat across from him at the table.

Mr. Anderson: Well, being that I’m an asshole, I’ll just skip over you and start myself.

EC3: Woah, woah, woah!

Mr. Anderson: Don’t you dare interrupt me! You may be the World Heavyweight Champion, but make no mistake. You are below me in every single way. I’ve been fighting since day one, and I have earned everything that I have ever gotten. And it pisses me off that someone like you gets everything you want in life handed to you due to your last name.

EC3: Handed to me? You must have hit your head too hard last time I hit the One Percenter, because as I recall, I pinned you in this very ring to become number one contender. And then I single handedly took down The Olympic Gold Medalist, Kurt Angle, to win my championship. So you can make up any excuses that you want, but the reality is that no matter how hard you try you will never be as good as me.

“You can't wrestle” chants ring out throughout the Impact Zone.

EC3: Go ahead, chant that all you want! It doesn’t bother me, you know why? Because that is your opinion, and your opinion doesn’t mean a damn. You know what does mean a damn? Facts, and I’m about to throw some facts out there for you. When, that’ right when I win my match at Lockdown, I will become the longest reigning World Heavyweight Champion in TNA history. And I can guarantee that I will win as I have been unpinned and unsubmitted since I stepped foot in this ring. I have beaten superstars, legends, and icons, and I have beaten you Anderson, and I sure as hell will do it again.

EC3 grabs the pen and signs the contract.

Mr. Anderson: I guess it’s my turn to spew out some facts for you. You may be undefeated, and I commend you for that, or I commend your lackey for that. But here’s the cold hard truth. Every good thing comes to end, which means bad news for you. So my advice to you is to enjoy your title as long as you can, because come Lockdown, I’m leaving with your streak and my title!

Mr. Anderson grabs the pen from EC3’s hand and scribbles his name on the contract. He shoves the contract to Borash.

EC3: Now’s about the time where I usually flip this table over and I beat the living hell out of you, but I’m not going to do that. We all know that I don’t need to that. I have already won this match at Lockdown.

EC3 drops his microphone and Tyrus follows him out of the ring. He turns around on the stage. In the ring, Mr. Anderson flips the table and waves for EC3 to come back to the ring. EC3 smirks as he hold the TNA World Heavyweight Championship high in the air.

Mr. Anderson: We all knew that you were a whiney bitch, but now we know that you’re a scared bitch too.

EC3 looks upset at the comment. He hands the championship to Tyrus and removes his suit jacket. He makes his way back to the ring and hops up on the apron. Mr. Anderson prepares himself for a brawl. EC3 is about to enter the ring, when he smirks and hops off the apron. He begins yelling, “I don’t need this” as the crowd boos him on his way backstage.

AJ Lee vs. Angelina Love

Angelina Love started out the match in control, and she kept control for a few minutes before AJ Lee tipped the momentum in her favor. After a few minutes of back and forth action, AJ Lee was able to pick up the win with the Black Widow.

AJ Lee: Before I came to TNA, it is easy to say that I was never able to become as big as I could have been. I pushed the limits, I shattered the glass ceilings, I made my way through every single Diva. And you know what?

The crowd chant, “What?”

AJ Lee: I got bored. I was wasted. I was tired of going out there and giving my all without a single bit of competition. So you know what I did?

“What?” from the crowd

AJ Lee: I left! If they want to push their reality princesses instead of their true talent, then there was no need for me to be there. And after a short while, TNA reached out to me. If I was going to come out of retirement, I was going to need somewhere for me to compete. And what better place to compete than in the greatest women’s division on the planet.

The crowd pops.

AJ Lee: But I noticed that I was quickly making my way through every single thing women that this division has to offer. I made my presence known and I became the Knockout’s champion in less than a month. So now I’m forced to ask myself, what’s next? Now that I have proven that I am better than every single women in the back, I have no more competition left. I have nobody to step up and…

Awesome Kong makes her way out on the stage to a huge pop. She marches her way down the ramp down to the ring. She pulls herself up on the apron as she stares down a silent AJ Lee in the ring. She makes her way between the ropes and into the ring with the champion. She stands face to face with AJ Lee.

