Time to get a little serious

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I can't take John Cena seriously right now. Lets put the promos and everything of that nature aside. He wears sweatbands, tennis shoes and jorts to the ring. His theme song is an outdated rap song from 2004 and he has scrapped rap from his character completely. Watching 12 Rounds, I came to the conclusion that Cena wouldn't be half as bad if he cleaned up and became a little more serious. Now this isn't suggesting a heel turn at all but I would like to see him stop getting redneck military haircuts and start gaining a more serious look and image. A better theme song and evolve his character into someone people above the age of 12 can get behind.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
What if Cena ended up being the leader of Nexus........ >_>.........

Axis

Reaction score
Why should the WWE make him into somebody that people over 12 can get behind? Not many self-respecting people over the age of 12 are likely to wear wrestling merchandise, and that age demography is virtually monopolized by MMA as far as combative competition goes.

CMS

Reaction score
I don't have that much of a problem with his clothing. He wears, as all the wrestlers, his shirt (albeit his is horrible), his jorts (wha would be his trunks) and his sweatbands (what would be his wristbands, elbow pads, you get the drift). It's just what he wears, and at this point in time, seeing Cena in spandex instead of jorts just wouldnt fly.

I just hate his promos. I could actually get behind Cena if he just stopped reacting like an idiot. His horrible humor is what keeps people from getting behind him. Should he just be a little more serious, and be the ass kicking machine he was at the end of the last Raw for example more often than not instead of screaming "Mustard and Boloni and god knows what other crap he says".

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Screw the merchandise arguement. HHH, Edge, Orton, Santino sell plenty of shirts. I consider his attire apart of his old rap gimmick that he has put behind him.

Reaction score
Cena needs to turn into a badass heel, his character is stale and boring as fuck. They need to do it just like what was done with Hogan did back in the 90's.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
lol. Are we talking about Cena's look again. Screw just altering his look. He needs a gimmick change as a whole imo. His promos are the main thing that gets to me. His kiss ass-ness, lame ass jokes, etc. I just can't stand it. It'sto the point when he gets serious, he's still a joke.

I just hate his promos. I could actually get behind Cena if he just stopped reacting like an idiot. His horrible humor is what keeps people from getting behind him. Should he just be a little more serious, and be the ass kicking machine he was at the end of the last Raw for example more often than not instead of screaming "Mustard and Boloni and god knows what other crap he says".

Yessir.

-TJ-

Reaction score
Cena can be good with his current gimmick. He fights for the fans, the only problem is almost every show he says something childish and meant to be funny, but it isn't.

andy31652

Reaction score
I hate his half witted jokes then quickly turn into serious threat promos, plus when he wins he has that puppy dog look... wtf?