The Shield vs. Evolution

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Shield Has attacked Orton, Tried to attack HHH.Batista wants to Return

Would it happen?
Would you want to See it?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Would it happen?
Easily would watch it. Heyman can be in their corner while Punk and Brock are away, and Flair could be in Evolutions corner.

HB_Punk

Reaction score

Would it happen?

I would love the angle and would be all over it, however this is too creative or the WWE to pick up.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I don't want to see it because I'd be worried Triple H and Evolution would bury them. Not to mention the fact that 3 of the 4 members of Evolution hardly even wrestle anymore. It's something that looks sexy on paper, but I seriously doubt the quality of the match would live up to the hype. Actually, it's not even that sexy when you really look at what Evolution is now:

Randy Orton - Mid-carder
Triple H - Semi-retired
Batista - Not even a wrestler right now
Ric Flair - Occasionally-retired 64-year-old

The angle would take a lot of work just to get this band back together and it's a lot of work just for them to lose, which is what they should do.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
I'm with Legion on this one. It would only be good as a big push for the Shield. The only thing wrong with it would be that afterwards, they would
truly be unstoppable, and to do that with heels is entering NWO territory. We all know where that leads.

Killz

Reaction score
This would be an incredible idea to lead to an eventual break-up of the Shield. I'm not saying they need to go their separate ways right now of course, it's still entertaining and interesting, but WWE would do well to have a 6 month plan from now to break them up before the stale really sets in.

The angle would be easy to work, there are SO many foils for the match participants, and the heels could go down swinging as individuals obviously looking great against the powerhouse Batista, the legend Hunter and the best worker 9 times out of 10 in the company right now in Orton.

Evolution would have to go over unfortunately but if you were looking at a 6-12 month time period for feud and payoff there's no reason that couldn't bleed into a Batista swansong, Hunter retirement and Orton back in the main event/at the top of the card which would be a good payoff for a past-it faction.

Unfortunately, whilst it makes a bit of sense and would be a hell of a match, I'm just not sure it'd have a chance to come to fruition. Given each individuals standing right now though never say never. 'Tista wants back eventually, Flair is about under a legends conract or whatever, Hunter can still go and Orton is floundering but still with potential. Good idea!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This would be dumb, and not creative at all....People are complaining about how WWE is trudging up past acts the last two years as being desperate and shit, and this would just scream that. Batista is getting some good headways into Hollywood anyways, why would he risk hurting himself like Rock did at this point in his life. He is 45, and not exactly ni the same boat as a Rock or Brock, where they can just do select dates. He doesn't have that kind of star power.

Also, why introduce Triple H agiant the Shield? Just so everyone on the boards can bitch about Trips taking the shit out of the Shield...burying your future, wah wah wah and shit like that....I for one wouldn't enjoy reading that shit.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Would be a sick chamber, or other brawl gimmick, insert War Games suggestion here.

No way in hell should the Shield go over though, just simply would not be believable at all. It was a stretch taking that Mania match in, Ryback had been squashing guys their size for months now suddenly he can't? Ok.