TNA Media Thread: Spin Cycle/Explosion/TNA Today

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Well the ratings aint that bad considerin its on at 10 on Sci FI. It still beats TNA consisently without trying. But the product is very watered down as if they dont care. Buyrates? They've only had one ppv, so its hard to say, but i cant see them sellin a ppv with the roster they have now.

True, there's only been one PPV but that one show had only 90,000 buys...Even with the Elimination Chamber, that makes for one of the worst selling WWE PPV's of all time (if not the worst) and their talent has actually gotten worse since then, so the E needs to realize that the this ECW brand won't sell because of its name alone and they need to start actualy giving a s h i t about the brand.

beachy26

Reaction score
tna wont go under cuz thy have a financially solid company behind them who r conviced they will make money vince only made ecw cuz he thoight it wud wrk because of the buyrate and pop it got for 1 nite stand

Kaedon

Reaction score
People need to quit watching Oliver Stone movies and connecting dots that dont need to be. The reason for ECW, just like everything else done in the WWE, TNA, or anywhere else is to MAKE MONEY. Thats the name of the game.

xtremebadass

Yea ECW was cashing in off the fans' desire for the return of ECW, so they really jacked the prices up and made as much money as they could, now it's too far in to stop it now

phantomgerald

ecw will just run out of steam soon. the ratings is because casual wwe fans who watch it for entertainment will watch ecw rather than tna. once tna reach out to a larger audience, then they will become better. i'd like to see tna go head to head with ecw. i know tna can't compete with raw or sd yet, so taking it on from the weakest brand is the best way forward

3lions

Reaction score
TNA won't reach a larger audience (large enough to have an effect on WWE) for years to come. That company is highly over-rated (both their product and creative techniques) and currently poses no threat to WWE. It says a lot when a wrestling show on Sci-Fi gets much better ratings than the #1 TNA show ...

Thunderman335

Reaction score
For the money. When not have ECW making money instead of having Velocity

Markz

Reaction score
ECW can stay on the air as long as Vince wants, Vince can get a TV deal with any TV company, Vince also has enough money for it. ECW will soon get better, Smackdown! wasn't that hot when it started, but now it's a hot 2 hour show. Vince said he wanted to make a hot 1 hour show, he can do it. He made need the of Paul Heyman soon enough, but with the ECW tag titles coming back I can forsee a hot show coming soon aswell.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Actually, TNA have the problem the old ECW had. They are a niche organization. They are only going for a select group of people. They are pegging themselves to be the alternative to the WWE so much that they only get the MINORTY wrestling fans who want nothing to do with the WWE at all as their hardcore fanbase. There are general wrestling fans in there too, but those are the people they know will watch no matter what just because they like wrestling.

Montana

Actually, TNA have the problem the old ECW had. They are a niche organization. They are only going for a select group of people. They are pegging themselves to be the alternative to the WWE so much that they only get the MINORTY wrestling fans who want nothing to do with the WWE at all as their hardcore fanbase. There are general wrestling fans in there too, but those are the people they know will watch no matter what just because they like wrestling.

Dead on. But at the same time E.C.W. was dealing with 2 company stealing all their talent. ECW is probably the best organization of all time, of making new stars. Tons of talent arose from ECW, and vince knew that. Which is probably another reason why he brought ecw back.

Vince is giving away talent to tna, in order to gain some competition.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I agree to an extent. Your "stars" cant get that big when they are only performing in front of 1,000 people or so a week. And lets face it, the old ECW crowd was rabid so getting over as a heel was really not a problem. If Paul E was still here now, Id agree thats why Vince is using ECW, but I think he sees it as a way to make money.

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
ECW i think was a waste of time to set up in the fist time, as it lacks that vibe, that pride of ECW.

xtremebadass

There is no more ECW, WWE is trying to erase the old name and put their name over it

random_dude

Reaction score
WWE just need to find out what the hell they want ECW to be they need to find the right mix.

newbreed

Reaction score
It sucks big time so I really dont know why. If they brought back a proper ECW, i'd understand, but this garbage I cannot see the motivation behind.