The WS Mental Health and Empathy Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Moving forward, I'm trying my best to move forward. I need to try not to think of negative outcomes in life, because I have been pessimistic what the future may hold. It's time to think positive thoughts and maybe we'll have a great day. :D
That is always what helped me out. Thinking more positive thoughts and just keep moving forward without looking back. Hope all goes well for you in your future.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
That is always what helped me out. Thinking more positive thoughts and just keep moving forward without looking back. Hope all goes well for you in your future.
Thanks dude.

Reactions: Alexa

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I doubt he would move, especially owning ten acres of land where he lives. I don't see it happen.

Moving forward, I'm trying my best to move forward. I need to try not to think of negative outcomes in life, because I have been pessimistic what the future may hold. It's time to think positive thoughts and maybe we'll have a great day. :D

Oh damn lol

well I hope things fall in to place and work out for you. It can be a pain in the ass waiting for the right time, but, “good things come to those who wait”, so, just be patient, friend :)

Reactions: Alexa and Doom

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Oh damn lol

well I hope things fall in to place and work out for you. It can be a pain in the ass waiting for the right time, but, “good things come to those who wait”, so, just be patient, friend :)
Thank you LHR. :)

• Love
Reactions: Lady Redfield

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
So lately hasn’t been easy for me, I’m stressed out, I’m letting every tiny thing in my life upset me. Like my phone had an issue(ended up now having to send it away so right now all I got is my old phone with no service and only WiFi) and in my mind it was the end of the world just because of how on edge I’ve been. They are things going on that, I don’t really want to go into details on that really have fucked me up emotionally. All of it has stressed me out to the point I made myself sick, which I know none of it probably is that important and everyone here understands, but it’s why like I not done the WS Nitro video I been needing to do, or book the next show. Me stressing over that only made things worse on me. Like, I want to even get help for all of this but I don’t know how to go talking to anyone. I don’t know, but it really just it sucks to live like this. My anxiety makes my depression worse, my depression makes the anxiety worse. The only time I’m truly happy is when I get to talk to my girlfriend because at least then I’m not thinking of all the stuff that’s causing my stress. I just honestly want to feel okay. I’m just thankful to have this place at least to make me laugh sometimes. Even when Dale is cracking a joke about my typos. Much apperception @Dale ;) haha. But no really I appreciate you all. Thank you.

TeaDrinkingLimey

“Glass? Who gives a shit about glass?”
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
So in wake of what has happened with Daffney in the past 24 hours.

And to paraphrase a certain someone:

“I want you to digest this because I have a lot of things I want to get off my chest.”

So, for the past 18 months or so, a lot of things have played on my mind and led to me being unhappy.
Mostly things that are work related but there are other factors as well.

I was looking to leave my current job just before the start of the pandemic. I was on annual leave in Dublin and decided that it was time for me to move on, due to being so sick of certain people and certain practices.
Then the pandemic struck (people already had face masks on at Dublin airport in late February) and I was working from home.
Whilst at this point I was still living with my parents, I loved working from home.
It was still shitty that I couldn’t see my friends in person and do all the things that I would normally do.

But even despite working from home, I was still getting pissed off with people and the way things were going at work.
Then in the summer of last year, I went back to work, when I didn’t really want to be there. But I was kept away from certain people, so I wasn’t consumed by the bullshit that goes on.

At the start of October 2020, I was offered by my parents (mostly my Mother) to live at my Grandma’s house, as she was unfortunately not able to adequately look after herself anymore and she needed real care by professional carers.
At this point, I knew what was coming.
And she sadly passed away in April of this year.

With her passing, it was agreed way ahead of time that half of the house would be put in my name and the other half in my older Brother’s name.
And despite living in a house (and I’m not trying to sound like a complete and utter prick here) with no mortgage, deep down I was still unhappy.

Add that unhappiness with the news that the family dog had to be put to sleep in June, I didn’t think things could get any worse.
But despite all of this, what I did know was that I had to get away from work, as it was just making me more unhappy and depressed.

I won’t go into full details here but I was offered a job a few weeks ago and I’d handed my notice in at my current employer. But I was persuaded to stay, so I did.

Just last week, there was a chance of a promotion going at work, which I went for.
Long story short, I didn’t get it. A part of me thinks the only reason I didn’t get it was because I handed my notice in a few weeks ago and my boss is still resenting me for it.
But no sour grapes towards the person who did get the promotion. We were friends before and we’ll still be friends afterwards.

