The Thread of God aka CM Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
So Austin was on AOTS today and was asked if the rumors of him vs. Punk at next year's Mania are true... Austin said he respects Punk and if he came back for one more match, he'd want it to be vs. Punk. When they asked him if it was gonna happen at Mania, he wouldn't comment one way or the other o_O

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Austin is just saying the right thing. He doesn't want to rule out the possibility, like a certain other Attitude Era star and look like a doofus years later. I think it was also a show of respect for Punk, he is in a lot better shape than he was a few years ago (I remember when he couldn't even do a stunner) but you have to remember his neck and knees are crap, idk if he would be willing to risk being crippled for a one off match.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
punk_at_teh_night_show_by_myfriendjoey-d463si3.jpg

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Austin:

CM Punk's storyline and SummerSlam:

"I really enjoyed it. It was like a breath of fresh air. He’s telling it like it is. He’s got himself a good contract now and they are treating him like the top guy that he is. You know when you’re going along with candy coated storylines, and something organic comes along, it’s a good chance to make a lot of money. They threw HHH in there, and I just hope they play their cards right. It was an interesting PPV (Summerslam) - I saw Del Rio coming but it will be interesting to see it working out."

Rumors of he and CM Punk at WrestleMania 28:

"Look I’ve heard the same things and I’ve said that were I to do it CM Punk would be the man I would like to do it with. All the stars would have to align for that to happen – it would have to be good for me financially, good for me in terms of execution and storyline. Obviously it would have to be good for WWE and work out for CM Punk too. I’m not starting up anything here, but could it happen? Yes. Will it happen? I don’t know."

That sounds a lot more than just saying all the right things. It sounds like he's for it but he's waiting on everything to pan out with Vince >_>

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Austin vs Punk honestly dosent seem like its gonna happen to me. Punk has lost way too much steam already since MITB and unless they can somehow work a miracle and help gain that buzz back and keep up all the way until mania, then it wont happen. If anything Austins last match will be against Cena's punk ass at WM29. But who wouldnt love to watch Austin whoop Cenas ass, thatd be a dream come true for me. But knowing WWE theyd put Cena over making him look untouchable, even though Austins ovbiously the best superstar theyve ever had in company history.

And by the way, lately the new threads never average 30-40 responces, 5 is much more accurate. Id much rather see an active thread with multiple sujects being talked about, than a bunch of dead threads just sitting there. The forum is not like it used to be, if it was still active as shit, then there would be room to complain about things like that, but tbh it dosent matter whats being posted where anymore as long as people are posting, thats what matters.

Reaction score
How has he lost steam? Last night was the loudest pop he's gotten since Chicago. He's the focus of Raw right now and the show's top face right now. He's already passed that tweener level and I think WWE wanted that to simmer a bit longer, but with as much trendy hate that Cena gets, Punk is indeed the top face. Cena's turning heel, too. He's doing too much shit that's against his character and I love the MITB symmetry.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Cena's not turning heel...

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Idk I missed his promo to in the opening segment maybe I missed that pop because it didnt seem like much of a pop to me during his entrance in the main event. But I did love the Cena hate and the T shirt getting thrown back into the ring, shit was hilarious dont think we've seen that since ONS?

NerdcoreWannabe

Reaction score
I won't say Punk has lost steam, but A; HHH comes across more mature and in control despite being duped than punk. B: Cena's getting the title shot. and C: Nash, all I'm really going to say about that.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Idk I missed his promo to in the opening segment maybe I missed that pop because it didnt seem like much of a pop to me during his entrance in the main event. But I did love the Cena hate and the T shirt getting thrown back into the ring, shit was hilarious dont think we've seen that since ONS?

Just because the male portion of Canadian fans don't like him doesn't mean he's heel.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
I was replying to Enzo on whether Punk got a loud pop or not, then somehow started talking about Cenas shirt getting thrown back* lol

Canadian

Reaction score
Punk was so much better 2 months ago than he is now. He was all talk no action, until this last RAW, with the mic bump.