This Is My Yard Now

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The objective of a heel is to get booed

No shit.

People now boo people if they think they're not good or don't deserve their spot. So Reigns is there to get booed

Yes now.... They plan for Roman to suck hahahahaha! ...Common! Every excuse in the book

Roman was getting boo'd as the top face long before a heel turn was even a thought. He doesn't get boo'd because he's doing anything right, he gets boo'd because he sucks.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Roman was getting boo'd as the top face long before a heel turn was even a thought. He doesn't get boo'd because he's doing anything right, he gets boo'd because he sucks.

Actually, the booing only started recently. Most of the time he didn't get much of a reaction.
And he has never been declared a face nor a heel. He has been a tweener since late last year.

EDIT:

This is when he became a tweener. So April. So he has been getting boo'd since last Mania ended.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Yes. And that's exactly why they're putting him there - because people think he sucks.

He doesn't suck. He works a match well and he has good moves, but he tones down his skills to look worse than he is so people will hate him. He's not on the level of Neville or Rollins or Ambrose or Balor or Styles in my opinion either, but that's the whole point. If one of those guys ("someone good") were the top heel then they'd be cheered. And they need their top heel to be booed. So they let Roman do that.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Actually you are right... The booing started when he won the rumble in 2015 so it has been going for sometime. I will give you that Moe
BUT he doesn't suck and what they are doing with him now... Well, it is just...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Roman's reaction is based off of a backlash based off of accused (and somewhat rightly accused) nepotism. But if you don't think Vince is milking that reaction to suit his needs then you're probably watching the wrong programming. Vince always takes a natural reaction and adapts it if it serves his purpose. They did it with the Rock (who everyone HATED when he first debuted and got his first push) and they have been doing it with Cena for the better part of 10 years.

I think Roman might have had an easier time transitioning as the main guy if people didn't get the perspective that WWE was choosing him over Daniel Bryan.

I understand the nepotism argument and I am sure that has a lot to do with it. But I don't think that's the main thing right now. I think the crux of this hatred was the fans' perception that the WWE is telling them who to like despite the fact that the fans had already told WWE what they wanted. WWE kept pushing Reigns when Daniel Bryan was clearly the choice of the crowd. And yeah, Daniel Bryan had a reckless styles that was prone to injuries. But the majority of his fans (wrongly) didn't really care about that. They wanted to see him regardless.

WWE, on the other hand, wanted Roman. So it was an issue of the fans clearly telling WWE what they wanted and the fans thinking that WWE was telling the fans "We know better than you." People don't like being told what they should or should not like.

Daniel Bryan, however, quit being a factor when he retired. But fans are stubborn. Those feelings grew past Bryan and now are just a general feeling of "Don't tell us what to like." And so many people are clamoring for him to be a heel, but WWE isn't prepared to do that either. So to those fans, it's still telling fans what they should like. "You should like Roman as a face."

Personally, I don't think Reigns would have gotten a nepotism backlash if it hadn't been for the whole Daniel Bryan thing. But then again, I know a lot of people were also irritated when he won Superstar of the Year in 2014 despite doing little that year and being injured for several months.

Reactions: Smg

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yes. And that's exactly why they're putting him there - because people think he sucks.

He doesn't suck. He works a match well and he has good moves, but he tones down his skills to look worse than he is so people will hate him. He's not on the level of Neville or Rollins or Ambrose or Balor or Styles in my opinion either, but that's the whole point. If one of those guys ("someone good") were the top heel then they'd be cheered. And they need their top heel to be booed. So they let Roman do that.

Honestly, these are the reasons I don't like Roman:

1. Overreliance on the superman punch, which seems a silly move to me.
2. Cocking his wrist before doing the superman punch.
3. Roaring before a spear.
4. Wearing that damn vest.

Honestly, if he stopped doing these things, I would have no reason to complain about them. But they just come across as incredibly stupid to me.. much like the five knuckle shuffle, which is a reason I have always disliked Cena. It's a dumb move.

I personally don't think Roman sucks. But as long as he does things that severely irritate me, I just have a hard time enjoying watching him wrestle.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yes. And that's exactly why they're putting him there - because people think he sucks

They don't THINK he sucks.... they're NOT ENTERTAINED by him, he's boring, at everything.

