The tallest building on planet Earth, Burj Dubai inaugurates. - Jan 4th 2010.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

It's certainly a historical moment for not only Dubai but all of the Middle East.

Two times the size of the Empire State building, Burj Dubai (Burj Khalifa) inaugurated today and it was the most fantastic inauguration I've ever seen.

[YT]kZhFsklGfXY[/YT]

[YT]QEYEg0Uvc04[/YT]

C4

I know they are in debt but that is the most iconic landmark in the entire world so why not celebrate?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I think any of the ancient/modern wonders of the world would disagree.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Just saying they could have thought a little more before deciding to do it.
But yea, nice building.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
But if you guys feel the need to show off your world's biggest phallic symbol to make up for the lack of certain endowments then whatever floats your boat I guess.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
oh and if for some reason the other emirates won't help them, I'd laugh my ass of seeing China owning Dubai.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
lol yea. And I'd laugh even more seeing that giant penis up the US ass, when China's PPP surpass theirs next year.

Wrestling Station

first time Dubai got this crisis, their governor went to Abu Dhabi asking for help but Abu Dhabi refused. Then he went to Saudi Arabia, also refused to pay to them. Then he came to Kuwait, and they accepted it on one occassion; that is to have shares in every new thing Dubai makes. This was like couple of years ago. True story.

But it seems that Dubai are out of resources, this time Abu Dhabi accepted to help them but I think they are following what Kuwait did couple of years ago lol.

Dubai will eventually turn out to be a small piece of meat every other country will have a byte!

C4

I think any of the ancient/modern wonders of the world would disagree.

No they won't.

Just saying they could have thought a little more before deciding to do it.
But yea, nice building.

When they started the construction of this building, Dubai wasn't in Debt or even if it was, not to this scale. Cash was flowing from all over the world into the city.

And the only reason why Dubai is in debt right now is because of the enormous construction projects. And remember, Dubai is self-governed and is a part of the UAE which happens to be in great financial condition right now so even if a giant 'financial crisis' hits Dubai even bigger than the one right now, the other cities of the UAE are likely to help it out as they are helping it out right now.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
No they won't.

And the only reason why Dubai is in debt right now is because of the enormous construction projects. And remember, Dubai is self-governed and is a part of the UAE which happens to be in great financial condition right now so even if a giant 'financial crisis' hits Dubai even bigger than the one right now, the other cities of the UAE are likely to help it out as they are helping it out right now.

I know. They still miscalculated the costs, which is why the other emirates waited weeks before doing anything to help them. And it looks that Abu Dhabi will help re-paying only a small part.
Dubai is awesome, an awesome land of conquest.