The crowd begins to chant, “This is Awesome!”

Awesome Kong breaks her stare and turns her attention to the Knockout’s Championship in AJ Lee’s hand. AJ Lee hoists the championship into the air as Kong’s gaze follows it. All of a sudden Kong drops the champion with a kick to the gut. She then leaves the champion lying down in the ring after and Awesome Bomb. She hold the Knockout’s Championship high in the air. She lays the belt on top of AJ Lee as she makes her way backstage.

The Hardy’s vs. The BroMans

The BroMan’s were very impressive in the way they were able to hold their own against a team whose chemistry is almost unmatched. Although both Robbie E and DJ Z put up a good showing, the Hardy’s ended up coming out on top and advancing in the TNA Tag Team Tournament.

4HJcYMA.png

Sanada vs. Manik
Best of Five Series

This was the first match in the best of five series. Both men had a chance to take control of the momentum of the match. This match had all the qualities that are expected of an X Division match. The end came when Manik got the pin off of a frog splash.

p8vuFlO.png

Dolph Ziggler vs. Lashley

The crowd was extremely hot during this exciting matchup as they cheered on both men (although it appears that Ziggler has a bigger following). Lashley started off in control of the match, but Ziggler had his chance to take control. Lashley picked up the win with a spear after Christopher Daniel’s music caused a distraction.

Lashley celebrates his win as he rolls out of the ring. Ziggler lays disappointed in the middle of the ring, realizing what just happened. He wipes his face and makes his way to his feet. He screams for Christopher Daniels to come down to the ring. After a few seconds Ziggler grabs a mic.

Dolph Ziggler: Daniels…..Daniels, I know you and your buddy are backstage somewhere, so why don’t you make your way down that ramp and step into this ring with me.

Ziggler drops the mic and waits. The crowd chants, “Let’s go Ziggler!” as Ziggler waits for someone to come out. After a short period of time Ziggler ends up leaving do to no one responding.

The Wolves vs. reDRagon

This was one of the best tag team matches in recent memory. These two teams tore the house down in the longest match of the night. The end came when The Wolves hit The Force of Nature on Bobby Fish to advance in the tournament.

Bobby Roode comes out to a decent pop and wastes no time making his way to the ring. He grabs the mic that the ring assistant is handing him and begins to pace back and forth in the middle of the ring.

Bobby Roode: Last week….last week I came this close to becoming the number one contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, something that I deserve after being screwed out of my title shot at Genesis. Now I’m a fighter, so I’m okay with earning my spot, but what I’m not okay with is some masked man costing me my victory.

Boos ring out from the crowd.

Bobby Roode: And I just want you to know that you have pissed me off. The only thing, the only thing on my mind is kicking your ass! So I demand that you get out here and face me in this ring.

Bobby Roode waits a few moments with no response.

Bobby Roode: I’m not screwin’ around. I know you’re here, and I know your listening, so get your…

The masked man slides into the ring and hits Roode in the back with a steel chair. As Roode turns to face the unknown man, he is met with a shot to the head, dropping him to the mat. The masked man begins laying chair shot after chair shot onto Roode, who is left helpless in the ring. Massive heat from the crowd as the masked man pulls Roode to his feet. He hoists him up….Brainbuster!

The mystery man stands tall over Roode as he slowly reaches for his mask. He pulls it off to reveal his identity to be Austin Aries. The camera cuts off as we see Aries grins as he stares as Roode, lifeless in the ring.

What's your thoughts on the show?

Last edited:

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Preview for Xplosion

tKXDuhS.png

5vSE0GI.png

p8vuFlO.png

TNA Xplosion returns for another week of exciting action. 2 weeks ago on Xplosion, The Dollhouse stated that they would allow any Knockout to come out and face any member of The Dollhouse. It's now been made official as The Dollhouse will be issuing a open challenge to start off the show. We then have Alex Koslov returning to action for the first time since Genesis when he faces Mandrews. The final match that has been announced for Xplosion is Kenny King vs Tigre Uno. If Kenny King wins this match, he is one step closer to being added to the X Division Championship match at Lockdown.

Make sure you don't miss any of this action!

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
0sWztmG.png

February 19, 2016

A short show intro plays as we transfer to the announcers who welcome us to the show. They remind the audience that if Kenny King is successful in defeating Tigre Uno tonight and Cage in the future, that he will be added to the X Division match at Lockdown. They give us a quick preview of the action that will happen this evening before the Dollhouse makes their entrance.

The Dollhouse make their way to the ring. Jade grabs a microphone before heading into the ring. She hands the microphone to Taryn Terrell.

Taryn Terrell: YES! YES! YES! The moment that you have all been waiting for. You get to see the most must see women on TV. Those women aren’t some divas on a reality show (;)), no, they are the ladies that you see in action each and every week. They are the Knockout’s. And now you get to see the best of the best with The Dollhouse.

Mixed reaction from the crowd.

Taryn Terrell: And being the best means that we have a target on our back. It’s The Dollhouse versus the world.

Marti Bell grabs the microphone.

Marti Bell: And tonight, you’ll get to see anyone, and I mean anyone, who wants to challenge the Dollhouse. So get out here!

Havok makes her entrance. She makes her way to the ring and quickly jerks her head to the side to glare at The Dollhouse. The Dollhouse stand in fear as they shuffle around, arguing over who is going to face her.

Havok vs Jade w/ The Dollhouse

This was a solid match to start off the night. Jade was able to get in a decent amount of action which kept this from being a squash match. Havok ultimately picked up the win with the KO Killer.

Marti Bell quickly grabs Jade out of the ring. Taryn Terrell and Marti Bell help Jade up the ramp as we see Havok shoot them a glare. Havok stands in the ring, celebrating her win in solitude.

Alex Koslov vs Mandrews

A short back and forth match between the two. Alex Koslov ended up picking up the win when Mandrews tapped out to the Red Scare II.

Alex Koslov rolls out of the ring and taunts some fans as he celebrates his win. The crowd begins to chant “USA!” which only seems to motivate the Russian even more. He continues to taunt individual fans as he makes his way back up the ramp.

Bram and Eric Young vs Micah and Eli Drake

Decent back and forth action made up this match with the momentum leaning toward the champions. Eli Drake looked to be taking control near the end, only to be hit with The Fall of Man from Bram.

Bram and Eric Young celebrate their win over Eli Drake and Micah. Eric Young yells at his partner to pick up Eli Drake. Bram hoists him up before throwing him over Eric Young’s shoulder. He positions him and plants him with a piledriver in the middle of the ring.

biMNfIA.png

The number one contender for the TNA Tag Team Championship will be determined on Impact next week. This team will then go on to face Bram and Eric Young at Lockdown inside six sides of steel.

Mike Tenay catches up to the Tag Team Champions, who both seem to be having individual conversations with themselves.

Mike Tenay: Excuse me gentlemen! If I could have a moment of your time.

Eric Young stops mumbling to himself and turns to Mike Tenay.

Eric Young: Let me guess Mike, you want to know what I think. What do I think about my match out there, what do I think about my match at Lockdown, what do I think about the number one contender’s match on Impact.

Mike Tenay: Well I…

Bram: Well I’m going to let you in on a little secret, HE DOESN’T THINK!

Eric Young turns angrily toward his partner. He starts mumbling to himself again before turning back to Mike Tenay.

Eric Young: I’ll tell you the real secret.

He motions to Mike Tenay to lean in, and he complies.

Eric Young: I LIKE TO HURT PEOPLE!

