The Rock's return revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Dwayne “The Rockâ€￾ Johnson has revealed when he is scheduled to return to WWE. Rock says he will be back in early 2013 to begin hyping his role for next year’s WrestleMania.

The Rock tweeted the following Friday evening:

“They asked I come back start of 2013. Have 3 films to shoot so trying to make it work. Miss that electricity though man.â€￾

Pwpix.net

No summerslam appearance nice

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Seriously? This is his idea of never going away? Why did WWE put him over Cena again? For crying out loud he's working Undertaker's schedule. Just WrestleMania and done, eh, Dwayne? So much for winning the WWE title. Just go away and stay there.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Seriously? This is his idea of never going away? Why did WWE put him over Cena again? For crying out loud he's working Undertaker's schedule. Just WrestleMania and done, eh, Dwayne? So much for winning the WWE title. Just go away and stay there.

My sentiments exactly. I know he's a big Hollywood guy now and shit, but that's just ridiculous that he can leave this long then come back and main event WM again above others who have been busting their ass and giving it their all.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
In fairness, you'll notice the tweet says "They asked..." as in the WWE asked that he return at that point. Beyond that, you don't know whether or not he wanted to be around sooner or more often, if he took those roles because the WWE didn't have a set date for him, or what the situation really is.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
In fairness, you'll notice the tweet says "They asked..." as in the WWE asked that he return at that point. Beyond that, you don't know whether or not he wanted to be around sooner or more often, if he took those roles because the WWE didn't have a set date for him, or what the situation really is.

Only thing I need to know is WWE put him over their top star and aren't doing a single with him for the rest of the year.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles

Came here to say this.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I agree with everything here. Fuck Dwayne. He doesn't deserve to be involved in WrestleMania let alone main event it. All these guys work every single day on the road doing house show after house show. What does he do. 10 appearances on raw and one pay per view. Wow isn't he a saint. Mother fucker this is ridiculous.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
I'm not really sure why everyone is so upset at the Rock. He worked you guys, as any good wrestler should lol. What would've sounded better to the WWE Universe coming from him?

"Finally, the Rock has come back home, but I've got some other things lined up so you won't see me again until next year."

or

"Finally, the Rock has come back home, and I'm never leaving again."

I would even argue that this absence works much better in keeping his character fresh in a time where the WWE takes everything good, waters it down, and shoves it down your throats 24/7. Even the most electrifying man in sports entertainment would get old fast in the current WWE climate.

Furthermore, Cena's loss at WM only made him a more interesting and intriguing character, especially how they built it up as a must win for him.

The Viper

Reaction score
I've lost all interest in The Rock anyways so it doesn't matter when he comes back (pun intended, I guess).

It was cool when he first came back in February last year. Then I got bored of it around The Rock's Birthday episode of Raw.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I agree with everything here. Fuck Dwayne. He doesn't deserve to be involved in WrestleMania let alone main event it. All these guys work every single day on the road doing house show after house show. What does he do. 10 appearances on raw and one pay per view. Wow isn't he a saint. Mother fucker this is ridiculous.
You defended the Undertaker for doing exactly the same thing, so what's the difference now?

Also, why the hell can you never post without saying "fuck someone"? Is that like your gimmick or something? Because if it is, its highly annoying and really just makes you come across like a total moron.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
For the last time, The Undertaker has worked a full schedule for 18 years. Rock worked a full schedule for 6 years.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
For the last time, The Undertaker has worked a full schedule for 18 years. Rock worked a full schedule for 6 years.

The length of time doesn't mean a thing, you are still flip-flopping on your viewpoint. Either its not alright for The Rock OR Undertaker to do it, or you are okay with it. There is no in-between and you can't justify one doing this over the other, sorry.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Because Taker deserves it more than Rock. Undertaker is hurt from all the years. Do you think the Rock is hurt? He's as healthy as an Ox

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Because Taker deserves it more than Rock. Undertaker is hurt from all the years. Do you think the Rock is hurt? He's as healthy as an Ox

That doesn't change a thing, again, you cannot have a double standard here. You either admit its wrong for Undertaker to do it, or that its right for The Rock.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don't like either of them doing it but I've already come to the conclusion it won't change with Undertaker but I'll damned if WWE let's another pull the same trick. Forget that, if Dwayne returns for another easy paycheck and pat on the back, I'm out on that one.