The Revival

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
It’s allowed sure.

I just idk. It’s apart of wrestling. Hell it’s apart of anything. Anyone who feels they was mistreated one place will surely let it be known when moving somewhere else.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I agree with Booty with this. Do your stuff get ratings up be different. Once you are established I am fine with the jabs. WCW was around for awhile before they threw jabs.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
All I said was I don’t want my favorite tag team to do this shit like Brodie Lee is doing and Jericho has done and you pounced all over me for it. It’s shit AEW fans all over the net do it makes me not even wanna mention the company at all,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I’m a wrestling fan. It’s why I said I want both to do it. But yeah. Call me what you wanna call me.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I’m a wrestling fan. It’s why I said I want both to do it. But yeah. Call me what you wanna call me.

Lol I didn’t call you anything. I love you Blaze.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Lol I didn’t call you anything. I love you Blaze.

We good then. I love you too Booty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I agree with Booty with this. Do your stuff get ratings up be different. Once you are established I am fine with the jabs. WCW was around for awhile before they threw jabs.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Man JR was calling them real wrestlers and not the "entertainers from up North" before the WCW banner even ran over the Atlanta based rasslin' company so I disagree with you there lol but Bischoff turned it up to 1000% for sure, so I don't blame you for forgetting them since they weren't as crazy lol

Anyway as for the Revival, I'd be cool with them in AEW but idk it's not really a solid fit for them to me, I like Booty's suggestion of the NWA better tbh, but I love the Revival and AEW is the second biggest company in America right now so I'd love for them to shine there if they can't in WWE rn

I could fuck with them doing a whole indy tour and some NJPW stuff tbh tho :WOW

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I’d love for them to have a run with every tag title then going to AEW and getting a run before they go back home

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
It tends not to end well but no American companies have ever seriously competed with WWE WITHOUT taking shots and trying to undermine them. WCW, ECW, TNA and now AEW... those are biggest American companies other than WWE and they've all treated WWE like the enemy. If you don't leverage the anti-WWE sentiment in your favor, you're just gonna be ROH status. ROH has had some great periods but they never in almost 20 years have done the kind of business AEW has done in one year.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I’d love for them to have a run with every tag title then going to AEW and getting a run before they go back home

Honestly, I am sure they can work out some deal with AEW to let them at least do some stuff with a few companies. Maybe anything but Impact(and wwe but that goes without saying) that is. :lol

Benoit's Weight Machine

Reaction score
It's really not any better than TNA. While I think a lot of people blow the anti-WWE stuff out of proportion, the sentiment exists in a lot of their main players. The Elite as a whole are notorious for making digs at WWE, Jericho has done it plenty ("We the people is dead, it was a stupid idea by bad creative!"), and Moxley's whole "unleashed from the asylum" thing and the video package he posted on Twitter following his release was obviously a reference to his time in WWE. In saying that though... I don't mind it all. Yeah, guys like Cody, Jericho, Moxley and The Bucks get their jabs in, but it's not like that's taken away from all the awesome they've done so far. Some people say it makes them look bush league or whatever but I think that's ridiculous (especially considering WWE does the same shit). These guys should be able to speak their minds and as long as it doesn't consume their character like it has so far with Brodie Lee, I'm all for it. They have the cult following they do because they represent the alternative to WWE (or at least they're supposed to). I'm certain The Revival will drop a couple of lines referencing their time in WWE, but if they back it up with their performance, I got no complaints.
I'd like to see the wrestlers stop with the jabs but I'd like to see the announcers do it very sparingly. They could say things like "folks, we're the only professional wrestling company on live TV every week, other companies are so ashamed of the word "wrestling" that they use the word "entertainment" instead". They should do it in a way that embraces wrestling rather than trash what the WWE is specifically doing.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'd like to see the wrestlers stop with the jabs but I'd like to see the announcers do it very sparingly. They could say things like "folks, we're the only professional wrestling company on live TV every week, other companies are so ashamed of the word "wrestling" that they use the word "entertainment" instead". They should do it in a way that embraces wrestling rather than trash what the WWE is specifically doing.

Honestly I think I prefer the wrestler ones just bc the announcer ones have been done for so long. My main stance isn't that I dislike the jabs anyway, I just think they're not funny half the time :lmao

Benoit's Weight Machine

Reaction score
Honestly I think I prefer the wrestler ones just bc the announcer ones have been done for so long. My main stance isn't that I dislike the jabs anyway, I just think they're not funny half the time :lmao
When Brodie does it, it comes off as a passive-aggressive temper tantrum.

WWE is ashamed of the word "wrestling" and I would like to see them called out for it by the announcers, however with the exception of Tony, they all seem like the type to not make any waves. WWE would probably be the first ones to say that AEW isn't competition because they are in 2 different businesses, AEW is in the wrestling business while WWE is in the entertainment business. There is one major flaw with that however, the fans don't say "I'm going to watch sports entertainment tonight" or "I'm going to watch WWE superstars entertain members of the WWE universe". I think AEW should embrace the term wrestling. It's good marketing.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Revival should go to Japan or NWA. If they go to AEW, they’re gonna end up in the exact same situation as they did their last year in WWE.

Say what you want about in ring work, this generation of wrestling fans prioritize entertainment over work. If what’s Revival got lapped by New Day, Miz/Morrison/Usos/Heavy Machinery. They’re great technicians; they’re not entertaining.

So if they go to AEW, they’ll have dope matches for the first 6 months or so. Then guess what’s gonna happen; they’re gonna get lapped by The Young Bucks. They’re gonna get lapped by The Lucha Bros; they’re gonna get lapped by SCU; by the Jurassic Express. Then they’ll be back in catering realizing they made a lateral move only now they’re not making $750,000 a year each.

Now if they go somewhere like NJPW or the NWA where characters aren’t THAT important for tag teams; they’ll be able to reinvent themselves and add a breath of fresh air to the team.Then come back to America in 2 years and make Vince regret letting you walk.

Reactions: Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I think character is probably the most important thing in NWA.

Look at their roster. Aron Stevens, Ken Anderson, James Storm, Trevor Murdoch, Jocephus, Scott Steiner, past their in ring primes Homicide and Eddie Kingston...

Being able to work means practically nothing in NWA. It's all story driven.