TNA: Resurgence

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
T9b2gDL.png

January 20, 2016
Universal Studios - Orlando, Fl

The short TNA bumper video plays followed by the Impact intro. After a quick scan of the audience, we join Josh Mathews and The Pope in the announcing area.

Josh Mathews: Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the hottest product in professional wrestling, TNA Impact.

The Pope: And that's something that we have proved over the last couple of weeks, and something that we look to continue prove moving forward.

Josh Mathews: Well Pope, tonight's surely not gonna disappoint. We will see the Knockout's Champion Brooke in action for the first time since the reboot of TNA Impact.

The Pope: And you can't forget that both Bobby Roode and ECIII will meet in the ring tonight for a contract signing.

Josh Mathews: How could anyone forget? I've been waiting for this moment since it was announced earlier this week on TNAwrestling.com.

Christopher Daniels makes his way out into the impact zone. He receives massive heat from the crowd as he makes his way down the ramp and into the ring.

Christopher Daniels: All week I have received tweets, emails, text messages, even hand written letter, and they all have said the exact same thing. Why? Why did I do what I did last week? And I thought, I thought the answer was obvious. I have payed my dues in professional wrestling, and I have payed my dues in TNA. I have won championships, and I have headlined PPV's. I've done everything that was needed to be on top, and I've done everything to be the man, but I've never been able to be the TNA Heavyweight Champion. And then this guy just walks in to TNA, and he decides that he is deserving of a title shot. A title shot that I have dedicated my whole career to achieving, and he just walks in and is handed an opportunity.

Huge pop for the show off as he makes his way into the Impact Zone. He stands on the stage, near the top of the ramp, with a microphone in hand.

Dolph Ziggler: Sorry to interrupt your heartfelt speech, but I figured now was as good of time as any to come out here. You keep talking about this guy, and I realized that we haven't been introduced. My name is Dolph Ziggler, and I'm that guy. But I'm also the guy who has been to the top. I am a former two time world champion. I may not have been fighting in TNA my whole career, but I have proven myself in this industry.

Christopher Daniels: Proven yourself? You want to talk about proving yourself? I was leaving my blood, sweat, and tears in this very ring before you even started wrestling. You may have a lot of accomplishments in your career, but it doesn't mean that you earned any of them. I think that you are a sub par wrestler who rides the coattails of people who are better then you just to get an opportunity.

Dolph Ziggler nods his head and looks at the audience as they respond to Christopher Daniels comments.

Dolph Ziggler: I know you put a lot of effort into that aside there, but I don't give a damn about what you think about me. I am, however, upset about what transpired last week. You cost me my shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Championship because you are angry at yourself for not being quite good enough. But I will get my chance at redemption as the TNA Board of Directors have granted me a match against you...tonight.

Dolph Ziggler drops his microphone and leaves the Impact Zone as his music blasts throughout the arena.

Mandrews vs Alex Koslov

Alex Koslov made quick work of Mandrews. After a nearly one sided bout, Mandrews tapped out after Koslov was able to hit the Red Scare.

Alex Koslov demands a microphone. After ripping the mic out of Jeremy Borash's hand, he returns to his position standing tall above his fallen opponent.

Alex Koslov: Do you see? Do you see what I did?

Boos ring out from the audience.

Alex Koslov: I took this man, and I sacrificed him in the name of Russia. I stand tall over him, just as Russia stands tall over the rest of the world. And last week, I showed Russia's dominance of America by beating that pathetic man Chris Melendez. Speaking of which, if a man that you guys expect to protect your country can be defeated so easily, then that proves just how pathetic you Americans truly are.

Chris Melendez: Hold up one second. The way I see it is that last week, instead of fighting me man to man, you decided to attack before I could even enter the ring. So what do you say I come into that ring, and we talk face to face.

The crowd cheers as Melendez runs to the ring. However, Koslov doesn't give the veteran a chance as he rolls out of the ring as Melendez slides into it. Koslov shakes his head as he makes his way up the ramp.

Chris Melendez: You're just like a Russian, running away as soon as the Americans show up. But you know what? I'll let you run away today, because I just got word that at Genesis it'll be Chris Melendez versus Alex Koslov!

Chris Melendez drops the mic in the middle of the ring as he and Koslov exchange glances.

Brooke vs Marti Belle w/ Taryn Terrell and Jade

Brooke kept control for a majority of the match, however, Marti Belle was able to take control after a few distractions from the rest of the dollhouse. Marti Belle finally picked up the win after Brooke's Genesis opponent, AJ Lee, skipped to the ring for the distraction.

AJ Lee intercepts Jeremy Borash on his way to the ring, and grabs the TNA Knockout's Championship from him. She places the title on her shoulder and continues to skip around at ringside. Brooke uses the ropes to aide herself up as AJ Lee skips up the ramp. She poses with the belt once more and then sets it down on the stage before skipping backstage.

9AFjH7n.png

Kenny King vs DJ Z w/ Robbie E

This was a match that showed off the talent that the X Division offers. After several moments of back and forth and a few moments of hope for DJ Z, Kenny King picked up the victory after hitting the Royal Flush.

Kenny King kicks DJ Z out of the ring, and Robbie E helps him backstage. King makes his way onto the middle ropes to celebrate his victory.

Tigre Uno comes out onto the stage as the crowd shows their support of the Mexican luchadore. Tigre Uno removes the X Divsion Championship from his waist and raises it high into the air for everyone in the Impact Zone, and more importantly his opponent for Genesis, to see. Kenny King makes a motion toward his waste, signally that he is gunning for the X Division Championship.

The cameras cut to a backstage area, where TNA interviewer Mike Tenay is waiting with a microphone in hand.

Mike Tenay: Ladies and Gentlemen, my guest at this time... Mr. Anderson.

Mr. Anderson walks into the frame, and joins Tenay.

Mike Tenay: What are your thought on what happened between you and MVP last week?

Mr. Anderson: I am a loud mouth, everybody knows it. So when I don't have much to say, you know that I am really pissed. Last week, last week MVP showed exactly the kind of man that he is. Instead of facing me face to face, he sent in his little lackey to attack me from behind. MVP, you may think that you showed that your the bigger man, but all you really showed is that your balls are smaller than we all thought.

Mr. Anderson pushes the microphone back into Mike Tenay's chest and walks out. The camera shows Mike Tenay standing solitary before cutting back to the ring.

The Wolves come out to a decent pop. They make their way to ring and pose for the fans. They stand eagerly, waiting for their opponent.

Bram: Whoa, whoa, cut the music! I think we all know that I am pissed off. I am pissed off because you two have put off the beating that I am going to give you. You had to sent me on a hunt to find a tag team partner just so I could get a chance to lay my hands on you. And that wasn't easy. It wasn't easy finding someone who had my desire to rip through the competition. Someone who finds the pleasure in others' pain. But guess what! I found him.

Bram drops his mic onto the stage, and waits for a few seconds.

Eric Young comes out with the crazy look on his face that he has been known for. He joins Bram at the top of the ramp. They exchange a slight glance before making their way to the ring.

