The Streak 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which Streak match should take place at WrestleMania 28?

• Foley vs. Undertaker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Triple H vs. Undertaker 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Taker vs. Foley in a revival of their feud?

Or Triple H vs. Taker 3?

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
It looked as though Foley could barely move in the rumble match and I'm sick of Triple H facing him, the only guy I see him facing would be Jericho since that ginger fuck won the rumble and not him. Jericho Vs Taker could be awesome, not really sure who else could face him unless they wanted someone like Ziggler to face him help get him more over or something.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
If it's not Jericho, it won't be anyone. Can't see them doing HHH/Taker again. LOL @ the Foley suggestion.

Edit - unless Brock comes back between now and EC. I don't even know if he's allowed to though.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Foley could hardly jog to the ring last night and was just sluggish his entire time in the ring. Just no.

Remember when people said DiBiase should beat the Undertaker at Mania? Yeah maybe it's finally his year. Or perhaps Jindar Mihal? Maybe Santino? Or Alex Riley? Jericho or Brock. Unless Del Rio returns.

...god...

Reaction score
If it had to be one I'd say Foley, but the only one I wanna see is Cena. Or I guess Lesnar if he comes back.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
God damnit! This is between THESE two options only you bastards.

Nation told me 9 out of 10 votes between these two would be for Foley, and I'd be the only one to prefer Taker/Trips over Taker/Foley...

nation

Reaction score
Roberts only has better psychology, he is the master of that art. Rude is one of the greatest heels ever. You clearly missed his run in WCW.

Reaction score
No, quite familiar. His best matches were against Steamer and Dustin...in the MIDCARD. Familiar with the term Big Fish in a small pond? Obviously not or you wouldn't be reaching with empty arguments. Give me a couple of great Rude promos. There aren't any. He had the look, he had the charisma, but his mic skills were marginal at best and he was heavily reliant on his lady mans gimmick. I can name 4 better heels from the same period because Rude is only the 5th best. Again, I LOVE Rude, but you're only arguments are "he got pops and he was under rated in WCW and he gave Warrior a good match" But... Vader was THE top heel in WCW during that time frame, that's why Vader was a multiple time WCW Champ and Rude was mid card champ. Pops? No, heat, yeah, but again, big fish, small pond, really small honestly. And Hogan, an infinitely inferior in ring worker compared to Rude, gave Warrior a much better matches than the good-at-best cage match Rude gave Warrior. Their singles matches were average Warrior fare. I'm sorry, but Rude isn't this god that you think he is. His best program was with Jake, while it wasn't Jake's best program. He had great matches in the mid card and some really good ones on top with Sting, but he was never the man in WCW, Vader was the undeniable top heel. His best WCW stuff is against Steamer and Dustin. He barely dabbled into the Flair feud and his Sting stuff was average Sting vs any-heel-not named Vader or Flair stuff. Trust me, I know Rude. I seen the guy wrestle in dresses, seen the guy as the World Class (used to have a two disk comp) champ (where people can point the drop off in WCCW attendance...just sayin) and seen his best run with Bobby fuckin Heenan doing the man's mic work. I'm sorry, the true Gods don't have mic men MC'ing them during their best run. Great heel, worker, attire, look and charisma. He's just not as good as you want to think.

But for shits and giggles, 5 better heels than Rude from the same era (I'd put Piper #1 but Pipes was a face by the time Rude made an impact):

1. Roberts
2. DiBiasie
3. Vader (would be higher, just couldn't talk, but his time up top, global dominance and so forth puts him here)
4. Anderson
5. Hennig

nation

Reaction score
You listing Hennig is all that needs to be said. Hennig did fuck all in WCW. After his glory days of Mr Perfect he was done, love Curt but his career was dead after Mr Perfect while Rude was a top midcard guy in the WWF and he was a top guy in WCW during his run. Rude could cut great promos. He worked the mic real good as the enforcer for Hennig and he was awesome commentating Curt's matches. People hated Rude. He was one of the best arrogant cocky conceited heels ever. I never said he was the man in WCW, I said he was a top guy during his runs as WCW International World Champion.

Reaction score
You having no substance to your argument says it all.
Yeah, he did jack shit in WCW. But he was a World Champ in the AWA, which even in that time of decline was in a similar position WCW of the early 90's was. Rude was internationl champion, a second rate title that didn't mean shit. The only reason it was "created" is because Flair brought Big Gold back with him and they wanted to use that belt as their main "World" belt and some other rubbish with a dying NWA that WCW withdrew from a second time. It was only around for year or so before they unified into the World title. Hennig was headlining the third biggest promotion in America for a few years.

Again, since your a Rude expert, pitch me some good Rude promos. And what do you mean great enforcer for Hennig? You mean him standing out there as nWo member 2,342,109,394 in a suit, eat up payroll and do nothing? Absolutely classic. Hennig, while having the common ground with Rude having Heenan as his manager, spoke more often for himself. He could talk miles around Rude, let alone wrestle circles around the guy. He was a great color commentator, while if you listen to Rude doing color in ECW, you can hear why the man would want to make a comeback wrestling. He was awful.

So in conclusion, Hennig was a World Champ with several classics to his name while I can't think of one Rude match that goes past the 3 1/2 flakes territory. Hennig was more of a top guy because he was a top guy in a fed that was drawing perhaps bigger numbers than WCW was in the early 90s during Rude's run. WCW only turned a profit 2 years of it's existence and it had nothing to do with Rude. And here's some more food for thought; Vince wanted to put Hennig over Hulk FUCKIN Hogan, but Hogan refused. Kind of goes to show you what the greatest promoter of All Time thought of two mid card heels in their prime. Perfect was a more complete package than Rude.

Just pad your argument with some sort of evidence. It's easy to argue with broad statements like "Rude could cut great promos" Really? Can you suggest some? "People hated Rude", yeah and they hated Hennig more. Enough to warrant a program with the biggest name of the Era. "He was one of the best arrogant, cocky conceited heels ever." So was Hennig. He was so much better at it than Rude that he was dubbed Mr. Perfect. Remember his intro vignettes? Classic, better than anything Rude ever did. Perfect was the epitome of cocky, arrogant heel. And he was a real World Champ and held one of the most prestigious World titles that ever existed. Rude's best run was with a belt built on a fake entity that was planned to be merged into the real World title within a year. Hennig supersedes Rude in every aspect of wrestling. Better talker. By far the better worker. More success.

We can keep doing this, but at the end of the day, you're using the "he's so under rated" argument to over rate the guy.

Axis

Reaction score
Also, way to point out one guy from Enzo's list that you think is wrong. Hennig was an iffy one, but I'd like to hear your arguments as to why Rude was a better heel than Roberts, DiBiase, or Vader.

nation

Reaction score
Why? This all started with me saying Rude might be the most underrated and he is one of the best heels ever, not the greatest heel. Vader is the best big guy ever and DiBiase I'm not going to argue with. I never even mentioned anything against those guys. Only thing I can say despite how much I love Vader is that he was the top guy in one of the worst periods for WCW with the company in horrible shape. But Rude never really got a proper run as a top guy(he was the international world champion but not actually the WCW Champion).

As for Roberts, guy was definitely the master of psychology and yeah he was an amazing heel. His rivalry with Savage was one of the best ever and some of the best heel work ever. He also had great feuds with Taker and Steamboat but while Roberts had great times as heel, it wasn't his complete cup of tea which sure as hell isn't a bad thing since he was just as good as a face as he was a heel in my opinion. That's obviously something Roberts has better, he could nail it as a face and a heel. I never said Rude is better, I said he was a better heel. Rude never even made a face turn(yeah he started out as face but he was a jobber), he was a heel because he is the fucking definition of a heel. Seriously, the fucking definition of what a Heel should be. He was exclusively a heel throughout his career unless you want to count his jobber days.

I really don't known how the hell you can compare Roberts as a fucking heel to Rude as a heel. Rude was always a heel, Roberts had split time as face and heel. Am I saying Rude's work as heel was superior to Roberts' work as heel? Hell no but again Rude was always a heel and always an amazing heel. Ironic you're comparing these two together when Rude had some of the best heel work against Jake fucking Roberts in one if not their most famous feud. Rude had great mic work, not all of his promos were mind blowing but really how many guys are? Again, I love Vader but name me a few legendary Vader promos, Lol. HBK, Rock, Austin, Flair, Foley, Savage, Punk, Trips, Taker, JBL, Angle, etc. Of course as I've already listed there is a nice list of guys but it's an elite class. Hennig had great work on the mic, Bret had some good moments, DiBiase was always solid and great on the mic, same with Roberts but how many legendary promos and motions have they had? It's not fair to shit on Rude with so many other guys aren't in that elite memorable legendary promos either. Rude, Hennig, DiBiase, etc were always great on the mic so it doesn't really matter. Doesn't really matter if you don't have that big legendary promo when you always cut good promos and you were solid on the mic like they all were.

But christ if you really want something, the promo with Rude showing up on Nitro the same night as he was on Raw is really famous and remembered for the Monday Night Wars. Was it a top of line legendary promo? No but it's an extremely memorable. Back to the Roberts/Rude though, like I mentioned their feud is one of the most memorable feuds they ever had with Rude making some of the best heel work ever. All of that shit towards Robert's ex wife was as personal and heated as you can get. Rude was working it top of the line as heel and on the mic. Rick Rude knew how to get heat like few guys did. This shit alone made Rude a legendary heel but he also had awesome and memorable work/feuds against Sting, Warrior(again carrying him to one of the best matches, his best match? No, never fucking said it was but it's one of a few rare Warrior classics), The King, Wahoo McDaniel, Kerry Von Erich, Steamboat, Dusty, etc.

So in conclusion, yes Rude was a better heel. I have no idea how you can even argue you this shit when Rude was always a heel. If you're trying to say/argue that Roberts had just as heel work, yes his work was just as could and at points better than some of Rude's work but with all of that Rude had as heel, it's pretty stupid to argue Roberts as an overall better heel.