The Wrestling World Has Changed: A 2001 WWF / WCW / ECW Story

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
WWF Raw is War.jpg

Monday, May, Week 1
Nassau Coliseum
Long Island New York
Attendance: 16,234 (SELL OUT!)

Opening Segment

Vince McMahon 2K.jpg
Steve Austin 99.jpg
Vince McMahon and Steve Austin come from the back to Austin's heel theme. The crowd are vitriolic towards the pairing they thought they'd never see until this past WrestleMania. Vince and Austin come into the ring and begin talking.

Vince McMahon:
Well, ladies and gentlemen? Austin is still your WWF Champion, and he's still with the WWF. I knew I made the right choice keeping him during the draft last week. However, now we have just one little problem. We don't have anyone ready to challenge Mr. Austin. So with the approval of Mr. Austin, I have devised a #1 Contender's Match to take place at King of the Ring. Your participants are going to be... KANE... THE UNDERTAKER... GOLDUST... AND BILL... GOLDBERG...​
Big News for the WWF Championship scene as the participants are announced and the crowd reacts accordingly.
Vince McMahon: Of course, that means there is nobody to challenge Mr. Austin at King of The Ring. It's through my judgement that I believe he doesn't need to face off against anybody on that particular night. So I'd just like to tell you, Mr. Austin, that at King of the Ring, you have the night-​
DDP 2k1.jpg

DDP's Theme (Smells Like Teen Spirit) hits as out comes Diamond Dallas Page to a raucous applause from the crowd. Austin and Vince don't seem to be amused, rather angered at the interruption by Mr. Page. Page climbs into the ring and stares down Austin.
Vince McMahon: What the hell are you doing in *my* ring? I may have drafted you, Mr. Page, but don't think you can just waltz in here whenever you damn well please. You were popular in World Championship Wrestling, but you're nothing here.

DDP: I didn't mean to come and barge on in, Mr. McMahon, but I heard Steve Austin doesn't have an opponent for King of the Ring. I think I have the solution you need.

Vince McMahon: If you think for one second I'm about to let some loser from WCW challenge the greatest superstar in the world, you have another thing coming.

Steve Austin: Vince, shut the hell up. So you want a piece of Stone Cold, at the King of the Ring? Well hell, son, I don't give a rat's ass if you wanted a piece of Stone Cold tonight, tomorrow, or at WrestleMania. You're asking for a fight, a fight is what you're gonna get.

DDP: I'm glad you agree, Austin. You may be a big shot in WWF, but you never faced a bona-fide World Championship Wrestling star, the one place you couldn't succeed. We all know what happened, Steve. You couldn't cut it with the big boys.

Vince McMahon: Who the hell do you think you are!?

Steve Austin: Vince, I want Page at King of the Ring.

Vince McMahon: Are you sure, Steve?

Steve Austin: I'm gonna kick his ass, but first...​
Austin pulls Vince aside and whispers something, eyeing Page the entire time. Vince grins and turns to Page.
Vince McMahon: Alright Page... You'll get your match at King of the Ring... if, and only if... You can beat The Undertaker in the main event... TONIGHT.

DDP: Fine by me, if I gotta go through the big bad dead man, he'll just have to feel the *BANG*!​
Rating: 89

Val Venis.jpg
Buff Bagwell.jpg
Sunny 11.jpg

We cut to a backstage promo between Buff Bagwell, Val Venis, and their new valet, Sunny.
Buff Bagwell: Welcome to the big time, baby.

Val Venis: Hey Chrissy Candido, I know all about how much you miss your little missy Sunny; all the phone calls, the missed messages, the long nights and cold showers... But hey, she's moved on from you. She has the both of us to keep her company.

Buff Bagwell: Absolutely right, Val baby. The two of us are the hottest tag team in the WWF right now, and Sunny has picked a real winner. Hey Val, tell 'em about your new movie coming out.

Val Venis: Well I don't mean to toot my own horn... well hell, I'm gonna, it's gonna be a rockin' movie, perhaps my best yet... it's called... Sunny Side Up, baby.​
Rating: 59

WWFEuropean.jpg

WWF European Championship

Fit Finlay.jpg
vs.
Dean Malenko 2001.jpg

Fit Finlay vs. Dean Malenko (c)

Dean Malenko and Finlay have a solid midcard match, without much of a reaction from the crowd. Dean Malenko retains after clinching a Texas Cloverleaf. Malenko carried Finlay to a good performance and the crowd could see who was carrying the match.

Rating: 69

Ric Flair 2k1.jpg
David Flair 2.jpg

We get a backstage promo between Ric Flair and David Flair, the new team called The Flair Family.
Ric Flair: You know, this is where I'd usually style and profile, wheel and deal like the Nature Boy does, but not right now, daddy. You see, tonight I'm teaming with my son, Davey. He and I have had a strained relationship in the past, but we're looking to repair our relationship and come together to dominate the WWF like only Flairs can. Isn't that right son?

