The Rock.....At WM 24?!?!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kingovkings

Reaction score
i would like to see rock/hbk rock/cena but i dont really believe its happening till few more sources or wwe themselves say something.but hey fingers crossed coz it would b awesome :)

JHar888

Reaction score
This probably isn't true considering we're a fews months away from WM24. Oh well, you never kniw with WWE.

xtremebadass

If this is true, which EVERY wrestling fans wants to believe, this would definitely be what 3Lions stated, this is what WWE needs. They have had a really rough year this year besides for the financial success of WrestleMania 23, because the PPV itself was pretty last luster, plus the Benoit Murder and Steroid scandal, the Rock could really shine the light only he can shine to brighten the WWE's spirit. The only true opponents that I can imagine the Rock would face would be Randy Orton, John Cena, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels, or Vince himself. Any of those would be a huge main event, you can't tell me it wouldn't.

Montana

I'm surprised most are discrediting the "midcard guys" Correct me if i'm wrong on this, but wasn't battle of the billionaires the most hyped mania match at 23, and who did that feature....UMAGA, and Bobby Lashley. See, at WM they make stars, and why would the wwe want The Rock to beat someone like Cena, HHH, HBK. Its doesnt make sense. Hell, Rock vs ORton makes sense, although Orton is a guy who needs to win a few big matches, not lose every one.

Which brings me to the list of midcard guys. Sure, no one wants to see Rock/Umaga, but i believe they are related thus it making sense for them wanting to wrestling each other. Then theres Mr. Kennedy. The guy is going to be a star, he is the type of guy who can lose to the rock, and still come a bigger star than before. Then theres MVP, very similar to Kennedy. I think either of these guys would be good choices. I just dont think the wwe would have the Rock headline mania, but for one match. If he were to return full time, yes i could see him headlining. Anyways...I believe they are leaning towards something like this for mania...thus they will have to work around this.

Cena vs HHH
Edge vs Taker
HBK vs ORton
==========
Rock vs _____ (Kennedy, Umaga, MVP)

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
OWNAGEEEEEE

I swear all ive been thinking about the past like 3 days was how sweet it would be for him to return!!! this is awesome

Travis40

Okay....whoever says that WrestleMania is not the time to make big stars is wrong. A WM win over 4 other established wrestlers made Team Angle (Benjamin/Haas) bigger stars. They beat Eddie/Chavo and Rhyno/Benoit. How in the hell is that not making a big star. I thought that Rock's last match would be Orton/Flair/Batista vs. Rock/Foley would be his last match and I was dissapointed because I thought the match sucked...and so did Foley according to his book.

Here's some good matches that I think would work...but might not happen.

Rock vs. Hogan III If this was to happen...this would be the biggest WM match ever...but I doubt it because of the whole Hogan/WWE situation right now.

Rock vs. Orton

Rock vs. Cena

Rock vs. Batista

Rock vs. Umaga

Rock vs. Benjamin It would be an awesome match with Benjamin finally going to the huge Main Event status that we've been talking about for about 3 years now.

Rock vs. Matt Hardy See Rock vs. Benjamin

Rock vs. Jeff Hardy See Rock vs. Benjamin

Rock/Austin IV

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Honestly, the best idea here is clearly another Rock/Austin match.

It takes up none of the current wrestlers, and it allows Rocky to go over w/out issues, and that match will almost certainly help sell the ppv.

xtremebadass

THE ROCK vs. CARLITO

I call it, therefore if it happens I am dubbed a psychic.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Rock/Carlito would be fun, but I would much rather see Carlito doing something worthwhile by WM 24.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Rock vs. Matt Hardy See Rock vs. Benjamin

Rock vs. Jeff Hardy See Rock vs. Benjamin

Oh please don't waste the Rock's time with these two.

IF this is true then this will be epic, this would be a MUST SEE, I think I might even order Wrestlemania JUST to see this match! But I never knew HBK and Rock had backstage beef, anyone wanna fill me in on it?

Travis40

Matt Hardy vs. The Rock and Jeff Hardy vs. The Rock wouldn't be good? Those would be 2 awesome matches. I would buy the PPV for Matt Hardy/Rock match alone.

JHar888

Reaction score
Hey there! I've come up with an idea for The Rock!

Legend vs. Legend
Stone Cold vs. Hulk Hogan vs. The ock vs. The Undertaker

I still don't believe The Rock is returning, because he already claimed to have "hung the boots up for good."

3lions

Reaction score
The Rock vs Jeff/Matt Hardy? Per-leeaasseeee !! Why would Rocky waste his time on these two? They are midcarders. Why would he waste his return/last match against a Hardy?

CenaMark54

They should just have a last match between the Rock and Stone Cold where they both die (Kayfabe) from giving it their all then we never have to see anymore "when is the rock coming back" or "we need stone cold" threads.

Everyone can just move on.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I agree The Rock being at WM would be a huge draw for alot of people. But realistically how good of a match do you think he could put on? Hes been away for way too long to put on a good match with any of the main eventers and on top of that to insist on being put over is completely ridiculous. The Rock should have to come back and work for a couple months and get back into shape and then I could see letting him go out over a main eventer. I love The Rock but I think its a little presumptuous of him to have left the way he did and then come back out of nowhere, after he said countless times he was done with wrestling, and say " I want my final match and I want to get over in a main event match at WM "...I knew The Rock was bold, but thats a little much imo...