The Walking Dead Discussion Thread(spoilers)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Slightly off subject story that relates to TWD:

One of my really cool artist buddies went to the Walker Stalker Con in Atlanta the weekend of Oct. 19 with an artist booth. Not only did a customer have their custom Walking Dead sketch cover he had done autographed by Norman Reedus -- who said it was really cool -- but "Bob" even stopped by his table to buy some prints, which I thought was pretty cool for an artist from out this way, especially with how humble and down to earth he is.

d3a4ebafe553803c6ea54a701d6f7598.jpg

So Geoffrey -- artist buddy in the bottom left -- not knowing what was happening on the show said to him, "Hey Bob, anything happening on the show tonight I need to know about? I'm sure you're gonna kick some butt." To which "Bob" replied, "Won't be a lotta kicking after tonight." :haha:

• Haha
Reactions: Just Kevin

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Who do you guys think Darryl was telling to come out at the end of last episode?

Some dude from Everybody Hates Chris named Tyler James Williams was cast to play a character named Noah this season and if you examine the comic-con trailer closely, you can see him and Beth in a scene together. So maybe he escapes the hospital where Beth is being held and Daryl runs into him or something, and he brings him back to tell the others about the people who are holding Beth. The way Daryl called the person to come out didn't sound very friendly, making me very doubtful it was Carol or Beth.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I just watched this past week's episode, it was good. I'm interested in seeing where/how they go from now on.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I loved how reminiscent of a cowardly wrestling heel Gareth was at the end of this last episode. Seemed very Paul Heyman-esque in that he was articulate and talked a big game when he was in control but then he resorts to begging for his life as soon as he's at the mercy of the babyface. Would have loved to have seen more of him and Terminus, but oh well. I do enjoy the fast pace this season is moving at.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I loved how reminiscent of a cowardly wrestling heel Gareth was at the end of this last episode. Seemed very Paul Heyman-esque in that he was articulate and talked a big game when he was in control but then he resorts to begging for his life as soon as he's at the mercy of the babyface. Would have loved to have seen more of him and Terminus, but oh well. I do enjoy the fast pace this season is moving at.
It's nice to see the writers listening to the fans. Many were disappointed at how slow last season was, it seems they're rectifying that with a vengeance this season.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
This episode was interesting... was it slow? Yes. But it looked into something that we rarely see... how others are living during this time.

Some dude from Everybody Hates Chris named Tyler James Williams was cast to play a character named Noah this season and if you examine the comic-con trailer closely, you can see him and Beth in a scene together. So maybe he escapes the hospital where Beth is being held and Daryl runs into him or something, and he brings him back to tell the others about the people who are holding Beth. The way Daryl called the person to come out didn't sound very friendly, making me very doubtful it was Carol or Beth.

I believe, after watching this past week, that @Lockard23 is dead on with this prediction. If so, then I can't wait to see how the group responds in both trying to rescue Beth and the internal struggle happening with trying to get to Washington.

Also, that ending... they brought hell down on them by bringing her in there.. and they don't even realize it.

Next week should be great!

What are your thoughts guys?

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Can't wait for next week's episode!

I agree, with my thought process being Noah got out, Daryl and him came across each other, Daryl learned of the situation with Beth, then they have Carol feign injuries or whatnot to get in the hospital to help get Beth out. Cue dramatic music!

But seriously... I could see that being the way it happened, more or less, and I'm very interested to see where this all goes.

Reactions: Just Kevin

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
A different kind of episode, but I loved it. The prediction I've had for awhile in regards to Beth and Maggie is that at least one of them will make it through the whole series and be the sole surviving member of their family, and with the way Beth handled those walkers in the episode, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being her. Her story from here on could be growing from being the youngest and most incompetent Greene into being the last one standing. (Of course, nothing says that both women can't make it out alive... but we're a long ways off from the end of the series either way.)

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
A different kind of episode, but I loved it. The prediction I've had for awhile in regards to Beth and Maggie is that at least one of them will make it through the whole series and be the sole surviving member of their family, and with the way Beth handled those walkers in the episode, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being her. Her story from here on could be growing from being the youngest and most incompetent Greene into being the last one standing. (Of course, nothing says that both women can't make it out alive... but we're a long ways off from the end of the series either way.)

I believe that if, or when, Glenn dies that Maggie's days are numbered from that point forward. If the whole Beth/Darryl romance rumor ends up happening then Beth will be in trouble as well.. shows love killing off the hero's love interest to throw a wrench in the mix. We shall see.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Really liked this episode. It's cool that they gave us a backstory to what really happened with Beth and now Carol upon their abduction.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I believe that if, or when, Glenn dies that Maggie's days are numbered from that point forward. If the whole Beth/Darryl romance rumor ends up happening then Beth will be in trouble as well.. shows love killing off the hero's love interest to throw a wrench in the mix. We shall see.
Why would Maggie's days be numbered if Glenn died? They've both been principal characters since the beginning.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Why would Maggie's days be numbered if Glenn died? They've both been principal characters since the beginning.

The whole TV series scenario of a person dying because of grief over their true love dying.. I figure she'd be so fraught with grief that she just gives up.

That was my thinking at least.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
What? Daryl and Beth would be creepy, but the most badass person on the show being with her would give Beth a better chance of surviving IMO. Dude knows how to hunt, track, what to avoid and what can be useful....Any female with Daryl would be better off for it.

Glen isn't dying, and neither is Maggie, at least not until DC. I have a feeling the pudgy lesbo will be the DC person to go - that whole retribution angle. I also wouldn't be surprised if Abraham finds out after sacrificing himself to a bite that his savior doesn't have a fucking clue what to do besides go underground and wait it out. I don't see much value in nuking the world around you, unless you plan on spending 20 years underground after and praying for the best.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
What? Daryl and Beth would be creepy, but the most badass person on the show being with her would give Beth a better chance of surviving IMO. Dude knows how to hunt, track, what to avoid and what can be useful....Any female with Daryl would be better off for it.

I volunteer. :gusta:

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
That scene in the basement with multiple head shots in the dark was a little over the top for me though. I mean really? The show is fun to watch but I think in an effort to make things move faster they are being sloppy.