The Rock's return revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
That doesn't change a thing, again, you cannot have a double standard here. You either admit its wrong for Undertaker to do it, or that its right for The Rock.

Sorry I feel different. I feel that you have the right to an Undertaker schedule when you wrestle as long as he has

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
I don't like either of them doing it but I've already come to the conclusion it won't change with Undertaker but I'll damned if WWE let's another pull the same trick. Forget that, if Dwayne returns for another easy paycheck and pat on the back, I'm out on that one.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Why? It doesn't change the quality of the show any. The WWE has 99 problems, but the Rock ain't one. If the Rock doesn't get booked for WM, you think the WWE would give that time to someone lower on the card? Doubtful! They'll look to maximize profit potential with other big names. We're talking about a company that had no beef whatsoever opening the biggest PPV with a 15 second match for a major title.

It seems a major complaint about the Rock is that he's robbing a potential WM moment from all the hard-working wrestlers that aren't guaranteed an appearance. Is the Undertaker not doing the same?

I really can't wrap my head around the concept that the Rock is wrong here.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I agree with everything here. Fuck Dwayne. He doesn't deserve to be involved in WrestleMania let alone main event it. All these guys work every single day on the road doing house show after house show. What does he do. 10 appearances on raw and one pay per view. Wow isn't he a saint. Mother fucker this is ridiculous.

The Rock more than paid his dues back in his day, and did the same thing that the superstars of today do.

I don't really think Rock is in the wrong on this one, and as a fan of his I've grown accustomed to his coming and going. I realize he has other priorities now, and he's living his dream of being an actor. I'm sure that he still loves wrestling, and when he said he misses that electricity it seemed genuine.

The Viper

Reaction score
I agree with everyone that's saying Rock isn't in the wrong here. He isn't.

I just don't really care anymore. Doesn't bother me like it did a few months back.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Why? It doesn't change the quality of the show any. The WWE has 99 problems, but the Rock ain't one. If the Rock doesn't get booked for WM, you think the WWE would give that time to someone lower on the card? Doubtful! They'll look to maximize profit potential with other big names. We're talking about a company that had no beef whatsoever opening the biggest PPV with a 15 second match for a major title.

It seems a major complaint about the Rock is that he's robbing a potential WM moment from all the hard-working wrestlers that aren't guaranteed an appearance. Is the Undertaker not doing the same?

I really can't wrap my head around the concept that the Rock is wrong here.
TBH I can't wrap my head why everyone thinks it's cool for a guy to work one show, get the main event, put himself over, not the talent staying all year, and then leave 'til next year's show.

I was starting to not care as much about him beating WWE's most loyal guy as it looked like WWE was going to do something with it. Dwayne even menioned wanting the WWE title... but if he's not coming back to 2013 then all he did was put himself over with no leading angle to follow. BS is what is IMHO. But we'll call it a day here because these Rock debates never end. I just don't get why WWE couldn't do a SummerSlam match with Orton but whatevs. It's not like I wanted to see him. Like Apex I don't actually care if he shows, it was just the principal of the thing.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah if Rock comes out and says he wants the WWE Title but doesn't even do a summerslam match then what the fuck. He went over John Cena so they need some follow up. They should have had Cena best Rock at SS then go from there. It's just bizarre

The Viper

Reaction score
Yeah if Rock comes out and says he wants the WWE Title but doesn't even do a summerslam match then what the fuck. He went over John Cena so they need some follow up. They should have had Cena best Rock at SS then go from there. It's just bizarre

As already stated, its not like its confirmed he'll be returning in 2013. WWE just asked if he could.

If he returns for an appearance at Summerslam, cool. If not, that's WWE's problem.

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
I think bringing The Rock back was a great idea on nostalgic level. Maybe get some people who haven't watched in awhile interested in other guys on the card by having The Rock on the ppv. $ it's still a business at the end of he day.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Bummer, hopefully we'll still get the occasional appearance here and there.

#TeamBringItSinceDayOne