Mike Tenay jerks back as Eric Young scream into his ear. Both Bram and Eric Young start laughing.

Eric Young: I couldn’t give a damn if I go to lockdown and lose, but I will assure you that I will break someone’s neck. I will drive their skull into the mat, just like I did to Eli Drake and just like I did to Kurt Angle. Whichever team gets to face us at Lockdown, I guarantee I’ll break their freakin’ neck!

Eric Young runs into Mike Tenay on his way out, slamming him into the wall. Bram pulls Mike Tenay back up by his suit jacket. He slaps him on the back and laughs as he walks off.

Kenny King vs Tigre Uno

Easily the match of the night. Kenny King and Tigre Uno left their all in the ring. Kenny King took control late and kept it for the remainder of the match. However, King picked up the win after hitting the X Division Champion with the Royal Flush.

Kenny King celebrates over the X Division Champion. He starts taunting to the crowd.

The Pope: He’s done it! Kenny King has beat the X Division Champion!

Josh Mathews: Now in normal circumstances, this would put him in line for a title shot, but Kenny King has one more obstacle in his way.

The Pope: Oh man, that’s not just any obstacle, it’s the monster Cage!

Cage makes his way onto the stage and locks eyes with King. He slowly makes his way to the ring. After entering the ring, he stands face to face with King. He reaches down and picks up Tigre Uno and plants him with the Drill Claw. He then stands across the ring from Kenny King.

Kenny King: Let’s do this!

He motions for Cage to fight. Cage smirks at King and then exits the ring and back up the ramp. The show ends with Kenny King still standing tall in the ring.

What are your thoughts on the show?
Who do you think will be the number one contenders for the Tag Team Championships after next weeks episode of TNA Impact?

Last edited:

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Here is the weekly Impact Top 5 for week 8.
hRigc4h.png

1. Mr. Anderson
2. Austin Aries
3. Dolph Ziggler
4. Christopher Daniels
5. Cage

Last edited:

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Preview for Impact

nAytfdQ.png

RQFJUPu.png

kn3QOSb.png

Live this Wednesday, TNA Impact airs an another action packed night. First, we have Christopher Daniels and Kazarian who are set to call out Dolph Ziggler. We are not sure on what will happen, but it usually ends in a brawl when these three men are in the ring. We also conclude our tag team tournament. Will it be the Hardy's or the Wolves who walk out with an opportunity to face Bram and Eric Young at Lockdown? Finally, after revealing himself as Bobby Roodes attacker last week, Austin Aries gets an opportunity to speak. What can the form World Heavyweight Champion say to justify his actions? All of this an more on the next episode of TNA Impact!

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
T9b2gDL.png

February 24, 2016

The broadcast starts with the intro video. The camera pans across the crowd as the TNA theme blasts across the arena. The crowd continues to cheer as we head to the announcers’ booth.

Josh Mathews: Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to pro wrestling’s hottest product, TNA Impact. I am Josh Mathews alongside my broadcast partner The Pope.

The Pope: Thanks for the intro Josh! The Pope is excited for what we have set for tonight.

Josh Mathews: Well, there is plenty to look forward to. We have finals of the Tag Team Tournament, we have Christopher Daniels and Kazarian set to call out Dolph Ziggler, and we have Austin Aries set to explain his actions from these last couple of weeks.

The Pope: I can’t wait to see what that backstabber Austin Aries has to say.

Josh Mathews: I’m sure A double has a perfectly good explanation, but we will hear more of that later on tonight. As for now, we are being joined by the number one contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, Mr. Anderson.

After doing his signature entrance, Mr. Anderson makes his way to the ring.

Mr. Anderson: Well, well, well….New York.

A cheap pop from the audience.

Mr. Anderson: How are my assholes doing tonight?

A smaller pop from the audience

Mr. Anderson: Well I’ll tell you, I’m doing pretty damn good myself. I found out earlier today that I will get to choose the opponent for EC3 tonight.

