The Rock.....At WM 24?!?!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

sweetj14

Reaction score
Hopefully Y2J comes back by WM 24 and we will get to see another classic match between the two. Jericho vs. The Rock would be great! It is a long shot though.:nonono:

HHHforever

Reaction score
I would love to see the Rock vs. Mr. Kennedy. I'm fairly new to wrestling, I've only been following for the past 2 years, but lately I've been watching a lot of the Rock's videos on YouTube and I can't even imagine how sweet the promos between those two would be. I kind of consider Kennedy to be the "New Rock" so to see those two in a match would be a dream come true for me. Those two would definitely have the best promos in quite sometime and I think the crowd would really be into that match.

Reaction score
rock vs orton in a legendkiller storyline is also possible.They both have mic skills so it would be a good feud leading to WM.

the dark knight

rock vs cena = BEST MATCH IN HISTORY....just imagine the promos.

but its sad news :( last match for the rock....:(

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
Hell, I don't think this is sad news....I thought he already had his last match and was done with wrestling

The Leviathan

Reaction score
After reading this, the one guy who pops out of my mind is non other than M-V-P. I think having this two guys in a fued could be really great and entertaining. Well... HBK/Rock is also a good one, two icons and future HOF'ers come face to face in a ring for the first time, this could really kick ass!

CenaMark54

Great, another retired wrestler who comes back for "one last match" and expects to be "put over"

Who do they call when a legend wants to wrestle and refuses to job?

It looks like we will get Orton vs the Rock at WM 24. The legend killer will fail again. At least the Rock is more credible then Hogan at this stage.

3lions

Reaction score
I am very sceptical about this piece of 'news.' The Rock stated only last week he was done with wrestling and he is nowhere near the level he would need to be to work as The Rock again at Mania. What also makes me cast doubts over this report is Michaels' inclusion. It is well documented that Rock hates him and he has also stated he would never wrestle him. So it would take something pretty major for that match to take place.

However, IF Rock has agreed to wrestle one final match at Mania, and gets into peka condition, then it would be an amazing coup for WWE. With all its current problems and fans lack of interest in the industry, it could provide a real shot in the arm. As for his opponenet, at the event, there is one clear favourite: John Cena. For marketability, promo potential and the hype/reaction surrounding that match, nothing else could compare. That is THE BIGGEST match WWE could book for Mania, especially with it being held in Florida.

Other potential candidates are HBK/Orton. Rock/Michaels is a dream match and a match versus Orton could truly establish Orton as a star in WWE and would be a battle of Third-Generation Superstar's. Kennedy/Rock would bomb, imo and MVP is nowhere near ME status to warrant a match with Rocky at Mania.

Beer Money Army

So let me get this straight The rock hasn't wrestled since 2004... But he wants the win... Sounds like Hogan..

im thinking rock vs mr kennedy

but if it's rock farewell match. He should be the one putting someone over.. A Man not wrestled for almost 4 yrs.. would be rusty in the ring.. Beating a guy thats doing it full-time is not realistic..

I dont care who you are.. It's just stupid...

usually a farewell match you Put over an future high profile wrestler that can lead them to an awesome career.

I wasn't an huge fan of the rock to start off.. But i would rather see edge/Taker instead :)

3lions

Reaction score
The Rock can wrestle on the same card as Undertaker/Edge.

CenaMark54

One things for certain, if the Rock does come back, they aren't going to waste him on a mid carder like Kennedy or Umaga.

I know what you will say, "But the Rock can make a new star"

Thats true, but Wrestlemania is not the time to make new stars. Wrestlemania is about having feuds that draw and make money. The Rock versus one of the big seven main eventers would really be the only option because it is the best option. Lets break it down.

Cena vs the Rock: They could go this route but most likely Cena will have the belt and there is no way the WWE would have Cena lay down for the Rock.

HHH vs the Rock: They have fought many times. It won't happen. He will be in the main event against Cena

Batista vs the Rock: This is a good possibility. Although I'm not sure putting the Rock against your second biggest current face is a good idea. The top face in the company being booed is enough. Thus, it won't happen.

Edge or Taker vs The Rock: Edge and Taker will be facing in each other. No chance.

HBK vs The Rock: They haven't gone one on one and they never will. It would be a repeat of HBK/Hogan. They hate each other and it would make for a bad match.

Orton vs the Rock: Two third generation superstars. Have never faced off one on one. Legend vs Legend killer. The aging star who wants to go out on top vs the least protected current main eventer who really doesn't have any backstage power. This is your match right here.

3lions

Reaction score
Yes you will. Empty words right there. If that match were to happen, it would be huge, no question.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
Agreed, Orton/Rock would be huge...and while I think I would be pullling for an Orton win, I would have no problem with the Rock going over.

Something interesting to note of this rumor is that it talks about Michaels entering WM 24 as WWE Champ and facing the Rock. Does that even make sense? If it was the Rock's last match, why would it be for the title?