This Is My Yard Now

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Until Roman beats Lesnar, it's Lesnar's yard. And yeah, it will probably happen, but at least we know Brock will give Roman a butt kicking.

Good point.

And Lesnar vs Reigns from WM 31 was very good and had a real fight feel to it. It was fun, so I'm looking forward to it again.

Reactions: Mr. Roman Empire

Patriot Pants

LDW Champion (855+ days)
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
I'll be honest, I always liked Reigns. Not all the time, but most of the time. Maybe its because I have a deep respect for any wrestler? Who knows.

What I do know is that he retired the Deadman (even though I wish someone else did, but that is besides the point), and the fans voiced their opinions all during that segment. They were more involved than I've seen them in a loooong time. It was nice. His one liner sealed the deal that Roman is going to be a top guy, whether you like it or not ... And I'm alright with it. Even though I'd rather see Finn, AJ, Seth, and maybe Dean at the top, Roman will do fine.

"That's just my opinion though, don't have to go spread it around." - Joker, Mass Effect

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Worked that crowd perfectly, he's awesome.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Worked that crowd perfectly, he's awesome.

Which goes to prove what I've always said about him. Given the right circumstances, he can do great. WWE has just sucked on giving him the right circumstances. They need to do more of what they did on Raw. That is the Roman I have been wanting to see.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Roman was great in that segment and he did what he could dragging 52 year old Undertaker's corpse around for that match. Taker is the greatest performer in the history of Wrestlemania, but he should have hung it up a long time ago. Reigns is maybe not ready to full on lead a match, but he stepped it up and did what he could with a gassed up old man on glass knees.

the segment on RAW and how he handled that was top class. Big dawg is dawging.

As for the whole ignore Reigns thing. I don't get why people who are openly and consciously ignoring the guy take time out of their days to still go into threads (not just on this site mind you, this happens all over the web) to post about how they ignore him and how others should to. If you have already made the decision that you are going to ignore a performer you are obviously not going to change your mind soon, and neither are the people who actually enjoy Reigns and thus are starting the threads and discussing him.

Just seems weird to me. If I don't like something I just stay away from it and spend that time discussing stuff I do like.

Reactions: Solidus1

Wrasslemaniac

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I think Reigns technically can work better as a tweener than a full on heel. He doesnt have it in him to be proper bad guy heel but the crowd hate him enough to tease it.

"I'm not a bad guy, I'm not a good guy, i'm the guy" promo and now "this is my yard" promos. He can play the smug tweener here rather than actually go full heelwhich despite not being a fan of Reigns, i quite like him going down that route. The problem is there isn't a bigger heel for reigns to play off of to lean more towards the face side. They can try build lesnar as that, but it won't work because people love to see him dominate other wrestlers and send them to suplex city.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I think Reigns technically can work better as a tweener than a full on heel. He doesnt have it in him to be proper bad guy heel but the crowd hate him enough to tease it.

200.gif

This is something I hope other people start seeing. A lot of Youtubee comments seem to have this idea that he HAS to be one or the other. :nope:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The people commenting clearly didn't know what Austin was then, he pretty much popularised that type of character

Undertaker was considered a tweener for a chunk of his career as well. I don't get why people have to demand something be done... But hey it works for Roman.
The fans who continue to hate him and demand they turn him heel will only continue to put him over as one of the best heels in history. I think that is hilarious considering he isn't even a heel yet. lol

Reactions: Wrasslemaniac

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
This is honestly the best thing they've done with reigns the entire time. Never heard a reaction quite like this. Honestly it was the perfect setup. Idk if this was their plan all along or they decided it was going to be, but my hats off to WWE for making a lame ass face into a mixed feelings somewhat heel, that doesn't need to say anything really, his actions speak louder than words.

Reigns isn't the big dog just yet, however. It seems that they've been prepping this fight between Brock reigns for a couple years now. Brock and reigns are the only 2 that have slain the deadman at mania. Brock broke the streak, but Roman retired taker. They go hand in hand. This is all leading to an insane brawl at summerslam and throughout 2017. I'm sure they'll both beat each other once and then the end result will be Roman beating Brock. Brock beating Goldberg prove for certain that he's the man, and Roman beating taker proved he's on Brock's level. It's a great setup actually for what could become one of the craziest feuds in WWE history. Kudos WWE.