More cheers from the audience.

Mr. Anderson: Yeah, yeah, exciting stuff! I thought to myself, who can I choose that will challenge a man who has been given everything? A man who has yet to be pinned here in TNA. So I thought and I thought, and I decided to choose someone that EC3 has fought before. Someone who came within inches of beating him. Among these are Icons and Olympic Gold Metalists and ultimately decided on…

EC3, after interrupting Mr. Anderson, makes his way to the ring.

EC3: Woah, woah, woah, I’m going to stop you right there. Nobody cares who you choose, because in the end, we all know that I will be walking out as the winner.

Mixed reaction from the crowd.

EC3: What you may not know is that I also get to choose your opponent tonight, and your match just happens to be right now. The person that I chose to face you may seem a little unexpected, but no one says no the Champ. So your opponent is…

EC3 motions toward the entrance way. Mr. Anderson stares intently, waiting for his opponent to appear. From behind, Tyrus attacks Mr. Anderson. EC3 gets out of the room and heads backstage as the referee starts the match.

Mr. Anderson vs. Tyrus

Tyrus looked strong during the match, but since EC3 left before the start of the match, he was all alone. Tyrus controlled the first half of the match until Mr. Anderson reversed the Tongan Death Grip attempt. Mr. Anderson ended up picking up the win after a Mic Check.

Christopher Daniels makes his way out onto the stage to a decent amount of heat. Kazarian makes his way out shortly after and they both make their way down the ramp. They quickly roll into the ring and Kazarian gets a microphone from the ringside crew.

Christopher Daniels: At Genesis, I did what was needed to be done. I brought in my friend, and we took out Dolph Ziggler. And yet he came back. He cost us our chance at being champions. Now, I thought I knocked some sense into him when I hit him over the head with a steel chair, but I guess it wasn’t enough. So Ziggler, get your ass out here!

A “We want Ziggler” chant starts in the audience.

Dolph Ziggler comes out to a huge ovation. He motions for his music to be cut as he begins speaking.

Dolph Ziggler: Do you guys think that I give up that easily? I have been held down my whole career. Whether it be someone backstage, or some jackass like the two of you, someone hasn’t wanted me to be on top. But no matter how much they put in front of me, they realized that I’m a fighter. I will come out here and leave it all in the ring, because that’s what I do! I don’t care if you bring one or two or ten of your friends, I will get in that ring and I will look damn good doing it. So if you want me fight you, then let’s go!

Dolph Ziggler finally enters the ring. As soon as he steps in, he jumps on Christopher Daniels and begins laying blow after blow on the Fallen Angel. Kazarian is able to pull Ziggler off, but Ziggler comes back and sends Kazarian to the mat with a dropkick.

From behind, Daniels hits a backstabber on Ziggler. Kazarian is back up and he and Daniels begin double teaming Ziggler. Ziggler is helpless as the numbers games has caught up to him. The crowd boos as the two continue their assault.

Drew Galloway gets a good pop as he comes running down the ramp. He slides into the ring and begins exchanging blows with Kazarian. Galloway ends up getting the better of the exchange and sends Daniel’s partner flying over the top rope. Christopher Daniels now turns to Galloway who grabs him and sets up for a Futureshock DDT. Daniels is able to break out and quickly escape the ring.

Christopher Daniels and Kazarian retreat up the ramp as Drew Galloway helps Ziggler up. Drew Galloway stares down Daniels and Kazarian as Ziggler recovers from the attack.

Awesome Kong vs. Madison Rayne

This match started off as a one sided bout with Awesome Kong controlling. At one point, Awesome Kong was distracted by AJ Lee’s music. Kong angrily chokeslams Madison Rayne in the middle of the ring. AJ’s music plays again and Kong makes rushes to the back seeking out the champion. Madison Rayne ended up winning via countout.

We cut to a backstage area were Awesome Kong comes crashing into the frame.

