This Is My Yard Now

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Reigns, but I'm intrigued to see where they're going with him. I just hope wwe has learned from 2015/2016, and books him better now
I'd rather they continue booking him as they have previously, the reactions would stay epic. I love the dynamic certain babyfaces have with the live audiences in particular when someone is getting such a negative reaction as Roman does it's glorious.

Smg

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'd rather they continue booking him as they have previously, the reactions would stay epic. I love the dynamic certain babyfaces have with the live audiences in particular when someone is getting such a negative reaction as Roman does it's glorious.
What I really meant is that I just hope they don't have him conquer and/or bury any of their best competitors like he's done in the past, while continuously staying at the top of the card acting like/trying to be the hilarious funny good guy relatable superhero.

examples:

But yes, if WWE does it right, then any babyface roman goes up against will/has the ability to receive huge praise

Last edited:
Reactions: Geek773

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm just going to say, I haven't minded reigns for quite some time now. I may not agree with certain things, or how resilient he's been booked... but after WM33, it all makes sense.

They almost had to book him so strong in order to retire the undertaker. It only seems right.
Presenting him as a full on baby face is wrong, and now at this point a full on heel would be wrong too. Because that's what people want. Which would get him cheered.

I said in a post several months ago, as a joke at the time, "plot twist he's been heel all along".... well, maybe he has somewhat been.

Booing the guy is fun. Trust me. Being in a sea of 16,000+ joining in with the boos is amazing. Just amazing. I couldn't imagine 75,000.... omg 100,000 at 32 would have been epic.

All I'm saying is, if they're now going for the negative reaction then they should continue down this path. Maybe even have him beat lesnar at aummerslam. Although lesnar is a guy not many people really care about anymore. Not around enough to care.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I like it best promo I have seen yet from him.

Use him as a heel and yeah you have a new legit star IMHO. Apparently Taker chose him to put over along with in ring psychology up to the end (UT tried to sit up and fell down).

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Now is the time for him to change his look and get some new ring gear.

I think he could pull off a legit wrestler look, singlet, wrestling boots, and knee pads. Lose that goofy vest and long pants/boots look.

He should probably stay with the all black look, but his current look is so lame.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I like it best promo I have seen yet from him.

Use him as a heel and yeah you have a new legit star IMHO. Apparently Taker chose him to put over along with in ring psychology up to the end (UT tried to sit up and fell down).

His post-Shield break-up promo was great, as well. I mean, he's had some good promos over the years, honestly.

People crap on Reigns for having no mic skills, but he just needs the right material to work with and of course, Vince is a bit too hands on with the guy and reading things off the script won't come off well most of the time.

Plus, he's best with those short and to the point promos like the one he cut on RAW last week.

As far as turning him heel, I am all for it. I also wouldn't mind him as a tweener, I mean, I like Reigns, but pushing him as the top babyface again after last week's reactions would be meh.

Reactions: Smg

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Now is the time for him to change his look and get some new ring gear.

I think he could pull off a legit wrestler look, singlet, wrestling boots, and knee pads. Lose that goofy vest and long pants/boots look.

He should probably stay with the all black look, but his current look is so lame.

His gear is fine in my book. He just needs to drop that silly vest (and possibly start wearing a shirt) and change his music. That'd be perfect.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I'm sad that Undertaker is retired. But it's been a long time coming. The reason why Taker chose him to carry the torch is obviously because Vince McMahon sees something in him. Taker, as a show of respect to McMahon returned the favor. You think that Roman throwing out Taker at Royal Rumble was not scripted? No. It was scripted for Roman to take him out. Hence the marketing slogan "Remember the Rumble." That slogan was so fitting for WrestleMania 33. I was confounded at the slogan, but it wasn't until now, that I started to think "it makes sense now." This Royal Rumble was star studded, stuffed stock full of superstars that would sell tickets - that even Undertaker wanted part of it. Well, guess what? He's been scripted from the start to be there, and taken out of the ring by Roman Reigns.

The recent tweet by Vince McMahon, albeit late, has a weight to the story. This isn't "you'll see him again." This is it, his retirement. Done.

Vince has been waiting for Wrestlemania 33 so he can pull the trigger on Roman Reigns. And it worked. Look at that shit. When's the last time you saw 75,000 people booing a "face"? Not since Stone Cold Steve Austin. That's for sure. Bully Ray (also known as Bubba Ray) even says this is heat. Reigns can only go up from here. Vince was playing a long game with Reigns. This is going to be the next WWE Legend.

Now, all Reigns has to do is not fuck up. Just don't fuck up. Bubba Ray only wishes he was in your shoes right now, Reigns.

This is your fucking yard now, Reigns. Own the bitch.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Let's have Roman kick off a feud against a baby face tn to solidify this, but we might still see awkward Face Roman if the announcers choose to do so. (Fucking Micheal Cole that asshole)

Tonight I would say this, say more words, rip off the vest, get new theme music, less Super punches (those are cringe), more RIP spears like back from the shield days.