• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The State of AWF

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
I like how we went from discussing how to help fix our dead forum, to talking about how much we like another one, even the Admin.. no wonder why this place is in the fucking toilet.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
^Negative Nancy

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Not to mention we do this every 2-3 months in the first place, then TIO stirs things up by reordering staff and people are like "whoa wtf?" from every direction, then KenFan comes in and talks all:

Rape this bitch between the toilet and sink
Put a John Cena Mattel action figure between her bewbs
She starts to enjoy the sex
Then it's not rape anymore
Rubber ducky, chicken noodle soup
Ramen, Nopes.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
^Negative Nancy

What positive is coming out of this? I personally have no clue what other forum your talking about, so to see all of our mainly active members and our admin post about how much they enjoy someone elses forum is pretty irritating. Especially when its in a thread which started out with ways to save THIS forum from death.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Whoah, calm down.
I'm not even on that forum, how the hell I can enjoy it?
I was looking around other forums for something that can help us, and came across axis, that's all.
From what I saw, the only one who posts actively there, is peepshow, and I don't see why we should make a big deal out of it.
All I did was in the interest of our own.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I'll tell you right now, TIO.. if the owner can't be contacted to help or provide others with the power to help, then there isn't much good for people asking for changes around here.

I'll be the first to tell you it's stupid to allow people to comment on news on the homepage... they should be asked to register to the forums to discuss the topics.

Seriously, get a-hold of the owner before you start asking people for changes we should make, or get the power to do it before you ask... because if people ask, and we discuss, and they start to expect it, the letdown is crucial if we can't do it.

I've already told you of changes we should make. The news feed on the side of the main forum page should be for news, not Divas. I don't even believe we should have a shoutbox to be completely honest with you. It really limits what people post in threads, and we do have some good discussion in there that could take place in threads.

I also think we should bring back the debate league, I'll run it if we can establish a set of judges. It seemed like that had the potential to be a good section if we could have gotten people to focus on it.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
I'll be the first to tell you it's stupid to allow people to comment on news on the homepage... they should be asked to register to the forums to discuss the topics.
I like the idea. I'll ask.
Seriously, get a-hold of the owner before you start asking people for changes we should make, or get the power to do it before you ask... because if people ask, and we discuss, and they start to expect it, the letdown is crucial if we can't do it.
Not as easy as you think, due to the things that went on in the past. The best way to avoid further problems, is coming up with specific stuff and , when I can't , asking Mike to do them.
I've already told you of changes we should make. The news feed on the side of the main forum page should be for news, not Divas.
Will be done.
I don't even believe we should have a shoutbox to be completely honest with you. It really limits what people post in threads, and we do have some good discussion in there that could take place in threads.
We didn't have it for a while and people wanted it back. I'll make a thread with a poll.
I also think we should bring back the debate league, I'll run it if we can establish a set of judges. It seemed like that had the potential to be a good section if we could have gotten people to focus on it.
Really too few people atm. Instead I'd really want to have the e-fed back, and I'm focusing on that for the moment.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
This is how this goes down, at least from my experience.

TIO contacts Mark to do something, Mark tells Mike to do it. Never gets done. Or at least doesn't get done properly.

I like Axis' idea tbh.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
This is how this goes down, at least from my experience.

TIO contacts Mark to do something, Mark tells Mike to do it. Never gets done. Or at least doesn't get done properly.

I like Axis' idea tbh.
That absolutely should not be what goes on (and I understand mods shouldn't be discussing this in the open, but if that's what it takes to initiate change, then so be it) and something NEEDS to change because of it. IDK what the relationship is between Mark and Mike, but Mark's got to understand that if business isn't getting done, he's got to make changes. I mean, we've seen concrete evidence that the forum is hurting, and there is correlation that the decline started with other instances (all of which I'm not up to speed on so I won't comment on them)... something needs to be done where the correct power can be given to someone else.

The last forum I adminned on, the admin group had absolutely no power to change anything... we couldn't even create subforums and shit... and none of the regular members wanted to believe that shit because they had never seen that shit happen anywhere. The owner wouldn't listen to a fucking thing, then disappeared for months, came back, and gave the admin (without notifying us) one week with the power to make the changes we needed to make, and by the time we figured out we had those powers, he had just taken them from us and told us we should have been aware, lmfao. Long story short, he refused to help, then disappeared, closed the forum down, changed over the domain name, and reopened with all of our shit still there, but removed the entire mod staff and made his own, and the forum is dead.

We need to cut out the middleman shit with Mark... he's the main guy. And people need to be given the ability to make the changes that need to happen. If Mike's not going to do shit, why the fuck is he being left in charge to see this shit die?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
That absolutely should not be what goes on (and I understand mods shouldn't be discussing this in the open, but if that's what it takes to initiate change, then so be it)

Fuck that, transparency is good sometimes. Let them take their medicine.

If Mike's not going to do shit, why the fuck is he being left in charge to see this shit die?

Because apparently it is easier to deal with someone who doesn't give a shit as opposed to someone who did.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Tried to change the skin and now it looks like that room Morpheus took Neo to when he asked what the Matrix is. Shit. Settings don't even work properly in this thing.

My post will probably get ignored, I know this because there's no breasts in it. But if you do know how to fix this let me know.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
changed skin to which one?

As for better ones, unfortunately good skins for vbulletin 4 cost money. I've been looking around and all the free ones suck.