The Wolves vs Bram and Eric Young

The Wolves started off in control of this match which was expected from a team with so much experience. Bram and Eric Young were able to isolate Richards from his partner, and Bram won the match after hitting the Brighter Side of Suffering.

sjCFn8V.png

Josh Mathews: Well it's official, we are just under two weeks away from the first PPV of the year.

The Pope: And it's shaking up to be an exiting one at that. We have already confirmed that AJ Lee and Brooke will be facing off at Genesis, and earlier this evening Chris Melendez informed us that he will be facing Alex Koslov as well.

Josh Mathews: And we are about to add a third match into the mix. We are gonna head to the ring, where Jeremy Borash is waiting to begin the contract signing between EC3 and Bobby Roode.

We cut to the middle of the ring where Jeremy Borash is standing next to a table.

Jeremy Borash: Ladies and Gentlemen, the following is contract signing for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Introducing first, the champion, Ethan Carter the third, EC3.

EC3 makes his entrance with the TNA Wold Heavyweight Championship hanging on his shoulder. Following close behind, Tyrus parts the ropes as the champion enters the ring and grabs the microphone from Borash. The champ admires his championship before handing it to his larger counterpart. Tyrus hoists the title belt into the air as EC3 begins to speak.

EC3: I have done everything since I joined this company. I have faced superstars, legends, icon, Olympic gold medalists, and I have defeated them all. I have proved something that I've always known, and that you have always doubted, that EC3 is the best in professional wrestling.

You can't wrestle” chants ring out throughout the Impact Zone.

EC3: I can't wrestle? I CAN'T WRESTLE? Why don't you ask Kurt Angle if I can wrestle? How about Sting? That's right, all of these people, your idols, have all fallen before the great EC3.

Bobby Roode makes his way out with a microphone in hand.

Bobby Roode: Cut the music!

The crowd cheers for the challenger.

Bobby Roode: I was sitting in the back, twiddling my thumbs, waiting for Mr. Borash here to call my name. But a man can only take so much before he has no choice but to take care of it.

Bobby Roode enters the ring and stands on the opposite side of the table of EC3.

Bobby Roode: And EC3, I am surprised your teeth are so white considering the amount crap I've heard you spew out of your mouth here tonight. All I've heard about since you joined this company is how much better you are than everyone else. But as I recall, you are not the best. You are not the longest reigning champion in history are you? Do you know who that man is?

EC3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'll admit that you where able to hold the title for a remarkably long time with the little talent that you posses. There was just one problem with the your title reign, and that was that I, EC3, wasn't there. We all know that before EC3 arrived in TNA, the competition was weak. It wasn't until a true one percenter came in that everyone decided to step up their game.

Roode and EC3 move closer to each other, engaging in a face off.

Jeremy Borash: Alright gentlemen! I'm going to ask that you keep this civil and do what we need to do here. I would like to ask you both to sign the contract.

Bobby Roode grabs the contract and signs it quickly. EC3 then rips the contract out of Bobby Roodes hands. EC3 scribbles his name down on the clipboard.

Jeremy Borash: Thank you gentlemen.

Bobby Roode turns to leave the ring. EC3 throws the clipboard at Roode, and then Tyrus grabs the table and throws it on Roode. Roode charges at EC3, but is dropped by Tyrus. EC3 grabs his title and slithers out of the ring. Roode is able to make it back to his feet and dodge a few attacks from Tyrus. Roode grabs Tyrus and plants him in the ring with a Roode Bomb.

Bobby Roode locks eyes with the champ, who is now on stage. EC3 smirks as he hoists the TNA Heavyweight Championship into the air. Bobby Roode keeps his eyes locked on EC3 for a moment, and then turns his attention back to the big man who is down in the ring. He walks over to Tyrus, and begins to pick him up. He then pauses and drops the monster back to the mat. Roode walks to the corner and grabs the table. He drags the table to the center of the ring and positions it perfectly. He grabs Tyrus once again and sets him up. Roode Bomb through the table! Bobby Roode's music blasts throughout the Impact Zone as he makes his way to the back.

Now Available on TNAShop.com!

Ai1ZLue.png

Dolph Ziggler vs. Christopher Daniels

This match was a shorter match than expected. Fans who wanted to see a fair match between the two will have to wait, as Christopher Daniels ended up with the loss here via DQ. He made use of a steel chair during the match, which left the ref with no choice.

Christopher Daniels throws the chair down in middle of the ring and grabs Ziggler before he can roll out of the ring. He picks up Ziggler and positions him to hit the Angel's Wings onto the steel chair. The Fallen Angel leaves the ring with a grin on his face. The show ends with a shot of Zigglers lifeless body in the middle of the ring.

All comments are appreciated!

Kazzir

Jobber
Reaction score
So glad you're continuing this bubba <3

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Wrestlinginc.com said:
Is TNA at it again?
According to Dave Meltzer, several WWE superstars are nearing the end of the their contracts with WWE. These unamed talents have been presented with new WWE contracts, which they have yet to sign. This has no doubt caught the eye of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. We've had several reports that state that TNA has reached out to several of these talents in hopes of bringing them over to the TNA roster.

Dixie Carter, as well as several other members of the TNA board of directors, has been contacted about the reports. As of this morning, we have had no response. This means that all we are left to do is speculate on whether or not these rumors are indeed true, and if they are, who TNA could possibly be trying to contact. Leave your comments below.

We will update you as soon as we learn more on the situation.

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
hRigc4h.png

1. Bobby Roode
2. Christopher Daniels
3. Dolph Ziggler
4. Mr. Anderson
5. MVP

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
impact_wrestling_2015_logo.png

[fieldset=Matches]- The BDC, MVP and Kenny King, are back teaming with each other as they take on their respective Genesis opponents, Mr. Anderson and Tigre Uno.
- TNA Knockout's Champion, Brooke, will get a chance at redemption against Gail Kim after suffering a loss to her last week. Will she pick up the win, or will the Knockout's number one contender, AJ Lee, cost her another victory?
- TNA's newest Tag Team, Eric Young and Bram, will be in action against the BroMans, DJ Z and Robbie E. [/fieldset]
Genesis2013logo.png

[fieldset=Matches]- TNA World Heavyweight Championship - EC3 (c) vs Bobby Roode
- TNA X Division Championship - Tigre Uno (c) vs Kenny King
- TNA Tag Team Championships (vacant) - The Wolves vs Bram and Eric Young
- TNA Knockout's Championship - Brooke vs AJ Lee
- Chairs Match - Dolph Ziggler vs Christopher Daniels
- MVP vs Mr. Anderson
- Alex Koslov vs Chris Melendez [/fieldset]
pZQVTcH.png

[fieldset=Matches]TNA Xplosion is set to reboot in week following Genesis. The first match for the show has been set. The returning Manik will be in action against TNA's Japanese Star, The Great Sanada. Make sure to check out TNA's exciting new product, and stay tuned as more matches are announced. [/fieldset]

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
T9b2gDL.png

January 27, 2016

The TNA theme plays as the TNA intro video plays. The theme continues as the cameras pan across the Impact Zone. The crowd cheers as we head to the announcers booth located to the side of the stage.

Josh Mathews: Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the best product in professional wrestling, TNA Impact.

The Pope: There is a lot of doubt out there about how good our product is, but we have continued to prove that we are the top promotion.

Josh Mathews: Exactly Pope, since our reboot, we have set on a resurgence here in TNA. I don't think anyone can argue that we are heading for success.

The Pope: Well Josh, we have plenty of action in store for us tonight. We will the TNA Knockout's Champion get a rematch against Gail Kim.

Josh Mathews: Exactly, can she get redemption for the loss she suffered last week. She can definitely use all the momentum she can get as she defends her Knockout's Championship at Genesis against possibly her greatest opponent to date, AJ Lee.

The Pope: But that's not happening until later tonight.

Josh Mathews: Right now, we are set to hear from the number one contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, Bobby Roode.

Bobby Roode makes his way into the Impact Zone to a decent pop. The cheer slowly dies down as he makes his way into the ring.

Bobby Roode: It has been a while since I was the TNA World Heavyweight Champion. And back then I was good, damn good! I was able to become the longest reigning TNA World Heavyweight Champion in history, a title that I still hold today.

Cheers ring out from the crowd.

Bobby Roode: Now I am not saying that I was a perfect champion. I was cocky and arrogant, as a matter of fact, I was very similar to your current champion EC3.

A small “he can't wrestle” chants can be heard among the boos in the crowd.

Bobby Roode: But it was that arrogance that caused me to lose my championship. Its that same arrogance that will cause EC3 to lose his championship this Sunday at Genesis.

EC3 comes out into the Impact Zone, wearing the championship around his waste. Tyrus, who is following closely behind, hand EC3 a microphone.

EC3: I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you correctly. Did you just say that I will lose at Genesis? Do you know who I am? I am the only man in TNA who is unpinned and unsubmitted. I have beaten Icons, I have pinned Olympic Gold Medalists, and this Sunday, I am gonna do the same to you.

Bobby Roode: I used to think the exact same thing until one man, a man named Austin Aries...

We want Aries!” chants start up in the crowd.

Bobby Roode: A man named Austin Aries beat me. You may think that you are unbeatable, but I promise you that everyone loses sometime, and your time is coming.

EC3: I think I understand what you're saying. You are admitting that you are as pathetic as I always thought you were. You're out here trying to prove to me that your an actual competition to me by telling me about how you lost to some loser nobody in Austin Aries.

The crowd boos as EC3 continues talking.

EC3: If you really want to give me even a slight reason to show up on Sunday, you might want to start by beating you opponent of my tonight....TYRUS!

EC3 pats Tyrus on the back before heading backstage before the bell is rung.

Bobby Roode vs Tyrus

This was an evenly balanced match, with neither man getting a major edge over the other. The end of the match came when Bobby Roode turned a chokeslam attempt into a Roode Bomb.

Chris Melendez makes his way out to a small, but decent pop. He grabs a microphone before heading into a ring.

Chris Melendez: Since Alex Koslov joined this company, he has ran his mouth about how much better Russia is than America. But I have one big problem with that, he has yet to prove that he is better than anyone. The only thing that he has been able to do is show that he is the best at acting like a bitch!

Small pop in the crowd.

Chris Melendez: Instead of facing me like a man, Koslov chooses to run his mouth, and then when someone call him out on it, he runs away. Koslov, at Genesis, you won't be able to run away. It will be you and me, one on one, and we will see who is truly the better man.

Chris Melendez drops the microphone in the ring before exiting the ring. He makes his way up the ramp onto the stage. He turns around and poses for the crowd once more before he is dropped to the ground. Alex Koslov grabs Melendez and sends him flying off the stage. After hopping down next to him, the Russian star grabs the Soldier and sends him into the metal barricade. Koslov starts to walk away, as Melendez uses the barricade to reach his feet again. Koslov stops...Russian Strike! The American Hero is dropped again. Koslov smirks as he poses over Melendez's lifeless body.

sjCFn8V.png

Josh Mathews: That's right folks, Genesis is only 4 days away, and we have an exciting line up of matches.

The Pope: One match that The Pope is excited for is the X Divison Championship match.

Josh Mathews: No doubt, it's always exciting to see the champion, Tigre Uno, in action. There is no doubt in my mind, that the title will be staying with Tigre this Sunday.

The Pope: The Pope's not so sure about that. I think that Kenny King is gonna be bringing home the championship.

Josh Mathews: Speaking of Kenny King, his partner in the BDC, MVP, has gotten himself into a war of his own. Mr. Anderson has not taken kindly to the way that MVP was running his mouth earlier this week.

The Pope: If you ask The Pope, Mr. Anderson is sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. All he is gonna find is trouble. The Pope is predicting two wins for the BDC at Genesis.

Josh Mathews: We will have to see this Sunday. As for tonight, these two feuds cross paths in tag team action. And that match is next!

MVP and Kenny King vs Tigre Uno and Mr. Anderson

MVP and Kenny King's compatibility as a team showed as they controlled Tigre Uno most of the match. After a hot tag, Mr. Anderson took control. Mr. Anderson won the match with a Mic Check to Kenny King.

MVP hops off the apron, and Kenny King rolls out of the ring. MVP assists his partner up the ramp onto the stage. Mr. Anderson looks on with a smirk on his face. Mr. Anderson motions to the ringside crew, asking for a mic.

Mr. Anderson: Do you see what I did? MVP, I know you saw. And this Sunday, your gonna get a closer look as pin you in this ring. You will soon learn that you cannot run your mouth when I'm around. And that comes straight from the asshole himself, MR. Anderson........ANDERSON!

Mr. Anderson and MVP have a stare down while Kenny King glares at Tigre Uno as he poses with the X Division Championship.

Brooke vs. Gail Kim

This was a rematch of last week. Gail Kim was able to take control on several occasions, as Brooke continued to look over her shoulder for AJ Lee. Brooke was able to win after a roll up on Gail Kim.

AJ Lee comes out to a much louder pop than the other Knockout's received. She stands on the stage, with a microphone in hand.

AJ Lee: OMG! I'm so excited for you Brooke. You finally won a match. And I really hope that you won't hate me when I lock you in the Black Widow this Sunday, and make you tap out. The Knockout's need a real leader and that isn't you.

Brooke: If you think that beating me is gonna be a piece of cake, then you must be crazier than I though!

AJ Lee: What did you just call me?

Brooke: I said that you were a loser, no talent, crazy bitch!

AJ Lee begins to become visually upset at the comments that Brooke made. The referee hands Brooke the Knockout's championship, which she places on her shoulder. We cut backstage while AJ Lee continues her freak out on stage.

9AFjH7n.png

Bram and Eric Young vs DJ Z and Robbie E

This was a quick match, which was expected. Bram and Eric Young were showing amazing chemistry for a newly formed teamed. Eric Young picks up the pin after a piledriver to Robbie E.

Bram grabs DJ Z and hits The Brighter Side of Suffering. Eric Young is quick to dispose of both of their former competitors by kicking them out of the ring. Bram rolls out of the ring and heads over to the ringside area where Jeremy Borash and the medics are sitting. He grabs the vacant TNA Tag Team Championships and heads back into the ring. He hands one of the titles to his partner, and they both celebrate their victory with the titles.

Out come The Wolves, taking no time to head to the ring. They slide into the ring, and a brawl breaks out. Bram and Davey Richards exchange blows as Eddie Edwards lays into Eric Young in the corner.

Bram takes control over Davey Richard. Richards is tossed into the corner. Bram charges him, but Richards tosses him out of the ring. Davey Richards recovers quickly and heads over to help Eddie Edwards. Edwards lifts Eric young up in a powerbomb position, and The Wolves hit The Force of Nature.

Bram pulls Eric Young out of the ring as The Wolves grab the championships. They climb onto the second ropes and pose to the crowd, raising the titles high into the air.

The Pope: The Wolves came out on top in this exchange.

Josh Mathews: Will this be the sight after this Sunday at Genesis, when The Wolves take on the team of Bram and Eric Young for the vacant Tag Team Championships.

EC3 w/ Tyrus vs Dolph Ziggler

Dolph Ziggler had several opportunities to show off in this match up. He gained momentum throughout the match, and even gained a near fall after a superkick. However, Tyrus was able to get involved and cause enough of a distraction to allow EC3 to hit the One Percenter for the win.

Dolph Ziggler struggles to get up after the match. EC3 rolls out of the ring and joins Tyrus at ringside. Dolph Ziggler is finally able to reach his feet, but he is visually disappointment at the result. Dolph pauses in the middle of the ring, holding his head which just took a beating from EC3. After he gathers himself, he rolls out of the ring, opposite of where EC3 and Tyrus are.

As Ziggler is about to leave ringside, Christopher Daniels comes running from the crowd. He hops the barricade and takes out Ziggler with a clothesline to the back of the head. The cameraman catches up to the action to show Daniels with a huge grin on his face. He picks up Ziggler and quickly hits a reverse STO before the Show Off has time to react.

Christopher Daniels heads over to the ring, and his head disappears beneath the ring apron. When he reemerges, he has a steel chair in hand. He heads over to Dolph Ziggler, but the Show Stealer was waiting for him. Ziggler drives the Fallen Angel into the ring barricade, forcing him to drop the chair. Ziggler quickly grabs the chair, and puts it to good use wailing on his Genesis opponent. Christopher Daniels runs off backstage as Ziggler chases him out of the arena.

Meanwhile, EC3 and Tyrus have both reentered the ring. EC3 stands smug, a microphone in hand. He grabs the TNA World Heavyweight Championship off of his shoulder, and hands it to his bodyguard.

EC3: I have been a champion for over 200 days now! The reason that I am the champion is because every night I come out here and I do whatever it takes to win. I don't berate myself around for your approval, I do what's best for me.

Boos ring out from the crowd.

EC3: Take your fan favorite, Dolph Ziggler. I beat him. I will always win when it matters, because I don't only wrestle perfectly, I wrestle smart. I didn't need Tyrus to interfere in my match, but I told him to. There is now reason for me to waste my energy wrestling some nobody like Dolph Ziggler. But even without me trying, I took out your beloved Dolph Ziggler. I stole the show! And this Sunday, at Genesis, I will do 10 time more damage to Bobby Roode. I will toss him around this ring, and I will prove that not only is Bobby Roode a pathetic, shell of a man that he once was, but that I am also the greatest wrestler on Earth today.

Bobby Roode wastes little time as he hauls it to the ring. As quickly as Roode entered the ring, EC3 exited the other side. Bobby Roode did his best to catch EC3 on his way out, but the One Percenter was able to escape.

Bobby Roode, without any hesitation, took out Tyrus who was still in the ring. He lands blow after blow on EC3's heavy, before leaving him down on the ground. Bobby Roode locks in a crossface onto Tyrus in the ring. While locking in this move, Roode keeps his eyes locked on the Champ. After several seconds, The “IT” factor released the hold. Roode reaches his feet, keeping his eyes locked on his future opponent. Roode glances over at the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, which is now laying in the middle of the ring. Roode grabs the title and climbs the turnbuckle before hoisting it into the air. The show closes with a stare down between the Challenger and Champion.

What did you think of the show?
What match are you most excited for at Genesis?
What are your predictions for Genesis?

Last edited:

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
4QWiYtt.png

January 31, 2016

TNA Genesis is now on air. It starts out with a a montage video of all the matches that will take happen as well as the events that took place leading up to those matches. The screen fades to black before a short TNA Bumper is shown. Finally the screen shows a Genesis logo as we head into the show intro. Pyro blasts off as we pan across a sold out crowd in the Impact Zone. We cut to the announcers booth were Josh Mathews is being joined by The Pope.

Josh Mathews: Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Genesis. I am being joined by my broadcast partner The Pope. How's it going Pope?

The Pope: How's it going? It's going great. We are about to witness TNA's very fist PPV of 2016, and The Pope has the best seat in the house. I couldn't be more excited!

Josh Mathews: Well Pope, I don't know how anyone could not be excited. We have a huge lineup of matches here tonight. In fact, we will see all of the champions defend their titles here tonight. On top of that, The Wolves will take on Bram and his partner Eric Young to see who will take home the vacant Tag Team Championships. It hard to choose which match I am most excited for.

The Pope: I hear ya, Josh. I am extremely interested in all of the matches set for tonight. But the one match that The Pope is keeping his eye on is the the match between Dolph Ziggler and Christopher Daniels.

Josh Mathews: That match is sure to have lots of action as that rivalry has been building a tons of heat in recent weeks. Add in the chairs match stipulation, and we are sure to see one hell of match. That match, however, isn't set to take place until later in the night. We will be starting out the PPV with the Asshole himself, Mr. Anderson, as he takes on the leader of the BDC, MVP.

Mr. Anderson vs MVP

This was a decent opening match. There was a lot of back and forth in this match, and surprisingly, no interference from Kenny King (I guess he was preparing for his match later tonight). Although both traded momentum, MVP looked like he was closing in on a victory. However, Mr. Anderson picked up the win after he caught MVP with a surprise Mic Check.

Mr. Anderson stands in middle of the ring over MVP. The ref raises his hand as he celebrates for a moment before heading up the ramp. He starts to head backstage, but pauses for a brief moment. He turns back toward the crowd and raises his hand toward the ceiling. His signature microphone drops from the top of the arena.

Mr. Anderson: Ladies and Gentlemen, your winner...MR. ANDERSON.......Anderson!

He tosses the mic away from him and then heads backstage.

Josh Mathews: Mr. Anderson picking up a solid win here today. One can only what's next for him?

The Pope: Well I'm not sure, but I can see Mr. Anderson doing big things in the future.

Josh Mathews: Well one thing that I am sure about is that our next match is sure to be heated.

The Pope: No doubt Josh. Ever since Alex Koslov came to TNA, he has been bad mouthing the U.S.

Josh Mathews: And Chris Melendez, a man that has given his life for this country, has taken exception to every word that Koslov has said. There has been a great tension between the two sides, and it culminates next.

Alex Koslov vs Chris Melendez

Not a bad match. This match outdid the expectations, although they weren't super high. Chris Melendez used the support of the crowd, as they chanted “USA”, to gain momentum throughout the match. Alex Koslov was able to go over, however, after submitting Melendez with a Red Scare II.

The crowd boos as Alex Koslov stands tall in the middle of the ring. He raises his hands in triumph before leaving the ring. Before leaving the apron, Koslov pauses, and then goes back into the ring. He pulls Koslov up to his knees, and then he plants him with a Russian Strike.

Josh Mathews: Oh man! Chris Melendez put all that he had into that match, but it still wasn't enough.

The Pope: No it wasn't. But as much as The Pope hated the result, Koslov picked up a clean win here.

Josh Mathews: Speaking of clean wins, this next match will have to end cleanly if we are going to name the new TNA World Tag Team Champions.

The Pope: Both The Wolves and the team of Eric Young and Bram have staked claim to the titles.

Josh Mathews: Those two teams will face off next!

The Wolves vs Eric Young and Bram
TNA World Tag Team Championships

The Wolves used their experience to control a majority of the match. Bram and Eric Young were eventually able to isolate Davey Richards. The end came when Eric Young planted Richards with a piledriver, and Bram prevented Eddie Edwards from breaking up the pin.

Bram intercepts the referee and rips the championships from his grip. He hands one of the titles to his partner. They climb the ropes and celebrate their championship win by hoisting them high into the air.

The Pope: Oh my Josh! The Pope is completely shocked. I would not have guessed that a seemingly inexperienced team like that of Bram and Eric Young would be able to beat a team with so much experience like The Wolves.

Josh Mathews: It isn't out of question though Pope. Both Bram and Eric Young are world class athletes.

The Pope: Well The Pope is still shocked.
0sWztmG.png

Josh Mathews: That's right folks, TNA Xplosion returns this week. One of the main focuses of the show is the X Division. This group of talent always finds a new way to excite the audience.

The Pope: No doubt, Josh, and our X Division Champion Tigre Uno has done a great job at leading the pack.

Josh Mathews: But one man, Kenny King, doesn't think that Tigre Uno should be leading.

The Pope: The Pope is definitely excited for this match up.

Josh Mathews: And it's up next!

Tigre Uno vs Kenny King
X Division Championship

Closing Moments: Kenny King appears to be closing in on a victory. Exploder suplex sends his opponent crashing into the mat. Kenny King quickly grabs Tigre Uno and sends him into the turnbuckles. As the Mexican superstar leaves the corner groggy, King picks him up in a fireman's carry. It appears he is going for a Royal Flush. All of the sudden, the lights go dim, and an image appears on the screen.

9AFjH7n.png

The crowd freaks out in the excitement of who could be coming. A dark figure walks out on stage, and lights slowly come up to reveal Cage standing on the stage. He steadily makes his way down the ramp to the ring. In the ring, Kenny King stands perplexed. Cage enters the ring and Kenny King quickly lands the offense. Blow after blow he lands on Cage, but it appears to have no affect on the big man. Cage drops King with a massive clothesline. He picks up the King and hoists him into the air in a vertical suplex hold. He then drops him into a piledriver.

Cage then turns his attention to the X Division Champion. He hoists him into the air, and then he drops him with a Vertical Suplex Piledriver. The ref has no choice but to call for a no contest.

Cage rolls out of the ring and rips the title out of Jeremy Borash's hands. He then rolls back into the ring and holds the championship high above his head. A mixed reaction rings from the crowd as he drops the title onto Tigre Uno and leaves the arena.

Josh Mathews: Oh my goodness, the destruction that was caused by one man.

The Pope: And that man's name is Cage!

Josh Mathews: Cage has been causing destruction all over the world of professional wrestling, and he has finally made his way to TNA.

The Pope: After a huge impact made tonight, what is next for Cage?

Josh Mathews: Speaking of impacts, one person that has made an impact since their debut, is AJ Lee. AJ Lee has been here for barely a month, and she has already proved herself to be at the top of the Knockout's division.

The Pope: Well, she still has one more obstacle before she can make that claim. And that obstacle's name is Brooke.

Josh Mathews: Will AJ Lee back up her claim of being the best of the Knockout's, or will Brooke come out victorious. All will be determined next!

Brooke Adams vs AJ Lee
TNA Knockout's Championship

AJ Lee expressed her dominance tonight. Although it wasn't an all out squash match, AJ Lee was in control for a majority of the match. The champion was able to get in some momentum, and even went for a Butterface Maker, but the Knockout's newcomer reversed it into a powerbomb. AJ Lee eventually picked up the win (and the championship) after Brooke tapped out to the Black Widow.

The Pope: She's done it! She's done it! AJ Lee has become the Knockout's Champion.

Josh Mathews: It is truly impressive Pope. At her very first TNA PPV, AJ Lee has picked up the very important win. I send out my congratulations to the new champ. The obvious question is who will take on the Knockout's champion next?

The Pope: It doesn't matter who's next Josh. AJ Lee has been a champion before, she is used to having that target on her back. I don't think there is any other female on the roster that can take the roster like AJ can.

Josh Mathews: I guess we will see.

B9A2VCj.png

The Pope: Oh my, The President is returning.

Josh Mathews: What will Dixie Carter have to say on this weeks' Impact?

The Pope: One can only assume that it's good news since the relaunch of TNA has gone so well.

Josh Mathews: I guess we will have to wait and see. Switching over to the next match, this feud has been the most heated building up to Genesis. After Christopher Daniels cost Dolph Ziggler a number one contenders match, he continued to prey on Ziggler. Week after week we have seen Ziggler taken down at the hands of Daniels.

The Pope: And this match is sure to get even more brutal. Not only will these men have all of the moves in their arsenal, but they will also have use of steel chairs.

Josh Mathews: We are guaranteed a brutal match, but it is definitely going to be exciting.

The Pope: Don't get off the couch, that match starts now!

Christopher Daniels vs Dolph Ziggler
Chairs Match

Closing Moments: Dolph Ziggler has Christopher Daniels down on is knees in the ring, as he hovers over with a steel chair. Christopher Daniels begs for mercy from Ziggler. Ziggler hesitates before lifting the chair into the air. Daniels saves himself with a low blow, dropping Ziggler to the ground. Daniels sends his opponent to ringside. Daniels climbs the ropes and dives to ringside, but Ziggler moves out of the way, sending him onto the concrete.

Ziggler now stands tall over the fallen angel once again. He begins to land stomp after stomp onto his opponent. He stands near the barricade and panders to the crowd. Out of nowhere, a hooded figure slams Ziggler in the back with a steel chair. He hops the barricade and helps Daniels to his feet. Daniels begins laughing as the man removes his hood to reveal himself as Kazarian.

Daniels instructs Kazarian to grab Ziggler and hold him against the ring post. The Fallen Angel nails him with another shot with the steel chair. He then uses the bottom of the chair to choke his opponent against the ring post. Daniels slides into the ring and drops the chair in the middle. Kazarian rolls the Ziggler into the ring, and Christopher Daniels hits Angel's Wings onto the steel chair, to pick up the win.

