TNA Lockdown 2012 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I will do that sir, it looked like it would be an interesting match. I'm not the biggest Hardy fan, but I'll go in with an open mind to it.
I'm not either. I only really liked his "Antichrist" gimmick. But he's improved a lot. Or Angle just brings out the best in him.

Check it out and let us know what you think.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
You still think the BFG finish was a mistake? If Roode won there he'd have been a babyface and seeing how he's the best heel in the game and that finish even lead to this match, the entire company would be different today. Remember what we said back then, let's wait to see how this plays out. TBH this might lead to Storm winning at Slammiversary X which would be an even better time for him to win it IMHO.
Alright, now that I've calmed down since last night's waste of $50 I want to address this specific comment because it represents all that is wrong with looking at TNA through rose coloured glasses. Regardless of whether Storm wins the title at Slammiversary, they've lost a potential group of buyers for that show with the screwy finish last night. There was no better time for Storm to win the title than last night and nobody is going to make me change my mind on that.

Let's examine TNA and assume that their two biggest shows are Bound For Glory and Lockdown. If that is true, they have done the exact same thing leading up to and at both of those shows. Bound For Glory had months of build, the entire BFG series, vignettes of Roode training hard and then on the show itself he came up short. Lockdown had months of build, a huge focus on James Storm's quest to get a rematch with Roode after losing the title to him in November and then on the show itself he came up short. If Slammiversary is their next biggest show (or even bigger than Lockdown), does it not stand to reason the same thing will happen again given this recent history? It's called a trend, and this one is disturbing to say the least.

At some point, TNA has to realize that people are not going to continue shelling out money to see lame finishes like that. I don't care if it furthers some angle like it did after BFG, the bottom line is that this is the second time in less than a year (and at their two main shows) that they have hyped people up to the point of wanting to see a title change and then they didn't deliver. It would be one thing if they did that on a B-show like Victory Road or Sacrifice, but to do it on their bigger shows, and repeatedly no less, is not the right way to do things.

It's not going to make me stop watching the show, but it will make me seriously question paying for their PPV's, which is something I have never had to do before (and that includes after BFG). When you make one of your most loyal supporters question things like that, something is wrong and something needs to be fixed immediately.

CC316

Reaction score
Damn, I Knew it, too much build up for this match,that somehow, i knew they will screw it up at the end,now it's making me think about watching again TNA,because i'm really pissed off about this bullshit of ending the match like that.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Alright, now that I've calmed down since last night's waste of $50 I want to address this specific comment because it represents all that is wrong with looking at TNA through rose coloured glasses. Regardless of whether Storm wins the title at Slammiversary, they've lost a potential group of buyers for that show with the screwy finish last night. There was no better time for Storm to win the title than last night and nobody is going to make me change my mind on that.

Let's examine TNA and assume that their two biggest shows are Bound For Glory and Lockdown. If that is true, they have done the exact same thing leading up to and at both of those shows. Bound For Glory had months of build, the entire BFG series, vignettes of Roode training hard and then on the show itself he came up short. Lockdown had months of build, a huge focus on James Storm's quest to get a rematch with Roode after losing the title to him in November and then on the show itself he came up short. If Slammiversary is their next biggest show (or even bigger than Lockdown), does it not stand to reason the same thing will happen again given this recent history? It's called a trend, and this one is disturbing to say the least.

At some point, TNA has to realize that people are not going to continue shelling out money to see lame finishes like that. I don't care if it furthers some angle like it did after BFG, the bottom line is that this is the second time in less than a year (and at their two main shows) that they have hyped people up to the point of wanting to see a title change and then they didn't deliver. It would be one thing if they did that on a B-show like Victory Road or Sacrifice, but to do it on their bigger shows, and repeatedly no less, is not the right way to do things.

It's not going to make me stop watching the show, but it will make me seriously question paying for their PPV's, which is something I have never had to do before (and that includes after BFG). When you make one of your most loyal supporters question things like that, something is wrong and something needs to be fixed immediately.

Ross colored glasses? I don't have time ATM to address these points but I will say we seem to have completely different perspectives on why to watch wrestling PPV. I purchase PPV (when I can anyway) to see a fantastic show, not for a guaranteed title change or some other match-up. That's what I got from Lockdown IMHO a fantastic show.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ross colored glasses? I don't have time ATM to address these points but I will say we seem to have completely different perspectives on why to watch wrestling PPV. I purchase PPV (when I can anyway) to see a fantastic show, not for a guaranteed title change or some other match-up. That's what I got from Lockdown IMHO a fantastic show.

I believe you're in the minority then, because a lot of people who bought last night's show most likely bought it expecting to see Storm defeat Roode. After a certain amount of time, you simply HAVE to do big title changes on your PPV's because that's when they feel most important. And its not even that its a guaranteed title change, its that there has to be some sort of chance that it might happen. After doing it two major PPV's in a row, the smart money dictates that they will do the same thing at the next big show as well.

There's a very good chance they popped some extra buys last night due to the good Storm/Roode build. I can't imagine a lot of those people wanting to continue buying shows last night after that finish.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
I just don't want another goddamn title change on Impact.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I just don't want another goddamn title change on Impact.

