The Thread of God aka CM Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
BTW, I think it was probably Cena's idea to have Johnny Ace come out there last night... I don't understand how Cena rides Punk's character's coattails with blaming authority and shit but he talks bad about Punk for being vocal how he is... nah... it's only cool if you let your enemy build the platform for YOU to start speaking on something.

We're forgetting that while Punk may have creative control, so does Triple H and John Cena... IMO, having Cena involved buries this a bit... if it wasn't all three of them, it'd be cool... any combo of two could pull this off... but you've got 3 superstar egos and characters vying for credit, and Punk's stuck still having been a heel just weeks ago and saying screw the people. The kids don't understand how to be against the establishment yet... so Punk's shit is going to take a while. But it's good he still catches heat or the fans aren't behind him, because all of this change he wants to facilitate becomes more appealing now.

However, having said that I wish Johnny Ace would die... I loved Cena making fun of him and Trips telling him he wouldn't mind seeing Cena beat him up, lmfao!

Also re: Ryder Losing...

I like it... still kinda builds on him interrupting them just a few weeks back... and he DID lose to a double-team move... and he's looking for a partner. Something tells me he'll have a surprise partner (Hawkins) he can work with better than Santino.

Again, we're JUST now starting to see him featured... we didn't expect a Sin Cara push for the guy... but he's getting time now...

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
They worked well together as a team and actually had some decent double teams. If they were to break up Otunga, like Booker T said about Slater, has a long way to go on all accounts. Hennig's a good wrestler, but lacks mic skills and his moveset is Ziggler-riffic. I'd say they could be a good team, unfortunately the WWE needs to start having other teams for them to face, otherwise they'll break them up too soon...

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
BTW, anyone else think Otunga is improving? He and McHennig looked pretty good as a team last night and Otunga is attempting some personality. Good for them.

They worked well together as a team and actually had some decent double teams. If they were to break up Otunga, like Booker T said about Slater, has a long way to go on all accounts. Hennig's a good wrestler, but lacks mic skills and his moveset is Ziggler-riffic. I'd say they could be a good team, unfortunately the WWE needs to start having other teams for them to face, otherwise they'll break them up too soon...

I thought their team gimmick was pretty cool, tbh. I liked the way they worked together and they seem like they're legitimate friends, which I didn't sense from Gabriel/Slater. I loved a few of the double-team moves as well... especially the corner clothesline combo. I do hope they stick with these two for awhile, because they're definitely capable of carrying a tag division if they ever decide to focus on it again.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Otunga/Perfect Jr are a perfect example of two guys, neither phenomenal in any way (Mike is a solid worker, and I liked Otunga's mic work on NXT and early on in the Nexus) but together they just mesh perfectly, very similar to Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch a few years back. If the WWE was seriously going to rebuid a tag division, they could do worse than to have the two of them one of the focal points, atleast early on. However, Gabriel/Slater were a great team as well... and look at what that got them lmfao.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Hennig is pretty good.

[yt]IQ459grj4b4[/yt]

Airfixx

Reaction score
I can't believe there are props being given to that sack of shit tag team(*)... Just cos we have been fed shit for years, doesn't mean we have to start liking the taste of it.

(*Trust me I want to like Hennig Jnr; I really do.)

...And no, they are not a patch on Cade & Murdoch.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Nah, they ARE a pretty good team, and Monday was a perfect sign of that. Their tag-moves were crisp and timed perfectly... the comeback was done perfectly, and the TEAM has a pretty good character and dynamic.

They're no Road Warriors, but they're pretty damn good and they ARE a good building block for revamping the tag division if the E knows what's good for 'em.

noumenon

Reaction score
Really? These guys are fucking TERRIBLE. How anybody can say these two could carry a tag division is beyond me. WWE has chewed up and spit out so many legit tag teams over the past few years that you're really that blinded to think that they're the saving grace of the tag division. Give me a break.

Where the hell are the Usos at? That's a real tag team.

What happened to Joey Mercury? God knows Morrison aint doing shit.

Hawkins? Ryder is looking for a partner I believe.

