TNA 2005: Reaching For New Heights

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
TNAReach1.jpg

After 3 years of being around TNA was finally making some really progress. The big names were coming to them to mix with their young blood, their roster had never looked better, and of course they had a tv deal, while it wasn't the best time slot, it was still a way to get their product out their on a weekly basis. Besides, things were sure to change soon if they showed they were good enough for a better time slot!

Updates and News:

Throughout 2004 the 3Live Kru went strong, until just a few weeks ago Konnan went heywire and attacked B.G. James! Without explanation. The next week he explained that the group had strayed away from it's original goal, it's goal to make all races equals, so he vowed to make it all about one race, the latino's! He's made it clear that he's got a new "kru" to help him now, and he's going to reveal them very soon.

Rumors have been swerling of former WWE star Andrew "Test" Martin coming into TNA, he announced over his Myspace page just the other day to "make sure you catch TNA's new years eve special! Something very special is going down!"

There were many times when management decided to take the titles off of The Naturals, but it seems like almost last minute they always changed their mind, as Stevens and Douglas impressed them time and time again. With Jimmy Hart leading them and their reign already lasting so long they've forgotten what failure tastes like. They now have one of the longest NWA tag team title run in history holding onto the belts sense July 7, 2004, and they've made it clear that they plan to make history by keeping them for a long time to come.

Julio Dinero who was kicked out of the Nest by Raven, and released by TNA. When CM Punk and Alexis turned their back on Raven to be on their own, Aries joined them. Father James Mitchell offered his services but was turned down as The Gathering didn't want anyone to "lead" them.

Though in ROH Aries had just taken over, and Shelley had been kicked out, in TNA things were different. Aries was not a part of this incarnation of Generation Next, and Alex Shelley and Roderick Strong were together as a force still. Jack Evans was not a part of this version of Generation Next as TNA was apposed to bringing him in, and would rather keep Generation Next as a tag team, and not a full blown stable.

Jerry Lynn took a backseat role when suffered a shoulder injury in 2004. He's taking time off of wrestling for now, working as a road agent, and talent scout, but still plays a on screen role in TNA as a part of the championship committee.

Russo decided to stay with the company after losing his spot as Director of Authority (see below), and was given a spot on the new Championship Committee.
Dusty Rhodes never became the Director of Authority, but came into the company anyway as a part of the Championship Committee.

One of the biggest changes here is Randy Savage as the Director of Authority! After his return match at Turning Point everyone, including Savage himself, wanted him to stick around TNA, but Savage wasn't up for a wrestling role in the company, so he was given the spot of Director of Authority as Vince Russo was forced to step down.

Changes are coming to TNA, and they're coming in fast. It's time, now or never to reach for the stars!

Champions
NWA-TNA Heavyweight Champion: Jeff Jarrett
X Division Champion: Petey Williams
Tag Team Champions: The Naturals

Roster
A1
"The Monster" Abyss
Apolo
"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles
Alex Shelley
Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Chris Sabin
"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels
Chase Stevens
Chris Candido
Chris Harris
CM Punk
Diamond Dallas Page
'Primetime' Elix Skipper
Eric Young
Kazarian
James Storm
Jeff Hardy
Jeff Jarrett
Jerrelle Clark
Jesse "BG" James
Kevin Nash
Konnan
Michael Shane
"The Alpha Male" Monty Brown
Petey Williams
Raven
Ron "The Truth" Killings
Roderick Strong
Scott Hall
Sean Waltman

Staff
Randy Savage (Director Of Authority)
Larry Zybsko (Championship Committee)
Jerry Lynn (Championship Committee)
Vince Russo (Championship Committee)
Dusty Rhodes (Championship committee)
Shane Douglas (Backstage Correspondent)
Don West (Commentator)
Mike Tennay (Commentator)

Teams
Team Canada (Petey Williams, Bobby Roode, Eric Young, A1, Scott D'Amore)
America's Most Wanted (Chris Harris & James Storm)
The Gathering (CM Punk, Austin Aries, Alexis Laree)
The Naturals (Chase Stevens & Andy Douglas)
2Live Kru (Jesse "BG" James & Ron Killings)
The Outsiders (Kevin Nash & Scott Hall)
Generation Next (Roderick Strong & Alex Shelley)

Managers
Alexis Laree - (Valet to The Gathering)
Father James Mitchell -
Jimmy Hart - (Manager to The Naturals)
Scott D'Amore - (Manager to Team Canada)
Traci Brooks - (Valet to Michael Shane)
Trinity -

X-Division
AJ Styles
Alex Shelley
Austin Aries
Christopher Daniels
Chris Sabin
Jerrelle Clark
Johnny Devine
Kazarian
Michael Shane
Petey Williams
Roderick Strong

I haven't begun to write any shows yet, but for now I wanted to get this out there. I can't make any promises on when this will go full speed. Hopefully soon! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
So far so good buddy, definitely looking forward to it.

Reactions: 1 person

Naitch

Reaction score
I really look forward to this, Castiel. That TNA roster was one of the company's very best, and I'm sure it's in great hand with you booking them.

Castiel

Reaction score
Indeed this roster was one of the best in the history of the company, and it's only going to get better from here! As far as good hands goes, I plan on making a good few different booking decisions then were made originally, it will only help the company, and thus the men on it.
Thank you both for your comments! :)

ThePlumber702

Reaction score
Test in TNA... awesome!

I'll definitely check this out broseph. I like the year and the concept.

Castiel

Reaction score
Thanks man, I remember Test ended up going back to WWE, but he wasn't with them at this point. His last WWE run was nothing, and his TNA run was short lived garbage. This is like a two birds one stone thing, this way you get neither bad run, but hopefully one good one. Lol

Jay

Reaction score
Thanks man, I remember Test ended up going back to WWE, but he wasn't with them at this point. His last WWE run was nothing, and his TNA run was short lived garbage. This is like a two birds one stone thing, this way you get neither bad run, but hopefully one good one. Lol

He went to WWE then got released, then was supposed to return to TNA again but i think he died :(.

Nice looking project!