The Pope: Kazarian...What is that man doing here? He had no business being involved in that match.

Josh Mathews: He was helping out a best friend, Pope. Plus, this match was no disqualifications.

The Pope: We were meant to see who was the better man.

Josh Mathews: We did Pope. Daniels not only proved himself to the better physical competitor, but he also proved that he was the more intelligent one. He used his resources to get the job done, and that is why he is leaving tonight as the winner.

The Pope: The Pope thinks that a real man needs to go out there and fight one on one and see who is better.

Josh Mathews: Well Pope, you can complain about it more on Impact this week. As for now, we are getting ready for our main event, where EC3 defends the TNA World Heavyweight Championship against Bobby Roode.

The Pope: EC3 has been bragging about how good of a champion he, and Roode has taken exception to that.

Josh Mathews: I think that Roode might be a little nervous that EC3 is closing in on becoming the longest reigning TNA World Heavyweight Champion in history, a title that Bobby Roode currently holds. Nevertheless, we will see who leaves Genesis as the TNA World Heavyweight Champion, next!

Bobby Roode vs EC3
TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Both men put up a valiant effort in this championship match. Bobby Roode started off the match in control, and was able to keep control for a good majority of the match. The momentum changed when Roode chased outside of the ring only to be blindsided by Tyrus (unbeknownst to the referee). Tyrus tosses Roode into the ring, where EC3 hits the One Percenter and picks up the win.

EC3 stands tall in the ring. Tyrus brings in the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, and EC3 rips it out his hand. He then yells for Earl Hebner to raise his hand in victory. The show ends as EC3 is celebrating in the ring.

What are your thoughts on the PPV?
Best/Worst moments?
What are your predictions with the storylines moving forward?
Any other thoughts on the BTB?

Last edited:

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
How was TNA’s relaunch? said:
The ratings below speak for themselves. It is said that the executives at MTV are very happy with the ratings so far. TNA board members are also said to be very excited about these ratings. There is high hopes within the company that ratings will continue to rise. Only time will tell.

Impact 1/06/16 – 1.37
Impact 1/13/16 – 1.21
Impact 1/20/16 – 1.23
Impact 1/27/16 – 1.30

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Here is a preview of the next show.

B9A2VCj.png

• What will TNA President Dixie Carter have to say to the TNA Nation?
OKRAqi7.png

• The Hardy's will return to TNA Impact for the first time since the reboot of the company. Can we expect a match out of these two?
  • Christopher Daniels was able to get the win over Dolph Ziggler at Genesis thanks to the assitance of returning friend, Kazarian. How will Dolph Ziggler respond to the incident?
  • Will we see another superstar get a chance at EC3's TNA World Heavyweight Championship, or will Bobby Roode get another shot?

Last edited:

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Here is the weekly Impact Top 5 following Genesis.
hRigc4h.png

1. Christopher Daniels
2. Bobby Roode
3. Mr. Anderson
4. Dolph Ziggler
5. Kazarian

Last edited:

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
T9b2gDL.png

February 3, 2016
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center - New York, NY

The TNA theme blasts throughout the arena and the TNA intro video plays. The theme continues as the cameras pan across the TNA Nation. The crowd cheers as we head to the announcers’ booth located to the side of the stage.

Josh Mathews: Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to what is becoming the number one product in professional wrestling, TNA Impact.

The Pope: And we proved that once again last night with a great PPV.

Josh Mathews: That’s right Pope, Genesis was an amazing PPV. We saw EC3 successfully defend the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

The Pope: That was definitely a dope moment, but what do you think about our newly crowned champions, AJ Lee and the team of Bram and Eric Young.

Josh Mathews: Well we already knew that AJ Lee was a great wrestler, and if there was any doubters out there, she proved them wrong. As for Bram and Eric Young, I was very surprised at their win over an experienced team like the Wolves.

The Pope: The Pope was very surprised as well. I could literally talk about Genesis all night.

Josh Mathews: That we could Pope, but we have a fully packed show here tonight. We are starting off the night in a big way with the TNA President Dixie Carter.

Dixie Carter makes her way to the ring to a mixed reaction made mostly of cheers. Jeremy Borash holds the ropes as Carter enters the ring.

Dixie Carter: I know that all of you are excited to see me, and I am just as excited to see each and every one of you.

Another mixed reaction from the crowd.

Dixie Carter: When TNA had just started out, we were the exciting new product on the screen. We had fans flocking to see what we were offering. But soon after, we slowly began to slip. Many of our diehard fans stuck with us, but we also lost the loyalty of many of the casual fans. In order to fix this, TNA was rebooted a little over a year ago, and as we all know how that went.

A small dueling chant started up with “It was awesome” being overpowered by the “It was awful” chants.

Dixie Carter: I hear you, and unfortunately the rating agreed. That’s why when the board of directors brought up the idea of a second reboot, I was hesitant, but I think we can agree that it was a giant success.

Cheers ring out from the audience.

Dixie Carter: And with the success, I bring some great news. In six weeks, TNA will be holding its very next ppv, Lockdown, and it will held right here in the Empire State.

Another round of cheers from the crowd.

Dixie Carter: I can guarantee the action at Lockdown will be great and action packed.

Dixie Carter pauses for a minute before continuing.

Dixie Carter: As for tonight, we have an action packed show. Tonight will be the beginning of a tournament to name the new number one contenders for the TNA Tag Team Championships. And the first match of that tournament starts…

Bobby Roode enters to a big pop from the crowd. He makes his way down to the ring and stands face to face with Dixie.

Bobby Roode: Woah, woah, woah. Am I mistaken? You come out here to announce that TNA will be returning to PPV here in New York City…

Cheap pop from the audience.

Bobby Roode: And then you proceed to announce that there is a tag team tournament to determine the number one contenders. Now don’t get me wrong, I am a huge proponent of tag team wrestling, but what about the World Heavyweight Championship? I know that you were in attendance at Genesis, and know that you saw what went down in the main event. Tyrus screwed me out of the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. So I am here to ask you what exactly you plan to do about it.

Dixie Carter: Bobby, you know as well as I do that the ref makes the calls during the match. I don’t think I can do much about the result of your match.

Bobby Roode: I don’t need you to change my match. But you do know what I need you to do. I need you to name me number one contender.

Dixie Carter: You know that I can’t just name you the number one contender. But I’ll tell you what. How about next week, live on TNA Impact, we have a number one contender’s match. Now, I’ll have to get this approved by the Board of Directors, but if they approve, I’ll give you the very first spot. As for now, we need to clear the ring so we can start with some tag team action.

The Wolves vs. Micah and Eli Drake
TNA Tag Team Number One Contender Tournament

This was a quick match, running less than ten minutes. Micah and Eli Drake showed a great amount of chemistry, but The Wolves showed even more. The Wolves picked up the pin after a Force of Nature.

We cut backstage where Mike Tenay is standing outside of the guys locker room. Mike Tenay enters followed shortly by the camera crew. He makes his way over to Bram and Eric Young.

