• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
afd5d0e8672c0c762108e45c2c3bf906.jpg

Reactions: Leo C and Majour

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I knew from the very start Dean would be left with nothing. Seth is the top heel and Roman is gonna be the top face. That leaves Dean with no direction and one way ticket to jobber land
so true. Ambrose is a pussy boy jobbber fuck.

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score
So... with Seth Rollins' betrayal in the books what is next for the Shield? Do Reigns and Ambrose form a tag team? I think WWE is a little too high on Reigns for that to happen. Will they team up to take out Rollins? Is Ambrose the next Shield member to turn their back on Reigns? There are a lot of different paths to choose from.

So my question is.... What is next for The Shield? Where would you take the story-line from here?

Let's discuss.

It's simple; Batista will be back - as the third member of the Shield.

88d8db7b7df19c610a7e141c4f6c6b6b.jpg

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score
It's simple logic..Batista will come back - as the third member of The Shield.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Nice article WWE.com

If Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns were to take on a third Superstar to replace Seth Rollins, they would be wise to join forces with a competitor akin to the former Architect of The Shield. That means someone athletic and technical, fearless and versatile, possessing a strong connection with the WWE Universe and the “no quit” mentality of The Hounds of Justice.

And who better fits that description than WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan? Despite his legions of fans and unquestionable success in the squared circle, some (ahem, The Authority) continue to doubt The Beard. Joining forces with two similarly slighted Superstars — who he coincidentally battled in their very first WWE match at WWE TLC 2012 — would be a perfect way for Bryan to make the naysayers believe.

If the question is whether the WWE Universe would be interested in seeing an alliance between Bryan and what’s left of The Shield, the answer is surely a roaring, resounding, “Yes!”

Source

10447668_478703445596143_7490086022456592125_n.jpg

Makes sense to me.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Okay imagine this.... Bryan wrestles at MITB in the stretcher match vs Kane. these are the rules of a stretcher match.

In the Stretcher Match, one wrestler must incapacitate their opponent to such an extent that they are able to get them onto a stretcher and roll them to the finish line; usually past a line at the top of the entrance ramp. It cannot end in a pinfall, submission, count-out, or disqualification.

So there is no DQ... the match starts... Bryan ducks and dodges Kane for a few minutes.. Reigns and Ambrose sneak down to ringside and beat the shit out of Kane (which would make sense since he is the Authority's attack dog).. they place him on the stretcher and help Bryan push it up the ramp and off the stage. Bryan retains without risking further injury... Reigns and Ambrose piss off The Authority... and Bryan joins The Shield to face The Authority alongside Reigns and Ambrose.

Why did it take WWE.com posting an article for me to think about this? lol

Last edited:

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I admit I failed to read the entire thread but for me and a good fit.

COREY GRAVES.

Reactions: Rogue

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Bryan in Shield for me kills his ME momentum. Bryan is currently ME. Shield are secondary so for me its a no!

Stopspot

Reaction score
No one should join the shield. You cannot re-create that chemistry.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
No one should join the shield. You cannot re-create that chemistry.
Whilst this is true with the new gen Evolution containing Rollins it seems crazy to not add a member. Momentum is so high right now it'd take a huge f@"k up to destroy them. Nothing to lose a lot to gain as if Reigns can gel with another Shield member his almighty predicted push is less ridiculous if he can constantly adapt to new styles.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Whilst this is true with the new gen Evolution containing Rollins it seems crazy to not add a member. Momentum is so high right now it'd take a huge f@"k up to destroy them. Nothing to lose a lot to gain as if Reigns can gel with another Shield member his almighty predicted push is less ridiculous if he can constantly adapt to new styles.
Adding a new member is everything to lose. Triple H isn't going to wrestle until Summerslam most likely so the dynamic as it is now works. Rollins and Orton with Hunter in their corner against Ambrose and Reigns.

Plus it's not about faked chemistry. But real chemistry. The shield worked so well because Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose are best friends.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I still see them needing a member but I understand your concerns. But tbh Reigns is on a steep learning curve if sites to be believed so give him one. New member or more mic and wrestling time.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
:no:to Daniel Bryan joining, that'd be horrid.

If someone absolutely had to replace Rollins then I'd go with Graves, I couldn't see anybody else remotely fitting well.