The Ultimate Fighter: Team Lesnar vs. Team dos Santos

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
200px-Tuf13.jpg

Team Lesnar
Len Bentley, Charlie Rader, Tony Ferguson, Clay Harvison, Chris Cope, Nordin Asrih, Chuck O'Neil (Replaced Myles Jury)
Team dos Santos
Shamar Bailey, Ryan McGillivray, Javier Torres, Ramsey Nijem, Zach Davis, Mick Bowman, Keon Caldwell

I just watched the first episode tonight and it was good. JDS is such a likeable guy, he is always smiling and never seems to get angry at anyone. It is odd seeing a coach that is so encouraging to his team. This is going to do a lot to market him more in America. Lesnar isn't as vocal and has a shocking haircut. It is a minor thing but he just looks so stupid with that haircut.

The fight was clinical, Shamar was clearly the better fighter and Nordin just didn't look ready to be out there. He had no strength at all when he was on the bottom and his kick early in the second round where he missed and fell over just summed up the whole fight. The post fight comments from Shamar were interesting where he said this was all part of the plan to not show his hand early in the game.

Anyone else watching this season?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I've been watching, but the show itself is dated and quite frankly boring now. Brocki gives the impression that he just doesn't want to be there and there isn't any real standout yet. First fight was terrible and the second wasn't any better.

The whole season seems to be centered around Brock's team taking umbridge to their coach. And Brock just seems so vanilla at this point, hopefully the season gets better, because nothing seems to be happening right now.

Dademo

Reaction score
On one of Dana's Video Blogs, when he was at the TUF training center, a door was broken, so maybe that's a sign. But this has been a boring season. I don't think it's necessarily because the show is dated, but in the early season's, we had more entertaining fights, and in the latter seasons, we've had more coaching rivalries. Brock Lesnar and Junior dos Santos don't hate eachother at all, so we get less drama, that's how I feel. I'll still watch, but boring season no doubt so far.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The fact that Lesnar and JDS actually get along and don't hate each other makes this season a lot different since there won't be that much drama. It also seems like this will be the season when the coaches do the least amount of coaching and leave it up to the other staff they brought in.

This is the first season I have watched for some time so I was hoping it would be a strong season.

On a completely different note does it bother anyone else that they are training welterweights and not heavyweights?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Every fighter has now fought and the score is 4 fighters from Team Dos Santos to 3 fighters from Team Lesnar. The wildcard match-up is Javier Torres from Team JDS vs. Chuck O'Neil from Team Lesnar.

Some strange things happening with the coaches with Dos Santos sending his wrestling coach, Lew Polley home after he was undermining Dos Santos position as head coach. I was shocked when Polley tried to go to the fighters house on his own. He is an assistant and it is just rude of him to try to take over. Dos Santos and Lesnar are the stars not the assistant coaches.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This season is terrible, the fighters are a bunch of whiney bitches, who do nothing but gossip and act like teenage girls in the house.

The Lew Polley situation was poor on Dos Santos part, it just seemed like he was angry that his team gravitated to the one who could speak english better.

This season is terrible and none of the fighters on it are standing out, either scrap the show or bring in veteran fighters. Because this show is dying.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think it has turned into overkill, they have gone through almost all fighters that are out there during the 13 seasons that this show has run for and with UFC buying all the other competition there isn't much talent left to fill this show. Maybe next season they can go for another comeback season of the show so that there are veteran fighters and you know that you won't have fighters that want to leave for their family and that are there to fight and win.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I think it has turned into overkill, they have gone through almost all fighters that are out there during the 13 seasons that this show has run for and with UFC buying all the other competition there isn't much talent left to fill this show. Maybe next season they can go for another comeback season of the show so that there are veteran fighters and you know that you won't have fighters that want to leave for their family and that are there to fight and win.

I say just take a load of Strikeforce fighters who aren't guaranteed a UFC spot, and stick them on the show. Can't do any harm and it's got to be better than the crap we've seen recently.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That would be a great idea and it would produce a good season.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The talent is out there, they just need to use better talent scouts. If they see someone they are interested in signing, sign them up for the show. Leave the pretenders who litter the casting session out of the equation. There is a reason why there seem to be more goofs than talents these days. Much like how other reality shows have more morons. Just a bunch of meatheads looking to get their 15 minutes of fame.

I would rather they bring back The Comeback, atleast you know you have a show full of people who take this shit seriously and the fights will be infinitely better. No instant tapping before the guy sinks in a choke, no prima donna bullshit. Just people who already do this shit for a living and looking for anyway to come back to prominence.

Dademo

Reaction score
Bring back the comeback would be good. I think you could do two divisions, MW and WW again. If Anderson Silva beats Okami, he will barely have anyone left, same for GSP, this is just assuming GSP doesn't go up to 185.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy