The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Sigh. It sucks. Because most of the "conspiracy theories" came true. Its gonna take a long time for everyone in this thread to leave the "cult" or "hivemind."
:mj we agree it’s hivemind. Y’all agree and it’s not? Shocker

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
:heston

Hivemind. Nobody here can even agree on whether or not we like Bret Hart, how the fuck we a hivemind lmfao.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
:mj we agree it’s hivemind. Y’all agree and it’s not? Shocker
Thing is, I try to listen. I don't just agree just to... "be in the club." Sometimes I disagree.

At this point I am now giving up on WS' politics section, because it's littered with democrats who will support these ugly politicians

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Thing is, I try to listen. I don't just agree just to... "be in the club." Sometimes I disagree.

At this point I am now giving up on WS' politics section, because it's littered with democrats who will support these ugly politicians
And the thing is, with me. I’m how I always am. I’ve never supported any type of protest that’s blocking traffic, no matter if I agree with what they are protesting or not. As I said, I’m against mandates. But I don’t like the way the truckers are doing shit. :toomanykobes I’m also not a Democrat as I said I hate them also. You have such a hard time understanding don’t you? Already accused Deezy countless times of liking Trudeau when he says he doesn’t. Like maybe actually read and understand peoples post and views.

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't just agree just to... "be in the club."
Bruh, you were literally passing along videos like you were a Jehovah's Witness. How is that not being "in the club"?

And you do know that a lot of people here are not American so..... :draper2

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
No one likes Trudeau, not even liberal voters

• Haha
Reactions: Rosie

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Emergencies act stuff is meaningless anyways its just to cuddle the right. They've been bashing natives and hippies heads in the forests in Vancouver for the better part of the year. So great job "protesters" you've made it that much easier for them to justify using measures because you were too dumb to realize your bring played by both sidess and not only that, mandates were always temporary and have been removed every wave . If only good causes like indigenous rights and environmental protesters were this funded and ideologically backed huh

Reactions: Rosie

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Oh and never mind the fact they just found 60 more graves in bc, yay

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Bruh, you were literally passing along videos like you were a Jehovah's Witness. How is that not being "in the club"?
Just because I post videos DOES NOT make me Jenovah's witness. For example, I don't like IAN. He's a dumbass. Tim has some really stupid takes, and things I disagree with. But does it mean I won't listen? No. You open your mind, and listen to whatever is going on in the world.
And you do know that a lot of people here are not American so..... :draper2
I realize that. But you guys are talking like Democrats like 50 percent of the time.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Just because I post videos DOES NOT make me Jenovah's witness. For example, I don't like IAN. He's a dumbass. Tim has some really stupid takes, and things I disagree with. But does it mean I won't listen? No. You open your mind, and listen to whatever is going on in the world.

I realize that. But you guys are talking like Democrats like 50 percent of the time.
So I guess when someone speaks in absolutes they're speaking like Republicans :okay

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Your selective reading really show why you buy this shit.

No one called them terrorists, racist? Yeah.....the Nazi flags are kind of a......well.....a RED FLAG.

This.

If you want a literal definition of terrorism, then it is the illegitimate use of violence to promote fear for political aims. If someone uses the word terrorism, then we refer to that.

As for @Stone Cold X

You have been deflecting everything looking at the actual protests themselves and pointing to saying "OH BUT BLACK LIVES MATTER DID THIS" and "OH BUT JUSTIN TRUDEAU LOVES CHINA!" and what we have been trying to do is point out all the issues with the protest, some of which you agreed with, but then you shift the conversation towards other things. You are also arguing a lot from a perspective of an American, and I don't mean as an insult, I mean as someone who doesn't fully comprehend Canada's own laws and features which do play a lot into this conversation as well.

P.S: Due to China's large international influence, it is a hard spot to be too critical of them in public as a world leader. hence why no country outright calls Taiwan a state/country (State in the IR definition, an political entity with a defined population, territory, political body, and domestic autonomy/international hegemony) because it is fucking hard to without repercussions so. Hence why, despite the fact that a lot of countries trade with Taiwan, and they are practically independent, when asked they go "What do you mean? Taiwan is a rogue province of China *wink*" So, even if I don't agree with it, and I wish we could do more to "stand up" and remove us from influence, I get it. But also it is no excuse to bash the Chinese people/people of Chinese descent for what their government is doing.

As for your sources SC, they are biased and aren't exactly the most legitimate. They take certain things said, and snowball them into leaps of logic and conspiracy theories, which falls under multiple logical fallacies.

You also use the phrase "Canadian Government's TV" so I assume you're talking about CBC, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Their creation was a response to ensure Canadian content on our airwaves since they are very flooded with US sources. They also report the news and have an obvious focus on Canadian news since otherwise US news would overshadow everything. Also they have regularly shown Saturday night hockey games from the NHL that feature at least one Canadian team.

Now, they are government funded, but they are INDEPENDENTLY OPERATED It does not matter if it is the Liberal party or the Conservative party in charge, they get money and they report on the news, doesn't matter if it is favourable to the government in charge or not. They report on any Scandal related to any government. Whether it was a Senate Expenses Scandal during the Conservative's time in charge, SNC Lavalin during the time the Liberals are in power, they do their job. Are they perfect? No, but throughout my entire time in Undergrad, there were news sources my professors (people with PHDs) told us were for the most part reliable. For Canada, CBC was one of their first choices because they are not ran by the same two media corporations as most other news source is in this country and generally have good standards.

Here is their Journalistic Standards. They link it at the end of every article and they commit themselves to independence, correcting mistakes if they make them, and other things you can see here.

Finally, onto Justin, maybe I'll state my OPINION HERE on him. THIS IS OPINION BUT I WILL TRY TO MAKE SURE I STATE SOME THINGS TO EXPLAIN WHY!

I'm neutral on him, with a slight shift one way or the other depending on what is happening.

Generally, and I have said this before, I am more on the left than I am on the right and with my views, they usually fall in line with a mix of Liberal policy, NDP policy, and Green (in terms of environment). So I'm not far left, blabbing about taking the means of production or whatever, but generally it is where I fall.

Now there have been some policy decisions I have generally agreed with during the course of their time in charge. Like making all their Liberal senators non-partisan and not bound by the party line, from a Federal point of view, they have done respectable in handling the pandemic on their end being responsible for creating access to the Vaccine, having packages to support small business to try to mitigate the impact on the economy, the legalization of marijuana which was done very well in the federal side of things, creating the CETA trade agreement with Europe in 2016 being one of the more progressive trade agreements in the world, also he quite literally saved our trade deal with the US and Mexico considering Trump was threatening to tear it up and legit got him to stop by calling him and getting his attention long enough for him to forget and some other things.

HOWEVER, he has also done some dumb shit. I feel as though he has taken two steps forward, one and a half steps back in dealing with the Indigenous population, doing some things right, but falling into the same traps that have plagued countless governments before (both Conservative and Liberal), then along with the pipelines, I both semi-understand why he considered investing in them (which P.S: Alberta is the province which benefits the most from it and yet they despise him, ironic), but also believe A: meaningful consultation should have been done with the Aboriginal population before it was finalized and B: We really need to work on diversifying our energy. Then came the before mentioned SNC Lavalin in which he wanted then Justice Minister, Jody Wilson-Raybould to basically wave criminal prosecution for a company which had previously backed the party and also provides jobs in Trudeau's riding. That was heart-breaking, especially since Jody Wilson-Raybould was bright, from when I did a paper on her file I was impressed, and she was I believe one of the first Justice ministers of Aboriginal Descent. (Fun fact, during the negotiations of the Canadian Charter, when Pierre Elliot Trudeau negotiated with the Aboriginal peoples about their rights in it, the lead on the Aboriginal side was Jody's father. Things come full circle). Then I also can mention more.

But, what has kept me considering voting Liberal in elections has been a few reasons. One is due to the first-past-the-post system, it becomes harder to vote for a third party, because it feels like half the time a vote for NDP or Green is a vote for the Conservatives who I overall disagree with the second most (First is PPC, they're pretty racist). Second is that there are other members of the party that I like, one of which is my MP who I guess we have a small soft spot for because a member of her family is in the same special care home as my Uncle, and she has volunteered in the community, another is an MP in a neighboring riding who I actually have met and talked to multiple times and I have respect for.

So there! I can admit good things, but also am not blind to say he is a literal God and I can point at his short-comings and genuinely, if I could ever have a private conversation with him, I'd love to so I can point out these things which are concerning me. But the most important thing is at least I can go to sleep at night not freaking out over every little thing he does, which I guess in terms of politics I need a touch of mundane in with all the excitement.

Once again, thank you for listening to my Ted Talk.

Last edited:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
:mark: Another Beavie rant. I live for this shit.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler