The Revival

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Revival should go to Japan or NWA. If they go to AEW, they’re gonna end up in the exact same situation as they did their last year in WWE.

Say what you want about in ring work, this generation of wrestling fans prioritize entertainment over work. If what’s Revival got lapped by New Day, Miz/Morrison/Usos/Heavy Machinery. They’re great technicians; they’re not entertaining.

So if they go to AEW, they’ll have dope matches for the first 6 months or so. Then guess what’s gonna happen; they’re gonna get lapped by The Young Bucks. They’re gonna get lapped by The Lucha Bros; they’re gonna get lapped by SCU; by the Jurassic Express. Then they’ll be back in catering realizing they made a lateral move only now they’re not making $750,000 a year each.

Now if they go somewhere like NJPW or the NWA where characters aren’t THAT important for tag teams; they’ll be able to reinvent themselves and add a breath of fresh air to the team.Then come back to America in 2 years and make Vince regret letting you walk.
Honestly, they just scream 'marks.' They wanna go have their 5 star matches and have all the internet fans fawning over them and how massively underused they were and how Vince and co are out of touch blah blah.

Dudes are bland as fuck, glad they're gone tbh. Massively overrated.

Reactions: Cwalker

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I disagree with the "massively overrated" thought - they guys have proved they can have excellent matches when they were in NXT.

Anybody listened to them on the Jericho podcast? The reason they left isn't because they believed their own hype, it's because they wanted the tag-division to mean something and they didn't belive it ever would in WWE. They came across really well as two dudes that just want to put on a show and build something to be remembered by when they're gone. I can't knock them for that.

Also, their new name is The Revolt - might be worth changing the name of the thread?

Last edited:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Revival should go to Japan or NWA. If they go to AEW, they’re gonna end up in the exact same situation as they did their last year in WWE.

Say what you want about in ring work, this generation of wrestling fans prioritize entertainment over work. If what’s Revival got lapped by New Day, Miz/Morrison/Usos/Heavy Machinery. They’re great technicians; they’re not entertaining.

So if they go to AEW, they’ll have dope matches for the first 6 months or so. Then guess what’s gonna happen; they’re gonna get lapped by The Young Bucks. They’re gonna get lapped by The Lucha Bros; they’re gonna get lapped by SCU; by the Jurassic Express. Then they’ll be back in catering realizing they made a lateral move only now they’re not making $750,000 a year each.

Now if they go somewhere like NJPW or the NWA where characters aren’t THAT important for tag teams; they’ll be able to reinvent themselves and add a breath of fresh air to the team.Then come back to America in 2 years and make Vince regret letting you walk.
Not to bring up old shit but I thought about FTR and damn didn’t I call it

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I would say no, you didn't call it but :draper2 we just perceive things differently probably

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I would say no, you didn't call it but :draper2 we just perceive things differently probably
apparently lol

winning the titles
being a booked as guys who pretty much almost never lose clean
being booked as a serious threat

=
back shaving angles

totally booked the same as in WWE right?

I can see his or their point that FTR could have been booked better, and I would agree! but to say it's the same shit is just false equivalency.

A lot of us would love FTR to get more shine, but sadly they are also in the best tag team division in the world. maybe even the best of all time, really.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I mean, there's no doubt in my mind they feel they made the right call.

The biggest reason they wanted out of WWE is because they weren't interested in the hokey nonsense they were being booked in and they wanted a chance to wrestle tag team matches the way they feel they should be wrestled. They've got their wish. Granted, there have been some lengthy down periods for them, but they've still been able to wrestle The Bucks, Lucha Bros, Page and Omega, The Varsity Blondes and Jurassic Express in competitive matches where they were able to do things their way. They also have been able to interact with Tully and Arn, who they idolize. They even got to be part of the first Blood & Guts.

The only thing I'd potentially agree with about the original post is that they have been outshined by The Bucks and Lucha Bros but that's not really saying much considering some would say those are the two best teams in the world right now. :lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
^ regarding the last sentence, I defo agree. I do think they've sometimes felt like backseat drivers due to those teams but like you said...those are also the best teams in the world arguably. They also seem to wrestle less than others, not sure if that's injuries or just by design. They wrestle dark matches and with young people a lot more than the other vet teams too, so I feel they get a big kick out of making jober teams look fucking amazing. Which is something that, even as a huge YB fan, they cannot match FTR there. FTR are like if Bret Hart and Arn Anderson had twin babies together. its amazing.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I obviously want more for them cuz I am a massive FTR mark and I think they are better then the Bucks or LB. But this is a long way from icy hot on the balls and back shaving. I’d say they had it best in NXT then AEW and last main roster WWE. The culmination of this Briscos beef will be excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
oh yeah if we're going back to NXT that was tag team wrestling paradise for a few years. I'm confident we're getting Dem Boys feud and I'm also confident that they'll have another run with the titles (imo they should have dethroned luchas not current champs but i digress) .

only thing I'm worried about as far as titles is with the arrival of Kings of the Black Throne I have no idea who the fuck can realistically beat them and I have a hard time not thinking theyll have a long long run if they win the titles

Reactions: Hidden Blaze