TNA 2005 iMPACT & PPV Reviews

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Jeff Jarrett
TNA X-Division Champion: AJ Styles
NWA World Tag Team Championships: America’s Most Wanted

TNA Impact
February 18th, 2005
iMPACT! Zone

So on FSN before the Superbowl, Nash, Monty, and DDP all made fun of Jarrett for being Jarrett and for wearing an Eagles jersey. So Jarrett hits DDP with the guitar.

Michael Shane (w/Frankie Kazarian) vs. Ron Killings (w/3LK)
This is fine, Shane does his best Shawn impression, nice of truth to finally get some ring time by himself instead of being stuck with washed BG and never was Konnan. Tenay goes over the Destination X – Ultimate X fuckery, so 4 wrestlers, but it’s 3 matches with eliminations. 1’st fall, Tag Match, 2nd fall 3-way and only when it’s down to the last two wrestlers now it becomes Ultimate X. Fuckin’ TNA sometimes. Anyway, Truth hits the Axe Kicks for the win. *3/4

Backstage: Shane Douglas is with Chris Daniels, Shane asks how it feels to come up this short. Daniels says AJ is the luckiest. He says at Against All Odds when he got saved by the bell, and if he had 10 more seconds, he would be X Division Champion right now. Nothing will stop his Destiny, he says he shouldn’t even have to compete for a spot, that was earned when he pinned AJ. But if he has to do it all over again. HE WILL!

Lex Lovett & Buck Quartermain vs. The Naturals (w/Chris Candido)
Oh man, I totally forgot about Candido’s Naturals angle until he passed :( Then Shane took over. Nice to see the Naturals get a good showing, tons of cheating, dirty heel tactics, double teams. They win with the Natural Disaster. *3/4

In the parking lot; Dustin and AMW are tearing up Dusty’s pick up truck office. Storm finds a bull rope and Dustin hands it to Tracy and says he wants Raven in a bull rope match at Destination X. Abyss then comes and puts his contract in her pants before leaving. So is he cashing in his title shot tonight? Or is he giving it to her? It makes no sense.

Mikey Batts & Kid Romeo vs. Phi Delta Slam (w/Trinity)
PDelta are just 3 minute Warning adjace, they do a bunch of fat boy moves and shit. Jobbers bump for them. The medium size fat one hits a sit down powerbomb, and the fatter one hits a Frog splash off the top for the win.

Dusty Rhoades comes out onto the stage with his tings. Dusty says Hardy/Abyss, Falls count anywhere at Destination X. Jarrett vs. DDP at Destination X is also booked. DDP comes out, he says timing is everything, he can’t think of a better time than right now. His time is now, he says the only reason he came to TNA is to become NWA World Champion. IT’S TIME! IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO FEEL THE BANG! Jarrett comes out and says it’s TIME for him to get out of his ring so he can finish his victory celebration. The crowd begins chanting "DROP THE TITLE!" :lmaolmao:lmaolmao:lmao DDP challenges and Jarrett accepts but as soon as Jeff hits the ring 3 refs hit the ring and do nothing. DDP picks up the guitar but Billy Gunn who is now named The New age Outlaw attacks him from behind. Nash then comes out for the save and DDP hits Jarrett with the Cutter.

AJ Styles joins commentary.

Shark Boy vs. Chris Candido vs. Chris Sabin
Fine match, face paced. I really like this old man version of Candido, his bumping is so fun. Tenay and AJ go over this new terrible version of Ultimate X. So stupid. Sabin locks Shark Boy in a reverse figure-four, but Candido comes in and covers Shark boy, with his foot on the ropes for the win. AMAZING! Behind AJ, Daniels, and AMW, Candido has been the 4th best thing about TNA so far.

Kevin Nash vs. The NEW age Outlast in NoDQ is announced for Destination X

Lance Hoyt (w/Kid Kash) vs. Monty Brown
I love Monty I really do but he shouldn't be in a match where he has to lead someone green, especially someone bigger than him. Monty is at his best at this point when he can just throw smaller guys around like toys. Granted he does throw Lance around and it still looks impressive but, Lance is still so bad. Monty hits the POUNCE………………..BUT THE LIGHTS GO OUT...................TRYTAN COMES OUT ON THE STAGE AND POINTS AT MONTY BEFORE LEAVING IN SMOKE. LOOOOOOL Poor Monty, not long now buddy.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

TNA Impact
February 25th, 2005
iMPACT! Zone

Earlier Today; Jeff Hardy is hanging around looking at a wall (no joke) when Abyss attacks him from behind, they brawl at the catering area and fuck up some plastic tables.

Team Canada (w/Scott D’Amore & Johnny Devine) vs. Dustin Rhoades & America’s Most Wanted
This is pretty fun, I really wish it was longer and was the main event so it could get 15 minutes. Early in the match the match breaks down and all 6 brawl, Dustin cleans house and even takes out Scott D’Amore but behind the refs back Devine takes out Dustin with the hockey stick, Harris picks it up and takes out other members of Team Canada but Roode nails him from behind with a Lariat for the win. Way too short :(

Backstage: Shane Douglas is with Raven, Raven says a Bullrope Match doesn’t intimate him, he says he will give him the beating that his father would have given him if he cared about him. Death by Raven. Quote The Raven – Nevermore

Cassidy Riley vs. Chris Sabin
Another super short match, Cassidy’s best show but Sabin hits the Cradle Shock for the win.

Monty Brown comes out for commentary.

Buck Quartermain vs. Kid Kash (w/Lance Hoyt)
Buck is pretty mediocre and Kash gives him way too much offense. Lance interferes giving Kash the advantage, he then ends it with the Moneymaker. Meh.

TRYTAN COMES OUT AND POINTS AT MONTY! TNA then completely kills his gimmick by showing the tunnel camera and you can see the shadow of him walking through the smoke to the back :lmaolmao:lmaolmao:lmaolmao:lmaolmao:lmaolmao:lmaolmao only in TNA man.

Backstage: BG and Konnan are talking when “The NEW Age Outlaw” walks over he says he wants to talk to him about business, but only with him.

Chris Candido (w/The Naturals) vs. “Primetime” Elix Skipper
I still have no idea if Skipper is a heel or face, but here he plays the face by default. He just doesn’t know it. We get another really good 4 minute Candido performance. The Naturals constantly get involved cutting off Skipper every time it looks like he’s about to turn the tide into his favor. Skipper’s walking the ropes look like shit 1 because the TNA ring is so small and 2 because he’s so long every time he goes for the ‘rana he drops himself onto his head and barely connects with it. Skipper hits Sudden Death for the win, I guess I shouldn’t say Sudden Death and Candido in the same sentence. **

Ultimate X Hype Video.

