The Thread of God aka CM Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I'm not even gonna bother getting started on Ryder...I will say I agree with Airfixx. How can anyone claim he's got ME potential with such minimal exposure is dumbfounding.

...god...

Reaction score
i don't think i've ever seen a person here say he has ME potential.

Axis

Reaction score
People act like he should be used in the midcard.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^He's gotten himself more over than the entire midcard already... and again, he's decent in the ring... not amazing and John Cena-esque... but if you have superstars demanding you be put on TV, and you're generating the buzz this kid does... why not give him a shot?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
People act like he should be used in the midcard.

All based on a show that isn't really funny and the few funny moments that I have seen came from people who were not him.

I dunno, maybe I'm just not getting it, but I don't see Ryder's appeal. To me he's barely one step above Robbie E from TNA.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
^He's gotten himself more over than the entire midcard already... and again, he's decent in the ring... not amazing and John Cena-esque... but if you have superstars demanding you be put on TV, and you're generating the buzz this kid does... why not give him a shot?

THIS. For once the IWC aren't the only ones demading Ryder be pushed to some extent. John fucking Cena co-signs for the kid. Look at these mid-carders and explain why I should care about them more than Ryder:

John Morrison - I'm about to fall asleep already
Evan Bourne - Doesn't bring much to the table outside of "OMG WHAT AN AERIAL MANUEVER~!"
Kofi Kingston - Bored with him
Dolph Ziggler - I used to like him alot but he obviously isn't shit without Vickie
Sin Cara - Pretty much gone
Alex Riley - Pretty fresh but I can see he's starting to plateau. Plus he's still sloppy in the ring.
R-Truth - Kind of a "what have you done for me lately thing". He's losing his steam without a legit feud going on right now.
Jack Swagger - Being misused

Zack Ryder is miles above all of these guys, and to be honest, he's pretty damn marketable (his t-shirts are consistently sold out). I don't see whats the harm in giving this guy some TV time and a legit feud.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Besides, his gimmick appeals to young teens & college students, which are demographics which you NEED. Not every gimmick is for everyone. John Cena is the perfect example. I don't find him funny when he tries to be, I don't like the super-human shit, and I don't like the way he just gets by with rarely revealing something new in his matches... but there are demographics which find him funny, like the super-human shit, and the way he gets by on bare-minimum.

Ryder knows how to work a match, you can see that in any of his matches. He goes out and has fun. And while he may not make monkeystyle laugh, he sure does a good job of making most of the rest of this forum laugh... and he's more represented in live crowds via signs (not to mention all the ones which supposedly get confiscated) than most of your main eventers. Let's not forget also, the kid is young as Hell... he's one of the most youthful guys on the roster... he has years ahead of him. And you can argue about him being in the ring... but not every guy comes in and puts on a main-event style match in 2 Raw matches. The more you expose him to working the bigger crowds, the more he grows. What the fuck did Del Rio do to deserve anything? He's certainly not connecting with crowds and generating heat... but he's getting a world fucking title shot... (I'm a huge Del Rio fan, btw, and want him to get the belt, but be real, he's not over with crowds). And Ryder can't be on the Raw card weekly?

Reaction score
I'm not going to claim Ryder doesn't know how to work a match, you don't work in the E without some grasp of how to work. He is definitely no better than any of the other boring midcarders, that's for sure. But I watched the stuff on Raw that I didn't Monday and the E actually tried to get him over by having him take on Cole who is has legit heat. The crowd didn't pop as loud as someone who is "over" with the "teens and college students" should have. And college students and teenagers are not what the E is looking for in fans. They want kids and those with disposable income. Most college kids and teenagers don't fit into this criteria. Disposable income and kids that have access to parents with disposable income equate to higher paying advertisers.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
And college students and teenagers are not what the E is looking for in fans. They want kids and those with disposable income. Most college kids and teenagers don't fit into this criteria. Disposable income and kids that have access to parents with disposable income equate to higher paying advertisers.

You want the kids to maintain their interest through teenage years and into their becoming parents with disposable income...

Axis

Reaction score
I'm not going to claim Ryder doesn't know how to work a match, you don't work in the E without some grasp of how to work. He is definitely no better than any of the other boring midcarders, that's for sure. But I watched the stuff on Raw that I didn't Monday and the E actually tried to get him over by having him take on Cole who is has legit heat. The crowd didn't pop as loud as someone who is "over" with the "teens and college students" should have. And college students and teenagers are not what the E is looking for in fans. They want kids and those with disposable income. Most college kids and teenagers don't fit into this criteria. Disposable income and kids that have access to parents with disposable income equate to higher paying advertisers.

So every single person they push should appeal to the same demographic?

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I just don't see why he isn't regularly on TV, I'm not rallying to see him in the main event, but just the occasional match/segment on TV with guys like Swagger, Bourne etc would more than suffice, imo.