All of which would be worlds more interesting than these two assholes.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Really? These guys are fucking TERRIBLE. How anybody can say these two could carry a tag division is beyond me. WWE has chewed up and spit out so many legit tag teams over the past few years that you're really that blinded to think that they're the saving grace of the tag division. Give me a break.

Where the hell are the Usos at? That's a real tag team.

What happened to Joey Mercury? God knows Morrison aint doing shit.

Hawkins? Ryder is looking for a partner I believe.

All of which would be worlds more interesting than these two assholes.

Nah, Ryder is teaming with Primo and Santino. Didn't ya hear? TAG TEAMS OF THE CENTURY.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^@ Noumenon: Exaclty! They got decent teams just ready to pull the trigger on... And yeah, I would love to see MnM brought back IF the tag belts started getting some love.

....But no, the 'oh so quick to sluuuuurp' IWC want the dregs from Nexus.

^Nah, they ARE a pretty good team, and Monday was a perfect sign of that. Their tag-moves were crisp and timed perfectly... the comeback was done perfectly, and the TEAM has a pretty good character and dynamic.

C'mon dude, so they actually had a half decent outing for a change (!!!) this week and all of a sudden they're good enough to be the foundation of a newly invigorated tag division? (Not saying that is your claim specifically, but it seems to be the general concensus all of a sudden...)

Go back a mere week or two and many of those championing them now were saying "fire them".

At this rate it'll be "Otunga for world champ" before the month is out. :roll:

straight_edge76

Reaction score
This thread went from Punk, to Rider, to McGullicutty/Otunga. LMAO amazing.

However, on the Otunga/McGullicutty topic, are they anything spectacular? No. But like I mentioned, the WWE's tag division is in the shitter. If they decided to rebuilt the tag division,they could be a good team to include in the focal point, atleast initally. Will they be an all time great team? I doubt it, but the WWE could do a whole lot worse.

Neither guy, like I mentioned, I can see amounting to much of anything on their own, but as a team they could have quite the career in the WWE.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
C'mon dude, so they actually had a half decent outing for a change (!!!) this week and all of a sudden they're good enough to be the foundation of a newly invigorated tag division? (Not saying that is your claim specifically, but it seems to be the general concensus all of a sudden...)

Go back a mere week or two and many of those championing them now were saying "fire them".

At this rate it'll be "Otunga for world champ" before the month is out. :roll:

They haven't been horrid in the past, man. C'mon. Yeah, this week was an elevation, but it was a very notable elevation considering they were facing a team with absolutely no foundation whatsoever. They looked legitimate. And you know I'm not crowning them the all-time greatest tag team in the world... I'm simply saying they worked together very well the other night and complimented each other, so if they can continue to work well together, they can definitely help rebuild the tag division. I'm not saying keep them as champs for 17 months like Edge & Christian, but, they absolutely look like a decent tag team. Again, they're no Hardys, E&C, or Dudley Boyz, but they're more than adequate to help work the tag division.

And the reason they're being praised as a team is because as a team, they DO compliment each other... as singles wrestlers, they're nothing really... so you groom them through the tag division for a couple years as opposed to 2 months like has been the status quo in the WWE since 2003.

Rell

Reaction score
sidenote - Otunga desperately needs bigger trunks. I'm tired of his ass cheeks slipping from beneath them. It was REALLY bad on Smackdown last week. His right ass cheek was exposed for the entire match, and he did nothing about it.

lol my boy calls him "wedgie otunga"

...god...

Reaction score
Uh.. Otunga and Hennig are AWFUL, not one good or interesting thing about them. They used tag-team moves? Wow, fucking congratulations for them. It's funny how you look at the tag team scale from the late 90's to now and how it steadily got shittier and shittier. From the Dudleys, Hardy's, E&C then to transition into tag teams like Cade and Murdock, Deuce and Domino, and MnM, which were certainly PASSABLE, all had some sort of unique qualities. Then.. to now, where tag-teams are non-existant and have been shit on probably worse than the divas. All the while, Blue nerds on the internet are acting like the Attitude Era is back after Punk cut a cool promo and Cena/Punk had a great match. News flash: The WWE still blows.