The quality of WWE is about to go down

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

The Opposite: OH MY GOD, I HATE HHH, HE NEVER WANTS TO PUT ANYBODY OVER, AND YOU KNOW THAT THE ONLY REASON HE EVER MAIN EVENTED IS BECAUSE HE MARRIED STEPHANIE.

But, they married in 2003, and he was already multiple champion and main eventer by then and...

SHUT THE HELL UP.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Have you ever thought maybe Triple H was told to do that on purpose now? With the whole intentional thinning of the line of kayfabe I doubt he just woke up one day and decided he was going to make those sort of jokes, so no point to single Triple H out...

A) I never said he did it on his own.
B) I was praising his ability to be subtle with the exception of one time.
C) And HHH should be singled out since he does it the most (if anyone else does it at all, I can't think of anyone else off of my head).

HHHforever said:
Good post, I agree for the most part. But people are always going to single out HHH no matter what he does.

Yep, he subtly breaks kayfabe more than anyone and quite possibly is the only one that does it...especially that close to breaking it, and I noted that. You act like I'm blaming HHH for something. Re-read my post.

1chiban

Reaction score
Just another step to completely break kayfabe - in addition to Triple H's neo-realistic promos. I know we all know it's fake, but the whole concept of wrestling is to dispel reality - the show is supposed to make us, even if it is for just a couple of hours, feel for the characters and feel that it IS real. Don't get me started on that WWE Universe tripe either...

Great One

A) I never said he did it on his own.
B) I was praising his ability to be subtle with the exception of one time.
C) And HHH should be singled out since he does it the most (if anyone else does it at all, I can't think of anyone else off of my head).
I wasn't really singling you out either, didn't mean it to come across that way. It also seem implied that the entire responbility was on him since you were telling him to be more subtle about the promo, which ties into my point, what if he's told not to be subtle? There are TONS of people who do that shit and single Triple H out as if he is basically running the show as he goes, which makes absolute no sense, so my post was more general speaking and referring to all. And the questions I asked were also completely passive, hard to make that apparent on the internet though.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Yep, he subtly breaks kayfabe more than anyone and quite possibly is the only one that does it...especially that close to breaking it, and I noted that. You act like I'm blaming HHH for something. Re-read my post.

I wasn't necissarily singling you out for what you said. I was just referring to a comment Great One made and agreed with his points about HHH. It was a general comment, not one directly disputing what you said.

I wasn't really singling you out either, didn't mean it to come across that way. It also seem implied that the entire responbility was on him since you were telling him to be more subtle about the promo, which ties into my point, what if he's told not to be subtle? There are TONS of people who do that shit and single Triple H out as if he is basically running the show as he goes, which makes absolute no sense, so my post was more general speaking and referring to all. And the questions I asked were also completely passive, hard to make that apparent on the internet though.

Just thought this should be read again, I completely agree and there's really no reason for me to ellaborate on it any further.

the dark knight

Just another step to completely break kayfabe - in addition to Triple H's neo-realistic promos. I know we all know it's fake, but the whole concept of wrestling is to dispel reality - the show is supposed to make us, even if it is for just a couple of hours, feel for the characters and feel that it IS real. Don't get me started on that WWE Universe tripe either...
HA! so its not all gone...

Wrestling Station

Just wait for few months and Triple H or anyone else will start saying that with a loud mic that he did a good job selling an injury last match >_>

but seriously, lets wait and see how this will develop into.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Jericho: Michael Shawn Hickenbottom, I no-sold your side kick to the jaw, which got me more heel-heat than you got in your whole career! You and Vince McMahon breaking kayfabe and giving Bret Hart a screwjob was nothing compared to what the bookers told me to do last week, and that's why the WWE Universe will now be told to call me, Christopher Keith Irvine, the most controversial entertainer in this company!

the dark knight

^^how would that affect the quality of the show? they're just words, WE WANT GAY 'RASSLIN!!!

Great One

The term "quality" is subjective. It really depends on who the person is that is viewing if it would alter the quality of the show. If you just watch to see wrestling and guys rub all over each other, then none of these words or breaking realism will affect you at all whatsoever. If you watch religiously for the storylines and wrestling, and get really angry irl when someone doesn't sell something (Kaedon) then quality starts coming into play when you cross a certain line of realism (or kayfabe). I'm kinda in the middle. But yeah, I think Roxxi is getting a little ahead of himself all in all with Jericho's promo. This isn't TNA, remember.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
WWE announcers are not allowed to use the term “gogoplata” in reference to Undertaker’s finisher. However, the mobile version of WWE.com has a photo of the finish from his match with Big Show at Cyber Sunday and the move is dubbed as the “gogoplata choke.”

- WZRradio.com

HHHforever

Reaction score
^That's fairly old news, I read that a while back and it's pretty obvious that they're not supposed to say it because they never have. I just think the WWE doesn't want to associate their product with MMA, just a guess though.

MikeRaw

Oh well, gogoplata sounds awful anyways. I prefer "that submission maneuver"