David Flair: Er, yeah, that's right Dad. We're gonna win tonight and keep on winning.

Ric Flair: Damn right, together with me now.

Ric and David: WOOooo!!!​
Rating: 49

Ric Flair 2k1.jpg
David Flair 2.jpg
vs.
The Godfather 3.jpg
Disco Inferno 4.jpg

The Flair Family vs. The Godfather & Disco Inferno

The Flair Family defeat the Godfather & Disco Inferno in a less-than-stellar match with little heat. Ric Flair carried everybody in the match and was the clear star, as voiced by the crowd's elation whenever Flair was in the ring. The crowd audibly hated David Flair, chanting "David Sucks" and "Fuck Off David" throughout the match. Flair locked on the Figure Four and made The Godfather tap.

Rating: 55

Chris Jericho 2k1.jpg
Vince McMahon 2K.jpg

Vince is sitting in his office reading through papers when Chris Jericho storms through the door, angered.
Chris Jericho: What the hell Vince!? You include Goldust on the #1 Contender's Match but not Me!? Chris Jericho, the Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah!?​

Vince is caught off guard, but calmly shifts his papers, sets them down, and stands up to address Chris.
Vince McMahon: Now Chris, I know it may seem like I may have slighted you, but understand I have the best intentions for you. In fact, I was planning on placing you in the King of the-

Chris Jericho: King of the Ring? I don't give a crap about that stupid tournament. I care about the WWF Championship! I want in on that #1 Contender's Match, NOW!

Vince McMahon: You don't tell me-Mr. McMahon-what to do. I tell you what to do! But you know what Jericho. You want to be in that match so bad? Fine, fine... You and Goldust can face off next week, since you have a big problem with him being in the #1 Contender's Match. The winner goes to the #1 Contenders Match against Goldberg, Kane, and Taker. Good enough for you?

Chris Jericho: All I gotta do is kick that gold-painted assclown's face in? Fine by me, Vinny.​
Rating: 82

Rey Mysterio jr 13.jpg
Konnan 9.jpg

A music video hyping up the careers of The Filthy Animals, Konnan and Rey Mysterio, plays for the crowd and viewers, highlighting their time in the old World Championship Wrestling.

Rating: 57

wwfic2.jpg

WWF Intercontinental Championship

Kane_alt2.jpg
vs.
Steven Regal 9.jpg

Kane (c) vs. William Regal

Kane and William Regal put on a good match for the crowd as William Regal defeats Kane after the use of brass knuckles and a dirty pin gives him the victory over The Big Red Machine.

Rating: 77

Scott Steiner 6.jpg

We see Scott Steiner in the gym ripping it up and working on a set of bicep curls before he goes to get ready on the treadmill. He notices the camera and starts talking.
Steiner: You know, the girls often wonder, "Scotty, Big Bad Booty Daddy", how do you manage to keep your peaks so freakishly large. This is it. That's how I keep myself so bad ass, big, and mean. You see other guys in this gym? They take a look at Scott Steiner and they go home to their fat wives and pig children and they too wonder, "Why can't I be like The Freak Scott Steiner." The answer is because you aren't me, that's why.​
Steiner finishes up and heads over to the treadmill and spots a familiar face to the WWF audience.

Chyna 3.jpg

Chyna is finishing up with the treadmill, hopping off and spotting Scott Steiner gawking. She walks over to him.
Chyna: It's all yours, Scotty.​
She walks off as Scott Steiner stares and has a smirk on his face.

Rating: 67

Raven 2k1.jpg
vs.
Stevie Richards 3.jpg

Raven vs. Steven Richards

In a solid match without much heat, Raven defeated Steven Richards with a Piledriver. During the match Raven was telling Stevie to come home at various points.

Rating: 63

Hulk Hogan 2k1 Alt.jpg
DDP 2k1.jpg

DDP is getting prepared backstage when Hollywood Hulk Hogan comes up out of nowhere, ready to antagonize DDP.
Hogan: Well well well, Diamond Dallas Page. Been a while since I've seen you wandering the halls.

DDP: What do you want this time, Hogan?

Hogan: You really think you're worthy to face Stone Cold Steve Austin, brother? Hah, I don't think so. If anyone's worthy of facing Stone Cold, it's the greatest superstar to ever walk the face of the earth, me.

DDP: Pah, you? Hell naw, Austin'd spit you out faster than you'd ever realize, BROTHER.​
Hogan and DDP move close, face to face and staring each other down.
DDP: How about you and me just see who's worthy, next week. If I beat Taker, I'll put my title opportunity on the line against you.

Hogan: You're on, brother. Good luck tonight. You're gonna need it.​
Hogan laughs and walks off, leaving DDP to go back to preparing for his match.