Mike Tenay: Excuse me gentlemen, if I could have a moment of your time.

Eric Young: A moment of our time? We are the TNA World Tag Team Champions, and we have other things to worry about than any damn question that you could ask us.

Mike Tenay: I understand that you guys are very busy, but if I could get your thoughts on the tag team tournament to name the new number one contenders for your title.

Bram: I'm going to make this perfectly clear so that every the trailer trash that actually watch the show can understand, I don't give a damn who wins. Their moment of glory will be cut short as soon as they have to step into this ring with us.

Eric Young: Whoever steps into the ring with us should know that I will show no mercy….NO MERCY! Last year, I faced Kurt Angle, and I drove his head straight into the mat. And if I will break some old man’s neck, I will have no problem doing it again at Lockdown. Winning the tournament may be their best moment, but when I end their career, it will be their worst!

Bram: And now I suggest that you get out of here before your career ends the same way!

Mike Tenay quickly murmurs a thank you before quickly scurrying out of the locker room.

Brooke vs. Angelina Love

Brooke was made to look strong in this match, making it evident why she is in the title scene. Angelina Love was able to get in some action, however, and was going for a finish. Brooke hit a Butterface Maker after ducking a Botox Injection.

Brooke composes herself quickly. She tells Jeremy Borash to hand her a microphone.

Brooke: I can’t believe this happened. I can’t believe it! I spent my entire career having people tell me that I wasn’t good enough. “You can’t make it in TNA, you’ll never be champ.”

A small “You can do it!” chant starts.

Brooke: And you know what? I proved them all wrong. I came here and I beat the best. I beat the Dollhouse and I beat the great Gail Kim. I pinned Awesome Kong. And then there’s AJ Lee.

The crowd chants for AJ.

Brooke: I will admit that I walked into the match at Genesis with a big head. I underestimated how good she was in the ring, but now I know, and I am ready. I am ready now. That is why next week on Impact, I am invoking my rematch clause. So AJ, you can enjoy your week off as champion, because next week, I’m taking my title back.

Brook drops the mic and exits the ring.

We cut back to the office where Dixie Carter is on the phone.

Dixie Carter: Yep…..Correct…..Yeah next week…..That’s great news!

Dixie hangs up her phone as EC3 enters the office with Tyrus in tow.

EC3: Hey, Aunt D!

Dixie Carter: Oh Ethan, great news. I have talked with the board, and they have agreed to a number one contender match next week. Bobby Roode will compete against four other competitors in a 4 way match.

EC3: Excuse me, exactly what part of that is great news? Is it the part where you give Bobby Roode, a man that I beat yet again at Genesis, gets another shot at my championship? Or, is it the other part where 3 other worthless people fight for that same right? Honestly Aunt D, do you even think before you speak?

Dixie Carter: Well…I…

EC3: Well….uh…nothing! This completely…

Tyrus grabs EC3 and pulls him back, trying to calm him. He then turns toward Dixie Carter.

Tyrus: I beg you to reconsider.

Dixie Carter: The board already approved it, there isn’t anything I can do now.

Tyrus turns toward EC3 who is visually upset. The champ walks out of the office and motions for Tyrus to slam the door on their way out.

The Hardy’s vs. Mandrews and Rockstar Spud
TNA Tag Team Number One Contender Tournament

This is both Jeff and Matt Hardy’s first match since the reboot of TNA. Mandrews and Rockstar Spud were able to get a surpringly decent amount of action considering how hot the Hardy’s were. The Hardy’s were able to pick up the win as Jeff hit the Twist of Fate and picked up the 1, 2, 3.

We cut to an unknown backstage area. Kenny King is seen coming into to frame.

Kenny King: At Genesis, I was robbed of my opportunity to regain the X Division Championship. And yet the only thing that everyone is talking about is this meat head Cage. And I have heard that Tigre Uno is walking around, keeping an eye of for Cage. But I’m not out of this. No way is Kenny King out of the X Division title hunt, because Kenny King is the X Division. The day Kenny King stepped into this ring is the day that the X Division took shape. So this is a warning to Cage, Tigre Uno, or anyone else who thinks that they are worthy of a shot, Kenny King is still in this, and at Lockdown, the [HASHTAG]#KingOfTheNight[/HASHTAG] will reign again.

We cut back to the announcers’ booth with Josh Mathews and The Pope.

The Pope: Oh my Josh, Kenny King is making sure that no one forgets that he was involved in the X Division title match at Genesis.

Josh Mathews: He seems to be campaigning for a rematch between him and Tigre Uno, a match that he rightfully deserves.

The Pope: Speaking of matches, how about the match that Dixie Carter announced earlier?

Josh Mathews: If you are talking about the number one contender’s match set for next week’s Impact, than it is definitely exciting. And we now have the four competitors who will be competing. It will be Bobby Roode taking on the outspoken Mr. Anderson, the destroyer Bobby Lashley, and EC3’s own right hand man, Tyrus.

The Pope: That is going to be an amazing match. And with the fury that is running in the “It” Factor, I can’t imagine anyone besides Bobby Roode winning.

Josh Mathews: I don’t know Pope, the other three men are also extremely talented, and I’m sure they have a desire to become champion as well. I can honestly see any of these competitors walking out as number one contender.

The Pope: Maybe Josh, I guess we’ll have to wait until next week.

Josh Mathews: Yes, but this week we will see two of the competitors face off in one-on-one competition, as Bobby Roode takes on the Destroyer Lashley.

Bobby Roode vs. Bobby Lashley

This was a nice, evenly balanced match. Both of the men getting an opportunity to be in control. The end of the match came when Roode dodged a spear. He landed a turned a Roode Bomb as Lashley came out of the corner.

Bobby Roode stands tall in the ring as Earl Hebner raises his hand in victory. Lahsley makes his way up to his feet. Roode extends a hand out to Lashley, but Lashley blows it off and rolls out of the ring. He stands on the ramp, locking eyes with Roode.

Lahsley: Next week, we’ll see who the better man is!

4HJcYMA.png

Dolph Ziggler makes his entrance for the biggest pop of the night. He doesn’t appear to be himself, however, as he makes his way to the ring.

Dolph Ziggler: You may have noticed that I may not being acting like myself, and that is because I am not! I am pissed off. And I’m not out here to whine and complain about some BS ending at Genesis, because I know the match was no dq.

A mixed reaction rings out from the crowd.

Dolph Ziggler: Though….though I am out here for a reason. I am out here to call out that slimy, piece of crap by the name of Kazarian. So I am not going to waste any time, Kazarian get your ass out here.

Kazarian makes his way onto the stage to a good amount of heat. He pauses and takes in the jeers, which seem to be only encouraging him.

Kazarian: I know you may feel like I didn’t have any business getting involved in your match, but I actually did. You see, Christopher Daniels is my best friend, and I don’t like seeing my friends waste their time. And you Dolph Ziggler, are the biggest waste of time that I have ever met.

He is forced to pause as the crowd explodes in boos. A small grin appears on his face before he continues on.

