TNA is a rinky dink, 2nd rate company

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Reaction score
It is truly unbelievable how a long time TNA fan can turn a complete 180 and HATE the product, in a matter of months.

Well, it just happened.

Ever since Genesis, TNA has gone down the shitter for obvious reasons. The Band, Bubba "The Love" Sponge, Orlando Jordan, Rob Terry, Keys, Lockboxes, WWE Hall of Fame rings, and 90 year old wrestlers to say the least. I could rant about how awful the on screen TNA product is for hours, days, years even, but thats not what I'm going to do. Instead, I'm going to rant about my second realization, the fact that TNA is a rinky dink second rate company. Why? Read...

1. On iMPACT! last week, a ticker showed up on the bottom of the screen to show "Lockdown results!". It said that Brian Kendrick won an X-Division Xscape match, when Homicide won. The people running this company don't even know the results of their own PPVs :laugh:

2. When Kaz won the X-Division Title, which shouldn't have been vacated in the first place, there was no actual belt present at the arena. Can someone please tell me why? When WWE has a situation like this, they always use a replica belt as a temporary replacement. As for TNA? Nope, they just have a title switch with no actual belt...BRILLIANT!

3. TNA makes a poll for fans to vote on who should be the top ranked wrestlers in the company, and the poll is on polldaddy.com. The number 2 pro wrestling company in the United States puts their poll on fucking polldaddy.com, not on their own website and not using their own poll.

4. Ric Flair, Abyss, and Hulk Hogan are involved in a storyline revolving around the competition's Hall of Fame ring. Do you understand how second rate that makes TNA look? If they're supposed to be "at war" with WWE on Monday nights, why the FUCK are their wrestlers fighting over WWE HOF rings!? HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE!?

5. Their PPVs do 15,000 buys because NOBODY CARES, if you don't actually build up the PPVs on television nobody is going to order them. I guess they just don't have time though, they need to use TV time to book matches where guys fight over keys, dogtags, and rings, FUCK titles! Oh, who can forget about those Lockboxes too?

6. I bet Vince Russo sits down on his chair during the creative meetings with flash cards, each one saying "Pole, pull apart brawl, key, dogtag, tournament, lockbox, gauntlet, reverse". He shuffles the cards, spreads them out on the table and BAM~! TNA iMPACT! is booked for the week :laugh:

7. What was the rating on Monday? Oh yea...

fun-5.gif

Ok, I'm done now.

Tobe__

Reaction score
TNA just needs to get their shit together. Get Hogan out of any current feud, get some focus on the titles, drop all the stupid ass gimmick matches, cut off dead weight from the roster, and most importantly; CREATE SOME FUCKING DECENT FEUDS. Thats all.

noumenon

Reaction score
TNA is simply trying a little too hard. They've gone ape shit trying to sign all these blasts from the pasts that they've completely ignored the one thing that will set them apart from WWE...............WRESTLING. That's all people want as an alternative to WWE, a wrestling heavy product. I'm not gonna lie, I've liked a lot of the product since Hogan came aboard, he is a great wrestling mind. But if TNA wants to set themselves apart from WWE and actually pick up some of WWE's estranged viewers all they really need is a superior WRESTLING heavy product with some more adult themed storylines fueling the feuds. Not OJ in caution tape squirting jizz on his face.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
I completely agree with you. I was on the TNA bandwagon most of the time, but since Hogan joined, I've given up. Russo's weird stipulation matches were already making it excruciating, throw in the weird pushes Hogan decides and all the Bischoff/Hogan airtime, it's downright painful.

Reaction score
Hogan came aboard, he is a great wrestling mind. .

No. Name one thing that he has done good for the business that Vince didn't force him to do? Not. One. Single. Thing. Everything Hogan has done has ALWAYS been for himself. He has done everything from refusing to job to a spry up and coming Mr. Perfect to ruining the best booked angle in WCW history because he was so insecure. He has no great wrestling mind, there is no evidence to suggest so. He has always been the product of superman booking and he has never given anything back, the only time he did was in 2002 when he jobbed to guys like Rock (who by then was far more relevant and bankable than him) Angle and Lesnar and that was because he HAD to. The only thing he has a great mind for is putting himself over and that is all history suggests.

