The WS Mental Health and Empathy Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Reactions: Swerve

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Gaffney, SC (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Support is the main thing that helps with mental health, and you are welcome for the support. Personally, I'll never overcome my mental health problems like Bipolar and such, but I have learned how to handle them and breaking old habits that were toxic slowly has been ease my mind, if that makes sense.
I have OCD so bad it makes Monica on Friends look normal. :sadpanda

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Doom and Alexa

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I legit had someone today tell me that being offended and upset is a choice, even after I told them that sometimes it's not and explained why for me, sometimes it's out of my control. Explained my depression, explained how the days I am down in the dump that even the smallest little things mess with me. That is completely out of my control. They tried to make me feel like I can just be happy by doing uplifting things, or not being on social media. Made me feel like they are discrediting my feelings and everything to fit their own opinion that people should just suck it up and not let things get to them. I damn wish I could just be happy, and put a smile on, and not let shit bother me. But it's not that easy. Really fucked up to tell someone with depression they choose to be upset.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I legit had someone today tell me that being offended and upset is a choice, even after I told them that sometimes it's not and explained why for me, sometimes it's out of my control. Explained my depression, explained how the days I am down in the dump that even the smallest little things mess with me. That is completely out of my control. They tried to make me feel like I can just be happy by doing uplifting things, or not being on social media. Made me feel like they are discrediting my feelings and everything to fit their own opinion that people should just suck it up and not let things get to them. I damn wish I could just be happy, and put a smile on, and not let shit bother me. But it's not that easy. Really fucked up to tell someone with depression they choose to be upset.

People who tell you to suck it up or not feel bad don't actually care about you. They're just bothered to be inconvenienced by someone who dares have feelings. Fuck 'em I say. They can eat shit.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
People who tell you to suck it up or not feel bad don't actually care about you. They're just bothered to be inconvenienced by someone who dares have feelings. Fuck 'em I say. They can eat shit.
It sucks, as it's someone who I've known pretty much my whole life, and who I can normally have a really good debate with. But like, to tell me I can control that shit, is like beyond fucked up.

• Sad
Reactions: Doom

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
It sucks, as it's someone who I've known pretty much my whole life, and who I can normally have a really good debate with. But like, to tell me I can control that shit, is like beyond fucked up.
You can control it per say with medicine, but yeah acting like you can switch it on and off is fucking dumb thinking

Reactions: Doom and Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
You can control it per say with medicine, but yeah acting like you can switch it on and off is fucking dumb thinking
I've wanted to get help, but with no health insurance(thanks America) I really feel like the cost would be a lot, and idk. But I had someone else on that same post tell me that one of the places around here money recently, to help people who don't have insurance. So, hopefully something can come from that. So I hope the meds if I can get some, do help some. But yeah, switching that stuff on and off isn't a thing,.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I've wanted to get help, but with no health insurance(thanks America) I really feel like the cost would be a lot, and idk. But I had someone else on that same post tell me that one of the places around here money recently, to help people who don't have insurance. So, hopefully something can come from that. So I hope the meds if I can get some, do help some. But yeah, switching that stuff on and off isn't a thing,.
You can lower the cost if you use GoodRX, which helps people find low prices for prescription medicine, and that is good there is a place that around and hopefully does from it like you said because everyone needs help. And the medicine won't be a be all and cure all, but you'll be able to manage it better and have better days compared to not. Yeah, the switching motif is something I have heard a lot throughout my life and it always grinds me. Like yes, Karen I woke up today and was like "I am going to make myself feel like total shit, have dark thoughts, not do anything, and while I am at it I switch my OCD as on. Tomorrow though...I will turn it off for like three days." It amazes me how people can be like that

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
It's not right for somebody to tell you to suck it up and I'm sorry you was told that. I would cut ties with him immediately, because you didn't deserve that kinda treatment. And being upset, it's how you feel, not an choice or an opinion. Hell, we're all upset Blaze. I can't help it, you can't help it, nobody else can help it.

Reactions: Vegeta and Alexa

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
You can lower the cost if you use GoodRX, which helps people find low prices for prescription medicine, and that is good there is a place that around and hopefully does from it like you said because everyone needs help. And the medicine won't be a be all and cure all, but you'll be able to manage it better and have better days compared to not. Yeah, the switching motif is something I have heard a lot throughout my life and it always grinds me. Like yes, Karen I woke up today and was like "I am going to make myself feel like total shit, have dark thoughts, not do anything, and while I am at it I switch my OCD as on. Tomorrow though...I will turn it off for like three days." It amazes me how people can be like that
I have used that, or something like that for other meds before. But I meant more like, the visits or whatever, as I think it be helpful to have a professional to talk to. It like, really sicks how much it cost in this country to get help for mental health., But I'm not going to get to into that, So, hopefully this place can help me. Cause, shit sucks waking up feeling like I do sometimes. The folks who think its that easy, clearly never dealt with it before.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I have used that, or something like that for other meds before. But I meant more like, the visits or whatever, as I think it be helpful to have a professional to talk to. It like, really sicks how much it cost in this country to get help for mental health., But I'm not going to get to into that, So, hopefully this place can help me. Cause, shit sucks waking up feeling like I do sometimes. The folks who think its that easy, clearly never dealt with it before.
Ah, I misunderstood, and personal visits/therapy had done very well for me. So, I can speak from first hand experience it does help a lot especially if you get someone that can connect you, if that makes sense. So hopefully you can get into that place and get the help and all you need. And they have never dealt with it or in some cases they just ignore it, which is worse.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Fuck anyone who thinks like that. When the brain works a certain way, you can't just force it not to. People are so ignorant.

Reactions: Alexa and Vegeta

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'm sorry your friend gas lit you Blaze. Are there any community funded social workers or councilors anywhere in your area? I'm not going to say yay or nay on medication as that's clearly not my place but I can certainly promote talking to someone. even a helpline

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I'm sorry your friend gas lit you Blaze. Are there any community funded social workers or councilors anywhere in your area? I'm not going to say yay or nay on medication as that's clearly not my place but I can certainly promote talking to someone. even a helpline
Mhm. Like I mentioned someone else on there mentioned help that’s in the area, and it being no cost because of some money they got like 3 months ago. He is going to talk to a doctor he knows there and then let me know something. So thankfully at least someone on it cared.

But this is why I really wish pot was legal. I’d have it more, and easier as well. Back when I had it regularly it really helped my mood and relax me more.

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Gaffney, SC (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
That is messed up and like telling someone with anxiety not to worry.

Reactions: Alexa and Vegeta