TNA rating blows

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

csg370

Reaction score
I'm kind of disappointed. I was hyped up for that night. TNA was better that night IMO, but they both were sub-par. I didn't know what the hell WWE was thinking. Criss Angel, WTF?!?

Any wrestling on either show was ehh. Except the X Division title match, I thought that was pretty good.

But, the only shock that I had a feeling towards wasn't even on either show. Both shows' ratings went down! Seriously?!?! Is that how dull wrestling is now, there are no fans anymore? .....

Reaction score
What else was even on Monday besides the usual shit on other channels? Cause WWE's rating was nothing to bust a nut over either tbh.

Yeh, but WWE didnt bust every nut in the office to get big names to join/comeback, throw out the biggest promos and matches they could think of. Fuck, Flair AND Hogan came back to wrestle. You can say RAWs rating wasnt great, but according to most people on here they put on their usual, mediocre show.

This just tells us that:
a mediocre WWE RAW >>>>> The biggest TNA happening since jelly!

the408kid

Reaction score
As I basically said in another thread, The Monday Night Wars the Sequel could be a BUST!

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I really like what TNA has been doing. I think there overall product has been better because they seem to be trying to put a better product out there.

WWE I feel is just content giving the fans anything. Next weeks Raw looks very good, so i'll just DVR both shows, but I have been watching TNA every week since Bishoff and Hogan came.

WWE just lost their edge and seem to "kiddish" in there product.

btman

Reaction score
After reading Bischoffs book and learning how he looks at the wrestling world.. I really don't think they were expecting omega ratings right now. Obviously the rating is lower than January 4th which is a disappointment but the whole purpose of Impact right now is that people KNOW TNA is on Monday. TNA will run with shitty ratings up until Wrestlemania, and then after Wrestlemania when all of WWE's hype is gone, people know TNA is right there on Monday and has been for a while.. That is when more people will start tuning into Impact where excitement will only keep building up. And that is when TNA's ratings are going to start SLOWLY and I cannot stress slowly enough, but they will start going up. Heck it may not even happen til after Extreme Rules. But I still think they can start taking WWE's audience and actually be competition within the next 6 months.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
1.0 is what TNA has been getting regularly on Thursday Nights since the beginning. This isn't any change for them, beyond the fact that TNA knows that by moving to Monday's they can still keep their original fanbase and continue building from here. I'd be agreeing with everyone if TNA were to say, be getting a .6 or something horrid like that. That would mean that a vast majority of wrestling fans would choose WWE > TNA any day of the week. But TNA is maintaining the ratings they get on Thursday, which is frankly even more impressive considering WWE still gets their normal ratings regardless of TNA's presence. That means more people are watching Monday Night Wrestling now than they were when there was no competition. I approve.

MizMasta3000

LOL @ calling it a competition. WWE didn't need to throw out "surprise names" or crap to get at least a 1.0. WWE got a 3.4 without even trying and the show was utter crap. Next week Austin is coming...TNA will be lucky to get a 1.0 again

Quintastic One

Reaction score
LOL @ calling it a competition. WWE didn't need to throw out "surprise names" or crap to get at least a 1.0. WWE got a 3.4 without even trying and the show was utter crap. Next week Austin is coming...TNA will be lucky to get a 1.0 again

It is still a competition regardless of whether you find it funny or not. Is TNA losing the competition? Duh. Anyone with dilusions that TNA can beat WWE needs to straighten out their brain. But that doesn't make it any less impressive that TNA has been able to maintain a 1.0 even in the face of the juggernaught WWE. So long as TNA continues to break even or even increase their ratings like they did last time they went head to head with RAW, then this is good for the wrestling business as a whole. WWE isn't doing a random Wrestlemania recap show with Stone Cold as the guest host because they feel like it. They want to compete with TNA in order to drive them underground. That's competition.

MizMasta3000

I just think that once TNA calms down meaning (having regular shows w/o surprises), ratings will drop because honestly, the only good things coming out of TNA is the Anderson/Angle feud. Everything else blows

GREYGHOST

Reaction score
I think the most telling sign from monday was the fact that during RAW there was a promo for Impact. I mean WWE ran a commercial for TNA and had it show the channel and that it was on at that moment.

I can appreciate the people saying that we have to be patient and let TNA build its ratings, but the problem is that TNA is not showing any patient. Infact they acting completely over-confident. They should not be on mondays nights right now. They should have focused on building the show on thursday and when they started to gain a 2.0 or higher consistently moved the show to monday.

TheCHB

Reaction score
Tna should have went live every week. Next Monday, there going up against a stacked Raw and there's no way in hell they coming close to a 1.0.

They should have waiting some time and hype it up way more like jan 4th and then in the press conference after, announce your going live then you have the momentum to get some higher ratings and go live every week.

Areoplex

Reaction score
I was shocked but maybe this is what TNA needs so that they realise that they should go at 8 till 10 instead of 9 to 11.

btman

Reaction score
I just think that once TNA calms down meaning (having regular shows w/o surprises), ratings will drop because honestly, the only good things coming out of TNA is the Anderson/Angle feud. Everything else blows

There's ways to surprise a crowd without debuting new people. Bischoff knows that best and he'll take full advantage of it.