"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Do you think we'll ever see another "wrestling-boom" sometime in the really-really-NEAR future?

No, def. not in the near future. I don't see one for quite some time actually. I think we are looking about 5 years out, if not more. I guess it all depends what WWE does. They could change their prgramming around and it would affect it, but at this pace, it will continue to be average.

If WWE was in a desperate need in getting Khali over.. Was a feud with HBK be the best option????

They could throw him in a battle royal to win the championship, only to lose it a couple months later??? Oh thats been done. I think there is only so much you can do for a giant. He has to be dominant, and go up against a Cena like face, and get beat. After that, theres not much. I thought the finley feud was good. I'd probably put Khali in more street fight like matches to get him over, opposed to a fued with HBK. Yeah, HBK puts on the best matches, but in a street fight, Khali is at a advantage/disadvantage. Idk, thats my two cents. Basically a fued with a Matt Hardy like character with weapons. (or hbk, but it has to have weapons)

what are your expectations for the WWE Draft? Who do you feel will be moved to other shows?

I wouldnt really say i have expectations. I have a few moves i'd like to see happen....

- Turn Cena heel at Night of champions
- Turn Batista heel ....soon
- JBL face

- Kennedy , Umaga, Cade, DH Smith to SD (maybe HBK/Jericho)
- Taker, Punk, to Raw (maybe MVP)
- Carlito, Finaly, Holly to ECW

Bring in Atlas Dabone to SD and Colt Cabana to Raw.

As far as predictions... I'll say Kennedy, HBK, Umaga to SD, Batista/Taker/MVP to Raw,

Beer Money Army

what do you think of the band Tomahawk?

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jt856_nRxQk&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jt856_nRxQk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

this is a live performance on live aussie tv.. oh the song is named "God Hates a Coward"

Beer Money Army

lol....

ok here is a wrestling question...

Do you think Big show would be a better Ecw Champion for the company rather than Kane?

Montana

Do you think Big show would be a better Ecw Champion for the company rather than Kane?

Yes, i do. The main reason becaues he's a heel. No sense having a gentle giant in the land of cruiserweights? Well, thats my logic. It made sense when big show was champ originally because it made him look like a bad ass. To me, Kane just looks weaker. Theres nothing for Kane in ECW, hence why we see Big Show added. Now personally i dont think Big show should even be on a active roster. Heres my reasoning. The guy has done it all. Theres only so much a giant can do. The Floyd mayweather thing worked. But now, nothing. I'd use him as a role player (part time). Come in when needed. It would give him more rest, and keep him from being stale.

Montana

What are some WWE DVD's that you've seen recently?

well, i really don't buy many wwe dvds. I bought wm 24, mostly bc i have all the other ones. Other than that i bought the best of raw, and the hulk hogan anthology. I had the rise and fall of ecw. For the most part i DL the shows. I've seen:

HBK
HHH
Piper
Pillman
AWA
WCCW (von erichs)
Bret Hart
Ric Flair
4 horseman
ECW
DX
Undertaker
Raw
Vince Mcmahon
Ultimate Warrior
Monday Night Wars

Have not seen

Cena
Rock
Austin
Rey Mysterio
Hardys
Jake the Snake (I dont think i've seen this, but i want to)
Dusty Rhodes
Ladder matches
RVD
Road Warriors

Qwake

what do you think of Matt sydal so far in WWE (ECW)?

Do you think Sydal will become more popular then CM Punk did when he began and quicker?

Montana

what do you think of Matt sydal so far in WWE (ECW)?

VERY VERY Surprised! I would have never thought he would come up so fast with this sort of push. There is no question he's one of the best wrestlers in the world, but for a guy of his size to make such a big splash im in shock. He really doesnt have much in the way of mic skills either. I must applaud the wwe for noticing the true talent in him, and actually letting him wrestle and showcase his talent. He's one of my favorites to watch, and is so very crisp and clean in the ring. All in all, i think the wwe is using him perfect at the moment.

Do you think Sydal will become more popular then CM Punk did when he began and quicker?

No, it might get a better reaction faster, but in the long run, CM Punk is going to go much farther than Sydal. Punk has the total package, and at the end of the day, Sydal is still very very small. I hope the wwe keeps going with this push, but i think eventually his skills are going to get skill. Evan Bourne has to develop a character to be sucessful in the long run. Lets not forget either, Sydal is in his prime right now too. So i can't see him getting any better.

Beer Money Army

were you ever a fan of lex Luger???

Is Luger Matches with Flair in the late 80's.. (are his best matches in his career?)

do you think the 4 horseman would of succeed without Arn Anderson?

Montana

were you ever a fan of lex Luger???

Nah, not really. I thought the wwe did a excellent job using him in 93. After that, he kinda went down the tubes. I wouldnt say i was a fan.

Is Luger Matches with Flair in the late 80's.. (are his best matches in his career?)

Tough to say. From a entertainment standpoint, his fued with Yoko was much greater imo. I havent seen much of Luger/Flair from the 80's, but i heard he was still green or new. I believe he had a good match vs. sting back then too. I never watched him much in his later run in wcw. So basically lex luger never really put on any "great" matches.

do you think the 4 horseman would of succeed without Arn Anderson?

I think so. Ric Flair was really the backbone of the four horseman. I was never a big fan of Arn Anderson. Good hard worker, but from a entertainment standpoint, almost anyone could do what he did. Arn Anderson remember me of a angry tough uncle. Not really like a wrestler. Do i give him credit for being very loyal and a hardworker.

Qwake

What is your favorite Royal Rumble match ever?

How do you think NOC is shaping up to be?

Soulpower

Are you the same Montana from the ROH forums? Just had to ask :shifty:

Montana

What is your favorite Royal Rumble match ever?

The 92 Royal Rumble were Flair won the championship. All the big stars were in that rumble that year. Good storytelling and pyschology. Great commentating. Good good stuff.

How do you think NOC is shaping up to be?

Not too good actually. Other than Cena vs HHH there isn't much to be excited about. Lots of duds in my opinion. Heres the card.

Cena vs HHH II

Great main event. Should deliver, hopefully there isn't any dq/or bs finish.

Batista vs Edge (again)

Why? Dud

Kane vs Big Show

Dud, Who cares?

Holly/Rhodes vs Dibiase & ???

I kinda like this actually. I think most of us, think Dibiase is winning some gold on his first night. Who's he going to pick? Should be a interesting part of the show.

Miz/Morrison vs Finlay/Hornswoggle.

Ehhh, its a ok match, but its still kind of a dud. Its more like a tv match.

Hardy vs Chavo

Did i miss something? I thought Chavo was in ECW. Should be a ok match, but i can't see it being that great.

James vs Burchill

Not bad.

HBK vs Jericho????

Show stealer, if it happens. Much like all of HBK's matches.

Are you the same Montana from the ROH forums? Just had to ask

Yep. I dont go on it much at home, but i go there a lot when im at work.

Beer Money Army

At the Moment right Now..

What do you Think will be the 3 Summerslam World Championship Matches???

My guess: HHH/Y2J/Cena Raw, Big Show/Umaga ECW, Edge/Taker SD (i think taker off tv is short-term but if not) Edge/MVP...