TNA Lockdown 2012 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Card updated!

Guess we will get a Lethal Lockdown match afterall.

Hardy/Angle should be good :)

Ben

Reaction score
Card actually looks pretty good, if Angle is healthy the match with Hardy has some potential and Storm/Roode is going to be great.

Smartmark

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I don't think Gail will lose the belt to Sky. But I'm wondering who's gonna challenge her for the title next?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Oh dear this is looking like a very iffy card, not least as it is supposed to be TNA's second biggest of the year.

The Lethal Lockdown idea is dumb. The likes of Morgan VS. Crimson and Robbie E VS. Devon belong on Impact at best.

KO and tag title matches should be the other highlights after the main event, not bothered about Angle-Hardy.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Only really looking forward to Roode/Storm but I've been wanting them to main event a PPV since their split. It may have been the wrong choice to having a gimmick match to start what I hope to be a series of matches but I'm sure with this opportunity they will do everything possible to tear down the house.

Seriously just hope the rest of the card can keep me entertained until then. I'm sure Hardy/Angle will be the complete opposite of their last match seeing as a cage is involved. They'll probably go overboard kicking out of everything under the sun.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Let's look at this card in terms of build up and how good the match most likely will be:

Roode vs Storm: Great build up, and should be a great match.

Lethal Lockdown: Build up hasn't been horrible with the Eric/Garrett feud. I think with the right participants, the match could be alright, don't expect it to be bad.

Jeff Hardy vs Angle: Feud hasn't been horrible, thought the Victory Road match was good, not great. I think the cage will help them produce a match of better quality.

MCMG vs Joe/Magnus: No build up, should be a great match though

Sky vs Kim: Little build up, will be a decent at best match.

Robbie vs Devon: Zero build up, going to be a horrible match

Crimson vs Morgan: Good build up actually, but the match will probably suck.

Bottom line: BUILD UP YOUR PPV MATCHES!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I stuggle to see the appeal of Angle/Hardy in 2012. I just think the two could have had an awesome feud when Hardy was on fire a few years ago, and with Kurt also in his prime, but now it just looks a desprate feud between two former WWE stars who are not as good as they were. I admit for his age and considering his injuries Angle can still go, but I just think it is an up hill task carrying Hardy, the pair should be working with younger talent to get them over.

Smartmark

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Card finalized!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I stuggle to see the appeal of Angle/Hardy in 2012. I just think the two could have had an awesome feud when Hardy was on fire a few years ago, and with Kurt also in his prime, but now it just looks a desprate feud between two former WWE stars who are not as good as they were. I admit for his age and considering his injuries Angle can still go, but I just think it is an up hill task carrying Hardy, the pair should be working with younger talent to get them over.

It's really not that appealing, but I think that since I had such low expectations for the feud, the fact that it's not horrible is making me like it. Angle's promo a few weeks back where he talked about all the reasons he hated Jeff Hardy was really good, reminded me of 2000 Angle promos. Like I previously stated, I thought they had a solid match at Victory Road, just with a bad ending, so I'm waiting to see how the cage will benefit or hurt them.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Is Angle still wrestling at Lockdown? He has pulled out of the US Olympic trials because of hamstring and knee injuries so shouldn't he then not be wrestling here because he is injured?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Is Angle still wrestling at Lockdown? He has pulled out of the US Olympic trials because of hamstring and knee injuries so shouldn't he then not be wrestling here because he is injured?

I'd assume that, if Angle's out who would face Hardy?

Where's Dinero these days? I'd have him return just to face Hardy.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
i will probably watch this on a stream for FREE. gives me something to do but I know I'll still be bored anyway. tna is just terrible.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Could be off the mark here, but I think Angle might be using a fake injury as an excuse for pulling out of the Olympic trials, but then will still make the Lockdown appearence. TNA would really have egg on their face if they pulled him out this close to the show.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I also think that his Olympic injury angle is fake and if he wrestles at Lockdown it will pretty much prove that he was lying about the injury or at least the severity of it. Might have been smarter to wait until after the PPV to make the announcement.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Angle stated in an interview he is hurt but they are injuries he can wrestle through but he will have a large brace on his knee. I'd link the interview but I read it here somewhere not sure where.