TNA Media Thread: Spin Cycle/Explosion/TNA Today

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

The Real Reason behind ECW?

Why do you guys think the WWE bought back ECW? Why would they want a third brand, when the two main brands seem to be searching for new main event talent? Some theories

- ECW was brought in to compete with TNA

WWE's C level show was supposed to beat Tna at their own game, Wrestling. ECW was known not just for Hardcore, but for a great mix of wrestling in a variety of styles.

- To make more Money?

ECW is a very credible organization and the wwe knows they could make money off of it. Their Old DVDs sell great. THe One Night Stand PPV's sold. There was old talent availible to bring back. All the peices were there so why not give it a shot?

- To Showcase Younger Talent

The Matt Strikers, Elijah Burkes, Snitskys. Guys that would even be on the roster, but now are stars? in ecw. *Cough* Extremist *Cough*

=====================================================
My thought....

Perhaps the wwe knows something we dont. Maybe this is just a big coincidence, but do you think the wwe planned on TNA growing and failing? Perhaps they let TNA get too big for TNA, and dig themselves into a hole. Can anyone see TNA crumbling and going out of business in the next year or two? IF that were the case, the wwe would have the Xtreme Brand for the X division. As we know, the WWE would hand pick certain wrestlers, adn guys like Sting, Jarrett, and a few others would outta luck. Im sure they would look into a handful of x division and some of their other guys like Joe. So instead of the wwe bulking up ECW with Big names, they've let ECW float around with one title. They've let the unknown guys build their way up. They've pushed the new breed, and when and IF (big if) TNA goes under, the WWE already has a place for them, with established characters and everything.

My opinion it ws brought in to make money, and to be a place IF tna were to go under.

What do you think? Whats the reason? Is there any logic in my theory?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Money, money, money.

Also, I dunno, but if it was me, I'd also use it to snap up talent and keep them away from the competition.

Soulpower

Like Monkeystyle said... Its all about money. Vince Mcmahon realized that there was still a lot of fan interest in ECW, so he revives the brand in order to make some more money, of course the show has sucked and Decemebr to Dismember did a horrible buyrate, so Vince isn't actually making that much money from the ECW name, but still that's the real reason why ECW was brought back.

Montana

Of course Money is a main factor, i just thought there was more too it, with the lack of talent within the 2 main brands.

I also agree with monkey, that ecw is being used to keep new talent away from tna. (even though we havent really seen that yet)

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Punk, Brown, RVD, Little Guido etc. All decent talents who can probably get better off else where

Soulpower

Brown won't go to TNA, if he wanted to be in TNA he would have stayed there. Punk is not going back to TNA, he still has beef with them because of the way that some of the ROH wrestlers have been treated in TNA in the past. RVD is someone who I think will leave the WWE when his contract expires. I really don't beleive there's a lot of talent that TNA could pcik up from ECW.

There's RVD, Sabu and maybe Sandman. Burke isn't going anywhere, and Thorn probably stays aswell. Besides there's lots of places with better (and younger) talent than ECW in case TNA wants to pick some of them up... This crap that is the ECW brand, is all about making money...even if its chump change when you compare it to RAW and SD.

Montana

It could be a race to see which one suceeds, and which one fails first. Obvisously TNA has much more talent, but ECW is probably making more money.

I dont know how much longer TNA can last off of merchandise, and PPV sales. They rarely tour. They dont charge for Impact. How much money could they really be making???

KingABz99

Reaction score
to showcase younger talent i think. WWE has waaaay 2 many superstars on their hands, so they needed a lil extra space

Johnny23

Reaction score
All im gonna say "ECW" should be renamed "The Bobby Lashley Show",that and everyone knows its not the real E.C.DUB anyway...so really who cares its rotten

RATED-RKO21

Reaction score
yeap its definately money but also to make room in the raw and smackdown rosters that way they can add more in case people return

Taker

Reaction score
I agree with you when you say that Vince McMahon wants more money, but i think that the fans wanted to see some Extreme Wrestling, with more violent, and with the ECW returning the fans will be able to watch a bit of Hardcore wrestling and the origonal Raw & Smackdown shows as well.

Reaction score
i love how they had 6 months to build for d2d and it ws the (financially) worst ppv in WWE HISTORY!!!!! but i like ecw even if it is poop

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't mind ECW. Granted since it son Fridays at midnight I almost never get to see it, but occasionally I do catch it and its not bad.

There's just always been a lack of things going on in ECW since the beginning, it was always the same old crap, but now there seems to be a little life left in it as a brand, but it may in fact be too late.

I said it before and I'll say it again. This should have been the angle that kicked off ECW.

xtremebadass

ECW was brought in because WWE wanted to grow. They saw all the new talent they could have, but they can't make new stars with only two shows. They didn't know what new shows could be called, it would just be stupid. So they pulled some old ECW guys together and made a PPV, the next year the same thing. They made a show called ECW that would be pulled by the originals for awhile, until they had enough talent and would fire all the old ECW guys, and make it a strickly WWE show. All of that didn't happen yet, but it will