Now, last night, we went out for drinks after work, so that we could celebrate the new people we had start with the company and to wish all the best to the people who had left during lockdown as we were obviously not able to go out to do so.
My boss goes on to say to one of my friends and former colleagues that “I’m not quite ready for that next level yet.” Which is completely fucking contradictory to what was said to me in the interview.

So, by the time everyone has left, I’m back into pissed off mode, as I was at least somewhat happy with the way things were going at work because it was agreed that I’ll be shown how to perform certain tasks that not everyone else can

I went for a long ass drive in my car. (I assure you, I had ONE drink the whole night. No matter how bad things can possibly get, I would never drink excessively, put myself behind the wheel of my car and endanger other people’s lives)
I haven’t been on a drive like that in about 4 years. And I’ve recently got a brand new car as well, so you’d think I’d have gone out it in more.

So not only that, I went off Social Dating Apps for about 8 months because I needed a break and I didn’t feel comfortable posting any new images, due to my successive weight gain over the last 5 years or so.
I’ve since lost a stone and a half (about 21 pounds) and posted some new images of myself. So what I am hoping is that the hard work I’ve put in since the start of the year pays off. Because I’ve never been great at talking with girls/women. I’m not sure why but I’ve always been terrible at it. I think because I’m naturally quite shy and I’m not the best at meeting new people, as I’ve always found myself to be a bit socially awkward. And I’m not exactly a bad looking guy. Not that looks matters to me the most, it’s all about the personality. But there has to be at least some form of physical attraction. I think a lot of the time my anxiety kicks in and that knocks my confidence. Plus, I’ve been told “I’m too picky”, which I wouldn’t completely disagree with.

At the end of the day, I do know that I will find the right person but it weighs on my mind all the time, coupled with everything else that has gone on recently in my life.

And I’ve always felt that wrestling forums are a bit of a “safe haven” because it’s seen as a bit of an outcast type thing to like and pretty much the only time people would actually admit that they liked wrestling was during its highest peak in the attitude era.

So I feel a lot more comfortable mentioning this on here.
It is part of the reason why I’ve started posting more, because I’ve never felt like that I didn’t belong here.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
So in wake of what has happened with Daffney in the past 24 hours.

And to paraphrase a certain someone:

“I want you to digest this because I have a lot of things I want to get off my chest.”

So, for the past 18 months or so, a lot of things have played on my mind and led to me being unhappy.
Mostly things that are work related but there are other factors as well.

I was looking to leave my current job just before the start of the pandemic. I was on annual leave in Dublin and decided that it was time for me to move on, due to being so sick of certain people and certain practices.
Then the pandemic struck (people already had face masks on at Dublin airport in late February) and I was working from home.
Whilst at this point I was still living with my parents, I loved working from home.
It was still shitty that I couldn’t see my friends in person and do all the things that I would normally do.

But even despite working from home, I was still getting pissed off with people and the way things were going at work.
Then in the summer of last year, I went back to work, when I didn’t really want to be there. But I was kept away from certain people, so I wasn’t consumed by the bullshit that goes on.

At the start of October 2020, I was offered by my parents (mostly my Mother) to live at my Grandma’s house, as she was unfortunately not able to adequately look after herself anymore and she needed real care by professional carers.
At this point, I knew what was coming.
And she sadly passed away in April of this year.

With her passing, it was agreed way ahead of time that half of the house would be put in my name and the other half in my older Brother’s name.
And despite living in a house (and I’m not trying to sound like a complete and utter prick here) with no mortgage, deep down I was still unhappy.

Add that unhappiness with the news that the family dog had to be put to sleep in June, I didn’t think things could get any worse.
But despite all of this, what I did know was that I had to get away from work, as it was just making me more unhappy and depressed.

I won’t go into full details here but I was offered a job a few weeks ago and I’d handed my notice in at my current employer. But I was persuaded to stay, so I did.

Just last week, there was a chance of a promotion going at work, which I went for.
Long story short, I didn’t get it. A part of me thinks the only reason I didn’t get it was because I handed my notice in a few weeks ago and my boss is still resenting me for it.
But no sour grapes towards the person who did get the promotion. We were friends before and we’ll still be friends afterwards.

Now, last night, we went out for drinks after work, so that we could celebrate the new people we had start with the company and to wish all the best to the people who had left during lockdown as we were obviously not able to go out to do so.
My boss goes on to say to one of my friends and former colleagues that “I’m not quite ready for that next level yet.” Which is completely fucking contradictory to what was said to me in the interview.

So, by the time everyone has left, I’m back into pissed off mode, as I was at least somewhat happy with the way things were going at work because it was agreed that I’ll be shown how to perform certain tasks that not everyone else can

I went for a long ass drive in my car. (I assure you, I had ONE drink the whole night. No matter how bad things can possibly get, I would never drink excessively, put myself behind the wheel of my car and endanger other people’s lives)
I haven’t been on a drive like that in about 4 years. And I’ve recently got a brand new car as well, so you’d think I’d have gone out it in more.

So not only that, I went off Social Dating Apps for about 8 months because I needed a break and I didn’t feel comfortable posting any new images, due to my successive weight gain over the last 5 years or so.
I’ve since lost a stone and a half (about 21 pounds) and posted some new images of myself. So what I am hoping is that the hard work I’ve put in since the start of the year pays off. Because I’ve never been great at talking with girls/women. I’m not sure why but I’ve always been terrible at it. I think because I’m naturally quite shy and I’m not the best at meeting new people, as I’ve always found myself to be a bit socially awkward. And I’m not exactly a bad looking guy. Not that looks matters to me the most, it’s all about the personality. But there has to be at least some form of physical attraction. I think a lot of the time my anxiety kicks in and that knocks my confidence. Plus, I’ve been told “I’m too picky”, which I wouldn’t completely disagree with.

At the end of the day, I do know that I will find the right person but it weighs on my mind all the time, coupled with everything else that has gone on recently in my life.

And I’ve always felt that wrestling forums are a bit of a “safe haven” because it’s seen as a bit of an outcast type thing to like and pretty much the only time people would actually admit that they liked wrestling was during its highest peak in the attitude era.

So I feel a lot more comfortable mentioning this on here.
It is part of the reason why I’ve started posting more, because I’ve never felt like that I didn’t belong here.
Thank you so much for sharing all of that. If you ever need anyone to talk to or anything feel free to PM me, if you got discord you can add me there as well, just ask me for it.

Reactions: TeaDrinkingLimey

TeaDrinkingLimey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Thank you so much for sharing all of that. If you ever need anyone to talk to or anything feel free to PM me, if you got discord you can add me there as well, just ask me for it.

Thank you. <3

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Hey everybody.

I had to take a few days off from all the stresses that I'm dealing with. My grandma's still alive still in hospice care. Me and my brother have seen seeing her after we got off work. Her breathing has improved since she was admitted Monday, but she's still not out of the woods as she's still unresponsive. I'm surprised that she's fighting for life as I thought she was gonna pass away Monday, with the shape she was in. But still, she's in horrible shape and I don't know how long she can fight to stay alive. And what gets me, is that after yesterday, the hospice's gonna start charging my brother $250 a day, to keep her there. Are you fucking kidding me? I don't if they're trying to gouge money from my brother, but my grandma is still dying for fuck sakes. They shouldn't charge him anything to keep her there until she passes on. That's why she's there in the first place. My brother can't have her die at his home if he takes her out of the hospice.

• Angry
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Hey everybody.

I had to take a few days off from all the stresses that I'm dealing with. My grandma's still alive still in hospice care. Me and my brother have seen seeing her after we got off work. Her breathing has improved since she was admitted Monday, but she's still not out of the woods as she's still unresponsive. I'm surprised that she's fighting for life as I thought she was gonna pass away Monday, with the shape she was in. But still, she's in horrible shape and I don't know how long she can fight to stay alive. And what gets me, is that after yesterday, the hospice's gonna start charging my brother $250 a day, to keep her there. Are you fucking kidding me? I don't if they're trying to gouge money from my brother, but my grandma is still dying for fuck sakes. They shouldn't charge him anything to keep her there until she passes on. That's why she's there in the first place. My brother can't have her die at his home if he takes her out of the hospice.
That doesn't even sound right, and really sounds like gouging to me.

Reactions: Doom

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
That doesn't even sound right, and really sounds like gouging to me.
Yeah. I couldn't believe one of the nurses said that. Nobody should have to pay that much money per day, to keep a relative or there, that is near death, to stay there after the first five days are up.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Yeah. I couldn't believe one of the nurses said that. Nobody should have to pay that much money per day, to keep a relative or there, that is near death, to stay there after the first five days are up.
Agreed usually it is six months, I believe, and after that I think they start charging. Five days though, that just isn't right.

Reactions: Doom

TeaDrinkingLimey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Hey everybody.

Sorry to hear this, mate.

And really shitty they’re trying to take money off your brother. That isn’t right at all.