Rating: 82

Randy Orton.jpg
Mark Jindrak.jpg
w/
Debra McMichael 5.jpg
vs.
Nick Dinsmore.jpg
Lance Cade 2k1.jpg

Randy Orton & Mark Jindrak w/ Debra vs. Nick Dinsmore and Lance Cade

In an awful match where the crowd didn't care whatsoever, Randy Orton and Mark Jindrak defeated jobbers Nick Dinsmore and Lance Cade. During the match, it was noted that Debra and Orton "clicked" together, as if it was a natural fit. It was also noted that Jindrak and Orton had a lot of chemistry as a team and could go far together.

Rating: 37

Curt Hennig 2k1.jpg
vs.
Chris Jericho 2k1.jpg

Mr. Perfect vs. Chris Jericho

In a good match, Chris Jericho defeated Mr. Perfect with the Walls of Jericho. During the match, JR, Lawler, and Heenan discussed the implications for Jericho if he beats Goldust next week and faces off against Goldberg, Kane, and Taker at King of the Ring.

Rating: 68

The Undertaker 2k1alt.jpg

In a backstage segment, we see The Undertaker preparing for his match with DDP, which is up next.

Rating: 76

DDP 2k1.jpg
vs.

Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Undertaker

We are treated to a good match for the Main Event as Taker and Diamond Dallas Page have a good back and forth. During the match the referee gets knocked out, and it appears that Taker has the win as he sets up for the Last Ride. When suddenly...

Goldberg 2k1.jpg

Bill Goldberg comes out of nowhere and SPEARS The Undertaker, and throws DDP over Taker's prone body. He shouts to Taker, "You're Next!" as he leaves the ring and watches from ringside. The referee finally wakes up and counts the pin, giving Diamond Dallas Page the victory, just as Taker kicks out.

It's noted that DDP and The Undertaker worked really well together, each making each other look great.

Rating: 75

DDP 2k1.jpg
Goldberg 2k1.jpg

Taker is pissed off after having been screwed out of a victory by Goldberg and he spots him standing outside, taunting him. Taker gets out and the two begin to brawl with one another, leaving an out of it DDP in the ring...

Steve Austin 99.jpg

Which allows Austin to come into the ring and attack DDP while he's down. He attempts to hit a Stunner, but suddenly *BANG*, DDP counters and hits the Diamond Cutter on Austin, allowing him to stand tall over his opponent for King of the Ring.

Rating: 81

FINAL RATING: 71

TV Rating: 18.31 (13,736,180 Viewers)

Last edited:

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I haven't read and absorbed everything yet, but was there no payoff to RTC?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I haven't read and absorbed everything yet, but was their no payoff to RTC?

Nope. But feel free to give your complete opinion on the show.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Nope. But feel free to give your complete opinion on the show.
Will do. Seeing Godfather in that tag and then Stevie later made me go, but RTC was still a thing last week.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Will do. Seeing Godfather in that tag and then Stevie later made me go, but RTC was still a thing last week.

According to what I was reading, they had broken up in Mid-April. But were still billed as RTC for some reason, so I just said, fuck it, they're no longer together if they broke up.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
According to what I was reading, they had broken up in Mid-April. But were still billed as RTC for some reason, so I just said, fuck it, they're no longer together if they broke up.
Last week Stevie took a Last Ride in a 8-man. They bicker over May and quietly fade away.

This is close enough I guess. I do think Godfather should have had a segment were he went back to his gimmick, but OK.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Last week Stevie took a Last Ride in a 8-man. They bicker over May and quietly fade away.

This is close enough I guess. I do think Godfather should have had a segment were he went back to his gimmick, but OK.

I just book the show. :cry

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I liked it. There are some continuity issues, which is a bit of a pet peeve to try to get over. But as weeks go by, I think that'll all become irrelevant as things take shape and this world kind of becomes our own. Great start for DDP and Goldberg. I don't think I could see DDP losing out on his match with Austin now that the fuse has already been lit, so I take it he's going to beat Hogan next week somehow. Not sure what to think about Goldust here because he actually does have the popularity, entertainment skills and fundamentals to be high up on the card, but it's going to take some TLC to make him feel like he belongs.

Buff and Val and The Flair Family got the low ratings they deserved. :side:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
BTW, did you guys want to know what networks you're on?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I would like all the information. I don't even know what day of the week my TV show is. :lol

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm doing my best to bring over any stories the WWF talent that comes to WCW have. I'm doing my due diligence. :cudi

I assume I took over the SD time slot?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I would like all the information. I don't even know what day of the week my TV show is. :lol

Yours is Wednesday Nights.

So:

Monday Night Raw is on:

TNN, Canal 5 (Mexico), Foxtel (AUS), J Sports 2 (Japan), and Sky Sports 1 (Britain & Europe)

ECW Wednesday Extreme Warfare (Feel Free to change the name if you want) is on:

MTV, Canal 5, The Score (Canada) Foxtel, J Sports 2, and Sky Sports 1

WCW Thurday Thunder is on:

TBS (with strict penalties on failing to meet their demands), The Score, Foxtel, J Sports 2, and Sky Sports 1

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm not sure why Jamie Kellner didn't cancel Thunder in this timeline, but I'll take it.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler