This Is My Yard Now

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
If you didn't watch Raw you may not understand this and it may be a bit of a spoiler so if you don't like spoilers, stop reading here.

200.gif

Okay so for me, I had many doubts on what they are going to do with Roman after he essentially retired the Undertaker. I assumed we would see a Brock vs Roman thing start to build... but we didn't, not yet. I feel like what they had Roman do on Raw was FANTASTIC! He worked off the heat of the crowd and his promo was a simple one liner - "This is my yard now". That was all that needed to be said. The crowd essentially gave him the right of passage as being the top guy in the company. He is officially the best heel in WWE history without every actually being a heel. Think about it.

This was cut down a lot but you will get the gist of what happened last night (lol):

In terms of booking Roman throughout the last, what, year and a half - I HATED IT. We all voiced out thoughts and most of us agreed that he was just becoming annoying. I think I understand now how they wanted to book Roman. They weren't ever trying to get him over as a face... or even as a heel... They weren't really even "trying" to get him over. They were allowing the fans to mold him, the make him, and to get him over and last night on Raw we seen it happen completely. (Or at least this is what I feel they were doing)

There were chants that straight up cursing and swearing, no joke. People were so angry that I couldn't help but enjoy it as much as Roman was. I haven't seen a crowd get that involved as one giant unit over one man in a long, long time. You may not like Roman but what they did, what he did, it worked out perfectly. Actually, I am quite shocked.

You may be asking "Why is this not in the RAW section?" right now... This is why...

When it comes to Roman Reigns, is it his yard now, really?
Or is there someone else who you feel surpasses him still?

If we look at the entire roster right now...
Is there really anyone else that can be at his level right now with the fans?

I honestly do not see anyone getting a bigger reaction than he has gotten and will continue to keep getting.
The only thing that can surpass him right now with fan reactions would be a return that will never happen (cryman punk).

What are your thoughts?

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Either you like him or not, this proved that Roman is the top guy. Find me one video of a reaction that was just as loud for just as long as this to prove me wrong.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Roman got massive heat last night and he was being a smug asshole throughout that segment and I loved it.

It was great, especially when he pointed to his hand and mouthed "I got them in the palm of my hand" and then he dropped that one line and left.

Hopefully it means he's on the road to heel city. They should totally capitalize on his heat for retiring The Deadman.

When it comes to Roman Reigns, is it his yard now, really?
Or is there someone else who you feel surpasses him still?

As for this. Well, in kayfabe, it really is his yard now because he just retired the greatest WM performer of all time.

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
That was good, if they keep having Roman work off the crowd and keep this smug-but-tough heel persona, I think he could be great. He's got the tools to be great, he just needs the right writing

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It didn't prove anything to me...because I didn't watch the segment...

[HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]

You should watch it, though, whether you like him or not.

The crowd was absolutely electric for like 10 minutes and Reigns got nuclear heat. It was really great.

Reactions: Mr. Roman Empire

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
That was good, if they keep having Roman work off the crowd and keep this smug-but-tough heel persona, I think he could be great. He's got the tools to be great, he just needs the right writing

I just hope they work with the heat. They can easily tank this. I swear, the lucked out on this. lol

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Until Roman beats Lesnar, it's Lesnar's yard. And yeah, it will probably happen, but at least we know Brock will give Roman a butt kicking.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Until Roman beats Lesnar, it's Lesnar's yard. And yeah, it will probably happen, but at least we know Brock will give Roman a butt kicking.

That is actually a good point. Brock is essentially still the big dog. Just sucks he is a part timer. lol

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I'm sorry...but I'm done with him...I'm not watching any segment or match he's in...
And yes...
That means I haven't and will never watch the Wrestlemania 33 "main event"

[HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]

You commented in a thread about him... So you aren't ignoring him completely. :dawg:

*runs away*

200.gif