The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yes but you just named multiple forms of "gun control" as a solution. From my POV it seems there's a perception that gun control only means "banning every firearm" when a republican hears it. Possibly bc i mostly only talk to souther liberals....but I never hear anyone say that except for ones I've already deemed extreme and I listen to them as much as I listen to proud boy Republicans lol

I don’t remember if it was Nancy or Chuck, but one of them said they wouldn’t hear any proposal that didn’t have a gun ban on the table with it. Not all guns, but AR’s.

I know I hear that when I hear gun control because most politicians who say common sense gun control, are talking about banning “assault weapons.”

I do think more politicians would come to the table from the pro gun side if a compromise was really willing to be made that didn’t involve any kind of weapon bans and I do hope we see that at some point. We need it.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Truth be told, and let me state I DONT want this to happen, but it’s going to take one of these masa shootings to effect them before they do anything to try and change shit.

I still feel the trial run of some sort of shit with rifles is worth a try, I’m willing to almost try anything if it could help less people be killed. I just hate how folks use the “criminals break the law” argument. Sure, that’s true. But shit alot of them same folks want a wall on the border. Guess what? It won’t keep drugs out. They will find other ways to get in. Oh you’re against abortion? Banning it won’t stop it, people will find ways. But when you use that against them, they don’t want to hear it. They can use the “it’s gonna happen still” argument, but don’t you dare use it against them!

i don’t want to hear about my damn cousins getting gunned down in fucking school some day, I don’t wanna go to a concert and get killed myself, or a movie, or hell a fucking funeral. God damnit.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh no compromise is gonna be done lol it's just gonna be same arguments until next time I imagine. Some change, for good or bad and probably on the extreme front in some way will come after one of these shootings but you can just tell this one is going to go the way of sandy hook once every gets it out of their system

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Truth be told, and let me state I DONT want this to happen, but it’s going to take one of these masa shootings to effect them before they do anything to try and change shit.

I still feel the trial run of some sort of shit with rifles is worth a try, I’m willing to almost try anything if it could help less people be killed. I just hate how folks use the “criminals break the law” argument. Sure, that’s true. But shit alot of them same folks want a wall on the border. Guess what? It won’t keep drugs out. They will find other ways to get in. Oh you’re against abortion? Banning it won’t stop it, people will find ways. But when you use that against them, they don’t want to hear it. They can use the “it’s gonna happen still” argument, but don’t you dare use it against them!

i don’t want to hear about my damn cousins getting gunned down in fucking school some day, I don’t wanna go to a concert and get killed myself, or a movie, or hell a fucking funeral. God damnit.

You won’t find much support on this one from anyone across the aisle. The second amendment is our biggest single issue policy. Even more so than pro-life.

Mainly because it’s our biggest winning issue.

The right lost the court of public opinion on abortion.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Yeah I see this both ways and it's so infuriating lol like a liberal will say "oh gun bans don't work but abortion bans do???" When....that also proves your a hypocrite bc you want abortions legalized and guns banned :lol fucking makes no sense

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But yeah, moral of the story is: welcome to America, this is how we live now. Just gonna get worse in the next couple decades too

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I know how to get the ball rolling on this

Give black people assault weapons again.

It wouldn’t work now. The NRA uses this history as a reason against gun control. It’s marketed as racist.

They have black leadership summits that talk about arming more minorities. Same for women.

The women push is actually bigger ATM due to me too.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
You won’t find much support on this one from anyone across the aisle. The second amendment is our biggest single issue policy. Even more so than pro-life.

Mainly because it’s our biggest winning issue.

The right lost the court of public opinion on abortion.
I just don’t see like, why not try? I mean folks say it won’t work? Well put it to the test. If they are so sure of themselves, what’s wrong with stopping the sell of them for 5 years? It would be exactly like the last one, anyone who has one already can keep them. So no one has to give them up. We’ll still have them but if we go from say 10 a year to 4, would that not be a win?

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah I see this both ways and it's so infuriating lol like a liberal will say "oh gun bans don't work but abortion bans do???" When....that also proves your a hypocrite bc you want abortions legalized and guns banned :lol fucking makes no sense
Oh for sure I mean, that’s a good point. I want it to be clear I’m not for like a total gun ban. I just don’t think they are certain type of guns folks really should be able to buy. Maybe it won’t work, who knows. I’m just sick of doing nothing and being all “what can we do?” when it happens again.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

I see the double standard, but I also think their effectiveness would be quite different.

Most women won’t go through the trouble of finding a black market abortion doctor and most women won’t try back alley hanger jobs. The horror stories are out there. Some will for sure, but it would likely still see a 97% drop.

Guns on the other hand are readily available to be purchased illegally and most rifles used in mass shooting are already illegal possessed as it is now. People willing to shoot kids aren’t thinking about the law as much as every day woman who just needed to end a pregnancy.

The main culprit though is if we wanted to ban any kind of gun itself, you’d have to strengthen the border.

Which honestly would be interesting to see play out of that was a comprising policy trade off in the senate.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The women push is actually bigger ATM due to me too.
What did you do?

I joke...

NRA, 2nd amendment enthusiasts and gun nuts in general sure don't think much of the US if they paint it as a place full of crazy people so mass shootings are just inevitable.

Not very patriotic "we're the greatest and most freest country in the world....now excuse me I need to carry around military weapons because I don't feel safe out here".

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Blaze said:
Oh for sure I mean, that’s a good point. I want it to be clear I’m not for like a total gun ban. I just don’t think they are certain type of guns folks really should be able to buy. Maybe it won’t work, who knows. I’m just sick of doing nothing and being all “what can we do?” when it happens again.
I mean yeah, I've just sadly accepted that anyone I know could be shot today cause we live in America. I don't even see the point of talking about it anymore cause going in circles is annoying af, just gonna try and keep my head down. Maybe move eventially but accounting doesn't really translate outside of America bc we have our own system different from everyone else in the world.....love it here

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Make note of all exits anywhere you're gonna be for a prolonged period of time, office, movie theaters, etc.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I see the double standard, but I also think their effectiveness would be quite different.

Most women won’t go through the trouble of finding a black market abortion doctor and most women won’t try back alley hanger jobs. The horror stories are out there. Some will for sure, but it would likely still see a 97% drop.

Guns on the other hand are readily available to be purchased illegally and most rifles used in mass shooting are already illegal possessed as it is now. People willing to shoot kids aren’t thinking about the law as much as every day woman who just needed to end a pregnancy.

The main culprit though is if we wanted to ban any kind of gun itself, you’d have to strengthen the border.

Which honestly would be interesting to see play out of that was a comprising policy trade off in the senate.
I’m already in favor of this anyways. As long as we also have a better system of vetting folks. As it is now, it seems it’s hard for people to get legally let in, and some folks who aren’t coming here to harm us, and actually try to escape Mexico will sadly die before being accepted because of how broken the system is.