Mike Tenay talks to DDP, DDP says he’s invented a Yoga for regular people and that’s why he’s still wrestling. This DDP Yoga gimmick will never work 8D

Christopher Daniels, Michael Shane & Frankie Kazarian vs. Sonny Siaki, Ron Killings & AJ Styles
WHY THE FUCK IS THAT MURDERER Siaki here? Daniels and AJ start, but the heels sucker AJ in and Frankie attacks AJ from behind. That really goes nowhere and the faces beat up Shane for a bit. Cool heat segment on Truth, it gets 3 minutes or so. Sonny’s hot tag is pretty trash to no one’s surprise. The match breaks down with everyone doing shit until Shane hits Siaki with the Superkick for the win. **1/2

Jeff Jarrett comes out for commentary.

DDP comes out for his match, but Jeff dares him to fight and they do. They brawl into the stands. The Outlaw attacks him from behind, but Kevin Nash comes out to save, and security breaks it up. BLAHWCWSHIT!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

TNA Impact
March 4th, 2005
iMPACT! Zone

Tonight: AJ/Kash for the X-Division Championship

Dusty comes out with Tracy and Trinity, Dusty says next week he will debut but here he wants to show us his new signing. Apolo lol. Apolo comes out and speaks gibberish, I mean Spanish. Dusty says he’s giving Jeff, his lawyers and everyone he knows 30 minutes to come to the ring. Or he will get his title stripped.

Michael Shane vs. Chris Sabin
They know each other so well so we get some really great reversals and counters. It’s about 4 minutes so it’s super face paced, cool spots and high impact moves. Shane looks good, not full HBK adjace. And Sabin is Sabin he continues to have these really good tv matches. He hits the Cradle Shock for the win. **1/2

Backstage: Shane Douglas is with Monty Brown, he says he is sending Tryan back to his planet of the little head people. He then cuts a comedy/rock style promo on him.

Chris Candido & The Naturals vs. Petey Williams, “Primetime” Elix Skipper & Mikey Batts (w/Scott D'Amore)
This is super random, all 6 are heels I think. I still don’t know about Skipper and I have no idea who the fuck this Batts guy is. I did like the story of the singles team couldn’t co-exist and didn’t have chemistry which allowed the Naturals/Candidos to control the majority of the match. The match really doesn’t last long 4 minutes or so. The match breaks down, and Candido hits a diving headbutt on Batts while he covered Douglas. Candido then puts Douglas on top for the three. Fine. **

Dusty is still with his woman, he talks to them about things when David Young comes over and asks for ONE MORE CHANCE! Trinity and Tracy both whisper in his ear and Dusty says next week.

Eric Young (w/Scott D’Amore) vs. Dustin Rhoades
This is cool, wish it was a little longer, Youngs bumps around for Dustin and Dustin has a really good showing. Team Canada comes out but AMW cut them off, Dustin then hits Scott with a running bulldog and hits Eric with a simple scoop slam for the win lol. **1/4

Dusty is in the ring and says, he will have guys that Jeff have done wrong in the past surround the ring. UGH FUCKIN LUMBERJACK MATCH! FUCK OFF. Dusty brings out DDP and asks if he’s ready, DDP says he’s ready and it’s time. Jarrett then comes out with a bunch of heels. Jeff goes over all the people he’s beaten and says DDP will not the job done. Jeff goes to grab the guitar but DDP attacks him, The Outlaw joins in but Nash makes the save. All the heels and faces brawl in the ring. Yawn.

Christopher Daniels joins commentary.

TNA X-Division Championship: Kid Kash (w/Lance Hoyt) vs. AJ Styles
30-minute time limit as it’s a Championship match, so that’s pretty cool. Sadly. TNA found a way to fuck it up. There are two commercials but they happen at the wrong time and it completely fucks up the flow of the match. The mat work and counter, reversal stuff for the opening 10 minutes were pretty good. AJ might have the best arm drags since prime Steamboat, he gets super deep with them. Nice little spot on he floor with AJ jumping over the rails, then hitting a sidekick. Minutes later Kash drops AJ on his throat onto the rails as we go to another commercial. When we return AJ starts his comeback, so we missed pretty much the entire Kash heat. The finishing stretch is pretty great, they trade momentum and near falls. Lance tries to get involved but AJ takes him out with a flying forearm. Daniels then breaks up a Styles Clash, but when Kash goes for the Moneymaker AJ bridges back into a cover for the win. A finish that would come into effect later :hm: Sad that this got 30 but, only got 16 minutes to use but with the 2 commercials only 9 minutes were shown. Commercials really fucked it. **3/4

Backstage: Abyss is fuckin up the parking lot, I guess he’s looking for Hardy. But, Jeff is on top of the security booth or maybe it’s some production truck thing. Anyway, Jeff is watching. He then pulls out binoculars to watch even though Abyss is like 20 feet away :lmaolmao:lmaolmao:lmao God bless TNA.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

TNA Impact
March 11th, 2005
iMPACT! Zone

Mike Tenay announces that Skipper and Ron Killings are in for Ulitmate X, along with AJ after lasts title win. Daniels/Sabin and the winner goes on to Ulitmate X. So the black guys don’t have to earn a spot :side:

Abyss & Raven vs. Cassidy Riley & Matt Batts
So Batts is face this week, okay. Awesome squash match. Raven and Abyss have a little tension but it doesn’t matter as they kill the jobbers. Abyss hits a nasty press slam to the floor on Batts before hitting the black hole slam on Cassidy for the win. Backstage: Jeff is on the tron and dares Abyss to find him. *1/2

Mike Tenay is in the ring and introduces Jeff Jarrett. Jeff says TNA is being run by a corrupt figure, he says Dusty has it out for him because he’s jealous of him. Jeff goes on his usual rambling promo. He continues to go on and on until DDP comes out and goes into the crowd. He tells Jeff to shut up. DDP says the same thing he’s been saying for the past 4 weeks, he came to TNA for the title and IT’S TIME!

AJ Styles joins commentary.

Backstage: Michael Shane is looking for Dusty, he then calls himself Matt Bently lool. Oh, wait, it this when Kaz signed with the WWE?

#1 Contenders Match Christopher Daniels vs. Chris Sabin
Shockingly this is good 8D Daniels is super aggressive and Sabin continues his streak of good tv matches. Daniels targets the neck and spine of Daniels, sadly Sabin doesn’t sell it. Sabin has some good mini-comebacks, I like that he keeps going for covers. Daniels would end up by grabbing the refs shirt while Sabin has him up in the cradle shock, he then pokes Sabin in the eyes and hits the Angel’s Wings for the win. **1/2

Backstage: Konnan and the Outlaw have words.

Sonny Siaki vs. The Outlaw
NO!

Backstage: AMW and Dustin are with Trinity and Tracy when Team Canada pulls up. Scott D’Amore challenges them to fight. But we then cut to the ring. Okay, then.

Lex Lovett & Buck Quartermain vs. Disciples of Destruction AKA The Harris Brothers (w/Tracy)
NO!

Backstage: Dusty and Nash are talking, Dusty changes Nash’s match to taped fist/first blood. Jarrett lawyer and the Outlaw comes over, they try to get Dusty removed but then just leave.

David Young (w/Chris Candido & The Naturals) vs. Shark Boy
TNA is doing a terrible job at building alliances, Don West finally says something smart and says, Young, as asked Candido to help him as he saw what Candido has done for the Naturals. Hey TNA, how about you fucking show that for all of us to see. You fucks. Candido and the Naturals interfere a ton which leads to Young hitting a CW Adjace spine buster for the win. FUCK YEAH! First, win in 2 years.

Monty Brown joins commentary.

Lance Hoyt (w/Kid Kash) vs. Apolo
NO!

THE LIGHTS GO OUT! But this time Monty goes to the top of the ramp ready for a fight but TRYTAN IS IN THE RING! TRYTAN KNOWS INSTANT TRANSMISSION! OMG!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

Dc3tNUa.gif

TNA Destination X
March 13th, 2005
Orlando, Florida

BG James, Konnan & America’s Most Wanted vs. Team Canada (w/Scott D’Amore & Johnny Devine)
IDK why the shitty members of 3LK are here, IDK why this just couldn’t be a tag titles rematch of the best Tag Match of this year. Whatever, FUCKIN’ HELL A1 debuts. Devine is out because he tore his MCL/ACL. I really like these Team Canada varsity jackets, way better than those baseball ones. Which 1, looked meh and 2 when you think about Canada you think hockey, and I know they have a baseball team but still. SHIT! Team Canada’s heat is a hockey stick. I’m sorry, but Konnan throwing his shoe at guys should be a DQ, it’s a foreign object. AMW clearly carry their side of the team as does Young in his bumping and Roode for being the real muscle, Petey adds nothing and A1 is even worse than him. The Canadian’s isolate Harris for a bit, Young and Roode target the arm, Petey doesn’t and A1 is on the apron the whole time. Konnan’s hot tag is average, the match breaks down and Scott tries to get involved, but Konnan takes him out. He celebrates way too long and Roode hits him with a northern lights Lariat for the win. **1/4

Backstage: Fuckin Johnny Fairly is back, he’s such a ring rat. He begs for one more chance. Dusty gives him 3 hours to find 2 guys to sign to contracts.

Chase Stevens (w/Andy Douglas & Chris Candido) vs. Chris Sabin
IDK why this is here, IDK why Candido isn’t the one wrestling for his heel stable. This is like a TV match, but with 2 more extra minutes. Sabin continues to shine and Chase is just a random body. Heels interfere to give Chase offense time. It’s fine, Candido totally steals the show as one of those over expressive facial reactions. Sabin hits a quick roll-up for the win. After the match; Douglas, Stevens, and Candido jump Sabin but some geek in a Lucha mask and leather jacket makes the save. IT'S FUCKING SHOCKER! And I ain’t talking about the good one from the Spider Man cartoon. **1/4

Bullrope Match: Raven vs. Dustin Rhoades
This gets 6 minutes so they cut out all the usual filling out the bull rope and one another shit and go right into beating up each other. This is “Dustin’s Match” so he dominates and finds pretty cool ways of using the rope and part of the ring to hurt Raven with. Raven does some cool things too, but something just feels off about it. Dustin hits the running bulldog onto the edge of a chair for the win. After the match; Team Canada comes out to attack Dustin, but AMW make the save. **

Fuckin’ Trinity/Tracy get a video package.

Phi Delta Slam (w/Trinity) vs. The Disciples of Destruction (w/Tracy)
THIS GETS 10 MOTHERFUCKING MINUTES! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME! I’M NOT WATCHING THIS, I WOULD RATHER KILL MYSELF! Slit my throat, shoot me in the head. This better be the end of this shit. I hope to God.

Backstage: Dustin and AMW are in Dusty’s truck office, they are talking about Team Canada when Johnny Fairplay comes over. He asks if he can manage them; they say if he can pass the “TEST” he’s got the job. Storm puts a saddle on him and rides him. WHAT! Fairplay leaves.

Monty Brown vs. Trytan
Poor Monty man, they way he’s been buried since his Jarrett match is disgraceful. At least it all ends tonight, kinda. This is bad, like really bad. Trytan is greener than green, he almost drops Monty on his head 30 seconds in. And like the Hoyt match, Monty isn’t at the point that he can carry anyone. So both men hurt coming out of this. Everything Trytan does is laughable, he hits Monty’s arm during chops, his punches don’t connect. It’s all bad. Monty does his best tho, he’s really giving it his all and mixing up Ariel moves and power moves. He goes for the pounce…………BUT THE LIGHTS GO OUT! When the return some fat fuck in a mask is in the ring. Monty gives him the pounce and covers for the win. Trytan is on top of the stage and leaves. Welp, Trytan’s gimmick is dead before it even started. *

Backstage: DDP is doing yoga, hyping himself up.

Falls Count Anywhere Match: Abyss vs. Jeff Hardy
The Same type of average brawl match from the last match, this time they brawl into the parking lot where Jeff hits a Swanton off one of those building support beams through Abyss and a table. They brawl back to the ring where Tables, Ladders, and chairs are used again. Jeff hits a twist of fate onto a ladder for the win. After the match; Abyss attacks him, he then brings in a back of thumbtacks and hits Jeff with a black hole slam onto the tacks. *3/4

Backstage: Team Canada are celebrating when Johnny Fairplay comes over, he says he needs a team. Roode chases him off. Team Canada face turn?

Taped Fist-First Blood Match: The Outlaw vs. Kevin Nash
THIS IS FUCKING ATROCIOUS! It’s all punches and kicks for 10 minutes, outside of this awesome sounding chair shot, and Outlaw trying to stab Nash in the head which was the highlight of the PPV so far. For some reason, the ref tries to stop them from using weapons or exposing the steel turnbuckle. Because of DQ’s? IDK TNA and Dusty might be the worse bookers ever. The ref gets bumped and the fuckery happens, Nash busts him open off snake eyes on the exposed steel that the Outlaw didn’t even connect with. But Jarrett runs down and hits Nash in the head with a title belt, a doctor and Jeff’s lawyer comes out and cleans the Outlaw up with a towel and NEW skin to stop the bleeding. The ref sees Nash’s blood and rings the bell :lmaolmao:lmao 3/4*

Ultimate X Challenge for the X-Division Championship: “Primetime” Elix Skipper vs. Ron Killings vs. Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles
It’s Skipper/AJ vs. Daniels/Killings; it’s kinda weird that don’t really treat this as a tag match, we get a long Skipper/Truth segment and then AJ/Daniels nice storytelling with Daniels and Skipper helping each other out, they can’t team up because the XXX break up rule, until 2007 when they say fuckit. But here they have no problems helping the other. AJ/Daniels deliver on interactions as always, I love the callback spot with Daniels hitting the flatline but as he goes for the Klutch AJ has it scouted and blocks it so Daniels turns it into a cross face. Killings hits a top rope Axe kick on skipper, but Daniels breaks up the pin. Ron is pissed and takes out Daniels, but Skipper hits Ron with Sudden Death for the three.

3-Way is fine, they then start using the X structure. Daniels hits a moonsault off the X, well he wasn’t standing he’s kinda just sitting on it and falls back into a moonsault type move. Daniels tries and convinces Skipper to team up, but turns on him immediately lol. Skipper uses the X ropes and hits AJ with a reverse ‘rana, he and Daniels begin to fight as AJ hits this terrible looking shooting star move off the X ropes. Skipper hits AJ with Sudden Death, but Daniels rolls him up with a handful of tights to eliminate Skipper.

AJ and Daniels is fun, but I don’t want to see them fight In this style of match, Daniels is at his best when he can beat the living shit out of AJ and have AJ bump like crazy for him. And AJ well he can do any and everything, but still, I would rather just have a straight up match. Daniels hits and STO off the X cables, that looked cool. Another cool spot is Daniels falls but he recovers and pulls AJ down and AJ takes this AWESOME bump on his face and chest. They do about 2 or 3 more spots off the top until the ref gets bumped when both men fall onto of him. AJ grabs the belt and pulls it down, but the ref doesn’t see it because he’s down. Daniels then hits him with the Angels Wings and picks up the belt for the win. FUCK YEAH! I DARE YOU TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE Ellsworth finish now. Awesome heel finish. ***1/4

Backstage: Johnny Fairplay walks up to Buck Quartermain and Lex Lovett, he talks them up and gets them to sign with him.

Ringside Revenge match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Diamond Dallas Page vs. Jeff Jarrett
Monty Brown, 3LK, Larry Zbyzsko, Chris Candido, The Naturals, Jeff’s Lawyer are all at ringside. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. 20 FUCKIN MINUTES, A 20 MINUTE FUCKIN LUMBERJACK MATCH! A 20 MINUTE DDP MATCH IN 2005, I'M SORRY DDP, BUT NOPE! FUCKIN JARRETT MAN! It’s way too long, so much filler and bullshit. After 16 long boring minutes, shit breaks down and everyone fights on the floor. BG James took the guitar from Jeff. He tries to hit him, but he moved, and it hit Konnan. Page shoves the ref and as he goes for the cutter, the Outlaw comes in and hits the fame-ass-er. 6-Pac makes his return, again and takes out Jeff and Gunn before leaving. DDP hits cutters on the Naturals and Candido. He hits one one, Jeff…………………………………BUT MONTY HITS DDP WITH THE POUNCE AND PUTS JEFF’S UNCONCIOUS BODY ON TOP FOR THE WIN. *1/2

Worse PPV of all time.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
taped fist matches make zero sense...it doesn't make you punch harder, it's just there to protect your hands.

Russo booking 101....that and pushing Jarrett.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA X-Division Champion: Christopher Daniels

TNA Impact
March 18th, 2005
iMPACT! Zone

Don West announces at Lockdown, we will be getting not 1 but 2 Steel Cage matches 8D

After the PPV went off the air, the heels are celebrating and Monty says Jeff owes him one.

Jerrelle Clark vs. Christopher Daniels
Daniels is fuckin awesome, he slaps Clark then hides behind the ref, then as Clark jaws at him Daniels gives him a sweet jab to the jaw before attacking him. Daniels might be the best wrestler in the company right now. He’s playing this smart/scumbag/cheating heel role to perfection. Clark has some good moments too, tons of heart and Daniels makes him look good before hitting the Angels Wings for the win. **

Daniels comes over the commentary table and grabs a mic, he goes over all of Truth, Skipper and AJ’s championship accomplishments before saying he beat them. Daniels says he humbly accepts the title of “MR. TNA” Suddenly, Elix Skipper comes out. Skipper says AJ, and the people don’t know him. But he knows him, and Daniels knows what I would do to him.

Mikey Batts vs. Kid Kash (w/Lance Hoyt)
Average Kash showcase, he hits the moneymaker for the win.

Backstage: 3LK talk and Konnan is still in his feelings.

Chris Candido & The Naturals vs. Dustin Rhoades & America’s Most Wanted
Really fun, I wish, I WISH it was just longer. All 6 have this great brawl to start, AMW/Naturals chemistry is always on. Dustin/Candido also had a nice interaction period, it’s weird as none of the naturals got involved during the Dustin heat it was all Candido before the Harris hot tag and the match breaks down, Naturals bump like crazy for them, AMW hit the death sentence for the win. ** - **1/4

Mike Tenay is in the ring and brings out Jeff Jarrett who is with The Outlaw. Mike asks HOW? & WHY? Jeff says the why is real simple, opportunity. Monty saw he was never gonna get a fair shot and how is real simple, great minds think alive. NO ONE SAW IT COMING! Jeff says Monty made the right choice and that is to stand next to a winner. Jeff then introduces Monty Brown. Monty comes out with a mic. Monty and Jeff shake hands, before saying he shook the world and it’s time to take the world over. Monty mocks the fans “You Sold Out” chants before doing a Mock Dusty voice. Monty says if you don’t like it, be about it.

Backstage: Dusty is with Tracy and Trinity, he then makes both Tracy and Trinity both his personal secretaries even though Tracy’s team won the match at Des X. God damn, this company is awful at following its own angles.

David Young vs. Shocker
NO! And now David Young is back to his losing streak, SO WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT?

Lex Lovett & Buck Quartermain vs. Diamond Dallas Page & Sean Waltman (w/Kevin Nash)
So Fairplay isn’t gonna come out with his team? That he agreed to manage? Or are we just gonna forget that aired? Fuckin TNA. Showcase for the 90’s guys. It’s goes about 9 minutes. DDP hits the cutter for the win. After the match; Nash grabs a mic and asks for Dusty to come out. He challenges Jarrett, Monty, and Outlaw to a six man cage match at Lockdown. Dusty says he’ll let him know next week. DAT CLIFFHANGER 8D

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

TNA Impact
March 25th, 2005
iMPACT! Zone

Before Impact came on the air, Abyss walks up to Tracy and Trinity and points at them.

Moments ago, Tracy says she knows what Abyss wants and she’ll find it. Abyss does his little taunt and scares them off. AJ says he may scare them but he doesn’t scare him. Abyss shoves him, and they brawl.

Mike Tenay says Abyss wants his contract and wants his title shot. AJ just happen to be walking by.

Buck Quartermain vs. TRYTAN
Pretty terrible, but at least he finally wins a match. Now he’s 1-0-1. Good for him.

Backstage: Konnan again gets in the Outlaws face, BG again calms him down. Outlaw says he and BG have to talk, so they leave. Konnan gets paranoid and asks if they’re trying to break up the Kru. Ron says he’ll get to the bottom of this.

Shocker & Jeff Jarrett vs. David Young & Lex Lovett
Fairplay is an awful manager, as Lex is already teaming with someone else. I guess that angle is over, thanks, TNA. This is pretty shit. It’s a showcase for the faces, Shocker does some Lucha style pin on David Young for the win.

Cassidy Riley & Shark Boy vs. The Disciples of Destruction (w/Tracy)
NO!

DDP comes down to the ring and gets on the mic, he says last week he, Nash and, Sean demanded to be in the 6 sides of steel. So he wants Dusty to come out now for an answer. Dusty comes out and rambles on far too long before agreeing to the 6-Man cage match. DDP says life is all about decisions and Monty made a bad one, any fool to align himself with Jarrett is a true fool. On the tron, Candido, Naturals, Monty, and the Outlaw jump Nash before Security saves him.

Backstage: Raven compliments Jeff on his match with Abyss, Raven suggests they should become a team. Jeff says his fans are his fans and he wrestles for them, no one else. He thanks him for the compliment, and he walks off. Raven tries to act cool.

Sonny Siaki vs. Apolo
NO!

After the match; Kash and Hoyt come out and makes fun of them having a shit match and for shaking hands. Kash says this isn’t some Samoan/Mexican soap opera, this is Wrestling. Sonny challenges them to a fight NOW! Kash says he doesn’t want Sonny’s hands on him because he’s not weird like that, but he will punch his teeth out of he wanted to. Sonny says he and Apalo will go to them. Kash runs but Hoyt just walks away.

Backstage: Shane Douglas is with Dustin Rhoades, Shane announces at Lockdown it’s Dustin vs. Roode. Scott D’Amore and Roode come over and talk shit.

Phi Delta Slam (w/Trinity) vs. America’s Most Wanted
Poor AMW, they do their best but Delta slam is god awful. AMW give them way too much on offense and bump way too much for these fat pieces of shit. AMW makes a brief comeback before Team Canada comes out for a DQ. Dustin comes out to save, and they fight off Team Canada.

WORSE.EPISODE.EVER! :worse

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ALSO RIP! TRYTAN!

February 18th, 2005 - March 25th, 2005

Grand total of 5 appearances

3 standing taunts of finger points towards Monty
2 matches, with a record of 1-0-1

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

TNA Impact
April 1st, 2005
iMPACT! Zone

Mike Tenay announces in the second steel cage it will be AJ Styles vs. Abyss, AJ Styles then comes out and joins commentary. AJ and Mike then say the match is for the #1 contenders match, wait is this for Abyss title shot that he earned fairly or this is for another? Kinda not fair on Abyss’ part. But FUCKIT!

Abyss vs. Cassidy Riley
Okay squash, Black Hole Slam wins it for Abyss.

Abyss goes to leave, but he sees AJ and turns around. He goes back to the ring and grabs a bag of thumbtacks. Suddenly, Jeff Hardy comes out and hits Abyss with the twist of fate and grabs the tacks but Raven comes out and attacks Jeff. It’s a 2-1 until AJ makes the save.

Video Package on the tag team run of Daniels and Skipper. They then just give away the result of the main event, by announces that for the first time it’s Skipper vs. Daniels, for the X-Division Championship at Lockdown. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! God Bless TNA.

Backstage: Mike Tenay interviews Monty Brown, Monty says he’s a stand-up and honest guy. Just more honest now. Mike asks him, what Jeff owes him. Monty says it’s about chance, I’m onto big things. I will get some respect around here. SURVIVAL and PAIN! DDP, Nash, and Sean will feel the pain. And we will survive.

Video Package for the upcoming 6 Man Cage Match airs.

Chris Daniels joins commentary

#1 Contender's Elimination Match for the X-Division Championship: Chris Sabin vs. Michael Shane vs. “Primetime” Elix Skipper vs. Petey Williams (w/Scott D’Amore)
Why are we even having this match, if TNA has already given us the result? I like that because this is a #1 contenders match, this gets a special 30 minute main event time limit. This is okay but is all over the place, and I don’t blame the wrestlers too much. They do the 2 in and the other 2 on the apron, watching and waiting for the tags, we get all possible pairs before the match breaks down. Sabin/Skipper was clearly head and shoulders above. The match breaks down and Shane superkicks Petey and Sabin jackknife pins him. So this is an elimination match, well thanks for the notice TNA. For some reason, as it turns into a 3 way, only one stays on the apron. THIS IS SO FUCKIN’ STUPID! Skipper eliminates Shane by hitting him with Sudden Death. Sabin/Skipper rules and should have been the original match. They get a bout 8 minutes. Both men first try to wear down the other man with holds but once that doesn’t work, they start hitting big moves for near falls. Skipper hits Sudden Death for the win. **1/2 - **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

TNA Impact
April 8th, 2005
iMPACT! Zone

Tonight: Dusty Rhoades has a huge announcement on the upcoming Lockdown PPV.

Michael Shane vs. Chris Sabin
Sabin continues to put on really good short TV matches. Early in the match, Sabin takes a great bump to the exposed section of the floor on his midsection. Shane throws him into the rails then doesn’t follow up on it again, and Sabin never sells it. So the whole things seems like a waste. Sabin wins with the Cradle Shock. After the match; Shane hits him with a superkick. Mike announces at Lockdown, it’s another X-Division 4-way shootout. UGH! **1/2

Dusty comes out on the stage, he says Raven/Hardy will be a table match. Canada/AMW. The 6-Man is now Lethal Lockdown. AJ/Abyss the winner gets the title shot at the next PPV. Dusty says EVERY MATCH WILL BE INSIDE A CAGE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

Chase Stevens (w/Andy Douglas & Chris Candido) vs. AJ Styles
I still have no idea why they keep booking Chase as the singles guy, over Candido. I really wanted AJ/Candido II. Fine AJ showcase, chase bumps around and the heels interfere and cheat a whole bunch. Styles Clash gives AJ the win. ** - **1/4

As AJ Styles is leaving Abyss comes out with a chair, AJ sees him on the big tron, but as he turns around security puts a stop to all of it.

AMW join commentary.

Lex Lovett & David Young vs. Dustin Rhoades & Cassidy Riley
This is pretty bad, Dustin seems off and sloppy and everyone around him sucked. Cassidy school boys Lex for the win.

Mike Tenay is in the ring and brings out Jeff Jarrett. Jeff says after all the hell he’s been through he’s still the world champion, Jeff rambles and rants on for far too long until DDP comes through the crowd and beats on Jeff for a bit before making the Outlaw look dump.

Backstage: Elix Skipper is begging some backstage worker to go out with him after the show, the guy clearly doesn’t want to but Elix is adamant about it. Thankfully, Daniels saves the kid and gets him to leave. He asks if Skipper really wants this match, the whole world knows he’s better. Daniels then brings out the last time Skipper was in a cage, he did this amazing ‘rana but he also took the pin loss. AMAZING! Daniels says he’s smarter and him and asks if he’s sure he wants to go through this. Skipper says he will.

Kid Kash (w/Lance Hoyt) vs. Apolo
This gets 9:57 and it’s god awful, Lance pulls out the ref with 3 seconds left for a DQ. All 4 brawl and Dusty cheers them on. Terrible.

Backstage: Nash is beating up poor Candido.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

TNA Impact
April 15th, 2005
iMPACT! Zone

Michael Shane, Kid Kash & Lance Hoyt vs. Chris Sabin, Apolo & Sonny Siaki
NO!

Jarrett’s lawyer along with Candido in a wheelchair comes out, he has a neck brace on and his arm in a sling. Jeff’s lawyer says if Nash is seen anywhere in the impact zone tonight he will be arrested.

Backstage: Trinity is with Michael Shane, she says Shane should be the X-Division champ. She begins hitting on him and Tracy comes over to cockblock.

Petey Williams & A1 (w/Scott D’Amore) vs. Ron Killings & BG James
Konnan isn’t with the Kru because of reasons no one cares about anymore. This is pretty bad, Ron is barely in and A1 makes Petey look like Bret. Scissors Kick wins it for the Kru. Way to make the #1 contenders for the tag champs look strong going into a tag match at the PPV. SMH!

“Primetime” Elix Skipper joins commentary.

Mikey Batts vs. Christopher Daniels
AWESOME Daniels showcase, he works the midsection and it’s pretty great. They do this awful ref bump and Batts hits a stunner and Skipper leaves the commentary table and counts the 3 himself instead of waking up the ref, Daniels knocks Skipper out of the ring and this the angel's wings for the win. **

WS39eUU.gif

Backstage: Konnan is still in his feelings, BG even sides with Konnan and says the Outlaw means nothing to him he’s all about the Kru. Konnan tells them to stay in the back as he wouldn’t want to get hit with a guitar again. IT WAS 6 WEEKS AGO, MOVE ON!

Eric Young (w/Scott D’Amore) vs. Konnan
Pretty Shit Konnan squash, Young bumps godly for him tho. IDK Konnan wins because numbers advantage doesn’t mean shit in TNA and neither do #1 contenders that are Canadian.

Backstage: Shane Douglas is with AJ Styles and Raven, AJ says he isn’t afraid of Abyss, but he is afraid of what Abyss is capable of. But he will not miss out this chance to get a shot at the world title. Jeff says he can’t wait to take Raven out. Douglas says next week it’s AJ/Jeff vs. Raven/Abyss. Raven then hits Jeff with a trashcan as AJ just looks on loooooooooooooooooooooooool.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Jeff Jarrett joins commentary. Kevin NASH comes out but security comes out and holds Nash back, Nash then spits on a lawyer because. NASH!

The Outlaw & Monty Brown vs. Diamond Dallas Page & 6-Pac
Poor Monty man, he’s stuck in this WCW lite match, where everyone is washed and should not be main eventing or even wrestling anymore. It’s all punches and kicks, I DON’T EVEN CARE ANYMORE!. This is another god awful TV. Pac had an okayish hot tag, it’s far from 1998/summer of 1999 Pac but it’s was the only passable thing here. Jarrett hits him with a guitar and Outlaw covers him to win. After the match; DDP beats up Jarrett on the floor and to the back. Outlaw makes the save, Nash is still here and chases the heels away. NOPE!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Siaki murdering Candido will be a dark match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

TNA Impact
April 22nd, 2005
iMPACT! Zone

Some in the crowd has a sign that says “I’m a Hoty-A-Maniac" :hhh6:

David Young, Lex Lovett & Buck Quartermain vs. 3LK
J.O.B. Squad 2.0 :mark: Nice to see 3LK back together, even though nothing has changed from last week, except they all won matches last week. God damn TNA. I still don’t know how Konnan’s throwing his sneakers at people isn’t a DQ. Pretty standard 3LK showcase, they all get time to shine. Ron hits the Scissors Kick for the win. Fuckin fans take off their sneaks to salute Konnan, they are the worse.

Earlier this week, Jeff Jarrett defended the world heavyweight championship in Puerto Rico, along with AMW defending the tag team championships.

TOP 5 STEEL CAGE MOMENTS IN TNA HISTORY!!!

Number 4: Tower of doom spot, from XXX/AMW – Turning Point 2004

Video Package airs on Daniels and Skipper.

Dustin Rhoades joins the commentary table, but Bobby Roode nails him with a chair shot to the head. He proceeds to beat him down with a chair until AMW make the save. The Naturals make their entrance and we go right into the next match.

America’s Most Wanted vs. The Naturals (w/Chris Candido & Jeff Jarrett’s Lawyer)
Candido is still in the wheelchair, with a neckbrace and arm in a sling. Poor Candido, his time in the life glass is about to expire. As for the match, it’s the usual AMW/Naturals goodness, huge AWESOME brawl on the floor that AMW completely dominates its shades of the Final Resolution opening. Naturals bumping is so great, they just get their ass kicked for a good 3-minutes straight before we go to a commercial, once we return the match is at the 5-minute mark and the Naturals are in control. I guess the whole commercial was the Naturals heat, cause when we return they go straight into Harris’ hot tag. The match breaks down, and Harris goes for the Catatonic, but Andy Douglas distracts the ref, as CANDIDO LEAPS OUT OF THE WHEELCHAIR AND NAILS HARRIS IN THE HEAD WITH THE CAST ON HIS ARM, Chase covers him for the win. Candido quickly runs back into the wheelchair and sells the injuries before smiling and laugh, before going back to selling. FUCK YEAH! CANDIDO IS THE GREATEST. RIPCandido :( **3/4

Video Package on the 6-Man, Lethal Lockdown match.

Raven & Abyss vs. Jeff Hardy & AJ Styles
This gets the special 30 minutes main event, even though no title is on the line or nothing is up for grabs. I remember young 13-year-old Fab use to love this match, it’s also one of my favorite concepts put all the guys in the big money PPV matches in a tag match, on the go home show and let them go out and work. AJ is clearly head and shoulders above everyone in this match, he does some great offense stuff towards Raven but he makes the mistake of trying to show off right in front of Abyss by hitting a springboard move, so Abyss shakes the ropes and AJ lands ribs first onto the top rope. This leads to the heels working over AJ, they target AJ’s head and neck it’s cool but it’s mostly due to AJ’s huge bumping and shit. Raven sets up a table on the floor and Abyss goes to through him through but AJ counters and Jeff has a shitty hot tag leading to the match breaking down. AJ randomly going back to selling the ribs after them not being worked on for 10 minutes is pretty funny. The match ends when Raven holds up Jeff as Abyss wraps a chain around his fist, he goes to hit Jeff with it but AJ sacrifices himself and gets hit instead. The ref calls for the DQ. **3/4

After the match; Raven this Jeff with the Evanflow as Abyss places a chair sandwiched into the turnbuckles. He then stands AJ up and whips him with the chain. Raven then throws Jeff through the table set up on the floor. ABYSS ISN’T DOWN, HE WRAPS THE CHAIN AROUND AJ’S NECK AND PULLS HIM INTO THE CHAIR IN THE CORNER! FUCKIN AWESOME BEATDOWN! Security finally comes down and tend to AJ and Jeff. EMT’s come out and place AJ on the stretched but Abyss shoves them off and AJ fights for his life.

vCfgstk.gif

The match wasn’t as great as I remembered, but the post match stuff is still awesome.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

Ll1vf9S.gif

TNA Lockdown
April 24th, 2005
Orlando, Florida

I’m pretty sure you all know the story by now. It was originally supposed to be a PPV with the last two matches being inside a cage. But during one pre-production meeting. Dusty made a joke about having all the matches be inside a cage, and Dixie thought it was a genius and used her stroke to make it an all STELL CAGE PPV! Yeah.

Kevin Nash has a staph infection on his knee and is out of tonight's main event match.

Chris Candido & Lance Hoyt vs. Apolo & Sonny Siaki
Well here it, it was originally supposed to be Kid Kash in this but a few days prior he was fired for shitting on TNA in interviews. So he’s partly to blame for this. Candido broke his leg when Siaki landed on it after a flying dropkick a minute in. He gets helped to the back, so it leaves Lance vs Apolo/Sonny for 5 minutes which sucked. They do stuff I don’t care; Apolo/Sonny win. After the match; The Naturals come out and beat down Lance because he sucks and is partly to blame for Candido’s life L. *1/2

Backstage: Dusty makes AMW/Team Canada a strap match, first names of Lethal Lockdown are……..JEFF JARRETT and Sean Waltman.

Prince of Darkness match: Bobby Roode (w/Scott D’Amore & A1) vs. Dustin Rhoades
As stated on Impact, it’s a 2/3 falls match. First two falls are singles matches and if a 3rd fall is necessary it will be a blindfold match. Fuckin’ TNA match. This feud has nothing to do with blinding someone or what ever angle is needed for a blindfold. Fuckin’ Dusty man. He might have been the worse Booker in history. This gets 15 minutes and didn’t need it and the cage also hinders it a lot. Like a minute in, Roode rolls up Dustin and uses the ropes for leverage for three. But the count was so poor that no one could tell if it was 3 or not. It took Mike like another minute to confirm. Also, the announcer didn’t even say that was the first fall so the crowd probably have no idea. They then proceed to have an 11-minute match, it’s fine but they were clearly told to use the cage just once and then never use it again. So they do moves and stuff, Roode hits the Northen Lariat and Dustin gets his foot on the ropes. FUCKIN’ ROPE BREAKS INSIDE A CAGE! Roode has the Bulldog scouted, so Dustin has to hit one off the top rope for the three. 1-1. Blindfold portion of the match, completely kills the match. D'Amore throws a chair in and accidentally hits Scott with it. Riley runs out to give Dustin directions, and he hits Roode with the chair to win. Only 2 matches in and we’re already got an interference in a fuckin cage. Great job. TNA. **

Backstage: Shane Douglas is with Chris Daniels, Daniels says the last time he walked inside 6 sides of steel he bleeds buckets to keep Triple X alive, but this X (the X-Division title) means more to me than Triple X ever did. So Skipper asks yourself this…….Skipper then marches over and says the world is watching and the time is right.

Xscape Match: Michael Shane (w/Trinity) vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Chris Sabin vs. Shocker
Petty Trinity :lmao going after Tracy’s sloppy seconds to get under her skin. So, this. The rules are two wrestlers have to be eliminated via pin or submission then the final two, it’s escape only. God damn TNA. I love how Shockers only credibility is his appearance in a Mac D’s commercial, that’s all Mike and Don talk about when Shocker is brought up. Nothing about his Mexico run. It’s Mac D’s or nothing lol. Once again they do that stupid formula of a tag match, we get all possible pairings and some double teams but he cage hindering the spots and dives. FUCKIN’ TNA MAN! The match breaks down after long 8 minutes of nothing, for some reason, they start breaking up pins because the stipulation is stupid and all the wrestlers, agents are Blue. Shane hits Dutt with a superkick and shocker follows up with some spinning peoples elbow adjace to eliminate him. Trinity hits a moonsault and takes out all the men, Tracy runs out because she needs the spotlight on her. Shane throws her out but as he turns around he walks into a Future shock by Sabin and Shane is eliminated. It’s down to Shocker and Sabin, they do the race to the floor spot and Shocker hits the floor first for the win. UGH! **

Tables Match: Raven vs. Jeff Hardy
I guess these two could have had a somewhat passable gimmick match, with some of Jeff’s dives and spots and Raven’s psychology but the cage completely fucks it. I like that Jeff is out for revenge so he goes right at Raven hitting him with a chair, so Jeff throws him through a table.END MATCH RIGHT?!?!?! No, fuckin’ Mike says you have to drive your opponent through a table to win. FUCKIN’ TNA. MAN. Jeff goes for the Swanton off the top of the cage but Raven moves at the very last second and Hardy crashes through the table. They continue on and on it seems, the only highlight is Raven using part of a broken table to stab Hardy in the head. For some reason, Jeff tries to escape but then tries this god awful looking splash but Raven gets a leg up. Raven sets up a stack of 2 on 2 tables. They fight up top but raven lands elegantly on the table and Jeff hits a flying leg drop crashing through raven and the tables for the win. *3/4

ffQXWea.gif

Strap match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Team Canada (Eric Young & Petey Williams w/A-1) vs. America’s Most Wanted
I think this is also a flag match too because both Canadian and American flags are set up on top of the cage. About a minute in, A-1 nails both members of AMW with the tag titles. They lock Harris out of the cage giving the Canadian’s the 2-1. For some reason, Eric and Petey don’t utilize the straps and if they do it’s usually to wrap it around their firsts or forearms for clubbing blows. Petey takes down the USA flag and begins choking Storm with it until the ref takes the flag and puts it to the floor on the outside. DA FUCK?!> Storm has this awesome mini-comeback, he begins whipping the shit out of Young, but Petey catches him with a running up the cage tornado DDT. After a solid 8 minutes, Harris finally takes out A-1 and climbs back into the cage. It’s basically a Harris hot tag, nice Team Canada double team has Petey lock storm in the sharpshooter and Young comes off the top rope with an elbow drop for two. Late in the match, Petey tried to use powder, but it got kicked back into his eyes. As he was blinded, he accidentally hit Eric with the Destroyer, and AMW hit Eric with the Death Sentence to win. I like the change up, with the heels doing everything that can to cheat and even the 2-1 for the majority match was good, just a shame Petey is trash and Young couldn’t over bump all over the ring and floor. **1/2 - **3/4

95XqcYA.gif

X-Division Championship: “Primetime” Elix Skipper vs. Christopher Daniels
So over the weekend, Daniels defended the title in England and Scottland, so I guess it’s now the World X-Division Championship, yeah I’m not calling it that. Really good opening minutes, tons of counters, reversals, one upmanship. They really play off former tag team and both know one another like the back of their hand. Skipper begins getting the upper hand, so Daniels out of desperation rams him into the cage and Skipper hurts his shoulder. Daniels targets it and it’s great, lots of different arm holds, he even uses the ropes to bend and twist Skippers' arm. Skipper, for the most part, does a good job selling, until his comeback and it all goes out the window. They trade near falls and they tease Skipper walking the cage again, but Daniels quickly bails so Skipper hits a crossbody off the top. Daniels has sudden death scouted and grabs the ropes, he then uses Skipper momentum to hit the Angels Wings for the win. ***

Backstage: Dusty pulls out the 3rd for Lethal Lockdown, the Outlaw. This is dumb, why are they telling us who comes out next. The whole point of war games is to not know who comes out next. FUCKIN’ TNA!

Lethal Lockdown: Team NashDDP vs. Team Jarrett
Low-level War games adjace, Sean and Jeff start, Sean doesn’t even wait until Jeff makes it down the ramp before he goes after him. They brawl into the crowd and back to the ring. That takes up the opening 5 minutes of the one-on-one. The Outlaw comes out, a new person comes out after every 2 minutes. It’s a pretty generic weapons cage match. Heels have the advantage until he fresh face comes out to even the odds, it’s nothing we haven’t seen before. DDP is forth, Monty is 5 and BG JAMES IS NASH’S REPLACEMENT. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Once everyone gets in it’s another 3 more minutes of weapons shots until Sean hits Monty with the X-Factor and some weird looking roll-up for the win. SMH! At Monty being the one to get pinned. Only good thing coming out of this is, it’s DDP’s last match in TNA. On to bigger and better like saving things for him.

AJ Styles/Abyss video package airs.

#1 Contenders Match: AJ Styles vs. Abyss
So here it is, this is one of the 6 or 7 matches why I even started reviewing and rewatching this year. It’s also the match that put AJ Styles into that upper tier same level as Benoit, TripsGOD, and Austin. I was always an AJ fan from the very first show, but it took until this match for me to go this guy is might be the best wrestler on earth for 2005. This is also Abyss’ best match, which isn’t saying much because it’s Abyss but still. I love that in one of the interviews on Impact AJ says he isn’t afraid of Abyss but he is afraid of why Abyss can do, so he goes out and takes the fight right to the big man. He hits this awesome running somersault dive onto Abyss. They brawl on the floor and as Abyss goes to whip AJ into the rails AJ FUCKIN SLIDES UNDERNEATH AND HITS A ‘RANA. They brawl into the crowd and back down, cool spot is Abyss is looking for AJ but he’s in the crowd and hits his flying forearm over the fans. Dope. They brawl back to the cage door and out of desperation ABYSS NAILS AJ IN THE RIBS WITH THE DOOR, HE THEN NAILS AJ IN THE HEAD WITH THE CAGE DOOR, MORE IMPORTANTLY, THE STEEL POLE BIT FOR ONE OF THE MOST BRUTAL SPOTS EVER! AJ is busted open. Abyss throws in his chain and brings out a bag of thumbtacks into the ring. Both men enter the ring and the match officially begins. AWESOME 7 MINUTES MINUTES! This is the best AJ performance maybe of all time, his bumping, selling, showing heart and fighting out of desperation he’s putting on a clinic and making Abyss look like a monster. Abyss isn’t completely useless as he throws AJ around with no remorse is great. AWESOME SPOT! He wraps one of the turnbuckles with the steel chain and catapults AJ face first into it who takes an amazing bump off it. Fuckin’ AJ he’s even making a vice grip look like it hurt. They do a couple more awesome spots, e.g. AJ countering a throw into the cage into a DDT onto the steel. AJ kicks out of the black hole slam so Abyss gets the tacks out, he goes to powerbomb AJ into them but AJ counters and hits Abyss with the styles clash into them but only for a two count. AJ goes to climb out, but he Abyss throws the ref into the steel, he then grabs the chain and tries to hang AJ but AJ fights out and manages to hit a sunset flip off the top of the cage into the thumbtacks for the win. ALL TIME AMAZING MATCH! Top 3 all time TNA match. It still holds up, I recommend. AJGAWD. ****1/2

yaLAZBY.gif
ydSGt66.gif
bRfOWQs.gif
AlABKMa.gif

Reactions: Deezy