"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Qwake

Who do you think is the most underrated superstar on RAW, SD, and ECW and why?

Montana

What other indies do you follow?

The only one i strongly follow is ROH, due to accessibilty. I try and keep up on IWA-MS, Chikara, PWG, PWS, NOAH, DG, Memphis, FCW, FIP NWA. I try and look at cards/results champs and stuff. My favorite of those others would be IWA-MS. There is minor things i dislike about the others, but i can't say anything bad from what i've seen in IWA-MS. For some reason, Chikara doesnt do it for me, although i think its how its presented to me. PWG is solid, but i think its just the lack of viewing for me to rate it higher. PWS seems pretty awesome, havent seen any yet, Japan always puts on great matches, but i cant understand what the f they are saying. Memphis and NWA is good fun classic wrestling. FIP is sweet, although its too much like ROH's kid sister in a way and i havent really seen any full shows.

So do you rank Chris benoit in-ring wrestling work as one of the greatest?

I was never i big fan of his " in ring" work. He was good, def. not the greatest . I'll compile a top 10 Wrestlers (high flying/technical/overall) These are mine opinion too.

1) Ric Flair
2) HBK
3) Bruno Sammarinto (probably should be higher)
4) Bret Hart
5) RVD
6) Rey Mysterio
7) Mr. Perfect
8) Jericho
9) Ricky Steamboat
10) Chris Beniot/Eddie

I got the feeling there is a few wrestlers im forget too, but i'd say about 10 is where Beniot ends up on my list. Thats very generous too for 40 years. To me, Beniot never had many "blockbuster" matchups. His lack of personality, hurt the storytelling in his matches. I also perfer a more charismatic wrestler, than just a mat wrestler. I like a little versability too, guys like HBK and RVD who can wrestle any style.

Who do you think is the most underrated superstar on RAW, SD, and ECW and why?

Hmmm, ok, ill do this two ways. Underrated to the fans, and Underrated to the wwe.

I think the fans underrate Mark Henry the most. His last solid run in like 06-07 to me, it looked like he improved greatly. THe guy can talk, and he can sell in the ring. For his size, he may be one of the best of all time. That might be stretching it, but the guy is a great heel. Injuries have kept him down his whole career, but it just seems like everyone hates him to hate him.

Underrated to WWE would be Kenny Dykstra. They have him go solo, and do NOTHING for the guy. They expect him to go out there and get over wrestling, but they water down their wrestling style so much, its no wonder why he can't get under just in the ring.

All in all, not many underated guys either way. I think there is a handful of over rated though. Another candidate for Under rated by the fans is John Cena. Half the fans want to see him jobbed out, which is nuts. If you looked at the roster in 2005 when they need new stars to rise up, its was a no brainer in Cena, and im glad the WWE has stuck with him. I think he's going a great job, and he doesnt get the credit he deserves.

Opps, Raw, SD, and ECW

Well for Raw I'd go Cena by fans, as stated before. Underrated by WWE on Raw would probably be London Kendrick or Super Crazy. They are used in their role though. These cases aren't extreme. But if i had to pick out some names, these would be it.

Underrated on ECW would be Matt Stryker or Estrada, these guys ain't half bad.

Bigfella

Reaction score
If any wrestler was to do a 50 ft bump onto concrete, who do you think it would be?

Montana

If any wrestler was to do a 50 ft bump onto concrete, who do you think it would be?

A dead one. Are you making refernce to the Jeff Hardy "leap of faith" onto Umaga? So i guess, ill just say the craziest wrestler right now is the Necro Butcher, that i know of. I think Mondo is pretty nuts, but i havent seen his stuff, or anyone from CZW's much. Can't say im a fan of CZW.

Beer Money Army

Do you think sometime in 2008.. Robert Roode will get his One On One Feud/storyline with TNA world Champion (whoever it is)?

Montana

Do you think sometime in 2008.. Robert Roode will get his One On One Feud/storyline with TNA world Champion (whoever it is)?

I was thinking about this the other day, and i dont see Roode main eventing a PPV this year in a one on one match. He's had some great fueds, and he's a upper mid card guy, but i dont see him breaking the glass ceiling to main event. Heres why:

- Booker T, He's going to hogging up the super heel spot now that Angle is out. Booker could win the title in the short future, which would make it near impossible for Roode to make it in.

- AJ Styles, not really new to the main event scene, but he's not a draw. Neither is Roode, you put Style vs Roode as a main event, and your looking at bad buyrates. In their main events, they generally consist of TNA star vs Ex WWE/WCW star.

- He's got nothing going on now. He seems to be running in circles, and the Booker T fued was supposed to elevate Roode, but in turn, its left Roode kinda lost.

-Fear that Roode would leave for the WWE. I do think if the wwe could take a few TNA stars, Roode would be one of them. He's young, has a good character, and can play his role. With the right molding, he could be very valuable to the wwe.

SOOO, with that being said, I could see him possibily getting into the main event in 2009. But everything must fall in place. I think the best thing to do right now, would be to create Robert Roode Inc. and have it actually be a faction. Lets say, Roode gets screwed by the system however, so now Roode declares war on Cornette and TNA. First things first, he's going to sign Tomko, Steiner, Petey for muscle. This could be entertaining, i think as Steiner would be a loud mouth, and Roode the more calm and calculated. Tomko and Petey would be in the ring. But yea, thats what i would do for the time being to get him over the hump.

what do you think of AOTF winning the tag titles?

Good stuff, I thought they would win, but i wasn't sure how they would beat Team Work (twice) I like where they are going with this. These guys are hated, and loved at the same time, its kinda weird. But with them being champs, its going to create the most storylines. Steenerico, Team Work, Briscoes, MCMG, all have history with AOTF. They can still keep the Jacobs/Aries fued going. Kevin Steen will continue with his quest for gold in 08. Dragon/Aries wont be tied up with the tag belts. Good choice i think, plus their first reign was too short.