Kazarian: However, my friend seems to have this infatuation to see that you are taken out. That is why I took it upon myself to help my friend get rid of you so that he can move on to more important things.

Kazarian finally enters the ring.

Kazarian: As for your challenge for tonight, it would give me no greater pleasure than to be able and eliminate you here tonight.

Kazarian hits Ziggler with the microphone and begins the attack before the referee ring the bell.

Dolph Ziggler vs Kazarian

Dolph Ziggler was able to gain control early in this match. Kazarian was not able to get in much offense. The match ended in DQ when Christopher Daniels came running out and attacked the show off.

Christopher Daniels continues on the assault. Ziggler is helpless in the center of the ring. Kazarian joins in with his ally. Both men begin to lay into the helpless man in the ring. Blow after blow as the crowd gives them a good amount of heat. Daniels lays off as Kazarian continues on. Daniels then yells for him to lift Ziggler up. Daniels grabs Ziggler in a reverse facelock. Last Rites!

Daniels and Kazarian stand tall over Ziggler as TNA Impact goes off air.

What did you think of the show?
All comments appreciated.

Last edited:

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
6TYBYHj.png

TNA has released the official tournament bracket for the TNA World Tag Team Championships number one contenders tournament. As you will notice, TNA has reached to a few outside teams. First, from former TNA owner Jeff Jarrett's GFW, the team of Brain Myers and Trevor Lee. These two men are former TNA World Tag Team Champions and are viable contenders for the title. The second is the team of Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reily, reDRagon. Although this team has not had a chance to compete for the TNA World Tag Team Championships, they are former tag team champions in both ROH and NJPW. With these additions, we hope that we can name the most worth number one contenders to face Bram and Eric Young, the current champions, at Lockdown.

Predictions for the tournament are welcome (and encouraged) along with comments on the latest episode of Impact.

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
0sWztmG.png

February 5, 2016
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center - New York, NY

A short show intro plays as we transfer to the announcers who welcome us to the show. They mention the four way number one contenders match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship that was announced on Impact. We will be hearing from the competitors later tonight. They give us a quick preview of the action that will happen this evening before the first competitors come out.

Manik vs Sanada

This was a strong match to start off the night. Both men looked strong as they each took turns taking control of this match. The match ended when they took the action outside the ring and the ref was forced to count them both out.

We cut backstage to the interview area. Mr. Anderson walks into the shot and an off screen worker hands him a microphone. Anderson gives him a puzzled look as he refuses to grab the microphone. He then extends his hand to the sky, and a microphone drops from the ceiling into his hand.

Mr. Anderson: Oh boy, Mr. Anderson is in the number one contender match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. And may I say, it’s about time. I am stepping in the ring with some talented wrestlers, some nice guys. Only problem is, nice guys finish last. But thank God I’m an asshole. It’s about time that this Asshole takes ahold of that championship again and leads Impact into a new era, the Asshole era!

Madison Rayne vs Taryn Terrell w/ The Dollhouse

This match started off as evenly balance match, but it quickly turned one sided when The Dollhouse distracted Madison Rayne. Taryn Terrell picked up the win shortly after with the Taryn Cutter.

The rest of the Dollhouse quickly enter the ring after the match and dispose of Madison Rayne. They then hand Taryn Terrell a microphone.

Taryn Terrell: As you can see, there is only one true ruler of the Knockout’s division….and it’s me!

Boos from the audience cause her to quit midsentence. This upsets the Dollhouse leader. Marti Bell and Jade calm her down and encourage her to continue.

Taryn Terrell: I led this division into the future when I held the Knockout’s Championship, and I promise you all that I will lead you all once again.

More heat from the crowd.

Taryn Terrell: SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!

Marti Bell grabs the microphone out of Taryn’s hand.

Marti Bell: Whether you guys like it or not, the Dollhouse is making their way back to the top. That is why on the next Xplosion we will be having a Dollhouse open challenge. Anybody who has the guts to face us can come out here and challenge any member of the Dollhouse to a match.

Small pop from the crowd at the excitement of the future match. The Dollhouse theme blasts through the arena as we transition backstage.

Bobby Lashley is seen standing in the interview area.

Bobby Lashley: I consider both Roode and Anderson as good friends, but I have my eyes set on the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. To be champion again, I will walk through, I will go through anyone. : I am not a man of words, I am a man of action. The other’s, they can talk all they want, but when they are ready, I am here to fight.

Cage vs Mandrews w/ Rockstar Spud

This match was nothing more than a one sided squash. Cage put Mandrews away in a matter of minutes with a Drill Claw.

Cage stands tall as the ref raises his hand high. He yanks his hand away as he grabs Mandrews lifeless body and sends him flying to the ground. The announcers mention the strength that Cage has as they talk about his debut at Genesis when he took out both Kenny King and the X Division champion Tigre Uno.

The announcers then transition over to the competitors in the TNA World Heavyweight Championship number one contenders match. They mention how when they asked Tyrus on his thoughts on the match, he refused to speak with them. They then transfer us over to footage of Bobby Roodes interview.

Bobby Roode: I was so close to winning back my championship at Genesis…that is until EC3 had his lackey attack me. I deserve a rematch, but I have never been handing anything in my 17 years in the business, I have earned it! So I have no problem earning my shot to face EC3.

As for my opponents, they are all great competitors in their own rights, but they need to understand that I am the “it” factor Bobby Roode. I was destined to be great, to be the best, and I accept nothing less. I am a two time TNA World Heavyweight Champion, the longest reigning champion to date, and it is about time that I get my championship back.

Bobby Roode tosses the microphone down and walks out of the frame.

Kenny King vs Drew Galloway

This was a match with great action and a perfect way to end the evening. Both men had a chance to show their strengths. The match ended when Kenny King, with a hand full of tights, rolled up Drew Galloway for the pin.

Kenny King quickly rolls out of the ring and makes his way up the ramp. The announcers recap the events that just took place as we end the show with King standing tall on the stage.

What are your thoughts on the show?
Who will win the number one contender match on the next episode of TNA Impact?

Last edited:

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Here is the weekly Impact Top 5 for week 6.
hRigc4h.png

1. Bobby Roode
2. Lashley
3. Mr. Anderson
4. Dolph Ziggler
5. Tyrus

Last edited:

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Preview for Impact

ocoRXM4.png

7cDYDRV.png

DUZmydc.png

L6Ktpgk.png

TNA Impact airs live this Wednesday with perhaps it's biggest episode to date. First off, we have two outside teams joining us as we continue our TNA Tag Team Number One Contender Tournament. GFW's Brian Myers and Trevor Lee will be taking on the team of DJ Z and Robbie E, better known to TNA fans as The BroMans. Our second tag team match up is another huge one. Bad Influence, Christopher Daniels and Kazarian, will team up again for the first time since their return to TNA to face the ROH team of Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly, reDRagon. If that's not exciting enough, we have AJ Lee defending her TNA Knockout's Championship against Brooke. To top it all off, we will be naming a new number one contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship as Tyrus, Mr. Anderson, Lashley, and Bobby Roode face off in four way action.

Make sure to tune into TNA Impact for the best wrestling action on TV!