Awesome Kong: Where is she?

She stumbles around, leaving a path of destruction behind her. She grabs a backstage worker and lifts pins him against the wall.

Awesome Kong: Where is she? Where is AJ?

Backstage Worker: I don’t know…

Awesome Kong: Don’t lie to me!

Backstage Worker: No, I swear. I haven’t seen her.

Kong tosses the man to the side and continues her rampage down the hallway.

Kenny King makes his way to the ring to a small mixed reaction. He enters the ring with a microphone.

Kenny King: Next week I get my opportunity to right a wrong that was set in the X Division. At Genesis, I was set to win the TNA X Division Championship before that meathead Cage came out and cost me that match. Cage, I get the chance to finally get my hands on you. And you, you get the chance to see what the [HASHTAG]#KingOfTheNight[/HASHTAG] is made of.

The crowd silences as Cage makes his way to the ring. Kenny King remains still in the ring as Cage enters. Cage moves in close and stands face to face with Kenny King. King pushes his way closer, matching his face to Cages.

The TNA X Division Champion comes out on the stage to a decently sized pop. He stands on the stage with the X Division Championship held high.

Josh Mathews: That’s what it’s all about. That’s where this feud started. And at Lock Down, that title will be defended inside six sides of steel.

Kenny King grabs Cage into a fireman’s carry and appears to setting up for the Royal Flush. Cage quickly fights out, and Kenny King rolls out of the ring before Cage can retaliate.

Sanada vs. Manik

Best of Five Series

This was the second match in the best of five series. Unlike their first matchup, Sanada showed his more aggressive side and ended up controlling a majority of the match. The end came when Sanada got the pin off of a Superkick to a kneeling Manik.

Austin Aries walks out onto the stage to a chorus of boos. A slight smirk appears on his face before he makes his way down the ramp to the ring. He enters the ring as a Jeremy Borash hands him a microphone.

Austin Aries: Last week….

The crowd’s boos overpower him, causing him to pause.

Austin Aries: Last week I revealed myself as the man who has been attacking Bobby Roode. And all week I have been getting emails and tweets. My own mother texted me “Why Austin?” So I decided that I would come out here and explain myself.

He readjusts his sunglasses before continuing on.

Austin Aries: So the question is why. Why would I attack someone who is supposed to be my close friend? And the truth is, I don’t give a damn about Bobby Roode. I don’t give a damn about TNA, and I don’t give a damn about any of you people.

The crowd boos as Aries gets more heated.

Austin Aries: It’s true, I don’t care what any of you think of me. The only thing that I care about is Austin Aries. I am the “Greatest Man that Ever Lived” and I deserve to be champion. I deserve to be the face of this company. But apparently nobody believed that I was deserving of that role. They decided to push people like EC3 and Bobby Roode. But I kept playing the game. I played that game damn well, and TNA management continued to look over me for God knows what moronic reason.

Aries pauses for a moment to catch his breath.

Austin Aries: I had finally had enough of it, and I took my talents elsewhere, and I was treated well. They knew that Austin Aries is the Greatest Man that Ever Lived and deserved to be the face. And I was the face of every damn company that I stepped foot in. But a few weeks ago, I got a call from Jon Gaburick. And despite the behest of TNA President Dixie Carter, he and the rest of the board of directors decided to beg for me to come back. And when I say begged, I mean that they begged. They wanted me back so bad that they offered me a huge money contract, a guaranteed contract might I add. This means I can do whatever the hell I want. So I attacked Bobby Roode to make a point, but most of all, I attacked Bobby Roode because I can.

Aries thinks for a moment as the crowd boos once more.

Austin Aries: And you know what I’m going to do. Next week I am calling out Dixie Carter, and I am going to get what I want!

Aries drops the microphone and rolls out of the ring. He poses for the crowd one more time before walking backstage.

