The Undertaker On RAW Next Week?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
-- If The Undertaker has committed to working WrestleMania, the feeling is that Monday's RAW in Texas will be a perfect time for him to return. If he doesn't return live, they'll likely do some sort of tease with the lights going out or his music playing. With John Cena facing CM Punk on the show, one scenario being discussed is that the The Undertaker could cost CM Punk his match with John Cena, setting up their WrestleMania program.

source: ewrestlingnews.

We don't know whether we can count The Undertaker out of WrestleMania yet, but that would mean a "Twice in a lifetime" match with John Cena and The Rock.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, I've commented on this before. If Taker returns, great, we get Punk/Taker and I'd enjoy that. If he doesn't, great, I'm spared of Rock/Cena II because it'll be a Triple Threat. But now I'm pretty sure that if he doesn't show up he won't be at WM.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
In what way would it make any sense to have Undertaker cost Punk his match against Cena?

If Taker faces Brock (as if there's any chance of that still happening...), then I could see the lights going out and the gong hitting when Brock comes out to attack a crippled Vince during his fight with Heyman. Otherwise, I'd say the earliest you'll see Taker is the Raw after next, or maybe even two weeks from now. Punk will rant and rave about losing to Cena and not main eventing Wrestlemania, only to be interrupted by Taker. Or Punk will simply make the challenge to Taker next week and then the week after that, Taker shows up and accepts.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
KLockard23 said:
In what way would it make any sense to have Undertaker cost Punk his match against Cena?

If Taker faces Brock (as if there's any chance of that still happening...), then I could see the lights going out and the gong hitting when Brock comes out to attack a crippled Vince during his fight with Heyman. Otherwise, I'd say the earliest you'll see Taker is the Raw after next, or maybe even two weeks from now. Punk will rant and rave about losing to Cena and not main eventing Wrestlemania, only to be interrupted by Taker. Or Punk will simply make the challenge to Taker next week and then the week after that, Taker shows up and accepts.

It does make sense. The Undertaker has a lot of respect and has earned it, whereas CM Punk hasn't. The Undertakers purpose is to teach the young boy a lesson.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Saylor said:
It does make sense. The Undertaker has a lot of respect and has earned it, whereas CM Punk hasn't. The Undertakers purpose is to teach the young boy a lesson.

Costing him an important match is a pretty heelish thing to do. It also doesn't shed positive light on John Cena, winning by interference.

I'd say holding onto the title for as long as he did (ignoring his last three title defenses, all involving interference) is worthy of respect. Even The Rock, who Punk had pinned cleanly for a ten count a week ago, put Punk over as a strong champion and as someone who deserved respect.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
KLockard23 said:
Costing him an important match is a pretty heelish thing to do. It also doesn't shed positive light on John Cena, winning by interference.

I'd say holding onto the title for as long as he did (ignoring his last three title defenses, all involving interference) is worthy of respect. Even The Rock, who Punk had pinned cleanly for a ten count a week ago, put Punk over as a strong champion and as someone who deserved respect.

CM Punk's heel gimmick is based upon demanding respect.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Only about 5 threads on this already.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Crayo said:
Please don't return Taker. I really want to see the triple-threat.

It's the only problem. I don't want to see a "Once in a Lifetime" gimmick'd match take place twice.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Saylor said:
CM Punk's heel gimmick is based upon demanding respect.

True, but that has nothing to do with Taker costing him an important match that decides who gets to headline Wrestlemania with The Rock, especially if the interference occurs when Punk is about to score a clean victory... Clean being the key word there, because the only way I could envision an interference making sense is if the ref ends up knocked out and Punk is about to slam a chair into Cena's face, but then lights go out and when they come back on, Taker is the ring and delivers a choke slam on Punk, the logic being that he won't allow Punk to cheat his way into main eventing Wrestlemania. They then both struggle to their feet about the same time (Cena and Punk, that is) and Cena manages to defeat Punk. Punk blames it on Taker and their program is in full force.

I guess that could work, now that I think about it.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
KLockard23 said:
True, but that has nothing to do with Taker costing him an important match that decides who gets to headline Wrestlemania with The Rock, especially if the interference occurs when Punk is about to score a clean victory... Clean being the key word there, because the only way I could envision an interference making sense is if the ref ends up knocked out and Punk is about to slam a chair into Cena's face, but then lights go out and when they come back on, Taker is the ring and delivers a choke slam on Punk, the logic being that he won't allow Punk to cheat his way into main eventing Wrestlemania. They then both struggle to their feet about the same time (Cena and Punk, that is) and Cena manages to defeat Punk. Punk blames it on Taker and their program is in full force.

That still seems so lazy and pointless though.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
KLockard23 said:

Yeah, you've explained it yourself. It can be built on many different scenario's to be honest.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Crayo said:
That still seems so lazy and pointless though.

I don't know, with WM being Taker's yard him not wanting Punk to main event by winning dirty like that sounds like great stuff to me. I mean, not thaaat great but given the time we have and where Punk's character is it seems like the best way.

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
Or! Taker costs cena the match..... Taker cena at wm