Bonus Question: ROH's 8th PPV in Detroit, Who do i think is going to wrestle?

I'm pretty pumped about this one. Seeing the results of the 7th PPV last night, it should give us a insight as to what we will see in July. (which you wont really see til like sept) I think im going to be way off on this, but i'll throw it out there.

-Nigel vs Claudio

Seems like a good time to bring this one to PPV. Claudio has had a solid PPV record, and should be due for a title shot soon. He's been on just about every ppv to.

- Jacobs vs. Aries (some crazy stip match)

- Danielson vs Black

Maybe a longshot, but im pretty sure Black will be a high profile match, same as danielson

- Lance Storm vs Chris Hero

- Strong vs Richards

- Kevin Steen vs El Generico
Let some fustration out on each other.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Hey Montana...

heres several quick questions from the Cum-Man....*cough*...errr! I mean
the KenFan...

Question 1: "Is Austin Aries as awesome as people think he is?"

Question 2: "Do You Consider Candice Michelle to be the greatest WWE diva in the company right now?"

Question 3: "ARe you taller then hornswoggle?"

Question 4: "Do You Think That Mr.Kennedy will win the WWE Championship in the Main Event of the upcoming WrestleMania 25?"

Beer Money Army

my question is christoper Daniels one..

This Man been with tna almost since it's inception... But since after 2006.. the Man been Jobbed....

Do you think the Fallen Angel has been misused in the last 2 years???

(in my mind he should be a big Time X-division wrestler or atleast working his way to world title contendership...)

Montana

heres several quick questions from the Cum-Man....*cough*...errr! I mean
the KenFan...

Oh god.

Question 1: "Is Austin Aries as awesome as people think he is?"

Yeah, I'd say he's put on the best matches of any wrestler in the past 9 months. His style is very versitile too. He puts a lot effort into all his matches.

Question 2: "Do You Consider Candice Michelle to be the greatest WWE diva in the company right now?"

Is she still in the company? I guess that answers your question.

Question 3: "ARe you taller then hornswoggle?"

My cock is bigger than hornswoggle

Question 4: "Do You Think That Mr.Kennedy will win the WWE Championship in the Main Event of the upcoming WrestleMania 25?"

If i wanted to play the numbers game, i'd say no. I think a handful of guys have better chances right now. I'd put guys like Jeff Hardy and CM Punk ahead of kennedy right now. We really have to wait until the draft. I think should give us some insight on what they want to do at WM 25. (it generally does) Plus as of late, they haven't been adding much new talent to the main event, they've been using more veterns.

Do you think the Fallen Angel has been misused in the last 2 years???

Exactly. Idk wtf is this curry man stuff. Ever since they brought have XXX Daniels has dropped off. Im not sure if he doesnt care anymore or what. He's alway's been a midcard guy, but i think if used right, he could be a main event player. Some who could mess with peoples head as a heel. He's got mic skills too. I'm surprised TNA didn't give him more of a shot at upper card.

Beer Money Army

We know these 2 had heaps of matches.. but

What is Your top 3 Favourite Y2J Vs Chris benoit MatcH...

for Me :)
1st Ladder Match (RR 2001) **** 1/2
2nd Super J Cup Match (1995) **** 1/2
3rd Fall brawl 1996 Match (y2J Debut in WCW) ****

I would rate J cup/Ladder Match the same rating.. But I would say the ladder match was a tad better.. But it was hard to choose between them.. A Honorable mention would be there Backlash 2000 match as i think it was a **** encounter...

Montana

What is Your top 3 Favourite Y2J Vs Chris benoit MatcH...

I havent seen the Super J cup, and i don't remember the Fall Brawl 96 one either. So by default, i'd have to say the ladder match. Matches start to blur together after a while. The y2J/Beniot days, were kinda when i was phasing out of wwe for a while due to being a HS senior/College. (2001-2005) I followed wrestling those years, i just didn't follow it as close. Eventually i started to lose intrested (2004-2005) When Eddie pasted it was about when i first school, so i picked back up again. Its funny, in 2005 the only thing i like about wwe/SD was John Cena. Its funny how fast people are to forget.

But yeah, that was a rambling, since i didnt have much to say on Beniot/Jericho.

How about my favorite, Jericho and Beniot match.

Jericho vs HBK (WM 21)

Beniot vs HBK vs HHH (wm20)

Beer Money Army

Samoa joe vs Aj styles vs Christopher Daniels (Unbreakable 2005), would you consider it as the greatest match ever in TNA?

i found the super J cup match on youtube... i own the 94/95 on dvd's there pby 1-2 matches better than it in both tournaments..

enjoy :)

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eJH1TMpePR4&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eJH1TMpePR4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

pt. 2

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FBdDkp19hW8&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FBdDkp19hW8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Montana

Samoa joe vs Aj styles vs Christopher Daniels (Unbreakable 2005), would you consider it as the greatest match ever in TNA?

I did for a long time. I think its still right up there. A few weeks ago i pulled out my BFG 06 tape and rewatched the 6 sides of steele with AJ/Daniels vs LAX. That was a badass match. That may be my favorite, not sure if i'd call it the best. I've always been a fan of the KOTM match too. Im not 100% on the year, but i believe it was 06-07 that was really good. All in all, I would have to say the 3 way, probably has been the best match they've had, although not my personel fav.

I'll check out that match later. It may be a little ways away.

Hometown Kid

What did you think of Brian Danielson beating Lance Cade in a dark match before RAW? Is this a sign of Danielson jumping to WWE considering not everyone just walks in uncontracted and beats a wrestler under contract?