The Rock.....At WM 24?!?!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Dave Meltzer reports that The Rock has agreed to work a match at WrestleMania 24, only if WWE can provide him a high profile match and put him over. Shawn Michaels' return is being rushed for this purpose. It's believed he will turn heel in order to feud with Rock in what The Rock wants to be his sendoff from wrestling. The possibility of Michaels walking into WrestleMania as WWE Champion has also been mentioned, though nothing concrete has come of it. WrestleMania 24 will take place in The Rock's home state of Florida.

I don't know how much truth there is to this, and it seems very unlikley, but i figured it was worth posting. I'd Guess he'd face Umaga at 24 if he does. The wwe won't let the Rock go over a franchise guy like cena/HBK/HHH

Enigma22

Reaction score
that would be awesome. i hope it happens.

Great One

WOWWWW HOLY SHIT, if that's true, that is AWESOME. The only negative is The Rock has gotten much smaller and definitely not in as good as shape as he was, so dunno how this will turn out, but definitely one of the biggest dream matches of all time.

Reaction score
WOW!!! O_O
And people said he would go to TNA! HA!
This would be an awesome match!

Montana

HBK lays down for NO Man......except hogan.

IF he does wrestle, and thats a big IF. I'd assume i'd be a younger guy like Umaga, Kennedy, MVP, Randy Orton, someone like that.

Not to mention there bad blood between hbk and Rock.

Great One

Umaga is a fucking waste. MVP, Orton, and Kennedy would all be classics, probably in that order, imagine MVP and The Rock in a promo...

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
This would be one of the single greatest things to happen in wrestling...ever

A Rock/HBK feud would be classic. This is interesting since everything before this from the Rock has been that he is totally done with wrestling.

Great One

I don't know why, but I completely forgot Rock/Cena, which is probably what will happen if not Rock/HBK.

PeepShow

HBK lays down for NO Man......except hogan.

And Cena.....lol

Anyway, dont trust anything Meltzer says. He is a fucking fraud. Im not believing this at all, untill another source confirms it

xtremebadass

Finally...The Rock...Has come back...to WrestleMania!

I thought the Rock hated HBK, but that would be the greatest match ever.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
Something to think about if it is Rock/Cena.....Cena will more than likely get booed out of the building. I know before (WM 22...23) he has been booed hard, but I don't think it would be anything like the amount boos he would get facing the Rock.

Great One

Yep... Cena would get absolutely no cheers, also consider it's The Rock's home state...

Travis40

They'd turn Cena heel for the occasion and then have a hand shake at the end of the show to turn Cena face again so they could start saying "THE CHAMP IS HERE"...even though he wouldn't be champ. But I think The Rock would go over in a Rock/Cena match, just because this would be Rock's last match ever.

phantomgerald

Unless he is willing to do a few promos leading up to WM, then I don't see the point of just having him show up for just one match. Why can't he get over Michaels? Michaels is at the age where he's no longer be considered a maineventer as there's no long term future in doing that. I see him slipping into a Ric Flair role soon in a year or two.