Precisely, and yet I fear this very thing may happen even as soon as this Thursday.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I believe you're in the minority then, because a lot of people who bought last night's show most likely bought it expecting to see Storm defeat Roode. After a certain amount of time, you simply HAVE to do big title changes on your PPV's because that's when they feel most important. And its not even that its a guaranteed title change, its that there has to be some sort of chance that it might happen. After doing it two major PPV's in a row, the smart money dictates that they will do the same thing at the next big show as well.

There's a very good chance they popped some extra buys last night due to the good Storm/Roode build. I can't imagine a lot of those people wanting to continue buying shows last night after that finish.

Maybe I am in the minority because it's the same reason I despise the streak. I don't don't want guaranteed booking decisions. It takes half the fun out of it for me. And it is a guaranteed title change you're looking for if Storm absolutely had to walk away with the win and the title.

I don't deny that the build must have popped some buys but I think regardless of the outcome, they delivered on a great match. Just my opinion.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Precisely, and yet I fear this very thing may happen even as soon as this Thursday.

I will be just as upset as you guys if that happens. I will even take back what I said here. But I believe it will happen at Slammiversary 10.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Maybe I am in the minority because it's the same reason I despise the streak. I don't don't want guaranteed booking decisions. It takes half the fun out of it for me. And it is a guaranteed title change you're looking for it Storm absolutely had to walk away with the win and the title.

I don't deny that the build must have popped some buys but I think regardless of the outcome, they delivered on a great match. Just my opinion.

The point I was making was simply that now that they've done the same thing twice at two major shows, why shouldn't I believe the same thing won't happen again at the next one? The implication that there is NO chance of a title change, guarantee or not, is certainly not appealing to me or my wallet.

As for the build, if it popped buys then the people who normally don't buy the show are hardly likely to buy another one now, given the screwy finish. I hope they pop a nice rating on Thursday for the fallout, but I won't be surprised if the numbers remain stagnant.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The point I was making was simply that now that they've done the same thing twice at two major shows, why shouldn't I believe the same thing won't happen again at the next one? The implication that there is NO chance of a title change, guarantee or not, is certainly not appealing to me or my wallet.

I could name many Major PPV events that had title changes. Just off the top of my head Samoa Joe at Lockdown 2008. I think you're jumping the gun a little.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I could name many Major PPV events that had title changes. Just off the top of my head Samoa Joe at Lockdown 2008. I think you're jumping the gun a little.
Sure, but those were in the past and in my previous post I mentioned that this (and BFG) show a trend towards a new pattern. Of course they can easily fix this by simply having a title change at Slammiversary, but again, how can I be sold that there's even a chance that will happen? I don't mind watching the shows or even paying for them because I like the wrestling, but just ho-humming opportunities to create big moments is not something that should be taken lightly.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Sure, but those were in the past and in my previous post I mentioned that this (and BFG) show a trend towards a new pattern. Of course they can easily fix this by simply having a title change at Slammiversary, but again, how can I be sold that there's even a chance that will happen? I don't mind watching the shows or even paying for them because I like the wrestling, but just ho-humming opportunities to create big moments is not something that should be taken lightly.

I suppose you could say a new pattern is emerging. But isn't it a slightly better one than last year when I believe TNA had the most title changes in a single calendar year?

Maybe it's because I wasn't really feeling the big moment. I'm not entirely sold Storm is ready to carry IMPACT or perhaps I just think the tenth anniversary would be a much larger milestone for him to achieve it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I suppose you could say a new pattern is emerging. But isn't a slightly better one than last year when I believe TNA had the most title changes in a single calendar year?

Maybe it's because I wasn't really feeling the big moment. I'm not entirely sold Storm is ready to carry IMPACT or perhaps I just think the tenth anniversary would be a much larger milestone for him to achieve it.
It would be preferable to have some sort of happy medium though, not go from one end of the extreme to the other. Look at last night's show as an example. There were five titles on the line (yes, I still count the KO's Tag belts, though even I'm not sure why) as well as Crimson's "streak". None of those changed hands and the streak stayed intact. I would have been happy if even one belt had changed hands, just to show that these things CAN happen on PPV. On a show as big as Lockdown is purported to be, its logical to show that SOMETHING can happen.

Hell, they did a better job showing that at Victory Road when Devon beat Robbie E for the meaningless TV Title, but that's a B-show, where it shouldn't matter as much.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
It would be preferable to have some sort of happy medium though, not go from one end of the extreme to the other. Look at last night's show as an example. There were five titles on the line (yes, I still count the KO's Tag belts, though even I'm not sure why) as well as Crimson's "streak". None of those changed hands and the streak stayed intact. I would have been happy if even one belt had changed hands, just to show that these things CAN happen on PPV. On a show as big as Lockdown is purported to be, its logical to show that SOMETHING can happen.

Hell, they did a better job showing that at Victory Road when Devon beat Robbie E for the meaningless TV Title, but that's a B-show, where it shouldn't matter as much.

I'd love a happy balance. However I think it's important to establish some prestige with the titles again. I personally would not have wanted either the tag titles or the KO's title to change hands. TBH though if it makes a difference I did want the KO tag straps to change hands real badly! :lol: