TNA Lockdown 2012 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
They clearly have another match. I actually thought that match was pretty solid. Ending kinda ruined the quality of the match but it worked. keeps belt on Roode and makes Storm look like the better man going into the rematch. Hardy-Angle was alright and tag title match was decent too.

Ben

Reaction score
Hardy/Angle was solid, and was pretty much your typical Kurt Angle match. Main event was good and so was the tag match, rest of the show sucked bad. Easily one of the worst road crowds they had, Flair getting the biggest pop of the night tells you everything you need to know about what wrong with TNA.

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
^^ Nothing wrong with giving Flair a big pop

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Crowd did suck, which was unexpected. I really thought they would be pretty hot.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
TNA's booking will never improve to where we go OMFG the PPV was awesome from the start to end.

It's TNA, it'll always have it's dodgy places here and there however I must agree, this event was better than Victory Road and I enjoyed the tag match, Hardy/Angle and Storm/Roode

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not too keen on how they finished the mainevent. Two PPVs in a row the TNA World champion has looked weak by winning in fluke fashion. It is one thing to do it with a smaller heel wrestler but for a guy Roode's size it is a bit ridiculous that they are making it look like he isn't good enough. I thought that Storm was a lock to win here, bad decision not to give him the title here. They will no doubt have another title shot but they would have had that anyway if Storm won here. Match sounded really good other than the end.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Hey great comments guys, epscially Andrew and Smart, really enjoyed reading it, am sure it was much better than watching the actually show lol.

Sounds pretty standard TNA stuff. Mostly predictable results, the bonus match doesn't seem to have added much, and was booked far too high up.

The Flair/Hogan stuff sounds painful.

Tag Title, Angle/Hardy and Main event seem to be the hightlight. But semi-final seems over the top and just not believeable and the TNA Title finish was really lame.

Anyway I agree with them keeping the strap on Roode, his World Title run is still getting going, and personally I don't see Storm as world champion calibre.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Rumors have it that they felt Storm isn't ready and changed the idea of him winning the belt two weeks ago.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Smartmark how many stars was Angle/Jeff.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Ric Flair was golden. Hogan tried getting in the way of that but I have tunnel vision so I just remember Flair.

The tag team title match was my favorite match of the evening. Haven't really looked through the thread so I'm not sure what others thought of it.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Angle/ Hardy was a shockingly bad match, really people seem to think it was a highlight?

Both men no sold their finishers in a bid to make it feel epic and that killed it so much, not to mention the structure was terrible.

Storm/Roode was such a strong match and the finish was really really well booked but was kinda obvious, never the less... Terrible show.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Not too keen on how they finished the mainevent. Two PPVs in a row the TNA World champion has looked weak by winning in fluke fashion. It is one thing to do it with a smaller heel wrestler but for a guy Roode's size it is a bit ridiculous that they are making it look like he isn't good enough. I thought that Storm was a lock to win here, bad decision not to give him the title here. They will no doubt have another title shot but they would have had that anyway if Storm won here. Match sounded really good other than the end.
completly disagree.i loved the finish to the main event.i thought it was clever and well booked.it made sense for roode to retain but for storm to look strong in front of his hometown fans.the crowd was horrible all night long.they were stone cold silent for the tag title match which made no sense considering it was a quite decent match.hardy angle was just ok.you could tell kurt was injured but he didnt look seriously hurt i.e.torn hamstring.however im pretty sure he now has broken ribs it looked like hardy landed his second swanton right on his ribs and when he was being helped back to the dressing room one of the officials pointed to kurts midsection.all in all ppv was ok but woulda been better if the crowd was into it.i kinda wish they were at the impact zone because having a hot crowd really helps the product.hopefully they wont return to nashville anytime soon.and kudos to bischoffs son for taking a royal ass whipping .i thought he took more legit punishment then anyone on the entire card.he still aint worth shit though.hes like greg gagne 2.0.

rcoot93

Reaction score
crowd was dead all night and there werent very many good matches, dissapointed at how the main event ended but could see it coming. Small crowd too i read about 2,500 in 9,000 arena

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
completly disagree.i loved the finish to the main event.i thought it was clever and well booked.it made sense for roode to retain but for storm to look strong in front of his hometown fans.

I just don't see how the add to his character by having him win like this. Yes on Impact he had his lawyer out there to get him out of wrestling regularly but him losing like this makes him look weak and I haven't seen him as a weak heel champion. He has been sneaky and willing to bend the rules as all heel champions are but I don't think the finish was good for either guy.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I think the type of chap roode is will actually hurt the company, it used to be that people would watch wanting the heel to lose and get even mor pissed off at hi when he won by a fluke/cheated. Know though things are a lot different and I don't see that type of thing working as no ones going to buy a ppv where they think there going to get a crap end