This is why we need a schedule

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Write for your own characters?

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
Adam said:
I thought we write our own matches, promos and segments so there's contrasting writing styles throughout the federation instead of the same 4 writers.

That, sir, has never happened in E-Fed history as far as I'm concerned whom have been part of E-Feds for a very long long time.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
That would cause so much trouble if you wrote your own matches. That's impossible.

Writing segments is possible sure, that gives you involvement. The whole point is you submit a character you created from starch and watch what it achieves in the fed. You can't have complete control over it else what's the point?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
If you wrote your own matches, wouldn't two be written? Not to mention the potential for bias. Adam if you want to be involved why don't you submit a piece and become a writer?

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
I dislike Crayo's idea of you writing the promo, because it then means people know what's happening when they're not supposed to.

I don't approve.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
Zamorakian said:
That, sir, has never happened in E-Fed history as far as I'm concerned whom have been part of E-Feds for a very long long time.

I'll try and get a point across. I've never been a part of an e-fed.

I got told this
Bookers book the matches/segments and then the people who's characters are in the match/segment write it. For example, if Thewindyfan made a match between Adam's and Crayo's characters, Adam and Crayo write the match.

So lets say Crayo writes for Undertaker and Adam writes for HHH, and the description of the match is this:

Match - Undertaker vs HHH (Crayo & Adam)

Both men give it their all in a tremendous contest. Triple H tries his hardest to put away the deadman, but ultimately falls victim to a Tombstone Piledriver, scoring Taker the win.

The typical thing that would happen is Adam would start the match off, maybe do the first half, then PM the match to Crayo to finish, since Crayo's character (Taker) is winning. Then once Crayo is finished, he PMs it to the bookers, who put it into the show. And of course Crayo and Adam could send the match back and forth to each other if they wanted, but the usual way is one person writes the first half, the other person (usually the one who wins) writes the second half and turns it in.

Hope that helps.

In the character discussion thread. That's the first bit of information I was told about about e feds so I got off there. I imagined a roleplaying federation.

I don't really want to be a part of this, it's not what I thought it was. You might as well have made up the characters yourselves for what it's worth.

Good luck with it anyway.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
Bookers book the winners and matches. That's what a booker does. Writes the spots and finishes.

IE>

Crayo wins using outside equipment (chair w/e) when the referee is distracted by Crayo's partner in crime seabs. Crowd boos, Crayo celebrates with seabs.

Anyway, whatever. I got the completely wrong idea.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It's messy though. Let's say an accomplished poster like yourself (decent grammar/vocabulary) goes up against someone who's mother tongue isn't English, it'd be a really messy and unproportionate segment. Having writers do it would create the same thing (if you write your promos to the writers) just the matches would be written by the writers.

Having writers write matches give creative a massive advantage for better story-lines, you can involve story-lines further into the matches. You have a much wider range of possibilities.

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
seabs said:
Adam, why don't you apply to be a writer? It's the same principle as what you've suggested.

We have already a packed creative team, we're more writers than we should be, remember?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Zamorakian said:
We have already a packed creative team, we're more writers than we should be, remember?

We don't SES dropped out meaning I have 3 segments right? So Adam could take the second segment.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
Crayo said:
It's messy though. Let's say an accomplished poster like yourself (decent grammar/vocabulary) goes up against someone who's mother tongue isn't English, it'd be a really messy and unproportionate segment. Having writers do it would create the same thing (if you write your promos to the writers) just the matches would be written by the writers.

Having writers write matches give creative a massive advantage for better story-lines, you can involve story-lines further into the matches. You have a much wider range of possibilities.
writing a match has no ramifications on storylines, that's what bookers are for and all matches are submitted to the booker to check over anyway.

Writing styles will mix which is what makes it good. Like wrestling styles. If you put Big Show up against CM Punk you'd get a clusterfuck of a match, you just wouldn't do it. Put CM Punk up against Daniel Bryan you'd get a good match.

Bad writer vs bad writer - bad match - undercard
Good writer vs bad writer - alright match - mid card
Good writer vs good writer - good match - main event

Writing styles equates to how much of a push your character gets. Writing style defines your career.

I'm knocking on a closed door here, anywho.

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
Adam said:
writing a match has no ramifications on storylines, that's what bookers are for and all matches are submitted to the booker to check over anyway.

Writing styles will mix which is what makes it good. Like wrestling styles. If you put Big Show up against CM Punk you'd get a clusterfuck of a match, you just wouldn't do it. Put CM Punk up against Daniel Bryan you'd get a good match.

Bad writer vs bad writer - bad match - undercard
Good writer vs bad writer - alright match - mid card
Good writer vs good writer - good match - main event

Writing styles equates to how much of a push your character gets. Writing style defines your career.

I'm knocking on a closed door here, anywho.

You're not a girl, you're that mature Adam that I know on the Internet ofcourse. You cannot drop out of this because of something like that? C'mon man let it go and lets just have fun and make some progress with all of this.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
Zamorakian said:
You're not a girl, you're that mature Adam that I know on the Internet ofcourse. You cannot drop out of this because of something like that? C'mon man let it go and lets just have fun and make some progress with all of this.

It's not about maturity. I just didn't understand e-fedding.

You can still use my character, that's all I had to do anyway, wasn't it? Create a character for you to use.

Also, what does gender have to do with maturity lol?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
That way is so complicated. It has too much responsibility on members. What if one writer doesn't come on for a week? Or a couple? With a consistent creative team the show will never lose quality week after week. You can have as much involvement as you want, that's what I'm saying. I'm sure you can write every promo and perhaps even your matches if you wanted, just prepare for them to be edited to fit in.

The whole point is to view week in week out what your character is doing now and enjoy the show, it's basically every IWC members dream, to create a wrestling fed that doesn't suck right? It's not an actual roleplay where you go head to head and stuff.