"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

KENTA's coming back to ROH soon, including a title match against Nigel...in your honest opinion, could HE be the one that takes the title from him? It seems like with Generico and Fuji they never had much of a realistic shot and i'm fearing the same for my main NOAH man.

On the flipside for Nigel, I think he's had a good reign but now it's at the point where everyone is looking for THE guy to take it from him, especially with this whole Lynn business. So assuming KENTA loses, who do you think the next champ is Pearce is grooming? Tyler? Lynn? Aries? Jacobs maybe? (Kinda wishful thinking on that one...)

Montana

vulture Squad... like them or hate them?

Ehhh, they were OK. They had problems though from keeping them from reaching their potential. I think they were booked pretty poorly as they were basically jobbers. Jack Evans wasn't around much. Ruckus was sloppy in the ring. But then again, I thought Jigsaw carried the opening matches/Midcard for ROH. He could put on a very entertaining 5-10 minute match, and i thought he put on some of the best in 07-08.

But it really comes down to the fact Ruckus was sloppy, and Jack Evans wasn't around. So they were jobbers. No one likes losers. I thought they had potential, but never got there.

after danielson/Bison smith feud, do you think Bison Smith Vs brent albright could be interesting?

Yeah, I am not hugely over on Brent Albright as a main star of ROH, but I think it could be a good fued. I would perfer if Roddy and Albright reversed roles. I Think Smith/Roddy would be interesting. (even though i haven't rseen much of smith)

Nigel McGuinness' deal supposedly ends in May, so what do you think is the best move in terms of his career? What do you think he will do?

I think it's time for McGuinness to get away from ROH myself and try to full-time in Japan. I can't see the 'E or TNA taking him, but I think he'd be good in NOAH. He'll probably resign with ROH though, imo.

I think much like Danielson, Nigel is going to weight his options. I can't see Nigel leaving in May. He could still be champ, come May. I would like to think Nigel would want to see in how well the ROH show is accepted, before jumping ship.

With Nigel's health, i can't see him wrestling full time in Japan. I would think TNA might be able to use him when the time is right. WWE wouldn't be too shocking either.

KENTA's coming back to ROH soon, including a title match against Nigel...in your honest opinion, could HE be the one that takes the title from him? It seems like with Generico and Fuji they never had much of a realistic shot and i'm fearing the same for my main NOAH man.

On the flipside for Nigel, I think he's had a good reign but now it's at the point where everyone is looking for THE guy to take it from him, especially with this whole Lynn business. So assuming KENTA loses, who do you think the next champ is Pearce is grooming? Tyler? Lynn? Aries? Jacobs maybe? (Kinda wishful thinking on that one...)

I can't see Kenta taking the title from Nigel. Mainly because i can't see him wrestling full time in ROH. I think if anyone from Japan was going to beat him, it would have been marifuji. Generico never did really have a chance.

I have no idea who Pearce is grooming. I wouldn't be all that surprised if Brent Albright knocks off Nigel. I think he has good odds going. I'd like to see Danielson/Aries win the belt for a second time though. I think Chris Hero also has a shot of knocking out Nigel. So i'll rank who i think is going to beat Nigel.

(Think)

1) Black
2) Albright
3) Lynn
4) Hero
5) Danielson

Want

1) Danielson
2) Strong
3) Aries
4) Hero
5) El Generico

Beer Money Army

have you seen angle vs abyss from t/point 2008.. if so what would you give it from a 5 star rating scale?

Montana

have you seen angle vs abyss from t/point 2008.. if so what would you give it from a 5 star rating scale?

I seen back when it happened. I saw most the match, if i remember correctly it was a good 4.00-4.25 range. I'd go as far to say it was a top 10 match by WWE/TNA all last year.

Hometown Kid

Do you remember the DDP/Undertaker feud? If so, how would you rate it on a 1-10 scale? *DDP = stalker feud* Do you think it could of been better or was it screwed from the start, and do you think DDP deserved better, and could he have done more in WWE, in your opinion?

Montana

Do you remember the DDP/Undertaker feud? If so, how would you rate it on a 1-10 scale? *DDP = stalker feud* Do you think it could of been better or was it screwed from the start, and do you think DDP deserved better, and could he have done more in WWE, in your opinion?

Yeah, I do remember it, in that i wasn't watching as closely as i was with other years, but caught raw pretty much every week. So i dont remember it all crystal clear, but from what i recall, it was a little weird/creepy, although not that bad of a storyline. I don't like the characters in this one myself. You had the undertaker, who was near the american badass stage, where he wasn't the monster he once was. Then you had DDP, who the wwe never seemed to know how to use. Both their characters were ehh to me at the time.

So to answer your question i'll give it a 6.5/10. Not bad, but i thought the characters weren't right for the storyline. So in that respect, it was almost screwed from the start. But all in all, it was solid. DDP deserved better from the wwe in a character perspective i thought. He was older, but i thought they still could have used him a little better. It was WWE DDP, they didnt want to use WCW DDP. On the other hand, i don't think he could have gone very far in the wwe, at his age. So its a give and take.

Beer Money Army

what is your top 3 favourite HBk Vs bret hart encounters??

1st. Bret Hart Vs HBK WM 12 Iron Man match - to me this man shits all over the others that have been done in the years... I love this rival whenever they wrestle and if i could compare to a rival of the modern day of wrestling Danielson/Mcguiness rival..

Match scaling: *****

2. Bret Hart Vs HBK Survivor series 1992 - This match went for a near 30 Mins.. It truly showed you how good HBK and Bret Hart are going be in a few years time.. I didn't see the build up for it or don't know if there was any build up to it, But it truly showed that WWE has 2 very excellent wrestlers in the future

Match scaling: ****

3. Bret Hart Vs HBK (ladder Match for the I-C C'ship). (i think it was on Smack'em Whack'em VHS) - The 1st ever WWE ladder Match, It was a really good ladder match, although i havent viewed it in probably 6-8 years, It wasn't near as Good as HBK/Ramon 2 ladder matches, but still a very solid one in this awesome rival..

Match scaling: ****

what did you thought of bret Hart vs HBK rival?

for me it's one of the Rivals i very much loved, When you knew Bret Hart vs HBK was on the card, you knew straight away your in for a awesome treat, just like: Danielson Vs Nigel Mcguiness or a Chris benoit Vs Kurt angle..

but the real life Hatred between the 2 added more to this rival, I would probably mark this rival in my all time top 5 rivals ever in Pro Wrestling, it could even be 1st and that's coming from a very strong Undertaker fan...

Montana

what is your top 3 favourite HBk Vs bret hart encounters??

1) WM 12 Iron Man
2) Survivor Series 97 - Yeah the match was nothing special, but one of the biggest moments in wreslting history and really put a great twist on their legacy.
3) Survivor Series 92

what did you thought of bret Hart vs HBK rival?

I think these two had the greatest rivialry in wrestling I've ever seen. Just how their careers paralled from the tag division, to the IC division, onto the world heavyweight title picture. Their characters similar, but clearly different attitudes and characteristics. Bret was supposed the more traditional, and HBK was more of the young cocky up in coming star. Everything fell together perfectly.

I think it would be a joke comparing HBK/Hart to Angle/benoit. I think Dragon/Nigel is a great rivialry, but it's still not on the same level. From the character perspective or the on/off screen drama. But i think you meant in terms of work-rate. But i can't even think of anyone to compare Hart/HBK to.

Beer Money Army

yeah from character style i wouldnt rate any rival to them.. but from a work rate perspective probably those 2 would be close to it..

did you ever see the famous Owen hart vs Bulldog Raw 1997 match for the European Championship?

also seen the Sid vs bret Hart Steel cage Match?

Montana

did you ever see the famous Owen hart vs Bulldog Raw 1997 match for the European Championship?

Yep, that was one of the great raw matches in history. Probably top 10 for sure. I'm pretty sure its on the 15th anniversary of Raw DVD. I believe it was about a 4 star match.

also seen the Sid vs bret Hart Steel cage Match?

Yep, I've pretty much seen every raw just about over the years. I remember the aftermath to this match, more so than the actual match itself. I think i have this on VHS somewhere. Bret Hart going nuts after was great. Classic (For those who haven't seen it)

[yt]a-iNzwAFU80&feature=related[/yt]

Fusterated isn't the god damn word for it!

This is why, I think 1997 was one of my favorite years to be a wwe fan. Everyone else seemed to love WCW Nitro....I really liked what raw was putting on in the "off years" before the "attitude era"

Moonlight Drive

Besides 1997, what is your favourite year to be a WWE fan?

Wrestlemania 25, does it deserve all the bitching? (I reckon they've put out a damn good card this year)

Montana

Besides 1997, what is your favourite year to be a WWE fan?

I liked 93, probably cause it was my first full year of being a wrestling fan. Some fun storylines and characters. Not really considered a good wrestling year, by any means, but i still enjoyed it. Produced some classic matchups too. HBK vs Jannetty, Perfect vs Flair, Bret Hart vs Perfect, and Luger/Yoko storyline and more.

But also 98 was a good wrestling year too. Attitude was in full swing, lots of stuff going on that year as well.