He has done nothing for TNA, his name value is so far deteriorated, that even the nostalgia had a one week effect. He is only doing favors for his friends or names he thinks can draw. No one not named Abyss that has never been on a WWE roster has benefited from Hogan being on TNA. The honest to god problem with TNA right now is out of touch, done-nothing-in-ten-years-to-warrant-their-position guys like Hogan, Bisch and Russo are running the company. And it all starts with an idiot money mark running the promotion. She obviously has no clue to the history of these guys. She just knows the pluses and is either ignorant to or is totally oblivious to the minuses. She thinks she has upgraded her creative staff with "names" without realizing that the creative staff doesn't need "names", it needs brains. Nor has she realized how to used old "names" to create fresh "names" and once you create fresh names you have forged your own identity. Once TNA can realize how to do that then they can finally move forward.

Reaction score
This is the 2nd time this evening that I've agreed with ChessArmy and Enzo. Should I start to worry?

Reaction score
lol you have finally seen the light chessarmy. TNA has always been a 2nd rate company that has great potential youth talent that a selected few could be megastars, But they hire these old has beens to gain ratings and pretty much the old has beens own the shows on there bookings pretty much.

out of all the ex-wwe and ex-wcw wrestlers, Kurt Angle like the only that is there for the business and for the Company to exist and be profited. I say Dinero and Anderson are there for the Company. But i mean big name ex wwe/wcw wrestlers. (they seem to use TNA as a company for there end career, earn pay checks and won't really put over much youth talent.) Aj styles and Samoa Joe gain some overness, (while abyss got put over by Foley).

TNA ruined Samoa Joe big Name status after His World Championship reign in 2008, The Nation of Violence was a Huge Failure. I personally think it made samoa joe looked stupid and his mentor was Taz inwhich Taz isnt really a huge name wrestler in the past, He was in the indy companies.

The Future of Tna is Aj Styles, Samoa Joe, MCMG (for the Tag Division), D'angelo Dinero, Desmond Wolfe, Beer Money Inc (Tag Division), Mr Anderson (although i think he is incredibley overrated).

My Question for TNA is after all these old farts are done sucking your company dry and making your future talent jobs numerous times towards the old has beens. How is that Youth Talent manage to make your company as a draw towards PPV and TV Ratings/Buyrates and keep TNA rolling towards 2020?

(There is so much i can rant about TNA on it entire Company. But to sum the company up it's the Titanic after it hit the iceberg)

MattCharles

Reaction score
If they would put the focus on the championships...mainly the World title...it would actually be a pretty damn good company and show. Guys like RVD and Styles can carry the ball, all you have to do is let them.

Reaction score
I'd like to be lost on an uncharted desert island with most of the Knockouts.

adhyanta

Reaction score
Pontianak, Lampung, Bandung, Jakarta - Indonesia
I'm dissapointed to see how Hogan & Flair treated their legacy by putting the business aspect of wrestling, above all the rest of its values. Hogan most of all, claiming that by winning the TNA belt, RVD's achievement has surpassed his own. Hogan didn't get to be where he's at right now, all by himself. To claim that all he has ever achieved is not as good as being the TNA champ... is like saying that everything the fans - the devoted Hulkamaniacs- have given him for so many years.. isn't really that wonderful.
Having said that, TNA deserves Hogan & Flair. Their addition had made TNA better.
Still, TNA's biggest contribution for pro wrestling.. is that it make WWE look almost flawless in comparison.
I watched iMPACT before Raw this week, & I've been grateful for Cena ever since.

CMS

Reaction score
TNA handles themselves as a second rate company. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff aren't doing anything new, for whatever reason they are trying to recreate WCW, you know, a company that folded, and it folded for a damn reason.

You don't see Vince Mcmahon making announcements via Twitter, you don't see Vince Mcmahon discussing booking with a fat guy on a radio show. Everything TNA does is bush league, and I am not even going into the booking itself. I mean, one of their main storylines is two guys battling for another company's half of fame rings. That's just sad. What's next? Hulk Hogan feuding with Desmond Wolf over a WCW NWO Championship belt replica?