This is why we need a schedule

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Write for your own characters?

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
KaiserGlider said:
Yeah, that's pretty much it. This fed seems like its just 7 people writing the stuff and the rest being unable to participate. Personally I don't see the appeal in that, but it's you guy's fed to run any way you want.

Once again, this e-fed thing is just like the real deal.
WWE!! Pure the same thing.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
No writing for yourself, just some neutural ppl.
Else you have 20 top guys in one fed.
NOT WORKING!!

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The only thing I don't like about us owners writing stuff is because we are going to be biased and who wants to write themselves losing? I rather have writers write out a story for my character and see what happens.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, but that have to come from the immortality, power and charisma of your character.

KaiserGlider

Jobber
Reaction score
Jose Tortilla said:
Once again, this e-fed thing is just like the real deal.
WWE!! Pure the same thing.

So... the wwe creative team wrestle all the matches and cut all the promos?

I don't know, maybe its just me, but I don't see the appeal of joining a fed where you don't do anything.

Else you have 20 top guys in one fed.
NOT WORKING!!

Well, if every single writer is an egomaniac who doesn't know how to make their character and the character they are writing with look good despite a win or a loss... that's whats going to happen, yeah. But you shouldn't have that problem with a good booking team. That's their job. To determine who moves up or down the card based on the quality of material the writers are putting forth. But since the 7 writers in this Fed write AND book for every single character... you might as well just push whoever you want.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
I voted no.
Will explain when I come home.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
I voted no.
Will explain when I come home.
Hardly surprising.

Thewindyfan said:
The only thing I don't like about us owners writing stuff is because we are going to be biased and who wants to write themselves losing? I rather have writers write out a story for my character and see what happens.

BOOKERS BOOK WHO WINS/LOSE! That is what bookers do!!!!!! IN THE REAL LIFE. If you write yourself losing in a very entertaining/imaginative/creative way then the creative team might not let you lose. That's how you go up/down the ladder, along with booking feuds/angles.

Also, if I could see who voted no I imagine most, if not all, are already on the creative team. Us, who created characters, have jack all involvement. Imagine how boring that is. It's like creating a player on FIFA and watching someone else play with him. Not being able to control what he does. How boring would that be? Sitting there, watching someone else play FIFA?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Adam, what happens if one person refuses to lose? It's a potential pitfall no, I'm waiting to see how this goes at it doesn't really bother me either way, but it does have some negative sides. Like problems with people submitting pieces, the standard of work and people who don't have excellent English being held back, not because of content but because of grammatical errors. Your Fifa metaphor is valid but I never thought of it that way, rather you're creating a character on WWE 12, uploading it to character creations, then someone else comes in and makes a story with it and re-uploads it. If this doesn't get passed your welcome to submit some writing for your character which may be added. Making it not a standard for people to do but an optional extra.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Adam, you don't need exceptional grammar skills. People just need to know what's you're writing, and have an idea of the content behind it.
The staff and myself are really relaxed here, so if you find yourself stumped, or just want your piece to be grammatically corrected, just PM one of us, we will help you out, we just won't make your story for you since the whole idea is to see how creative people are.. That makes it tons more interesting for the readers, and even the writers.. More so the writers, because you can be as creative as you want.

Me, @[seabs] and @[Dolph'sZiggler] have exceptional grammatic skills. We're always glad to help as well, so just drop us a PM :)

By the way, I picked Nay because it would make it unfair because your decision would be completely biased, unless the bookers told you who was going to win, and how long it would take, then I could see you writing about your own character.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
seabs said:
Adam, what happens if one person refuses to lose? It's a potential pitfall no, I'm waiting to see how this goes at it doesn't really bother me either way, but it does have some negative sides. Like problems with people submitting pieces, the standard of work and people who don't have excellent English being held back, not because of content but because of grammatical errors. Your Fifa metaphor is valid but I never thought of it that way, rather you're creating a character on WWE 12, uploading it to character creations, then someone else comes in and makes a story with it and re-uploads it. If this doesn't get passed your welcome to submit some writing for your character which may be added. Making it not a standard for people to do but an optional extra.

If a character refuses to obey bookers orders then they're kicked out of the Federation. It's not hard. Obviously you can talk to the bookers about potential feuds/matches/spots w/e but at the end of the day it's the (head) bookers decision about who wins/loses in single matches or feuds.

YES BOOKERS TELL YOU WHO WILL WIN, WHO WILL LOSE, WHO LOOKS STRONG, WHO LOOKS WEAK, WHAT SOME SPOTS ARE, WHAT THE FINISH IS AND EVERYTHING ELSE RELATED TO THE MATCH YOU ARE WRITING.

It seems people are glazing over the above. That's what bookers are. I feel like banging my head against a brick wall a few thousand times.

I don't understand 2 things, Static. 1, why you refer to yourself in the same breath as staff because you're not, you're not even part of the creative team of this federation.. I don't even understand your post. 2, What's wrong with my grammar? A Level English literature, ya' dig?

"The whole idea is to see how creative people are" by... not writing for themselves? How does that work?

I didn't want this poll, I didn't ask for it. You run your federation how you want to run it. Just because I mis understood what this was it doesn't mean I want it changed. I'm just not interested in it with no involvement.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I added in the poll to see if people want it tbh, if it wins we'll probably implement it. If it doesn't we'll carry on it's just to see whether the majority wants it tbh. It makes sense to me to leave it as an optional extra, where anyone who doesn't go for it gets written for.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
You didn't want it otherwise it would've been that in the first place.

tbh tbh tbh tbh tbh tbh

In any case, I can see it's a thousand against 2 and people aren't reading my posts so I ain't fussed.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie I wasn't in charge of the format that goes down to Zamorakian and Jonathan. I've read your posts and you make valid points, that's why I added in the poll. It all comes down to what the majority wants. I'm not a fan of this being implemented so early anyway but the majority wanted it so they got it. People are reading your posts but we've still got the problem of we want to put the best show on possible, which isn't going to be what we get if we have people who are struggling to write a quality piece. If you kick people who can't write a quality piece on a limited roster, we're fucked. We need as many wrestlers as possible currently other wise this will not work.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
Your audience for the show will be very little to no one.

If a lot of people are involved (writing for their characters) then they'll read the whole show and compare their segments to others and see how they can improve. As characters writing for themselves only, they don't know what the whole show is, who wins etc etc so it makes it interesting especially because they're involved. At the moment, I can see only the creative team being interested in the shows but you already know who wins? I don't know, it just doesn't seem like any fun to me.

Also, by 'you' I meant the team behind the federation. I wasn't singling you out.