The Wolves vs. The Hardy’s

An exciting back and forth action showed why TNA is the place for tag team wrestling. Both teams looked very strong, but neither had the clear advantage in terms of team chemistry and in ring ability. The match was declared a no contest after the TNA Tag Team Champions, Bram and Eric Young, attacked both of the teams.

After the announcers declare the match a no contest, the tag team champions continue their assault. Eddie Edwards and Matt Hardy begin to fight back against the champions. However, their comeback is short lived as they are sent crashing to the floor at ringside. This left Jeff Hardy and Davey Richards in the ring. Bram and Eric Young each set up their finishers and hit The Brighter Side of Suffering and Piledriver simultaneously on the two men remain in the ring.

They kick the lifeless bodies out of the ring and celebrate. They hoist the TNA World Tag Team Championships into the air as the heat pours in from the crowd.

Josh Mathews: My God, Pope! Bram and Eric Young have left nothing but destruction here.

The Pope: No doubt Josh. They ruined a perfectly good match.

Josh Mathews: Well I’m sure they have their reasons for coming out here.

The Pope: Yeah, to cost both of these teams a chance to be number one contender.

1icMipL.png

Josh Mathews: We’ll figure out more on that front in the next coming weeks, but let’s transition over to next week. As we seen earlier, there is a lot of heat between Kenny King and Cage. And next week that comes to a head as we have Kenny king taking on Cage, and if King wins, he gets added to the X Division Championship match at Lock Down.

The Pope: I’ll rooting for Kenny King that’s for sure. That monster Cage needs to be stopped.

Josh Mathews: I believe he goes by “The Machine”.

The Pope: Monster, Machine, either way, the Pope ain’t havin’ it!

Josh Mathews: Here comes the World Heavyweight Champion, EC3.

The Pope: That means that it is main event time baby! The Pope can’t wait to see who Roode picked for EC3.

Josh Mathews: And it looks like EC3 will be going into this match without his right hand man, Tyrus.

EC3 vs. Lashley

Lashley looked strong in his match against the World Heavyweight Champion. Lashley pulled out a darker side which allowed him to take control several times throughout the match. This, however, was not enough to stop EC3 as he picked up the win after a One Percenter.

Tyrus forces Lashley’s body out of the ring as EC3 celebrates his victory over Lashley. The ref hands the TNA World Heavyweight Championship to EC3, which he rips out of the ref’s hands. EC3 holds the championship up to the crowd as the show goes off air.

What are your thoughts on the show?
Who do you think will win next week: Cage or Kenny King?
Who should be number one contenders for the TNA World Tag Team Championship?

Last edited:

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Februrary Viewership

Impact 2/03/16 – 1.29
Impact 2/10/16 – 1.27
Impact 2/17/16 – 1.20
Impact 2/24/16 – 1.38

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Here is the weekly Impact Top 5 for week 9.
hRigc4h.png

1. Austin Aries
2. Mr. Anderson
3. Christopher Daniels
4. Drew Galloway
5. Dolph Ziggler

Last edited:

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Preview for Impact

nWQNO3w.png
JgMaoaU.png
yONvIf4.png

Live this Wednesday, TNA Impact airs an another action packed night. First, we have Kenny King and Cage squaring off. If Kenny King wants to be involved in the X Division Championship match at Lockdown, he has one big obstacle in his way. After Aries explained his attack on Bobby Roode, he promised that he would call out Dixie Carter this week. What will the self proclaimed face of TNA have to say to the TNA President? Finally, after coming to the aid of Dolph Ziggler, it seems that Drew Galloway has come into Bad Influence's bad graces. Drew Galloway will go one on one with one half of Bad Influence, Kazarian. All of this and more on the next episode of TNA Impact!

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I took a little aside to plan out my shows after Lockdown. I'm almost done with that and then a new show should be out.

Only 3 more shows (2 Impacts and 1 Xplosion) before Lockdown. Make sure to catch up on any reading so that you can follow the storylines into the ppv. :)