TNA Media Thread: Spin Cycle/Explosion/TNA Today

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
well imo, your theory is great, it makes tons of sense. the money is definately there, its just too bad they're making such a mockery of ecw. they're definately makign money from it, but i think if they were to put ecw against tna they would get squashed, tna is simply 100xs better then ecw. (when they dnt do 100 promos in their short 1 hour epiode liek last week).

ChiWa

Reaction score
I am sure they expected to make money, but I think I was more a vehicle for extra talent. And I agree with Monkey that the Old/New should have been the first fued. Instead nothing has happend (what was it, Punk/Knox VIII last week). They have lost/sent down/released several guys I wanted to see more of, and I thought this would the perfect place for them. All they have done is have lame ECW title matches one after another. The whole thing has done nothing, but could have done so much more. And much as I respect Montana's ideas, any TNA guys brought in after a TNA fold will be renamed and repackaged, (maybe not complete repack) just like Monty Brown.

Montana

Well, yea, i never said they wouldnt be repackaged.

As far as when the New Breed vs Originals, i think around December to Dismember would have been the best time. The reason i believe they didnt start it from the begining is because they had to build up the new stars. Looking back they took about 6 months to build up talent, and really didnt do a very good job at it. (why d2d sucked) So now they are still tryin to build these guys they should have months ago.

ChiWa

Reaction score
Sorry I read your last line in the first post wrong. I thought you meant the group would be brought in all at once to fill out the roster ( if they owned TNA no problem with copyrights). But they still have built nobody. Christ, even Punk can't get any run. I don't know what the hell their plan is, but I hope it gets better.
(and d2d sucked because the EEC was one on one matches, a real hardcore 6-man bloodfest could have saved it)

Montana

Exactly! CM Punk can't even get a good run when the crowd loves him. I can understand why he lost a match, becasue cm punk cant be undefeated and wrestle every week, becasue that would run through the roster in about 2-3 months. But come on, AT least push him to main event status.

Instead they push hardcore holly snitsky, and Test to the main event. IN search of a ''great heel'' As i said in my original post it just doesnt seem like ecw is trying or cares to improve the quality of the show, even with originals vs new breed. Its the same boring matchups over and over. Nothing long term. I just think the wwe has something up their sleeve, because if they did it for money, why wouldnt they tour more? I guess there is multiple answers. Probably all of the above.

Wrestling God

Reaction score
In some ways ECW now reminds me a little of WCW because they are not pushing any new talent through like you said and sticking with them same type of match ups. This was one of the big downfall of WCW and it could happen to ECW if they are not carful b/c people will just turn off and stop watching the show.

Montana

Well, to prove my theory, I've read Tna has lost 10 million dollars in 2006. ( and contining in 07) That is NOT russo's fault, so we can't blame russo for tna failing. But why Bash WWe? It really sounds like last ditch efforts for me. Vince see's the financial reports. Was sending Kurt Angle to TNA the final Nail in the coffin for tna?

If anything TNA and WWE need to work out a working agreement, similar to ecw and wwe in the mid 90s. For those that dont remember they did a small invasion as talent would be crossed between brands. Example: Christian would come back to challenge Beniot for the US at No way out. While RVD goes to the TNA ppv to face AJ Styles.

Question is, would the wwe be willing to do so. I doubt it, but i can't see tna turning a profit anytime soon. For Tna, when or how do you stop the bleeding? I think Tna has about 6 months to improve business and ratings, if not we could see tna shuttin down.

Captive8

Reaction score
Vince isnt going to push Punk because apparently he has an attitude. Thats why Arn Anderson and others backstage agreed that he should not only lose to Holly, but lose clean.

stryfe

Reaction score
Vince isnt going to push Punk because apparently he has an attitude. Thats why Arn Anderson and others backstage agreed that he should not only lose to Holly, but lose clean.

Punk's attitude problem = he's young and more talented/over than some of the "old guard" or even the "producers". They're envious and jealous and that's why he's getting buried

dreamkiller

Reaction score
Money and compete with TNA. By opening up ECW, WWE took a lot of TNA's regular talents and have been able to sign others down the road. I really doubt ECW was relaunched because of the money..after all the ratings suck, the buyrates suck and the product sucks.

Montana

Well the ratings aint that bad considerin its on at 10 on Sci FI. It still beats TNA consisently without trying. But the product is very watered down as if they dont care. Buyrates? They've only had one ppv, so its hard to say, but i cant see them sellin a ppv with the roster they have now.

sex&violence

Reaction score
I think its more for letting lesser/younger talent on the roster showcase at a higher point up the card thus giving them a chance to practice at a higher level. Its also a little bit of a money spinner at the same time as there is a lot of interest in the old school ECW guys like sandman, sabu rvd etc so as someone said all the peices were there and i think over time it will be the c show and everyone will start in ECW and if sucessful will go to either raw or smackdown