TNA rating blows

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TDamien

Reaction score
I think everybody brought up a good point here. Yes, TNA's ratings are disappointing BUT this is not the 90's. WWE's ratings have been disappointing for almost a decade. It's because of WWE's core fans that they are still around.

Some people talk about TNA bringing in retired names... well hasn't WWE done the same? For example... last Wrestle Mania I saw was Flair's last match and that was my ONLY interest for buying it! Last Raw I saw was when Bret Hart came back... that was the ONLY reason I watched it!

IMO... WWE is stale. All matches look the same, every story line is something we've seen a trillion times before, etc.

I continue to watch TNA because they promise to deliver something different... so far, so good!

Reaction score
Yeh, cause Flair hadn't retired UNTIL that match at WM24. And Bret Hart's return has been so annoying. Plus, they just keep bringing in all those other old, useless names like... well, like...I honestly cant think of any others.

TNA have brought in countless ex-WWE stars, plus some out of retirement. Hall, guerrero, hogan, foley, THE NASTY BOYS, flair, sixx-pac.

One reason WWEs storylines may seem a little stale is because...well, they've been around for A LONG TIME! You cannot expect them to re-use some storylines. Me, personally I'm impressed with how fresh they can keep their recycling.

TNA have only seven years under them? Plus, they've got the "genius" of Hogan and Bisch to help them the last 2 months. Give them a few more years, several dozen more ex-wwe stars, and you'll be seeing the same recycled stuff wwe produces.

its stupid to argue this. because there are always going to be people that will prefer wwe over tna, no matter how unbias they think they are - like me. then there will be those who enjoy tna over wwe, who pretend to be unbias - like you.

Qwake

They should have waited until after Wrestlemania

Yeah definitely, because nobody will be watching WWE programming after the biggest show of the year...

Horrible rating for a horrible show, it got the ratings it deserved, RVD was booked terribly in his debut, he wins in 10 seconds, doesn't even use the frog splash, then gets attacked for like 10mins straight, then isn't even mentioned for the rest of the show. Everything else besides the X-Division title match was crap too.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

They should have waited until after Wrestlemania

Agreed. WWE always gets their highest ratings in the leadup to the biggest show of the year. As much as Hogan and co want to believe they're draws, they're not and they won't draw anything when in competition with a company that is at one of its local maximums.

The way in which TNA has been booked won't help the ratings either. They seem to be booking for short term boosts with the surprise strategy, rather than long-term building. Pulling out matches that were interesting 15 years ago isn't the solution either. If TNA are going to continue to book this way they need to steal some real stars in the mould of Jericho, Punk, Mysterio, and maybe even a Batista, else people just won't tune in for these 'big matches'.

TDamien

Reaction score
Yeh, cause Flair hadn't retired UNTIL that match at WM24. And Bret Hart's return has been so annoying. Plus, they just keep bringing in all those other old, useless names like... well, like...I honestly cant think of any others.

TNA have brought in countless ex-WWE stars, plus some out of retirement. Hall, guerrero, hogan, foley, THE NASTY BOYS, flair, sixx-pac.

One reason WWEs storylines may seem a little stale is because...well, they've been around for A LONG TIME! You cannot expect them to re-use some storylines. Me, personally I'm impressed with how fresh they can keep their recycling.

TNA have only seven years under them? Plus, they've got the "genius" of Hogan and Bisch to help them the last 2 months. Give them a few more years, several dozen more ex-wwe stars, and you'll be seeing the same recycled stuff wwe produces.

its stupid to argue this. because there are always going to be people that will prefer wwe over tna, no matter how unbias they think they are - like me. then there will be those who enjoy tna over wwe, who pretend to be unbias - like you.

My point is that wrestling in general is not doing good right now. WWE has their core fans to keep arenas filled and keep TV ratings going but they've been losing fans and viewers for years and are not gaining any new ones.

TNA is not WCW. If they do start stealing the fans and viewers from WWE, I don't see that happening for at least two years.

Oh, and I don't claim to be unbias. Vince has made wrestling but today he's hurting it. I stopped watching wrestling for a long time because all that was available was WWE. In the 80s, there was WWF, NWA, AWA, as well as several other small names. In the 90s, there was WWF, WCW, ECW, and plenty others. Through the majority of the 2000s there was only WWE.

That's the main reason I'm pulling for TNA. That and I think they will deliver on their promise.

sobrdj41

Reaction score
I don't believe that anyone that watched both Raw & Impact this past Monday could actually try to say that Raw put on a better show than Impact. I watched both programs with an open mind & I have to say Raw was just totally boring. What is with the whole guest host thing anyway? I personally am a big fan of Criss Angel, but the WWE did with him on Monday was just Blue. What is up with the whole Legacy storyline? I don't see any-part of it that makes sense nor do I care about them either. WWE needs TNA in order to strengthen thier product. What the WWE has done to Pro Wrestling in the last five or six years is a sin. Why is it that they call Wrestlemania the biggest pay per view of the year? Last year the next three to four pay per views were basically the same matches with different stipulations.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I watched both. RAW featured the continued awesomeness of Batista and the always awesome John Cena as the stars of the show, while TNA dedicated half their show to three senior citizens and an overgrown, obese child. Guess which show I think was better.

Reaction score
I don't believe that anyone that watched both Raw & Impact this past Monday could actually try to say that Raw put on a better show than Impact. I watched both programs with an open mind & I have to say Raw was just totally boring. What is with the whole guest host thing anyway? I personally am a big fan of Criss Angel, but the WWE did with him on Monday was just Blue. What is up with the whole Legacy storyline? I don't see any-part of it that makes sense nor do I care about them either. WWE needs TNA in order to strengthen thier product. What the WWE has done to Pro Wrestling in the last five or six years is a sin. Why is it that they call Wrestlemania the biggest pay per view of the year? Last year the next three to four pay per views were basically the same matches with different stipulations.
I watched both. Raw wasn't great but TNA was anything but good. WWE entertained me more. Why? Because it made sense. It didn't have 2/3s of it's time dedicated to a geezer and his squad of goons. And there was a big gaping hole, Jenna Jameson size if you will, of NO WRESTLING. What TNA is doing to pro wrestling now is a sin.

Wanna know why Wrestlemania is called the biggest PPV of the year? Because it is. That show alone makes the E more money than TNA takes in in a year from all it's ventures, and it feeds two to three more PPVs and each one on their own sells more than all of TNA's PPVs combined. So now ya know. Can't blame a company for having matches that, ya know, draw money.