WWE wanted him as the face of the company the minute they met him. It had nothing to do with sucking & it still doesn't. They want him at the top because Vince is horny for his muscles & he's The Rock's cousin

He doesn't suck. He works a match well

Already explained this so scroll up... Not going in circles. Dude is ok... If you're running some local indy promotion. But don't say he's the best wrestler in the entire world because it's crap. He should not be in the top spot in the industry within the top company in the world, It's BS.

but he tones down his skills to look worse than he is so people will hate him. He's not on the level of Neville or Rollins or Ambrose or Balor or Styles in my opinion either, but that's the whole point. If one of those guys ("someone good") were the top heel then they'd be cheered. And they need their top heel to be booed. So they let Roman do that.

Dude! There isn't any toned down style... It's the exact same style he started with & the same style as when WWE decided they wanted him as the top face of the company, which they still do by the way. If you think there's 2 different styles of this guy then I dunno if I can help you or it's just one of two things & that's 1: You're making it up or 2: You don't know what you're looking at in a match.

There is NO plans to make him a traditional heel, modern day heel or any other type of heel. If you don't think that Vince McMahon wants this guy as the top face of his company then you don't know Vince McMahon very well.

Even if they DID turn him heel, they're goal is still the same in the end... Make Roman the top guy & get him over. He's not getting over & him as the top guy is BS. They of course, once again can do whatever they like but nobody is buying it.

Last edited:

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
BUT he doesn't suck and what they are doing with him now... Well, it is just..."Wonderful"

He sucks compared to everyone else... yet he's at the top because of his family. He's lame & boring AF not to mention. He needs to be on the midcard.

ALSO ....They're not doing ANYTHING DIFFERENT with the guy! The plan is to make him the top face of the company, it's still the same FREAKING GOAL!

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I personally don't think Roman sucks. But as long as he does things that severely irritate me, I just have a hard time enjoying watching him wrestle.

I certainly don't think he's horrible but I hate how he gets to be labelled as the top wrestler IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, which is just the most ridiculous concept ever with all the talent out there & I'm not just talking about in the ring. STILL RIDICULOUS! ...He's not even close. It's BS & never mind the fact that it isn't fair to the guys I want to see... the main reason is I & the others who obviously don't like him, don't get to see those guys who deserve it as they entertain us way better & we are very bored with Roman.

Roman is at the top because that's who Vince wants & he makes his audience suffer because of it. That's the only reason he's on top, because Vince is childlike.

It's his company of course so go ahead, but don't tell me I HAVE to like the guy or try to convince people he's the very best in the world because I will say he's not even fucking close.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Moe, you just told me he sucks more than anyone but then said you don't think he is horrible.

I mean I get it.. This is wrestling and part of it is picking who you like/dislike and cheering or booing them. It seems like he isn't the issues for you though, it is the company.
Is it really fair to pin it all on him when he is just doing what he is told?

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Moe, you just told me he sucks more than anyone but then said you don't think he is horrible.

I mean I get it.. This is wrestling and part of it is picking who you like/dislike and cheering or booing them. It seems like he isn't the issues for you though, it is the company.
Is it really fair to pin it all on him when he is just doing what he is told?

I said compared to the rest of the WWE roster & alot of other talent out there. Compared to just a wrestler however, I've seen much worse. He shouldn't be in the top spot that's for damn sure bud.

I never said I blame it all on him either but I'm not going to accept him as the top guy in the industry because it's crap

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I said compared to the rest of the WWE roster & alot of other talent out there. Compared to just a wrestler however, I've seen much worse. He shouldn't be in the top spot that's for damn sure bud.

I never said I blame it all on him either but I'm not going to accept him as the top guy in the industry because it's crap

Fair enough. I am sure there are others who are more deserving but I am also sure they know things we don't. Being the next "Cena" in terms of work load is a lot to handle. It is more than just promoing and having good matches. I think that is a big factor in who they choose and why they chose him.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Fair enough. I am sure there are others who are more deserving but I am also sure they know things we don't. Being the next "Cena" in terms of work load is a lot to handle. It is more than just promoing and having good matches. I think that is a big factor in who they choose and why they chose him.

Agreed but they have a world of guys to choose from so I'm also certain that his family was probably an enormous factor as well.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Agreed but they have a world of guys to choose from so I'm also certain that his family was probably an enormous factor as well.

If they made a mistake with him, time will be the factor that tells us.