2006 was a real good year for wrestling overall. With wwe, tna, and roh putting on a pretty good product. ROH had a year as good as any WWE year. TNA had a solid year, and WWE was pretty good too imo. In the later 90's the wwe's product was good, but i was never too fond on wcw. Always like ECW though.

Wrestlemania 25, does it deserve all the bitching? (I reckon they've put out a damn good card this year)

Hell Yeah it deserves the bitching. I've been the one DOING the bitching. But let me explain why i've been ranting on this. Well...I wouldn't even say i've been bitching much, but i said way back in the December, I don't think Wrestlemania is going to interest me much this year. (As in MY interest)

The matches they have put together have been OK, imo. HBK/ Taker, HHH/Orton ....interesting matches. My problem has been the buildup, or lack there of. My other problem, is going to be the results of these matches. So I'll give a match by match run-down.

HHH vs. Orton

- I've thought this was a decent matchup. Makes sense. I DID NOT like how Orton took over Jericho's storyline. Remember when Jericho was fired on Raw by Steph? Yeah....so all of a sudden it all changed around. (Not to mention the belt has been a hot potatoe) On top of that, who wins? Do you have the bad guy walk out of WM the champ? Or does HHH go over, cause he's put guys over for the past 6 years. I think thats the kicker on this match. Plus we've seen this match so many times.

Cena vs Big Show vs. Edge

- Is this Wrestlemania, or Judgement day. This storyline is TERRIBLE imo. I hate vickie, I hated how Edge won the belt in a match he wasn't in, and i hate the fact Big Show is challenging for the belt. I still they should have threw Jericho and the Hardys in this one, and made it crazy.

Hardy vs Hardy

- Good match. OK heel turn. Poor storylines since the heel turn. And i still dont see how Hardy didnt realize until now, Matt did all that stuff to him. Jeff said how many times he wouldnt fight his brother.

HBK vs Taker

- So HBK has been giving a mega push the past 6th months, and now he's most likely going to lose in his hometown at mania. Again, almost no buildup on this one. HBK says he wants Undertaker, when he's not even on raw. Just seemed out of no where imo. Can't complain on this match though good stuff.

MITB

I think this match has lost its uniqueness, but should still be good. Everyone is hating on Mark Henry, but he could pull off something crazy with his strength. Idk who i want to win.

Miz/Morrision vs Colons

Good match....but we've already seen it a handful of times.

Jericho vs Piper, Snuka, Steamboat

Ughhh, so many other better options for Jericho. Again....Jericho SHOULD be winning at mania. Now, he could lose to some washed up legends. Lame match. I would have much rather seen Jericho vs RVD (jericho eliminated him in the RR) Or Throwing Jericho in the title match. Hell....just a classic Jericho promo, where austin stuns him would be better than this.

JBL vs Mysterio (not sure if this is official)

I like this late addition....no buildup but ehh....can't leave of JBl/Mysterio from WM.

Looks like they are not going to be on mania: Swagger, Bourne, Dibiase, Rhodes (Which i think is BS)

=======================================================

So that's what i think of the matches. Its OK matches, i just feel they were slung together. I dont anything "special" about these matches either. This is a big WM, and really it looks like a Judgement Day card to me.

So thats why im complaing....is it deserved???? Hmmm, (thinks for a minute) i dont it matters if its deserved. Its my opinion, and if WWE waits until a month before Mania to build matches, they are going to see lackluster matches because they get cornered. So maybe its not deserved until AFTER the show, but hey. People are always going to be critcal. WWE didnt have a whole lot of fresh matchups options...but i still they could have improved the card.

Moonlight Drive

If you were given the option to book the card however you wish, what would you do?

I've been dying for it to happen and I think it may this year if Christian goes over, but do you think the MiTB will get cashed in the same night? If not, when?

Beer Money Army

thanks monty for that classic bret hart promo..(i loved heel bret hart in 1997)

1997 is without a doubt my favourite year of WWE.. 2001 would be close with all good match..

i think i given owen/bulldog about 4.5 stars, i really enjoyed the match, it was flat out awesome...

I did see WCW nitro 1997, but it was good but was all nwo all written over with it and them getting pwned by sting all the time... after the early 90's i lost all love for sting..

have you seen the King of cable match between sting/vader???

I think it's one of sting best matches ever...

what did you thought of Vader?

I thought he was great for a big man, his striking look great as well, but in 98 he seemed not to care, but then again WWE weren't pushing him as much...

Montana

If you were given the option to book the card however you wish, what would you do?

I posted this a month ago or so. This is tough to do because wwe has booked themselves in corners. I wouldn't say mine is all that special either. It's rather simple, straight forward, but i tried to make it a little more "unpredictable" It is going off current storylines. Had i actually been booking, i may have set up differently, and maybe book something like HBK vs. Randy Orton in the main event. Where Orton won the title at the rumble, and HBK won the rumble itself. Thus setting up a big homecoming for HBK, pff a ton of momentum from JBL.

A few weeks i would have said, Just throw Jericho in the world title match, because if you don't have a real match for him, no sense wasting him. I would have even considered throwing the hardys in there making it a 6 man for the championsihp (a WM first, to shake things up) The reason behind that, would be the whole Jeff not wanting to face his brother, plus it would free up a spot for another match.

Preshow (Raw vs SD 8 Man Tag)

Santino, Kane, Rhodes, Regal vs. Big Show, Khali, Kozlov, Mr. Kennedy

WM

Tommy Dreamer vs Jack Swagger (Do or Die match) - Dreamer says he wants one last shot at that belt. Swagger says he has to put his career on the line. Dreamer Loses.

Undertaker vs HBK - HBK says he's willing to put his Mr. Wrestlemania label on the line against the Undertaker. After a good 20 minute match Undertaker wins, due to JBL's help. Undertaker doesn't realize it at first and then see's it and destroys JBL.

Shelton vs CM Punk (US vs IC )
Just the typical I'm better than you match. Punk wins

MITB
Umaga vs. Dibaise vs. Morrison vs Bourne vs Koffi vs. JBL vs. MVP vs. Mysterio

JBL was supposed to enter the match, but HBK decides to take his place. Ends up winning a epic ladder match, but hurts his knee at the end of the match.

Chris Jericho vs. Christian, (With Flair/Rourke) - Chris Jericho continues to run his mouth on Raw, until Christian comes out and says he's tried of hearing about Y2J bitching and Challenges him to a match. Simple stuff. Y2J wins.

Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy (Extreme Rules) - Jeff Hardy wins, Matt wants to shake hands, but Jeff Hardy refuses

John Cena vs. Randy Orton
Randy Orton wins....and John Cena attacks him after the match.

HHH vs. Edge

HHH is screwed out of the title at NWO, and gets a rematch at Mania. Edge says he has a plan at Mania. Edge decides to pay off the referee in the match with a conterversial 3 count. After the match Edge begins to attacks HHH with a chair, until HBK runs down with the MITB briefcase. Officials are everywhere, and its choas. HBK grabs the mic as HHH limps to the back. HBK says he's done a lot of wrong things over the years, and he's going to start making up for them now. Starts talking about not knowing how many more matches he has left in his tank. Tells HHH to come back down to the ring. Says he's sick of HHH getting screwed over by edge, hands the MITB to HHH, HHH wins (sets up HBK vs Edge next year)

With this show, i kinda wanted to go outside of the box. I was thinking how to give this show a unpredictable feeling, and still make sense. I think everything makes sense and should deliver a great show top to bottom. I'm sure not everyone would like HHH defeating Edge in the main event. If not, put Orton vs Cena on last. Those two are interchangable. I would imagine some people wouldn't liek Taker vs HBK to end with a flaky finish, early in the show, but again, sets up for HBK's events later on in the show.

I've been dying for it to happen and I think it may this year if Christian goes over, but do you think the MiTB will get cashed in the same night? If not, when?

Not this year. Lol, at least i almost hope not. Christian has zero momentum heading into this match. MVP has a ton. The wwe dropped the ball on Christians return (sorta) I wouldn't be incredibly shocked if he won, but to me, it wouldnt fit storyline wise. UNLESS, he won and challenged Jack Swagger. (Which may explain some things) But as it is now, I'd have to think someone like Shelton/MVP is the favorite. Can't count out CM Punk.

I wouldnt even mind someone not even in the match come out and tries to get the breifcase (Edge-style) Someone like a Mr. Kennedy, Ted Dibiase, John Morrision.

have you seen the King of cable match between sting/vader???

Yep, its on the starrcade DVD. Its a good match. Idk if i'd say Sting's best, however i can't think of too many better matches. Maybe Sting vs Flair, or a war games match. But yeah, certain one of Stings best. I think i rated it 4.00 to 4.25

Sting has had a few good matches in TNA as well. Maybe something like Sting vs Jarrett/Angle may rank up there too.

I'm not a huge sting fan. I'd the blond old stinger, better than the crow sting.

what did you thought of Vader?

I liked Vader, certainly one of the most talented big men ever. He was great in WCW. THey booked him perfectly. WWE dropped the ball with Vader. I just saw the HBK vs. Vader SummerSlam match, and good match, but the match pace was interesting because at first HBK was the aggressor and Vader was taking everything HBK had, to start the match. I thought Vader should have been dominating HBK. I guess it wasn't the right time/place for Vader in the wwe. Certainly you cant discredit his WCW/Japan work from a failed wwe run though.